BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

ESS Tuning

02-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Merlin_83
Merlin

Drives: 2012 BMW M3 w/ZCP 6MT

Smile My first BMW - and it's an M3

Greetings,

I purchased my first BMW (3 months ago) - it's a 2012 M3 Mineral White w/ the ZCP or competition package. Got it at Seattle BMW, had about 11,000 miles on it. I drove it for awhile but have parked it for the winter, I live in the Pacific Northwest and we recently had all sorts of snow and crap - here they don't use sand or salt, they use large size gravel on the roads I was born and raised in SoCal but the job sector I am in (technology) took me to the NW many years ago - I miss the SoCal car culture and the nicer weather very much.

Never had a BMW before, always wanted one since I first saw an M3 in 1988 when I had no money and was in college. I had been planning on buying a pre-owned Lexus ISF but one drive with the 6 speed manual w/competition package equipped M3 I knew I had to have it. It took years to position myself to be able to get this car, I worked super hard to pay off bills save money and get to the point where I could make this happen. I put a big chunk of change down on it and financed the balance - the car is simply amazing. When I can I will post pictures and videos (w/my GoPro)

I totally get the whole Bimmer thing now - I will likely have lots of questions. I had started to post at another forum, but it seems like it's not very active. And have been watching videos from Bimmerpost on YouTube, this led me to consider coming to this forum, seems like there is much more activity.

Cheers,
Merlin
Merlin_83 is offline   United_States
      02-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
///M3_DCT
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_83 View Post
Greetings,

I purchased my first BMW (3 months ago) - it's a 2012 M3 Mineral White w/ the ZCP or competition package. Got it at Seattle BMW, had about 11,000 miles on it. I drove it for awhile but have parked it for the winter, I live in the Pacific Northwest and we recently had all sorts of snow and crap - here they don't use sand or salt, they use large size gravel on the roads I was born and raised in SoCal but the job sector I am in (technology) took me to the NW many years ago - I miss the SoCal car culture and the nicer weather very much.

Never had a BMW before, always wanted one since I first saw an M3 in 1988 when I had no money and was in college. I had been planning on buying a pre-owned Lexus ISF but one drive with the 6 speed manual w/competition package equipped M3 I knew I had to have it. It took years to position myself to be able to get this car, I worked super hard to pay off bills save money and get to the point where I could make this happen. I put a big chunk of change down on it and financed the balance - the car is simply amazing. When I can I will post pictures and videos (w/my GoPro)

I totally get the whole Bimmer thing now - I will likely have lots of questions. I had started to post at another forum, but it seems like it's not very active. And have been watching videos from Bimmerpost on YouTube, this led me to consider coming to this forum, seems like there is much more activity.

Cheers,
Merlin
///AA Stage 1 Supercharger, Akrapovic Evo, KW V3 Coilovers EDC Delete, Stoptech BBK, Vorshlag Plates, Volk TE37SL, LTMW 1M Front Bumper, SLEK 1M Splitter, Vorsteiner Carbon Trunk, Vorsteiner Type II Diffuser
///M3_DCT is offline   United_States
      02-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Genericuser1
Lieutenant

Drives: four wheels

I'm with you, just got a 2011 a couple of weeks ago, first BMW as well. Enjoy!
      02-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #4
robbiedawg
Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 ib e90 m3, 1995 acura nsx

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 ACURA NSX-T  [0.00]
congrats,the m3 is my first bmw,too.i wanted to test an m3 in '96,when it would have been a financial stretch,but the salesman was so rude i ended up with an integra gsr.i always had the m3 in the back of my mind,though,and finally got it about 2 years ago.you will have a lot of fun with it,it's a beast,but with a nice dual nature-it can also be surprisingly civilized.

~EVERYTHING IN MODERATION,INCLUDING MODERATION ~
robbiedawg is offline   United_States
      02-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #5
INNOVATE_1
EL MERO MERO

Drives: Nissan

Glad you're doing well in technology, Merlin. I'm sure being a wizard was overrated anyway..

Lol.. Jk man, congrats on your new toy!!
INNOVATE_1 is offline   Mexico
      02-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #6
davesaddiction
is fast cars

Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Welcome! Hope she's freed from the garage soon - I've had mine since June 2012 and it's also my first BMW. Loving every minute with this beautiful beast.
davesaddiction is offline   United_States
      02-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
hellafied
M Powered Beast

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP MWM

Garage List
Quote:
Greetings,

Cheers,
Merlin
Welcome! I have a 2011 E92 in MWM with ZCP. It really is an amazing machine.

What mods do you have planned? If you don't have any planned you will soon enough spending time here!
hellafied is offline   United_States
      02-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Petros
Banned

Drives: M3

congrats! where are the pics?
      02-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #9
M3-S65
Banned

Awesome ! Congrats on the new car !!

I am going to link you up to the best piece of information on our cars:

http://www.billswebspace.com/E92M3Af...esTraining.pdf

enjoy!
M3-S65 is offline   No_Country
      02-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #10
auggiem3
Captain

Drives: e92 M3 / former e46 M3 owner

congrats
auggiem3 is offline   United_States
      02-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #11
Agent-GHQ
First Lieutenant

Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

Congrats man!

The e92 is my first ///M3 too and I've always wanted to own and drive the ultimate driving machine since the high school!
Agent-GHQ is online now   United_States
      02-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #12
Merlin_83
Merlin

Drives: 2012 BMW M3 w/ZCP 6MT

Question Preemptive apology..how-to post my pics?

Ok, so sorry for a likely dum-dum question...do I have to use a image hosting site and use the respective URL's to post pics ?

Me thinks so..since pulling (large) image files from peoples machines would bloat the server(s) this site is hosted at.

I have a bunch of decent pics..and would like to post, I have a Flickr account, but does not seem that they make possible to re-direct image with a URL to another site..

I tried using this sites Attach Files - but got a security token warning, perhaps because I am new ?

Also, is there an option to pay a fee (here on Bimmerpost/M3post.com) for more premium access ? Like being able to post pictures and videos directly into or within the body of the post ?

I will post as soon as I get 'er figured out

best ideas please ?

Cheers,
Merlin
Merlin_83 is offline   United_States
      02-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #13
SlowSaloonM3
Major General

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Mineral white is my favorite color. Other than any black variety.
      02-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #14
davesaddiction
is fast cars

Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
I have a bunch of decent pics..and would like to post, I have a Flickr account, but does not seem that they make possible to re-direct image with a URL to another site..
From Flickr, go do Download/All Sizes, and grab the image URL from there.

Like this:

davesaddiction is offline   United_States
      02-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #15
khangniehu
Registered

Drives: bmw

I'm sure being a wizard was overrated anyway.
      02-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #16
Jay-K
Colonel

Drives: Slow

congratulation, be proud!
Jay-K is offline   Indonesia
      02-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #17
M3-S65
Banned

Quote:
Ok, so sorry for a likely dum-dum question...do I have to use a image hosting site and use the respective URL's to post pics ?

Me thinks so..since pulling (large) image files from peoples machines would bloat the server(s) this site is hosted at.

I tried using this sites Attach Files - but got a security token warning, perhaps because I am new ?

Also, is there an option to pay a fee (here on Bimmerpost/M3post.com) for more premium access ? Like being able to post pictures and videos directly into or within the body of the post ?

I will post as soon as I get 'er figured out

best ideas please ?

Cheers,
Merlin
I use photobucket easy as hell....download image, copy IMG, paste it in the thread - done.
M3-S65 is offline   No_Country
      02-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #18
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello

Drives: 1999 528I

Garage List
welcome and congrats on the new car

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
      02-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #19
BobS
Lieutenant Colonel

Congrats... Sounds like the beginning of another BMW m3 fanatic...welcome

Evolve Supercharged E92 M3
      02-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #20
sunsweet
Captain

Drives: '13 ZCP ED+PCD Only Owner

Welcome Merlin... ! Same here, first BMW and first new ZCP MT M3. Shifting gears and having total control of the clutch makes me feel and enjoy that raw power even more.
      02-25-2014, 12:06 AM   #21
spdy330
Major General

Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
Congrats and welcome!
- 2011.75 E90 M3 - BMW Performance Exhaust, BMW Performance Grills, Lux H8 V3, Reflector delete Euro style, Ceramic Tint 58%, Brembo 380mm BBK, V1 with custom multi-color display by www.Radar-Mirror.com - custom radar mount by www.performancepackage.com.
spdy330 is offline   United_States
      02-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #22
khanhdom
First Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3

welcome and congrats on the car