BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

GTB Performance

02-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #23
yoyeewee
Major

Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe

Garage List
The big rig truck driver coughing out black diesel smoke was classic!
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
yoyeewee is offline   United_States
      02-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #24
Tio///M
///M South Lead

Drives: Jerez Blk / Fox Red Ext

Send a message via MSN to Tio///M Send a message via Yahoo to Tio///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92hobear View Post
Just about every God loving 'merican that lives in this great nation, unless you're the CEO of a corporation that depends on exploited outsource labor to widen company profit margins. I think the X3 ad has many strong selling points, and would change the minds of someone buying a domestic luxury SUV to buying a domestically built euro SUV of better build quality.

I do agree that the ads were a bit understated, but that's exactly what BMW stands for. It's called integrity, and is something to be respected (not like those brand bashing audi and infiniti commercials). BMW doesn't need gimmicks, humor, or demeaning messages in their ads. they let their cars speak for themselves, and utilized super-bowl spots purely for awareness.

Nicely said!

MFlight!! .......NOW
///M SOUTH
on Facebook!!
FOR SALE!!
Tio///M is offline   United_States
      02-07-2011, 02:20 AM   #25
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned

Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:
Just about every God loving 'merican that lives in this great nation, unless you're the CEO of a corporation that depends on exploited outsource labor to widen company profit margins. I think the X3 ad has many strong selling points, and would change the minds of someone buying a domestic luxury SUV to buying a domestically built euro SUV of better build quality.

I do agree that the ads were a bit understated, but that's exactly what BMW stands for. It's called integrity, and is something to be respected (not like those brand bashing audi and infiniti commercials). BMW doesn't need gimmicks, humor, or demeaning messages in their ads. they let their cars speak for themselves, and utilized super-bowl spots purely for awareness.

Can I get an amen?
      02-07-2011, 03:14 AM   #26
07E92TT
Major

Drives: 08 C63

I really like the mercedes commercial. And i really want the new C-class coupe. Just sayin.
      02-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #27
keanu1
tiamat

Drives: 525 d

Quote:

Come on!! the adds are terrible!!! Bmw did bash audi and mercedes in a few commercials in the past so i don't think is all about integrity here! and with the slogan 'joy is bmw' BMW has left it's roots!!
When you say 'ultimate driving machine' you think of something serios , but with 'joy is bmw' ,i'm thinking little boy cars.
keanu1 is offline   Romania
      02-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #28
M3_WC
Colonel

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBolo View Post
I really think these commercials lacked creativity.. I really liked Audi's...
+1

Next years BMW superbowl ads will be about their new front-wheel-drive models. Woohoo.....ummm NO!
      02-07-2011, 03:52 AM   #29
e92hobear
Lieutenant

Drives: Dacia Sandero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
Come on!! the adds are terrible!!! Bmw did bash audi and mercedes in a few commercials in the past so i don't think is all about integrity here! and with the slogan 'joy is bmw' BMW has left it's roots!!
When you say 'ultimate driving machine' you think of something serios , but with 'joy is bmw' ,i'm thinking little boy cars.
you don't find joy in driving your bmw? you should've bought a porsche then lol
      02-07-2011, 05:02 AM   #30
Yogijet
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
Can I get an amen?
Amen!!!

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Yogijet is offline   British Virgin Islands
      02-07-2011, 05:06 AM   #31
Yogijet
Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

Very much looking forward to the diesel X3. Saw an X3 (RHD) for the first time last week. Spectacular! Have no concerns whatsoever about it being built or designed in America. Smart move on BMW's part, both economically and marketing-wise, and it's still a BMW.

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Yogijet is offline   British Virgin Islands
      02-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #32
SCOTT26
Brigadier General

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

It could have been worse.... We could have brought Kenny G......oh wait!
      02-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #33
Drivaar
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW

WHY oh why did they not put the MPG numbers for the diesel also in the ad??? Missed a golden opportunity there to educate people...
      02-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #34
keanu1
tiamat

Drives: 525 d

Quote:
you don't find joy in driving your bmw? you should've bought a porsche then lol
Joy i can find even in a cup of hot chocolate, but ultimate diving machine was only one car ...BMW
Now if you own a bmw you jump from your roof into your car with a big smile on your lips !! lol
keanu1 is offline   Romania
      02-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #35
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 W212 AMG S, '12 958 S

Send a message via AIM to a burrito
I hope they make that new X3 in Diesel soon! I like my sedans and sports cars fast but I like my SUV's Torquey, efficient, and capable.. Two out of three things that the X3 can become.

AD08. Akra. Huper Optik. KW V3. Macht Schnell. RE SSK. TMS.
a burrito is offline   United_States
      02-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #36
e46e92love
Brigadier General

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
I liked both ads and had family members who know I am obsessed with cars and BMW, asking me about the X3 and what car the blue one in the diesel commercial was. Then they began asking other questions about what makes their diesels so great.

So, the commercials worked Nice job BMW.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
e46e92love is offline   United_States
      02-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #37
aznclickster
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 ///M

Garage List
2011.5 E92 M3  [0.00]
was surprised to see BMW advertise during the Superbowl
      02-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #38
Erhan
Colonel

Drives: Cooper S

I'm sorry, but I'm mad at BMW for not bringing their more economical smaller diesel engines. Who needs 335d? Bring us 320d...
      02-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #39
V1.47fan
Major

Drives: Bay M Vee

The VW ad was really cute,liked it the most.
      02-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #40
Brosef
Colonel

Drives: 2011 M

I think the ad undersells the awesome performance of the 335d motors. they are fantastic engines, and I'd love to have one.
Brosef is online now   United_States
      02-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #41
jeffnnj
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 E93 M3

At the X3 launch in Spartanburg they played a video for us of the vehicle ripping around the test track, then the highway and in the end, it swerved off the road and tore ass across a rocky field. All of this was set to AC/DC's "It's A Long Way To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll." It was awesome. It reminded me of some of the older Mercedes commercials where they showed their car whipping around a track and smoking its tires. Without words it conveyed the essense of the truck and was able to stir emotion. That's where they should be headed commercialwise. The F10 ads were a joke and the one of the X3 with the snowboarder wasn't much better.
2002 M3 Convertible Titanium Silver/Black(retired)
1998 328i Convertible Arctic Silver/Gray(retired)
jeffnnj is offline   United_States
      02-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #42
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General

Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm mad at BMW for not bringing their more economical smaller diesel engines. Who needs 335d? Bring us 320d...
I asked this of Larry Koch, the former M brand manager, and he advises that the reason they did not bring in more diesel models is because they need to pay for testing for each configuration of motor. So BMW NA picked a motor that can go in the 3 series, 5 series, and the X3/X5 models.... I can see that strategy initially, since they probably had a lot of concerns about diesels still being a sales flop in the US but the diesel motors have been good sellers from what I have heard. Hopefully in the next generation of vehicles we will see the smaller diesel motors like a 320/120/X1 model as well.

is this the first clean diesel commerical from BMW? The 335d has been available for a couple of years now.
      02-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #43
Zulu Saffa

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coni View Post
Maybe not informative for you, but there is still a massive amount of misinformation spread by people who only know diesels of old. Just look at the state of diesel in America today. I think BMW clearly showed the old stigma, and the truth.
+1. USA is years behind the rest of the world when it comes to diesel. Still a bad stigma here with diesel, kinda like Alpha Romeo's being unreliable...oh wait, they still are!
      02-08-2011, 02:50 AM   #44
CominAtYaBich
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 M3

when you compare entire lines, there is no comparison. BMW is terrific across the board. I loved my other bmw cars, although not as much as my m