BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #89
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
10

 
Drives: See my Sig
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
I spoke to a sales guy at one of my local dealers and they said that there will be no further editions of the E92 or E93. What is available currently as the MY2011 is what will be available until the F3X debuts.
This was shocking to me simply because the competition MB and Audi are releasing completely new versions of their cars (C63 AMG coupe and RS5)...could BMW really just sit back and offer nothing to those of us that are looking to buy the last edition V8's and perhaps take away some unique features while we are at it?

Any thoughts on what I heard...is this just a sales guy trying to get me to buy now vs. waiting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
SamS that is very interesting, I spoke to BMWNA yesterday who said they are not giving any details on the 2012 at this time and they cannot confirm that their will be a MY2012. Would you be able to share who you contacted at BMWNA and how you were able to order a MY2012? I am interested in doing this myself asap.
Hey Brad... thanks for your posts, bro. Question... I'm a little confused... first post I quoted from you I interpreted to be talking about "special edition M3s" and how there won't be any more for the U.S. at this time. 2nd post I interpreted to mean there is no MY2012 M3... am I correct in my interpretation here?

I'm ordering an E92 M3 in a few months so it may be 2011 or 2012 depending on when I order (earliest in August with either an August, September or October build depending on how long a wait it will be). Everyone I've spoken with at BMW have all indicated that the E92 M3 will continue into MY2012.
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #90
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
10

 
Drives: See my Sig
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isakhnov View Post
Interesting, I just ordered mine yesterday and it is 11 model. After I ordered I hd a chat with the guy at the dealership and October is supposed to be the last production month, at least for e90 M3. I got exactly the same data from the other dealership I was talking to today.
Cool... I initially heard that July was going to be the last production month for E90 M3... glad it was extended a few months into October. That means I'll still have a choice in getting the E90 instead of E92 M3 if I place my order in August or September.
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #91
elp_jc
Brigadier General
United_States
79

 
Drives: .
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .


Posts: 4,910
iTrader: (0)

First, if '08 was any indication, the last day of production was Jun 11, so we're a few days away from the cut-off date.

It's extremely rare for any car company to do any changes on the last year, for obvious reasons. New cars are coming out all the time. When the new M3 debuts, Mercedes and Audi won't be changing their models; it's just the way it is. Good day.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #92
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Hey Navin323i, sorry if I confused you at all. Really what is prompting my research is I would like to get the last production MY of the E9X V8 M3. I know that there will not be any major changes in the M3 until the new E3X version debuts in the next few years. However I am trying to find out whether there will be any MY2012 changes beyond what we have seen in the 2011's. For example if they are going to release new and unique colors for exterior or interior or if they would perhaps offer something like the competition package we saw arrive in the last year that was not available in the 08-10 models.
If there is nothing exciting to wait for in the coming 2-4 months I will order now but if they may be something fun by end of summer I would be willing to wait.

I understand sales and know that dealers may be telling me that there is nothing coming down the pipe soon in order to move product on the floor however I would be ordering a custom build regardless so I hope they would give better info knowing that.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #93
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
10

 
Drives: See my Sig
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
Hey Navin323i, sorry if I confused you at all. Really what is prompting my research is I would like to get the last production MY of the E9X V8 M3. I know that there will not be any major changes in the M3 until the new E3X version debuts in the next few years. However I am trying to find out whether there will be any MY2012 changes beyond what we have seen in the 2011's. For example if they are going to release new and unique colors for exterior or interior or if they would perhaps offer something like the competition package we saw arrive in the last year that was not available in the 08-10 models.
If there is nothing exciting to wait for in the coming 2-4 months I will order now but if they may be something fun by end of summer I would be willing to wait.

I understand sales and know that dealers may be telling me that there is nothing coming down the pipe soon in order to move product on the floor however I would be ordering a custom build regardless so I hope they would give better info knowing that.
Hey Brad... no apologies necessary, my friend. Everything you stated here I actually understood the first time, the only part that confused me was whether you were talking about "no special edition M3" or "no MY2012 M3 period"... 2 different things altogether.

I was told by my BMW rep that in June we should find out about a special edition M3 for the U.S. and that come October (or whenever that cut off date is for 2011 vs 2012) we'll have a 2012 E92 M3 with not much difference compared with features on the 2011 M3... I guess at this point only time will tell.

Which M3 will you be ordering... E90, E92, or E93?

I'm about 99.99% sure I'll order a Melbourne Red E92 M3. .01 % that I MIGHT do E90 M3, but I've driven sedans my whole life and want something different this time around even though I have a 6 year old daughter and 17 month old daughter, lol. Will get good exercise getting them in and out of the backseat of the E92 M3.
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #94
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
SamS that is very interesting, I spoke to BMWNA yesterday who said they are not giving any details on the 2012 at this time and they cannot confirm that their will be a MY2012. Would you be able to share who you contacted at BMWNA and how you were able to order a MY2012? I am interested in doing this myself asap.
The head of BMW M NA has explicitly said there are two more model years for the E92 M3. It's not even up for debate if we're getting a MY2012! Do a search for the interview Matt Russell gave when they did the press drives for the 1M in NJ last month....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
Classic Sales 101. Don't disclose what is coming tomorrow when you have product to sell today. You won't hear about any differences if any until the very last minute. Meanwhile, dealers can scare you in buying right now.
EXACTLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Cool... I initially heard that July was going to be the last production month for E90 M3... glad it was extended a few months into October. That means I'll still have a choice in getting the E90 instead of E92 M3 if I place my order in August or September.
I dunno if I'd wait until Aug/Sept for an E90. I haven't seen an official EOP for the E90, but lots of people are saying July. You might not want to risk it.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #95
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Hey Brad... no apologies necessary, my friend. Everything you stated here I actually understood the first time, the only part that confused me was whether you were talking about "no special edition M3" or "no MY2012 M3 period"... 2 different things altogether.

I was told by my BMW rep that in June we should find out about a special edition M3 for the U.S. and that come October (or whenever that cut off date is for 2011 vs 2012) we'll have a 2012 E92 M3 with not much difference compared with features on the 2011 M3... I guess at this point only time will tell.

Which M3 will you be ordering... E90, E92, or E93?

I'm about 99.99% sure I'll order a Melbourne Red E92 M3. .01 % that I MIGHT do E90 M3, but I've driven sedans my whole life and want something different this time around even though I have a 6 year old daughter and 17 month old daughter, lol. Will get good exercise getting them in and out of the backseat of the E92 M3.
I am going to order the E92 M3, Alpine White with carbon trim. I am 99% sure I am going with the fox red/black/black interior but may go with all black? Thoughts?

I say go with the coupe...if you have had sedans your whole life change it up. I have had SUV's most of my life except for a '99 Mustang Cobra in High School...other than that the only speed I have is on two wheels (CBR 1000RR) so I am changing things up with this coupe myself...although I would think about the fact that they are not expected to make a sedan in the F3X model so you may have the last M3 sedan which would be cool
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #96
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
The head of BMW M NA has explicitly said there are two more model years for the E92 M3. It's not even up for debate if we're getting a MY2012! Do a search for the interview Matt Russell gave when they did the press drives for the 1M in NJ last month....



EXACTLY.



I dunno if I'd wait until Aug/Sept for an E90. I haven't seen an official EOP for the E90, but lots of people are saying July. You might not want to risk it.
Thanks SamS, I am happy to hear this as I have been holding out for special editions or a MY2012 and would be upset to know I could have gotten a 2011 months ago and not have missed out on anything. I hope we hear soon and I hope BMW has something fun and exciting in store for a last horah for the V8!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #97
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
10

 
Drives: See my Sig
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
I am going to order the E92 M3, Alpine White with carbon trim. I am 99% sure I am going with the fox red/black/black interior but may go with all black? Thoughts?

I say go with the coupe...if you have had sedans your whole life change it up. I have had SUV's most of my life except for a '99 Mustang Cobra in High School...other than that the only speed I have is on two wheels (CBR 1000RR) so I am changing things up with this coupe myself...although I would think about the fact that they are not expected to make a sedan in the F3X model so you may have the last M3 sedan which would be cool
Haha... funny you mentioned those 2 particular interior colors because I'm doing the SAME thing... fox red/black/black. Initially thought I'd go all black because FR and MR are 2 different shades of red that appear to clash in pics I've seen of them together, however the shades of red have grown on me and appear to compliment each other nicely, so 2 tone red/black interior it will be for me.

Plus, my current BMW and soon-to-have M3 will be used in my heart awareness efforts (current 323i due to the carbon fiber inspired by my partly mechanical heart made of carbon fiber (I've survived 5 life threatening open heart surgeries), and the M3 because of the red color... red being symbolic of the heart, plus I plan on doing some carbon fiber modding on that car too).
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #98
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Haha... funny you mentioned those 2 particular interior colors because I'm doing the SAME thing... fox red/black/black. Initially thought I'd go all black because FR and MR are 2 different shades of red that appear to clash in pics I've seen of them together, however the shades of red have grown on me and appear to compliment each other nicely, so 2 tone red/black interior it will be for me.

Plus, my current BMW and soon-to-have M3 will be used in my heart awareness efforts (current 323i due to the carbon fiber inspired by my partly mechanical heart made of carbon fiber (I've survived 5 life threatening open heart surgeries), and the M3 because of the red color... red being symbolic of the heart, plus I plan on doing some carbon fiber modding on that car too).
WOW, you have a great reason to go for the red and I agree, I have seen red on red and like it! I am leaning towards the fox/black/black now so your already inspiring ppl!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #99
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
5

 
Drives: Results
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germantown, MD


Posts: 495
iTrader: (2)

I have an E90 M3 on order, confirmed by BMW, for European Delivery in late September so they will be making them at least until then. Here is what the email from BMW said (forwarded to me by my CA):

"The BMW Welt confirmed the requested delivery date; however, we cannot book the vehicle for production yet due to discrepancies with our ordering system for vehicles being built in September and later. You will not see a confirmed delivery date / time in the Vehicle Inquiry screen until we can actually book the vehicle into production.

The customer can proceed with making his travel arrangements.

We are hoping to have this issue resolved by the end of June / beginning of July."

I don't have any additional details. I could speculate but I see no point in that. I'll wait patiently for the facts and post them here when I receive them. Unless some formal announcement happens first.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #100
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
10

 
Drives: See my Sig
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
WOW, you have a great reason to go for the red and I agree, I have seen red on red and like it! I am leaning towards the fox/black/black now so your already inspiring ppl!
Thanks Brad! I definitely like the 2 tone look of fox/black/black more than full fox or full black though... best of both worlds.
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #101
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
I have an E90 M3 on order, confirmed by BMW, for European Delivery in late September so they will be making them at least until then. Here is what the email from BMW said (forwarded to me by my CA):

"The BMW Welt confirmed the requested delivery date; however, we cannot book the vehicle for production yet due to discrepancies with our ordering system for vehicles being built in September and later. You will not see a confirmed delivery date / time in the Vehicle Inquiry screen until we can actually book the vehicle into production.

The customer can proceed with making his travel arrangements.

We are hoping to have this issue resolved by the end of June / beginning of July."

I don't have any additional details. I could speculate but I see no point in that. I'll wait patiently for the facts and post them here when I receive them. Unless some formal announcement happens first.

Thx for the info, has your vehicle been confirmed as a MY2012 or a late build MY2011?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #102
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
5

 
Drives: Results
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germantown, MD


Posts: 495
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
Thx for the info, has your vehicle been confirmed as a MY2012 or a late build MY2011?
The order was placed as a 2011, with 2011 options and pricing, but the emails I have received have not specifically mentioned the year.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #103
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
The order was placed as a 2011, with 2011 options and pricing, but the emails I have received have not specifically mentioned the year.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #104
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

For what it is worth I did get a response from my favorite and most knowledgeable dealership confirming a MY2012 for the E92. They were not able to confirm any special edition models but said if there were any special editions they would most likely be available early July as late MY2011 then the MY2012 would come shortly after.

Take it for what you will...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #105
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
10

 
Drives: See my Sig
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
For what it is worth I did get a response from my favorite and most knowledgeable dealership confirming a MY2012 for the E92. They were not able to confirm any special edition models but said if there were any special editions they would most likely be available early July as late MY2011 then the MY2012 would come shortly after.

Take it for what you will...
Cool... that's consistent with what I was told too... announcement in June (hence available in July) of special edition model and MY2012 models coming thereafter later in the year.
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #106
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradDickinson View Post
For what it is worth I did get a response from my favorite and most knowledgeable dealership confirming a MY2012 for the E92.
Very good. Even more confirmation, below:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542482
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #107
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Very good. Even more confirmation, below:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542482
I just saw this as well! Of course Ryan gets the unequivocal confirmation asap, he rocks and I am securing my MY2012 E92 with him as soon as he has an allocated spot, hopefully late this month or early July!

(Alpine White, Fox/Black/Black, Carbon Trim, DCT, PP2, Comp Pkg) I can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #108
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
10

 
Drives: See my Sig
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Very good. Even more confirmation, below:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542482
Thanks for posting the link... I missed seeing this sooner.

Well, that means since I'm placing my order in August, I could order one of the last E90 M3s... I'll have to think a bit more about this... though I'm still leaning toward the E92 M3.
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #109
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
10

 
Drives: See my Sig
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland


Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Hmmm.... also noticed that MY11's End of Production for the E92 M3 is 8/11. If I place my order in August then the question is whether my M3 will be a 2011 or 2012 model.

Maybe it will depend on whether there is an opening in the August production queue at the point I place my order. If not then my car will probably be in the September production queue and hence be a 2012 M3.
__________________
My 2 Little Girls... the REAL carbon fiber keeping my mechanical heart alive

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #110
Nautik
Captain
12

 
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NoVA


Posts: 632
iTrader: (0)

Shouldn't the 2012 updates be coming out soon? Also it would be really nice to know the last day you could take a 2011 ED and the first day you could take a 2012 ED... This lack of information is playing havoc with my schedule.
__________________
2009 e92 M3 - AW DCT - Apex Arc8s - Corsa
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST