BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

PYSPEED

02-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #23
shamoo
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 M3

I've had the Fabspeed resonated xpipe w/Fabspeed high flow cats now for almost 8-9K miles and I'm using the supplied O2 extenders. Driven in temperatures ranging from 10F to 90F at loads from a track day to normal day-to-day driving and the CEL has not come on at all. I have a Powerchip stage I tune (which does NOT remove the CEL, stage II does).

Everyone keeps saying it will come on eventually, but I doubt it at this point.
      02-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #24
TRY...M3
Major

Drives: Depends on the day

I hope you do not get the check engine light, I'm speaking from experience. It was a real pain in the ass. My car wouldn't rev passed 2k and it wouldn't go passed 10 mph. I had to have it towed to a garage. :/
Lamborghini-Talk.com: Christian.
TRY...M3 is offline   United_States
      02-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #25
jimmy ny
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 bmw m3

Dinan assured me that it will pass. If not they said that the dealer will flash to stock,inspect then re0flash for free. is this true?
      02-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #26
Ben335
Captain

Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
I've had the Fabspeed resonated xpipe w/Fabspeed high flow cats now for almost 8-9K miles and I'm using the supplied O2 extenders. Driven in temperatures ranging from 10F to 90F at loads from a track day to normal day-to-day driving and the CEL has not come on at all. I have a Powerchip stage I tune (which does NOT remove the CEL, stage II does).

Everyone keeps saying it will come on eventually, but I doubt it at this point.
Make sure your CEL is still working. Powerchip had some problems and were turning off the CEL completely on cars regardless of wether it was stage I or II. Quick test, when you start your car the SES light should come one for 1-2 seconds, then turn off. If you don't see the SES light, then your SES light is off.
      02-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #27
J08M3
Major General

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRY...M3 View Post
I hope you do not get the check engine light, I'm speaking from experience. It was a real pain in the ass. My car wouldn't rev passed 2k and it wouldn't go passed 10 mph. I had to have it towed to a garage. :/
This does not happen if the CEL is from the rear 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy ny View Post
Dinan assured me that it will pass. If not they said that the dealer will flash to stock,inspect then re0flash for free. is this true?
Sounds false to me. Especially since it would take hours of time to complete this operation.
      02-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #28
shamoo
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
Make sure your CEL is still working. Powerchip had some problems and were turning off the CEL completely on cars regardless of wether it was stage I or II. Quick test, when you start your car the SES light should come one for 1-2 seconds, then turn off. If you don't see the SES light, then your SES light is off.
I will check tomorrow morning when I leave for work, but I am able to see the CELs for other "alerts" when I scroll through the menus. Does that count? In any case, I'll take a look.

When I did bring up that concern with Powerchip, they did confirm that a prior employee used to do that, but they are no longer employed. Something about how someone from Powerchip left the company to make his own company or something and "hacking" the flash to just turn off the light. I'm not exactly sure, I don't remember. Maybe someone from Powerchip can chime in.
      02-16-2011, 12:38 AM   #29
kitw
Colonel

Drives: 2015 MW M3/2014 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy ny View Post
Pass smog? only if your state doesn't require OBD-2 readiness checks to complete. they apparently won't.