BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #45
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
 
Dre01SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 347
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Congrats on the Vette OP, make sure you respect that car! They are also very responsive to mods I miss my Z, just raw power.

NYC6 - I loved my CCW 505s, great quality wheels!
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Dre01SS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #46
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
 
Chenry135's Avatar
 
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Yeah I have thought about getting the LG's but they dont have the right fitment I want. Guess I'm gonna save up for those ^...
Chenry135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #47
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
 
Dre01SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 347
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
Yeah I have thought about getting the LG's but they dont have the right fitment I want. Guess I'm gonna save up for those ^...
I've been out of the Vette scene for a minute now, but I can tell you CCWs are worth the money. Great fit and finish, while cheaper than similarly designed HREs.

You're in the ATL area - any work done to your Z? I had mine back in '05-'07, sadly it's no longer with us as the new owner totalled it shortly after
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Dre01SS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #48
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
 
Chenry135's Avatar
 
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

I haven't had any work done on mine yet. Only mods are lowering bolts, short shifter, and B&B Bullets. I did all that myself though. I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a head and cam package from Vengeance Racing, but I've heard mixed reviews about them. But I think overall I'm gonna put my money towards rims if I can ever budget for them.
Chenry135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #49
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,870
iTrader: (8)

OP. You are by far the smartest person on this board. You literally got the most car for the money that you could get. No BMW NO Audi No Ford, No Chrysler, even comes close to what you get with an LS3 for around 50k. Sorry but that just cant be argued at all. Dont try. You will just look dumb.

I really wish I would of gone the vette route instead. I could of had an LS3 for right at what I spent for the 135 back in 2009. I think I was suffering from some sort of brain damage at the time.
HPFREAK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #50
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
 
Dre01SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 347
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
I haven't had any work done on mine yet. Only mods are lowering bolts, short shifter, and B&B Bullets. I did all that myself though. I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a head and cam package from Vengeance Racing, but I've heard mixed reviews about them. But I think overall I'm gonna put my money towards rims if I can ever budget for them.
I had a cam from Vengeance put in mine - VR15 (Vindicator) along with springs, rods, pulley. I know Ron & Mike from their GMMG days, and with the tuning Mike had my '01 putting down 440rwhp/410rwtq on stock heads, and I drove that car daily to Atlanta. I also had FLP LTs (Street model), Callaway intake and B&B bullets as well.

I say give them a shot - I sold my Z to Ron, who dropped a new motor in it, re-sold it, and it got wrecked 2 weeks later
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Dre01SS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #51
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Congrats on a great purchase. There are more and more Euro (car) owners giving the Vette a try. Good to see. I've owned two in the past and got another one coming that will end up looking just like this.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by alms211; 02-23-2011 at 06:47 AM.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #52
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
Please ignore my above remarks, I was in a horribly bitter mood yesterday and my anger was directed in the wrong fashion. Something that doesn't happen to me often, but something I am not proud of none the less.

My best friend was a Marine and killed last August, and a member here made a crude remark regarding our armed forces, and then not even an hour later my friends fiance, directly attacked the memory of my friend. Remember, perspective is 9 10ths of the law, and often times when someone is angry it is due to something else. Again I apologize for my remarks, and the way I came across.

I do somewhat stand by what I said however, I really meant it to not be so brazen. I only meant congradulations, but was just curious as to if your dad had bought it for you. There certainly is no problem if he did, as I said above (but in a manner that does not reflect how I would normally act) I would love to be able to have someone else buy me a car, and I would most certainly brag about it. I definitely meant no ill-will, just misdirected anger and frustration.

Again, that is truly a sweet car, one that you will enjoy for a long time to come. Just be sure you enjoy it on the track, where it was meant to be fully enjoyed!

I'm not going to read the comments regarding my posts, as again, it came across completely wrong and after sleeping on it I cannot believe my own reaction. Again, this is not the way I would normally handle things or act towards another person.
Hey man, forget this. I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how I would feel if I lose a close friend of mine.

So its all cool and thanks for the good wishes.
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #53
Augenbrauezug
Captain
 
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

Posts: 657
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Hey man, forget this. I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how I would feel if I lose a close friend of mine.

So its all cool and thanks for the good wishes.


Subscribed so we can see some shots of you flying around a track! Your gunna track this beast right? Right?!?!
Augenbrauezug is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #54
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
That was directed at the guy that was giving you a hard time.
Hey man, my bad....thanks but that guy ain't bad man



Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
D...wipe?

Unhappy childhood? That's some Dr. Phil action right there.

You said he bought it for you right there in plain sight for everyone to read.

This place is still a trip.

Congrats!
Hey man, as I said before but not clearly.....I could only afford a Camaro SS on my money. That was around $ 17000 (17K=AED 60K) cheaper then the Vette.
So technically yeh your right, my old man has paid upto 20-25% of the car which I will return it to him with full interest. I couldn't refuse a offer from him which involved such a low interest rate.
Actually, he's a saint and he is not charging me any interest but I'll return the money to him within a year or so as I wouldn't be able to feel that the car is my own.
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #55
Augenbrauezug
Captain
 
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

Posts: 657
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Hey man, my bad....thanks but that guy ain't bad man





Hey man, as I said before but not clearly.....I could only afford a Camaro SS on my money. That was around $ 17000 (17K=AED 60K) cheaper then the Vette.
So technically yeh your right, my old man has paid upto 20-25% of the car which I will return it to him with full interest. I couldn't refuse a offer from him which involved such a low interest rate.
Actually, he's a saint and he is not charging me any interest but I'll return the money to him within a year or so as I wouldn't be able to feel that the car is my own.
Very cool that your dad will help you this, and even cooler that you take initiative to pay him back, with or without interest.

Oh and I think he was calling ME a D wipe. Ya ya, I had it coming. As I said before, just misguided anger due to some things that were going on.
Augenbrauezug is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #56
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post


Subscribed so we can see some shots of you flying around a track! Your gunna track this beast right? Right?!?!
Apparently, the track nearest to my home has a strict clause of not providing insurance to private owners. I think it's the only track in the country I reside in (United Arab Emirates). Its called Autodrome Dubai.

But I do want to test a corvette on a track. I will be able to fulfil my wish by going to those track day events where you get to drive cars provided to you and I hope there is a corvette available as well .
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #57
Augenbrauezug
Captain
 
Augenbrauezug's Avatar
 
Drives: mk6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton

Posts: 657
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Apparently, the track nearest to my home has a strict clause of not providing insurance to private owners. I think it's the only track in the country I reside in (United Arab Emirates). Its called Autodrome Dubai.

But I do want to test a corvette on a track. I will be able to fulfil my wish by going to those track day events where you get to drive cars provided to you and I hope there is a corvette available as well .
What if it isn't a timed event? Driving schools in the US are still covered under insurance because the event isn't timed and therefore isn't a 'competition'. You'll learn a ton about your car if your able to drive it, or a similar one on a track, and you;ll feel much more comfortable in real world scenarios.
Augenbrauezug is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #58
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
 
DASHOCKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,850
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to DASHOCKER
Nice pick up! The Vette is so much fun to drive. It feels like a German.
__________________
2007 335 coupe Alpine white, steptronic, sportpack, etc. (gone)
2006 X3 3.0 steptronic Titanium Silver, 2009 E92 335xdrive, next.... Caddy CTS_V! 13 Lincoln MKZ? hmmm.
DASHOCKER is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #59
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
 
Dre01SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 347
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
What if it isn't a timed event? Driving schools in the US are still covered under insurance because the event isn't timed and therefore isn't a 'competition'. You'll learn a ton about your car if your able to drive it, or a similar one on a track, and you;ll feel much more comfortable in real world scenarios.
Hmmm insurance companies always look for a way to get you. You can always get a track-only policy as a supplement to your regular coverage via a 3rd party company. To be on the safe side I'd just hit up www.springmountainmotorsports.com

All the track hooning you want, on someone else's Vette - GS/Z06/ZR1
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Dre01SS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #60
NYC6
Banned
 
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LI/NY

Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Congrats on a great purchase. There are more and more Euro (car) owners giving the Vette a try. Good to see. I've owned two in the past and got another one coming that will end up looking just like this.
Is it on order? When do you take possession?
NYC6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #61
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
Is it on order? When do you take possession?
Formally placing the order on Saturday (assuming I don't change my mind on the color again)...they are quoting 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Last edited by alms211; 02-24-2011 at 06:39 AM.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #62
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
What if it isn't a timed event? Driving schools in the US are still covered under insurance because the event isn't timed and therefore isn't a 'competition'. You'll learn a ton about your car if your able to drive it, or a similar one on a track, and you;ll feel much more comfortable in real world scenarios.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
Hmmm insurance companies always look for a way to get you. You can always get a track-only policy as a supplement to your regular coverage via a 3rd party company. To be on the safe side I'd just hit up www.springmountainmotorsports.com

All the track hooning you want, on someone else's Vette - GS/Z06/ZR1
I have looked into it and the insurance offered over here are really expensive $$$$$$$$$$.
I guess Dre01SS is right and the only way I'll be able to drive without fear is by driving a corvette provided by them.

BTW DRE01SS...what does your nick stand for??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
Nice pick up! The Vette is so much fun to drive. It feels like a German.
Thanks man. I saw your sig. CTS-V is a beast. Hope you have fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Congrats on a great purchase. There are more and more Euro (car) owners giving the Vette a try. Good to see. I've owned two in the past and got another one coming that will end up looking just like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Formally placing the order on Saturday (assuming I don't change my mind on the color again)...they are quoting 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Hope you enjoy your upcoming ZO6 .
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #63
fwmcb
Major
 
fwmcb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 X3 28i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NB

Posts: 1,093
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
Congrats on the corvette they are amazing cars! I almost purchased one last summer
fwmcb is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #64
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
 
Dre01SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 347
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
I have looked into it and the insurance offered over here are really expensive $$$$$$$$$$.
I guess Dre01SS is right and the only way I'll be able to drive without fear is by driving a corvette provided by them.

BTW DRE01SS...what does your nick stand for??
I haven't done Spring Mountain yet, but it's on the to-do list. Hoping to do Skip Barber @ Road A this year.

As for 'Dre01SS' - Nickname is 'Dre', and back in the day I bought a new '01 Camaro SS that I built up, so that was my SN for LS1Tech and just stuck with it since then, across all forums.
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Dre01SS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2011, 05:12 AM   #65
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
I haven't done Spring Mountain yet, but it's on the to-do list. Hoping to do Skip Barber @ Road A this year.

As for 'Dre01SS' - Nickname is 'Dre', and back in the day I bought a new '01 Camaro SS that I built up, so that was my SN for LS1Tech and just stuck with it since then, across all forums.
Nice....hope you get to enjoy Spring Mountain.

Lol....I knew that the SS was associated with some sort of Camaro. That must have been one bad A$$ ride.
Anyway, I assume you bought your 335i because of the luxury, better interior and german built quality but do you miss the torque?? Or have just chipped it ........ .

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your car for many yrs to come.
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #66
Dre01SS
First Lieutenant
 
Dre01SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 347
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Nice....hope you get to enjoy Spring Mountain.

Lol....I knew that the SS was associated with some sort of Camaro. That must have been one bad A$$ ride.
Anyway, I assume you bought your 335i because of the luxury, better interior and german built quality but do you miss the torque?? Or have just chipped it ........ .

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your car for many yrs to come.
It was a fun ride, yeah. I had it cammed out, dumped true-duals, 315s out the back. Sold it to get the Z06.

The Vette was raw as well, but I sold it because I was so busy at the time, I really wasn't getting to enjoy the car, and wanted to get back into road-racing (motorcycle). The Vette became a SUV & Streetbike.

Later on, sold the SUV and got the 335. Kept it for a little over a year, but sold it because of a business I'm starting right now.

The 335 had all the bells and whistles, and it was easier to push than the Vette. On the other hand, the Z06 was just raw power/performance, and in the end, more fun overall - I miss the Z more than any of them.

You're in good hands with the C6
__________________
"Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything"
Current: 2007 Corvette Z06 (DD/HPDE)
Past: 2012 MazdaSpeed 3, 2007 BMW 335i E92 - 2001 Corvette Z06 - 2001 Camaro SS - 2007 CBR 600RR - 2003 CBR 600RR Racebike - 2001 CBR F4i
Dre01SS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST