BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
MonteCarloM3
Banned
 
MonteCarloM3's Avatar
 
Drives: a shitty M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uranus

Posts: 577
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
geez man. Give it up. Do you secretely have an Audi on order?

The R8 is nearly twice the price of an M3...so ya you obviously can't compare the two.

The RS5 is suppoosed to be more expensive then the M3 anyways...so thats just another ridiculous move by Audi!

Certain things in life simply CAN'T be argued with...Like the fact that the M3 is the benchmark in the segment!!!!!!
so for us non-believers, what is the segment to which the M3 dominates?
MonteCarloM3 is offline   Uzbekistan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #24
bunnn
Colonel
 
bunnn's Avatar
 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,253
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
M3 is the standard for AWD sport sedans/coupes?
that is exactly my point, it's like comparing apples and oranges, two different categories. or if you want to compare, i guess we should compare bmw's best 2 door coupe(M3) to audi's best 2 door coupe (R8). but you'll say that's not fair, the R8 is more expensive.
can't have it both ways bub. i know bimmer fans love to compare their m3 to cars they feel are inferior, seems like a common theme.
I remember you from Audizine, so I'm sure you're not favouring either side. It's not fair to compare AWD to RWD cars as you stated, but BMW is not the one that has been pestering other manufacture to compete with the m3(you already agreed to this in another post). I don't really feel like it's we who are always the ones comparing the m3 to others. Comparison goes both ways, I've seen my fair share of RS4 owners post about how they would have "beaten" an m3 silly if the conditions were less than "perfect."

About the R8 vs M3, ignoring straight line testing(because that's all that matters ) ..based on laptimes the R8 isn't that much faster than the M3. It's almost in the same way that the M3 is faster than an RS4/RS5. Having said that, I'd still an RS5 over an m3 if it was my only car - can't beat that all around goodness.
__________________
Cheers
Ben
bunnn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #25
Turborulz
Private
 
Drives: Porsche 996 TT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Much better than yours

You look alot thinner and have a moustache. This Must have been taken quite some time ago since it's a black and white photograph. MY guess is around the same time as the Happy Meal was created, given the smile on your face.
Turborulz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #26
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,677
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborulz View Post
You look alot thinner and have a moustache. This Must have been taken quite some time ago since it's a black and white photograph. MY guess is around the same time as the Happy Meal was created, given the smile on your face.
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #27
peanuboy
Captain
 
peanuboy's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 747
iTrader: (2)

the "allaround car" segment I guess: Motor Trend article

the fact that it does so many things so well, it's a well-balanced DD and performance/track car

it doesn't dominate any one traditional segment, I don't think, but it's the well-rounded personality that it possesses which put a smile on our face everytime we are in the driver seat

let's not make this into a pissing match, the M3 ZCP and the RS5 are both great cars with their respective strengths and weaknesses, the video simply shows the M3 is the superior track car compared to the RS5
__________________
| E93 3 6MT | Alpine White/Fox Red Novillo |
| MDrive | iDrive | Executive | 19" M Double Spoke | Carbon Black | Meisterschaft GT | AFE Magnum |

peanuboy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #28
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,677
iTrader: (0)

If I needed an awd for winter mobility I would probally get the Audi over the M3 but that is not my case so I drive an M.I have never found an Audi that has had the driving dynamics that the M's offer and have never seen one that has been very exciting on the track as our cars are.The RS5 might be a good next car for my wife
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #29
Turborulz
Private
 
Drives: Porsche 996 TT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Magic Words: Happy Meal
Turborulz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #30
MonteCarloM3
Banned
 
MonteCarloM3's Avatar
 
Drives: a shitty M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uranus

Posts: 577
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
If I needed an awd for winter mobility I would probally get the Audi over the M3 but that is not my case so I drive an M.I have never found an Audi that has had the driving dynamics that the M's offer and have never seen one that has been very exciting on the track as our cars are.The RS5 might be a good next car for my wife
perhaps, but i'd probably buy my wife a TT-RS, so when the mood strikes me i can fire up that delightful sounding I5 and give an M3 a run for it's money
MonteCarloM3 is offline   Uzbekistan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #31
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,677
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
perhaps, but i'd probably buy my wife a TT-RS, so when the mood strikes me i can fire up that delightful sounding I5 and give an M3 a run for it's money
Need a proper back seat for my little buddy!




He has done 1400 km days in my wifes E93 335 on our trips to Tennessee so he can some fun with his friends.
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #32
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,677
iTrader: (0)

Amber Heard for those that need to know







Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #33
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
M3 is the standard for AWD sport sedans/coupes?
that is exactly my point, it's like comparing apples and oranges, two different categories. or if you want to compare, i guess we should compare bmw's best 2 door coupe(M3) to audi's best 2 door coupe (R8). but you'll say that's not fair, the R8 is more expensive.
can't have it both ways bub. i know bimmer fans love to compare their m3 to cars they feel are inferior, seems like a common theme.
Who said anything about the M3 being the standard for AWD sports sedan/coupe.
Audi's builds AWD cars, its what they are known for and its what they build their business on. With the introduction of the RS4, S5, RS4... they are building sporty cars that directly compete against the M3. Before I bought my M3 I looked at the RS4 and S5 myself even. I was actually set on getting a RS4 to replace my E46 M3 because i love the styling, and its great for out climate.
But after driving the M3, I decided it was the right choice for me.


Should the C63 not be compared to the M3???? Again, direct competition.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #34
bunnn
Colonel
 
bunnn's Avatar
 
Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,253
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Amber Heard for those that need to know
I had to go google that movie clarkson mentioned in the interview
__________________
Cheers
Ben
bunnn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #35
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
I had to go google that movie clarkson mentioned in the interview
LOL, seen it.
She is def not shy about her body.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #36
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,677
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
LOL, seen it.
She is def not shy about her body.
Sort of like the dream girl,bisexual but likes sex with men and likes musclecars and has a 68 Mustang.I sure do not see anything wrong here
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
shagkie
Captain
 
shagkie's Avatar
 
Drives: a....V8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GTA, Canada

Posts: 628
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
LOL, seen it.
She is def not shy about her body.
didn't know the movie was out. Looks like a cool movie
shagkie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #38
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
so for us non-believers, what is the segment to which the M3 dominates?
Just so you don't think I'm a Audi hater.
Road Atlanta in June with my friends. Modded RS4 and S5. Both great cars.
Attached Images
 
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #39
sharo7390
Private First Class
 
sharo7390's Avatar
 
Drives: Bmw M3 E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Just so you don't think I'm a Audi hater.
Road Atlanta in June with my friends. Modded RS4 and S5. Both great cars.

Love the rims on the white m3
sharo7390 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #40
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
 
M3 vert's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

Posts: 1,793
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
I remember you from Audizine, so I'm sure you're not favouring either side. It's not fair to compare AWD to RWD cars as you stated, but BMW is not the one that has been pestering other manufacture to compete with the m3(you already agreed to this in another post). I don't really feel like it's we who are always the ones comparing the m3 to others. Comparison goes both ways, I've seen my fair share of RS4 owners post about how they would have "beaten" an m3 silly if the conditions were less than "perfect."

About the R8 vs M3, ignoring straight line testing(because that's all that matters ) ..based on laptimes the R8 isn't that much faster than the M3. It's almost in the same way that the M3 is faster than an RS4/RS5. Having said that, I'd still an RS5 over an m3 if it was my only car - can't beat that all around goodness.




and another close one with the r8

__________________
2012 F01 750iX Sport Package (Dinan Stage 4)
2008 E93 6MT M3 Convertible
2003 E66 760Li Individual
M3 vert is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #41
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,677
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post




and another close one with the r8

The M3 is every bit as quick as the V8 R8 on track.I have lapped a fair
bit with a couple at both Mosport GP and Calabogie and the M3 is a little bit quicker on the straights and I was quicker for sure on lap time.A funny story from Calabogie was that I spent almost a full session chasing one down so I could pull a ontrack pass on him and he would just pull off on the lap that I would have caught & passed him.That happened to me 3 different sessions and to Jay also in another session
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #42
Turborulz
Private
 
Drives: Porsche 996 TT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

V8 R8 not impressed, waste of money.
V10 is special, especially with an aftermarket exhaust.
Turborulz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #43
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Silver M3, AM V8V
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborulz View Post
V8 R8 not impressed, waste of money.
V10 is special, especially with an aftermarket exhaust.
I agree - I have to admit though the R8 TDI I saw in Dubai sounded pretty sweet though!
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #44
Turborulz
Private
 
Drives: Porsche 996 TT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I agree - I have to admit though the R8 TDI I saw in Dubai sounded pretty sweet though!
Going back to Dubai, anytime soon??
Turborulz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST