BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #9241
Definitive
definitivecars.com
 
Definitive's Avatar
 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 3,692
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
420 pages of posts in this thread, and almost 10,000 posts. WOW.

And shit changing 19 and 18in wheels and tires on a SUV is a PITA, especially when you dont have a lug extension and you are using a 20 yr old borrowed jack and wrench. LOL

Buying my own, jack, wrench and jack stands this week. I need to get one of those positioners as well. I guess it has all started, next Ill get the lug conversions.

So upset, one of the track organizers is doing an Airstrip event I was going to go to with my dad but he found out hes out of town that weekend. OF all weekends. Id go but its damn expensive.

D
__________________
Definitive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #9242
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
420 pages of posts in this thread, and almost 10,000 posts. WOW.

And shit changing 19 and 18in wheels and tires on a SUV is a PITA, especially when you dont have a lug extension and you are using a 20 yr old borrowed jack and wrench. LOL

Buying my own, jack, wrench and jack stands this week. I need to get one of those positioners as well. I guess it has all started, next Ill get the lug conversions.

So upset, one of the track organizers is doing an Airstrip event I was going to go to with my dad but he found out hes out of town that weekend. OF all weekends. Id go but its damn expensive.

D
Which jack are you thinking of getting?

Which airstrip event? link?

I have a couple jack stands that I have...honestly never used. sad I know..



On another note:

I want KBBQ
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #9243
Definitive
definitivecars.com
 
Definitive's Avatar
 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 3,692
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Maybe THIS one... Or one from like pep boys for 80 bucks...

Are you saying I can have your jack stands? Or are you just saying that you should really start using them!

And here is the event LINK...

D
__________________
Definitive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #9244
cooler2442
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles

Posts: 3,815
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
I picked up a few jacks to try them out from Sears and they were all super crappy unless your willing to spend 150$+ then I saw my friends jack and he got it from harbor freight and it seemed way easier to use / better. So I'd recommend one of these personally:

http://www.harborfreight.com/Pittsbu...oor-jacks.html

I think there are decent coupons for this weekend as well:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...html?hftref=cj
__________________
cooler2442 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #9245
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Maybe THIS one... Or one from like pep boys for 80 bucks...

Are you saying I can have your jack stands? Or are you just saying that you should really start using them!

And here is the event LINK...

D
That looks like the Jack I have

but i got it for like $70 on sale I think

I should start using them for pad changes lol
thanks for the links
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #9246
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
I picked up a few jacks to try them out from Sears and they were all super crappy unless your willing to spend 150$+ then I saw my friends jack and he got it from harbor freight and it seemed way easier to use / better. So I'd recommend one of these personally:

http://www.harborfreight.com/Pittsbu...oor-jacks.html

I think there are decent coupons for this weekend as well:

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...html?hftref=cj
Thanks for the link

doesn't this seem too cheap??
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal...MzAwOCJ9%0D%0A
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #9247
cooler2442
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles

Posts: 3,815
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Thanks for the link

doesn't this seem too cheap??
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal...MzAwOCJ9%0D%0A
I think that's about normal since it's an air one so you need one of those air compressors and etc for it to work. Three types of impact wrenches I think. Air, Electric, Cordless.
__________________
cooler2442 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #9248
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
I think that's about normal since it's an air one so you need one of those air compressors and etc for it to work. Three types of impact wrenches I think. Air, Electric, Cordless.
found out it's crappy lol


" Titanium version ingersol rand guns" is what one should get

they're a couple hundred dollars
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #9249
Definitive
definitivecars.com
 
Definitive's Avatar
 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 3,692
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Sean, have you not heard of harbor freight? Most of there stuff is super super cheap and works for like 3 jobs then done. That's why I'm worried about buying their jack....

D
__________________
Definitive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #9250
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Sean, have you not heard of harbor freight? Most of there stuff is super super cheap and works for like 3 jobs then done. That's why I'm worried about buying their jack....

D
Nope

I tend to buy stuff from online vendors, kragen or Sears, or once in a while auto zone pep boys
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #9251
WesleyC
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

Posts: 2,893
iTrader: (20)

I bought a jack from Harbor Freight, used it swap my wheels, then returned it.
WesleyC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #9252
creaminz
Major General
 
creaminz's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. Cal

Posts: 7,684
iTrader: (33)

Been using harbor freight jack for few months now, still holding up. I really like the one I bought from costco though, thing is heavy but works very well
creaminz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #9253
Definitive
definitivecars.com
 
Definitive's Avatar
 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 3,692
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Done deal then. I'll pick mine up tomorrow.

D
__________________
Definitive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #9254
Definitive
definitivecars.com
 
Definitive's Avatar
 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 3,692
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Anyone know if there is a way to watch the ball drop at 9pm tonight? Tryin to seeing we can show our son but he can't stay up till 12...

Also, what is the age for a passenger in a car on a track?

D
__________________
Definitive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #9255
Bowser330
Captain
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 750
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Anyone know if there is a way to watch the ball drop at 9pm tonight? Tryin to seeing we can show our son but he can't stay up till 12...

Also, what is the age for a passenger in a car on a track?

D
Cable news channels should be showing it at 9pm, the local news will probably play it on a time delay...or both live and time delay...

or you can watch it online live (9pm) on many sites similar to this one...http://newyears.earthcam.com/

It depends on the track, i googled it, and several came back with different rules, "must be at lest 16 yrs of age" or "must be at least 18 yrs of age" or " no passengers allowed", it would be best to contact the track or event organizers specifically for their ruling, and get the persons name so you can confirm again with him/her at the track in person.

That airstrip event looks really tempting! I need more mods though...
Bowser330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #9256
DriftDreamzSS
Captain
 
DriftDreamzSS's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oxnard, Ca / Lafayette, LA

Posts: 625
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to DriftDreamzSS Send a message via Yahoo to DriftDreamzSS
Ive been using a harbor freight jack for about 5 years now. Took it to tons of drift events and was pretty much a common jack at my old house with 2 other roommates constantly working on cars at-least 4 days a week. This jack has held up way better than I ever expected. I know what you mean about the SUV wheels, I just did the front brakes on my Audi yesterday and I hate how they dont use wheel studs!
__________________
_
DriftDreamzSS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #9257
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
That airstrip event looks really tempting! I need more mods though...
i have enough mods... pay for me and you can be my guest to drive a few passes. i'm broke from Christmas and trying to get new parts for myself. lol

i sooooo wanna go to the airport run event.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #9258
Definitive
definitivecars.com
 
Definitive's Avatar
 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 3,692
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Thanks guys will look on the tv and online later. And just got my jack from harbor freight! 70$ she was like that online price is too low but I'll give it to you since you hosed it to me... I was like, uh, this is your website right now.?.?.? Lol

^^^^ I was going to say the same thing Jason. LOL I would split with you if we take your car! Lol
__________________
Definitive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #9259
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Anyone know if there is a way to watch the ball drop at 9pm tonight? Tryin to seeing we can show our son but he can't stay up till 12...

Also, what is the age for a passenger in a car on a track?

D
You can view it on various places

Re: passengers:

Willow springs does not allow passengers unless you are an instructor. This is a rule set forth by Willow Springs.
Regardless of you go with, you are not allowed to have a passenger.
Friends can sign a waiver and take ride-alongs with instructors though.


Buttonwillow:
Passengers are allowed if they sign a wavier, I believe 18+? could be 16

I don't know about other tracks.
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #9260
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
^^^^ I was going to say the same thing Jason. LOL I would split with you if we take your car! Lol
i'd this would be a good event to throw some miles on new tires and get them ready for MFEST but i can't afford tires right now either. school is seriously draining my pockets. if someone wants to pay, i'll take the car and let the person who paid be the driver for half the day hahaha


Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Willow springs does not allow passengers unless you are an instructor. This is a rule set forth by Willow Springs.
Regardless of you go with, you are not allowed to have a passenger.
Friends can sign a waiver and take ride-alongs with instructors though.
instructors also have the ability to show-up late and pick any class to drive in and take people out for ride alongs and drive other peoples cars hahaha. such a great perk!
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #9261
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post

instructors also have the ability to show-up late and pick any class to drive in and take people out for ride alongs and drive other peoples cars hahaha. such a great perk!
Yeah seriously

They are such lucky bastards aren't they?
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #9262
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Yeah seriously

They are such lucky bastards aren't they?
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1day riz will have an m3, i owe jason :d, james loves nails, jamie <3s octomom, jason wears lizard shoes!, persian hates women, riz gives out handjobs, riz has sulfur ass, riz is happy with dps, wes = megakooni, wes is too flashy, yousif da traitor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST