BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #1035
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
170
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ventura County, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 335i M-Sport  [2.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to theriz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Interesting.

I've been looking at the HP Autowerk site and they have some pretty fancy suspension stuff. Something like this would be great, but the price tag is too much for me, right now...

http://www.hpashop.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=174



I have no idea what you're talking about lol.
lol. you know how you have your profile pic then you have those other pics on the top middle. people have like pictures of things like city's and stuff...

wondering if anyone has seen a bmw one.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #1036
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
66
Rep
5,278
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Interesting.

I've been looking at the HP Autowerk site and they have some pretty fancy suspension stuff. Something like this would be great, but the price tag is too much for me, right now...

http://www.hpashop.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=174
same set-up I want... I already got a quote, so i know what you're talking about! lol... but IMHO i think it may be worth it

i will get that suspension... one of these days.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #1037
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
36
Rep
2,904
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
What's the issue with the KW V3s? I just purchased a few sets to stock. Did I miss something?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
From what I've read, the issues don't lie specifically with the V3's, but rather KW as a whole company. They seem to have some quality issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #1038
acuteperformance
acuteperformance's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,094
Posts

Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to acuteperformance Send a message via MSN to acuteperformance
Interesting... Maybe I should've stocked a few Bilstein sets as well. Do you have any info on the KWs? If there really is an issue I'd like to bring it up with them.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
From what I've read, the issues don't lie specifically with the V3's, but rather KW as a whole company. They seem to have some quality issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #1039
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
36
Rep
2,904
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
lol. you know how you have your profile pic then you have those other pics on the top middle. people have like pictures of things like city's and stuff...

wondering if anyone has seen a bmw one.
Oh yea, I know what you're talking about. I think there is a website that generates those pics for you, but I don't remember the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
same set-up I want... I already got a quote, so i know what you're talking about! lol... but IMHO i think it may be worth it

i will get that suspension... one of these days.
I mean, a few hundred dollars isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's a bit much to swallow at first.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #1040
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
36
Rep
2,904
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
Interesting... Maybe I should've stocked a few Bilstein sets as well. Do you have any info on the KWs? If there really is an issue I'd like to bring it up with them.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
If you search around, you will see people talking about various problems (e.g., squeaks, parts breaking), but what you read on forums is obviously not representative of the entire company. What we read here will give us a skewed perception.

I'm sure KW is a fine company, especially if they offer lifetime warranties on all of their products.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 02:07 AM   #1041
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
393
Rep
15,822
Posts

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (295)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
What's the issue with the KW V3s? I just purchased a few sets to stock. Did I miss something?

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
I remember a lot of squeaking issues

but this was about 1-2 years ago
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #1042
Definitive
definitivecars.com
Definitive's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
3,812
Posts

Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
I have a squeak, but only when I shift hard. Never hear it otherwise... I'm guessing it's a rubber bushing or something. Who knows. I'll never find it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #1043
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
M_BYEEE's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
3,265
Posts

Drives: BSM X5M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (7)

I know you guys are all M3Heads over here but what do you think about the 1M it's been growing on me recently I would have to wait until someone wanted to sell theirs though because there is no way I could order one the list is probably soooo long. It's such a little beast it looks like a pitbull to me
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #1044
mot
Banned
United_States
11
Rep
937
Posts

Drives: e92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
I know you guys are all M3Heads over here but what do you think about the 1M it's been growing on me recently I would have to wait until someone wanted to sell theirs though because there is no way I could order one the list is probably soooo long. It's such a little beast it looks like a pitbull to me
It does look aggressive. I would like to check it out in person and maybe have a test-drive.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #1045
Definitive
definitivecars.com
Definitive's Avatar
United_States
154
Rep
3,812
Posts

Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Its def a cool little car. Too small for me. But I could see getting one as a dedicated track car one day!

D
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #1046
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
M_BYEEE's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
3,265
Posts

Drives: BSM X5M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (7)

unlike you though Jamie I only typically carry one passenger with me and I dont need a backseat or four doors for a carseat I bet if I got one of these I could tune it to put down a hair over 400 HP and give you M3 guys a run for your money on the track, maybe not Jason. Essentially its the m3 chassis and components only 3" shorter and weighs a little bit less. I didnt really like it at first because its soo similar to my car now but the rarity and uniqueness of it is really starting to get to me
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #1047
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
393
Rep
15,822
Posts

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (295)

depends on the track honestly

a track like SOW then yes. but one like Big Willow... it's a drivers race
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #1048
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
36
Rep
2,904
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
I know you guys are all M3Heads over here but what do you think about the 1M it's been growing on me recently I would have to wait until someone wanted to sell theirs though because there is no way I could order one the list is probably soooo long. It's such a little beast it looks like a pitbull to me
I like the looks of it, but I haven't looked into the car in depth. It's a shame that they didn't use the S65, but that engine is on it's way out and besides, the 1M with an S65 would just destroy the M3, unless it was detuned.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #1049
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
M_BYEEE's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
3,265
Posts

Drives: BSM X5M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (7)

sorry mr. track-style expert hahaha
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #1050
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
36
Rep
2,904
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Its def a cool little car. Too small for me. But I could see getting one as a dedicated track car one day!

D
For a track car, I'd actually love a Miata lol.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #1051
acuteperformance
acuteperformance's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,094
Posts

Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to acuteperformance Send a message via MSN to acuteperformance
I went to New Century looking to find more info about the M1, was even slightly interested in putting down a deposit until he told me there was a $10k dealer markup. Screw that, I'd rather pickup an M3 at that price.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #1052
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
170
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ventura County, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 335i M-Sport  [2.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to theriz
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
I went to New Century looking to find more info about the M1, was even slightly interested in putting down a deposit until he told me there was a $10k dealer markup. Screw that, I'd rather pickup an M3 at that price.

Michael
its who you know!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #1053
acuteperformance
acuteperformance's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,094
Posts

Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to acuteperformance Send a message via MSN to acuteperformance
that's probably true. i don't normally go through that dealer just stopped by. i normally work with ryan over at steven thomas.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
its who you know!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #1054
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
393
Rep
15,822
Posts

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (295)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
I like the looks of it, but I haven't looked into the car in depth. It's a shame that they didn't use the S65, but that engine is on it's way out and besides, the 1M with an S65 would just destroy the M3, unless it was detuned.
If it had a S65 in there I'd more than likely get one

but it would dethrone the M3 too much lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
sorry mr. track-style expert hahaha
I'm no expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
For a track car, I'd actually love a Miata lol.
I'd love a S2k!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
I went to New Century looking to find more info about the M1, was even slightly interested in putting down a deposit until he told me there was a $10k dealer markup. Screw that, I'd rather pickup an M3 at that price.

Michael
Screw that. I'll take one at invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
its who you know!


Yup
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #1055
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
170
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ventura County, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 335i M-Sport  [2.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to theriz
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
that's probably true. i don't normally go through that dealer just stopped by. i normally work with ryan over at steven thomas.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
ahh okay.. Ryan Bosman or Amico?
yeah they are usually pretty good..



Did i tell you guys about the sting operation that the CHP is doing?

Anyway, its the whole month of April. They are going for tint and talking on cell phone while driving, from now till the end of the month. justa FYI
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #1056
acuteperformance
acuteperformance's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,094
Posts

Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to acuteperformance Send a message via MSN to acuteperformance
Ryan Amico. Looks like they are doing MSRP.

"Currently, only have two allocated 1M's(both of which are spoken for). I have 5 potential clients on a waiting list, should I receive more allocation. Due to our limited allocation, we are selling them at MSRP.

Ryan Amico"

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1day riz will have an m3, i owe jason :d, james loves nails, jamie <3s octomom, jason wears lizard shoes!, persian hates women, riz gives out handjobs, riz has sulfur ass, riz is happy with dps, wes = megakooni, wes is too flashy, yousif da traitor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST