|06-20-2014, 10:44 AM||#1|
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Drives: Evolve F10 M5 E700
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedfordshire UK
Evolve Engineering S54 Intake - Development Thread
For a long time we have been deciding on making an intake system for the S54 engine.
We already have our well known Evolve CSL Carbon Airbox but we wanted to bring a product to the market which met the following criteria:
- Uses high quality engineered parts
- Is a fully engineered intake solution
- Improves partial load normal driving
- Increases HP and Torque under full throttle
- Adds to the driving experience with a purposeful induction note and no loss of low rpm smoothness
- Standalone upgrade which requires no tuning or MAF removal
This would be our 3rd intake kit development.
For an idea of what is to come you can see our very latest and recently released intake system for the E60 M5 / E63 M6:
evolve e60 m5 m6 carbon intake full kit by evolveautomotive, on Flickr
Further detailed information can be found at the below link:
Evolve Engineering Carbon Venturi Intake System
The development of the S54 intake system started 4 months ago with preliminary tests carried out on 4 individual cars. Some cars were stock, others had performance parts fitted.
Over the course of this thread we will be sharing our findings :
- Dyno test results on stock cars
- Dyno test results on tuned cars (very very interesting)
- Road Testing
- Initial thoughts of those whom have tested on their own cars under real world driving
- Temperature analysis
- Airflow analysis
Our aim is to bring a high quality kit to the market with the REAL results. We hope you enjoy the thread as we update it over the coming weeks.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|