BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

12-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Steven.ActiveMotorwerke
Active Motor
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Weird revs

Hey, guys
Recently I found my M is a little bit different.
I press the M button, when I accelerate hard, the revs climb to 2000 then stuck for less than 1sec, after that the revs up and down between 2000-4000, the car is like a shaking bottle. Has anyone suffered in this?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
yusammyyu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw M3 coupe

does this only happen on gear 1 when you start to drive after almost full stop?if it is,then same as me,i think thats problem of foot shake.i think the first shake is because clurtch start contact together,then make your body move ,and your foot will push gas paddle a little bit because your body is moving forward by first shake,you know m3 is very sensitive with m on when on gear 1,so your car will suddenly rush out cause your body have second shake, and again.
this is what i am thinking.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
roller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Yes, turning on MDM and setting throttle to Sport eliminates this for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
dynamite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 - 6MT

I have the same problem on my M. My car is 6MT and in 3rd gear sometimes I feel like there is lag in gas response when I apply the gas at 2000 rpm. When it revs up to 3500 the car moves on..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
Locksmythe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 AW/FR

Driver induced occilation.

PEBSWAS.

Turn the power button down to normal, move your heel to the right and brace your ankle against the carpeted center console wall and place the ball and toes of that foot on the pedal. Push to go!

I bet a lot of first time drivers have had their m3 buck like a bronco. I know did. The reason is as Yusammyyu said. Push hard and steady next time it happens, or let off completely and start again. Probably better to push hard and escape though since everyone around you will be laughing.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Only time that this can happen to my car is when cold and accelerating VERY mildly from 1st to 2nd. It happened just once. What I do is give it a bit of gas after shifting to 2nd. Nothing drastic, just not feathering the throttle. When engine is hot throttle response is perfect.
Oh, I also have to say engine smoothed out when cold after cleaning the air pressure sensor on the intake. Mysteriously it had black crap on it when it's hit by clean air. Took it out after somebody showed it, took it out, and it wasn't as bad as that one, but definitely coated with some kind of black film. Cleaned it with brake cleaner and alcohol (without touching it), and engine felt better right away. Worth trying for just 5 minutes of your time. Good luck.
Appreciate 0