BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #221
Ringer
First Lieutenant
 
Ringer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M Valencia Orange
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stockholm

Posts: 321
iTrader: (0)

Ok that's it. I'm puting on sale the M3 GTS #007, to buy an estoril blue M3 E92 to make it more aggressive ;-)
Ringer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #222
KEYON
Brigadier General
 
KEYON's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 SG E92 M3 - GONE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LA x SD

Posts: 3,378
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.83]
My favorite M3 of all time,

can you shoot me a PM for the price of the following:

BMW M3 Edition front grilles
BMW M3 Edition side grilles with IND tinted LED
BMW Motorsport tow strap
Varis Japan Diffuser
IND reflector delete
Gloss black center mesh front and rear bumper inserts

Thanks!
KEYON is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #223
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,869
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
I seriously doubt anyone cares about making you a believer.

Where did IND state they were creating a car to achieve x time on x track?

This is no poseur car I can assure you!
That's figure of speech, I wasn't expecting or care anyone to do so, because I know no engineering system test was ever performed to test race worthiness of the car before and after the modification. Reason why I pose those questions is because of their claim:

Quote:
Too many cars getting full page features in magazines these days are merely smoke and mirrors. Friends of mine in the magazine business have told me of cars showing up to photoshoots having to be pushed off of a trailer because the motor hasn’t run in months. I hear of cars with enormous widebody conversions and motorsport inspired liveries that still have factory braking components all the way down to brake pad, terrible quality tires of unkown branding and origin that barely have enough grip for the street, and a rear muffler as the car’s only performance modification. These cars are not an expression of a shop’s love for automobiles as they should be, but rather an inauthentic push for profit, and profit alone.
I don't think tossing (tossing used generally, IND did it tastefully) a whole bunch of premium parts like ones found on a race car translates to a race ready car and represents true motor sports passion. I gave IND props for making an excellent show and street car, which if I would to build a similar street car I would definitely call them. Case in point is that extended shifter on a 6spd manual to mimic appearance of a sequential gear box found on race cars. Also the oversize wheels pointed out by another poster. All those premium parts no doubt improved stock M3 in certain aspect but in terms of how well each integrate and synegistically create more value than individually is up for question. I think it's smoke and mirrors to the next level. Don't take it negatively, it's meant in a good way.

Let me put it simply. If I am to run http://www.onelapofamerica.com/ tomorrow, I am not going to stop at IND's modifications. A lot more work needs to be done to ensure the car will finish and finish in top position.
__________________
- There's nothing in my pocket other than knives and lint

Last edited by Robert; 01-19-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #224
J BONE
The Boss
 
J BONE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2011 E90 335
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois

Posts: 4,842
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRedi View Post
My favorite M3 of all time,

can you shoot me a PM for the price of the following:

BMW M3 Edition front grilles
BMW M3 Edition side grilles with IND tinted LED
BMW Motorsport tow strap
Varis Japan Diffuser
IND reflector delete
Gloss black center mesh front and rear bumper inserts

Thanks!
Send Nate a PM: Nate@IND
They are amazing to work with! Always go to them first when modding
J BONE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #225
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 9,883
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J BONE View Post
Send Nate a PM: Nate@IND
They are amazing to work with! Always go to them first when modding
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRedi View Post
My favorite M3 of all time,

can you shoot me a PM for the price of the following:

BMW M3 Edition front grilles
BMW M3 Edition side grilles with IND tinted LED
BMW Motorsport tow strap
Varis Japan Diffuser
IND reflector delete
Gloss black center mesh front and rear bumper inserts

Thanks!
I'll get a pm over to you.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #226
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
3XTR3M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: LA

Posts: 1,573
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
That's figure of speech, I wasn't expecting or care anyone to do so, because I know no engineering system test was ever performed to test race worthiness of the car before and after the modification. Reason why I pose those questions is because of their claim:



I don't think tossing a whole bunch of premium parts like ones found on a race car translates to a race ready car and represents true motor sports passion. I gave IND props for making an excellent show and street car, which if I would to build a similar street car I would definitely call them. Case in point is that extended shifter on a 6spd manual to mimic appearance of a sequential gear box found on race cars. Also the oversize wheels pointed out by another poster. All those premium parts no doubt improved stock M3 in certain aspect but in terms of how well each integrate and synegistically create more value than individually is up for question. I think it's smoke and mirrors to the next level. Don't take it negatively, it's meant in a good way.


If all these mods were done on a 135 you would be shitting your pants.

edit: And how can calling it "smoke and mirrors" not be a bad thing? Its not David fucking Blain or Chris Angel, its an M3. Just because you say "not meant negatively" does not mean its not negative lol.
__________________
3XTR3M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #227
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,869
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post


If all these mods were done on a 135 you would be shitting your pants.

edit: And how can calling it "smoke and mirrors" not be a bad thing? Its not David fucking Blain or Chris Angel, its an M3. Just because you say "not meant negatively" does not mean its not negative lol.
You are entitled to your opinion. In the end it's still your opinion. Same applies to mine so you don't feel its unfair.

How am I hating? I said it's great car but not as functional as claimed. So it comes down to 135 vs M3 argument? How is that relevant to discussion at hand or simply you trying to wrap your head around my opinion? If so that's pretty Neanderthal conclusion.
__________________
- There's nothing in my pocket other than knives and lint

Last edited by Robert; 01-19-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #228
ee8
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Portugal

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.20]
I like the project... looks very close to what I would do if I had the money...

And for real track time I believe a switch to a better set and match of tires, a good alignment and suspension set-up is all you really need...

And the wing that few people like serves a purpose... especially at that height...

just my 2cents.
ee8 is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #229
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
IND - any chance of bringing this beast out to MFEST or Bimmerfest this year

would love to see this thing in person, like when you brought the Atlantis Blue out last year.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #230
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
3XTR3M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: LA

Posts: 1,573
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
You are entitled to your opinion. In the end it's still your opinion. Same applies to mine so you don't feel its unfair.

How am I hating? I said it's great car but not as functional as claimed. So it comes down to 135 vs M3 argument? How is that relevant to discussion at hand or simply you trying to wrap your head around my opinion? If so that's pretty Neanderthal conclusion.
Hey, its just my opinion. Not 135 vs M3 at all. Just saying that if it was a 135, you would most likely be focusing on how awesome it is rather than how awesome its not. But again, just my opinion, right?
__________________
3XTR3M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #231
saeedg48
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown

Posts: 3,499
iTrader: (1)

bring the spoiler down a foot..
otherwise im in love
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
saeedg48 is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #232
bobbyd1961
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
So awesome it's a 6MT!
i love the red rims
bobbyd1961 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #233
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
 
jordanfox's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 308
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
Hey, its just my opinion. Not 135 vs M3 at all. Just saying that if it was a 135, you would most likely be focusing on how awesome it is rather than how awesome its not. But again, just my opinion, right?
agreed,

I think that's a down side of getting a thread on the front page: the majority the criticisms are from non-M3 owners.


just my $0.02
__________________
2010 M3 Edition in Alpine White
jordanfox is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #234
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Irvine

Posts: 3,925
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhinged View Post
Too bad that what was looking like a great project got ruined by that very cheesy topless graphic and cheap looking steering wheel & shifter.
I happen to think his Nardi steering wheel is very nice...
__________________
'08 E92 ///M3 - AW/BLK/CF, M-DCT, 19's
H&R, Vorsteiner, Eisenmann, BMC, BBS More to come...
ooowowizstev is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #235
mig28
Major
 
mig28's Avatar
 
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Da "G" in PLOX!

Posts: 1,315
iTrader: (5)

damn...lo0ks fat and chubby!! when DTM Meet JDM...PURE SEX!
mig28 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #236
FruitCake
Banned
 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,680
iTrader: (19)

mother fuking fuck..
game over


FruitCake is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #237
KMV
Photographer
 
Drives: not
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

you guys did a amazing job on this car. it is amazing! nate i was wondering if you could shoot me a email so i can talk to you about getting in contact with the owner, seeing that he only lives 1.5hrs from me. just let me know

photo.kjm at gmail.com

thanks
KMV is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 02:36 AM   #238
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
 
DrakeKemper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 721
iTrader: (0)

What are the exact specs on the wing?

Thank you
__________________

2008 E90 M3 - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
DrakeKemper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #239
mshab356
Go ///M or go home
 
mshab356's Avatar
 
Drives: a ///Monster
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 730
iTrader: (2)

I don't believe it...I was going to do that EXACT same color combo once I get my SG M3 this May. Guess I can't anymore without being a poser looks fucking badass though!
__________________
2011.5 SG E92 ///M3 6MT | CF kidney grills | IND SG painted side grills w/ tinted lenses | Painted bumper reflectors | TMS 90mm stud kit | Rear fog light mod | Active Autowerke exhaust |

mshab356 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 02:42 AM   #240
DrakeKemper
Sexiest Man Alive
 
DrakeKemper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 721
iTrader: (0)

Also exact specs on lowering/suspension?
__________________

2008 E90 M3 - AA Gen 2 Level 3
1991 Hot Girlfriend
DrakeKemper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 03:26 AM   #241
constantin
Lieutenant
 
constantin's Avatar
 
Drives: 4wheels
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: at home

Posts: 402
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
What are the exact specs on the wing?

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKemper View Post
Also exact specs on lowering/suspension?
I'm sure IND will chime in in a few hours... If not shoot them a PM
constantin is offline   Madagascar
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #242
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
3XTR3M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: LA

Posts: 1,573
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshab356 View Post
I don't believe it...I was going to do that EXACT same color combo once I get my SG M3 this May. Guess I can't anymore without being a poser looks fucking badass though!
Thats absurd. I guess aside from the first ever AW with black rims/accents, the rest are posers.
__________________
3XTR3M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST