BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Otacon132
Private
0
Rep
85
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

M3 vs....Honda

I was making a right onto a main street to get on the highway. As i am waiting for traffic to turn i see a civic pass by and rev, first thing i think is...idiot rice bucket.

He was going the same way i was and at 65mph cruise control. The guy gets next to me taunting, and i say why not - i match his speed, 40mph roll, 3 honks......

2nd revs up, 3rd pulls through.......i shift 4th and not even 2k rpms through the band i let off, by this time i was totally just anihilated by a civic, by 2 car lengths.

He gets off on the same exit, at the light im like: "nice bro, not bad at all". He said he just left the dyno and was boosting 16lb making 460hp (idk about 460hp - but it was definitely up there)

I guess anything can go fast with the right money =P

Discuss
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Alex@Autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Alex@Autocouture's Avatar
74
Rep
3,671
Posts


 
Drives: E30 M3, E92 Frozen GTS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ny

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 BMW M3  [3.83]
2011 bmw/ m3  [0.00]
My 2 buddy's have 2 home built civics running turbo setups, there fast, light Honda plus turbo equals fast, but it's still a honda
__________________
AUTOcouture Motoring | 15-01 Pollitt Drive St. 6, Fair Lawn NJ 07410
201.666.3500 | Alex@autocouturemotoring.com
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
82
Rep
3,500
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
That's why I always say comparing a stock car to a modded car is dumb. ANY car can be modded to be silly fast so when guys say you can tune a 335, S4 or whatever to be faster than an M3, my response is always... yes you can, so what, you can also make a Civic faster too.
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
scheherazade
Major
17
Rep
1,467
Posts

 
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DC metro area

iTrader: (8)

A nice setup is :
* s2000 ($8k used)
* turbo kit with 420 whp (dyno dynamics conservative dyno, reads lower than mustang) ($8K installed)

For 16k you've got a great little toy that's simply a hoot.
Perfect for enjoying some nice weather on a winding road.

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
SUB-ZERO's Avatar
26
Rep
1,562
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 997TT Arctic Silver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

I used to smoke P-cars in my Yugo back in the day...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
mike33176
Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via ICQ to mike33176
M3 vs boosted S2000

My friends S2000 with a BIG turbo vs my friends stock M3 and then a few runs vs my M3. On my first run, I hit the limiter, the others were close. Fun Stuff. That S2000 is fast!

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
termigni
Lieutenant
termigni's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
583
Posts

 
Drives: S2000, X5, 528xi, E92
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Somebody in their E92 M3 did a Fly-By me once. It's not the brand of the car, it's the driver.

I was on Rt17 South (NJ) cruising at speed limit in my S2000. I noticed some bright lights come up real fast, downshifts really nicely next to me(must been a DCT, such a perfect blip), and flys by me like he got something to show. It was such a nice M3, hooked up, Black, dropped, aftermarket exhaust, etc... but why? we all know my S2000(stock) is not a match...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
EXACTLY... every single car owner will do it...

you can have a M3, ferrari, lambo you will get one or 2 that just want to show and think they have skils... (MOSTLY KIDS) OR (GROWN UP IN THERE MIDLIFE CRISIS)

Funny i had several cars that REVS, next to my car... here's one scenario

Driving on the 60fwy going towards POMONA CA.

GUY: broom broom (at this point hes on my side looking at me waving saying lets go...

ME: OK BITCH lets see what you got... (at this point he was too busy to try to race me) he didnt realized that i saw a Sheriff on the way to the left side hiding....

GUY: 3 honks

ME: down shift

GUY: press the HONK 3 times and BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

THEN i laugh so hard... he like hahahah i beat you...

then sheriff goes siren............... BITCH GOT BUSTED....

i only did this cause i saw the cop in the first place...

I usually dont even bother to look at the side and just let them go if they wan to race...

i dont give them the pleasure of saying YEA I RACED A M3 and talk shit about whatever...

SO IF YOU SEE A RED M3 IN LOS ANGELES OR ORANGE COUNTY WITH BLACK WHEELS DONT RACE ME CAUSE I WONT DO ANYTHING...

OH JUST PLEASE DONT TAIL GATE... SHIT PISSES ME OFF...



Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
Somebody in their E92 M3 did a Fly-By me once. It's not the brand of the car, it's the driver.

I was on Rt17 South (NJ) cruising at speed limit in my S2000. I noticed some bright lights come up real fast, downshifts really nicely next to me(must been a DCT, such a perfect blip), and flys by me like he got something to show. It was such a nice M3, hooked up, Black, dropped, aftermarket exhaust, etc... but why? we all know my S2000(stock) is not a match...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
mot
Banned
United_States
11
Rep
941
Posts

 
Drives: e92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
My friends S2000 with a BIG turbo vs my friends stock M3 and then a few runs vs my M3. On my first run, I hit the limiter, the others were close. Fun Stuff. That S2000 is fast!

nice video.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
Onurleft
Captain
Onurleft's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: RPM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Baton Rouge and Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Here's one of my good buddies K20 catch, one of the cleanest swaps period vs. HIS E92 M3 DCT

__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
mike33176
Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via ICQ to mike33176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
nice video.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,796
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

iTrader: (3)

I applaud people who work on their cars themselves and modify them to go faster, on a budget. No need to snicker at hopped up Hondas just because you have the means to buy or lease a late model BMW. I like hotrodders.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
Leonardo629
Major
United_States
13
Rep
1,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Walnut, CA

iTrader: (9)

I will always have a Honda and a BMW in my garage....my two fav car makers...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Love it bro... Im with u


Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I applaud people who work on their cars themselves and modify them to go faster, on a budget. No need to snicker at hopped up Hondas just because you have the means to buy or lease a late model BMW. I like hotrodders.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #15
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Same here i have a fit S, crz and the van and my garage queen M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
I will always have a Honda and a BMW in my garage....my two fav car makers...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
334
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
EXACTLY... every single car owner will do it...

you can have a M3, ferrari, lambo you will get one or 2 that just want to show and think they have skils... (MOSTLY KIDS) OR (GROWN UP IN THERE MIDLIFE CRISIS)

Funny i had several cars that REVS, next to my car... here's one scenario

Driving on the 60fwy going towards POMONA CA.

GUY: broom broom (at this point hes on my side looking at me waving saying lets go...

ME: OK BITCH lets see what you got... (at this point he was too busy to try to race me) he didnt realized that i saw a Sheriff on the way to the left side hiding....

GUY: 3 honks

ME: down shift

GUY: press the HONK 3 times and BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

THEN i laugh so hard... he like hahahah i beat you...

then sheriff goes siren............... BITCH GOT BUSTED....

i only did this cause i saw the cop in the first place...

I usually dont even bother to look at the side and just let them go if they wan to race...

i dont give them the pleasure of saying YEA I RACED A M3 and talk shit about whatever...

SO IF YOU SEE A RED M3 IN LOS ANGELES OR ORANGE COUNTY WITH BLACK WHEELS DONT RACE ME CAUSE I WONT DO ANYTHING...

OH JUST PLEASE DONT TAIL GATE... SHIT PISSES ME OFF...
This was painful to read.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #17
brava09
Captain
brava09's Avatar
12
Rep
724
Posts

 
Drives: '11 Audi RS5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Honda S2000 is a very good car...If I couldn't afford a M3, probably a S2000 with a turbo kit would have been just as good.

I wonder how reliable is a S2000 with a turbo kit though
__________________
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #18
z00m
Second Lieutenant
z00m's Avatar
8
Rep
229
Posts

 
Drives: E92 m3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lithuania,Vilnius

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
My friends S2000 with a BIG turbo vs my friends stock M3 and then a few runs vs my M3. On my first run, I hit the limiter, the others were close. Fun Stuff. That S2000 is fast!

you call it close? S2000 raped you
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
31
Rep
1,211
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00m View Post
you call it close? S2000 raped you
x 2

Though, it was close with the HFC exhaust M3 and it beat the turbo S2000 2 - 1.
__________________
""A great sounding, responsive, high-revving, naturally aspirated engine is part of the DNA of a thoroughbred sports car. No two ways about it."

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #20
ss134
Brigadier General
ss134's Avatar
United Kingdom
68
Rep
3,796
Posts

 
Drives: ...a hard bargain...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

iTrader: (1)

Put a supercharger on the M3 and you can run with most supercars - i would still rather be driving a Ferrari or Pagani home though.
__________________
2014 AW F80 M3 DCT
2011 AW E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2010 JZB E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
mike33176
Lieutenant
United_States
11
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via ICQ to mike33176
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00m View Post
you call it close? S2000 raped you
Raped? What video are you watching? My car is the Jerez Black Sedan.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #22
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
118
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
That's why I always say comparing a stock car to a modded car is dumb. ANY car can be modded to be silly fast so when guys say you can tune a 335, S4 or whatever to be faster than an M3, my response is always... yes you can, so what, you can also make a Civic faster too.
+1 yeah, what's the point?

There's a Chevy Cobolt that runs on Bonneville Salt Flats at 200 mph, and it's faster than and Enzo. lol

http://www.gmenthusiast.com/gallery/...bonneville.php
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST