BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #23
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
 
SUB-ZERO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 997TT Arctic Silver
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VA

Posts: 1,562
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
haha kind of true! I am a computer engineer as well
Computer Engineer....I'm an Engineering PM now. 31 years old and bought my m3 at 30.
SUB-ZERO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #24
ss134
Brigadier General
 
ss134's Avatar
 
Drives: ...a hard bargain...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

Posts: 3,573
iTrader: (1)

I'm 79 years old (retired vegetable picker) - this is the best car i've ever owned.
__________________
2014 AW F80 M3 DCT
2011 AW E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2010 JZB E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
ss134 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #25
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
 
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
I'm 79 years old (retired vegetable picker) - this is the best car i've ever owned.
wow - you must have had a lot of good harvests
bmw_guy_2020 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #26
Tim B.
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Posts: 544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erman View Post
Guys these threads are so useless. If the point is to gather real demographic info on an m3 driver this is the furthest thing from being able to do so.

1.In general those who make it to these boards tend to be WAY younger than your average m3 driver. So right there you move your age curve way to the left.

2.Those who will be more likely to post WITHIN a thread like this or be on the look out for this type of thread will be by FAR the younger guys because in general younger folks who can afford an m3 like to make that point known and it makes them feel good to tell people about it. I would probably feel the same way-I am 30 however so I missed by boat on being able to do that!

3. the Lurker's who read the boards and older folks are not going to jump out and post their age as there is some embarrasement factor of the mide-life-crisis.

anyway I am 30 and looking at getting an m3. I guess I have to admit this board makes you feel too old if you are above 30 but the reality is its probably less than 10 percent of m3 drivers are under 30. 80 percent are between 30-40 and 20 percent over 40.

Going on with this thread and seeing 90 percent of the thread be a bunch of teenagers or 20 year olds with daddy's coin volunteer they have an m3-how is this a thread with any point?
I tend to agree with this, good points.
Got my first M3 at 30 and my 2nd M3 at 38........I'll be 40 next week
Tim B. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #27
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
 
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
I tend to agree with this, good points.
Got my first M3 at 30 and my 2nd M3 at 38........I'll be 40 next week
Don't cry Tim - you drive an M3!
bmw_guy_2020 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #28
Rydawg1
Private First Class
 
Rydawg1's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Posts: 156
iTrader: (1)

Don't feel bad Tim, I'm now 39 and drive a 335i, but I plan to get my M3 late this year and I'm also in IT lol
__________________
08 M3 E92 DCT
Silverstone Metallic II /Blk/alum trim
Megan Racing exhaust
mods to come...
Rydawg1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #29
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
 
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydawg1 View Post
Don't feel bad Tim, I'm now 39 and drive a 335i, but I plan to get my M3 late this year and I'm also in IT lol
Damn - so many M3 drivers here in IT.

I am a software consultant BTW

I think IT people are required to make a lot of calculated methodical decisions as part of their job.

If you have this mentality - all roads lead to the M3!
bmw_guy_2020 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #30
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
 
Wretched Creature's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Gatos, CA

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

41, in high tech, and have an E90 on order. Should be driving it by the end of the month. Was planning to buy the car for myself for my 40th birthday, boldly embracing my mid-life crisis. However, bought a house instead. But, a year-and-a-half later, I'll be in my first M3, woohoo!

Last edited by Wretched Creature; 01-11-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Wretched Creature is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #31
e1000
that's what SHE said!
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 1,074
iTrader: (1)

__________________
e1000 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #32
Erhan
Colonel
 
Erhan's Avatar
 
Drives: Cooper S
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle

Posts: 2,466
iTrader: (0)

m3 drivers have no friends.
__________________
2011 MINI Cooper S
previous cars: E92 M3, Z4MC, Z4 Roadster, E36 328 Sedan
Erhan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #33
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
 
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
e1000 - Is this a picture of you or is it just a funny random pic?
bmw_guy_2020 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #34
Erhan
Colonel
 
Erhan's Avatar
 
Drives: Cooper S
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle

Posts: 2,466
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_guy_2020 View Post
Damn - so many M3 drivers here in IT.
Well, you know people kept saying iDrive is really hard to use

I'm electrical engineer. Just turned 30. Having my midlife crisis early.
__________________
2011 MINI Cooper S
previous cars: E92 M3, Z4MC, Z4 Roadster, E36 328 Sedan
Erhan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #35
e1000
that's what SHE said!
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 1,074
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_guy_2020 View Post
e1000 - Is this a picture of you or is it just a funny random pic?
lol, funny pic. But it's not random
__________________
e1000 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #36
M3maniac20
Captain
 
M3maniac20's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, Texas

Posts: 650
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_guy_2020 View Post
e1000 - Is this a picture of you or is it just a funny random pic?
I guess its describing the stereotype of a BMW driver, from the aspect of non bmw drivers
__________________
2011.5 M3 Coupe ZCP
M3maniac20 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #37
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
 
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3maniac20 View Post
I guess its describing the stereotype of a BMW driver, from the aspect of non bmw drivers
Well - at least he looks happy lol
bmw_guy_2020 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #38
KTM505SX
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 6MT ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Stevenson Ranch,CA

Posts: 542
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erman View Post
Guys these threads are so useless. If the point is to gather real demographic info on an m3 driver this is the furthest thing from being able to do so.

1.In general those who make it to these boards tend to be WAY younger than your average m3 driver. So right there you move your age curve way to the left.

2.Those who will be more likely to post WITHIN a thread like this or be on the look out for this type of thread will be by FAR the younger guys because in general younger folks who can afford an m3 like to make that point known and it makes them feel good to tell people about it. I would probably feel the same way-I am 30 however so I missed by boat on being able to do that!

3. the Lurker's who read the boards and older folks are not going to jump out and post their age as there is some embarrasement factor of the mide-life-crisis.

anyway I am 30 and looking at getting an m3. I guess I have to admit this board makes you feel too old if you are above 30 but the reality is its probably less than 10 percent of m3 drivers are under 30. 80 percent are between 30-40 and 20 percent over 40.

Going on with this thread and seeing 90 percent of the thread be a bunch of teenagers or 20 year olds with daddy's coin volunteer they have an m3-how is this a thread with any point?
Agree,therefore a poll would actually have more concrete results.Put up a poll OP.
KTM505SX is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #39
KTM505SX
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 6MT ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Stevenson Ranch,CA

Posts: 542
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
m3 drivers have no friends.
Q F T
KTM505SX is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #40
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
 
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
m3 drivers have no friends.
So funny - posted by an M3 driver!
bmw_guy_2020 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #41
skiernan36
stick to your guns
 
skiernan36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i 2012 Audi Q5 2.0T
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Posts: 446
iTrader: (0)

i'm 23 and hope to get an M3 in the next year or 2, or wait until the next gen comes out for the e90 price drop. but i'm posting because i noticed a bunch of IT guys here and was just curious to what specifically you do in IT? asking because i'm considering going to school and get in this field. i've noticed after after going to club socials and driver schools that a lot of BMW drivers tend to be in IT, it is an interesting trend and i agree that it must be the technology connection
__________________
"Speed has never killed anyone...suddenly becoming stationary, thats what gets you."-Jeremy Clarkson
skiernan36 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #42
DropItLow
Private
 
Drives: 2010 gt-r
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NE PA

Posts: 82
iTrader: (0)

i don't think these threads are totally useless - gives people an idea of backgrounds...

im 23 and bought my 2011 zcp back in august. previous car was a 2005 s4 which i bought while in college. it's pretty funny because I'm also in IT (worked 30+ hours a week and went to college full time).

i started with java development at a small consulting firm (specialized in regulated document management, meaning finance and pharma) and worked my way up through that organization doing a whole bunch of different things.

Finance and pharma(if you can get your foot in the door) are still paying a whole lot more than the other industries. the going rates are typically $20+ an hour more it seems like for pharma positions compared to other industries for the same position...
DropItLow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #43
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,370
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiernan36 View Post
i'm 23 and hope to get an M3 in the next year or 2, or wait until the next gen comes out for the e90 price drop. but i'm posting because i noticed a bunch of IT guys here and was just curious to what specifically you do in IT? asking because i'm considering going to school and get in this field. i've noticed after after going to club socials and driver schools that a lot of BMW drivers tend to be in IT, it is an interesting trend and i agree that it must be the technology connection
I am a consultant now, use to work at Nortel
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #44
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
 
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 182
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiernan36 View Post
i'm 23 and hope to get an M3 in the next year or 2, or wait until the next gen comes out for the e90 price drop. but i'm posting because i noticed a bunch of IT guys here and was just curious to what specifically you do in IT? asking because i'm considering going to school and get in this field. i've noticed after after going to club socials and driver schools that a lot of BMW drivers tend to be in IT, it is an interesting trend and i agree that it must be the technology connection
I program in .NET and SQL Server. I have like 30 certifications.

I have about 12 years in IT with 6 years in IT consulting. It's a good field. Contracting is where you will make the most money - especially on corp-to-corp tax term.

Just make sure you like in a city with a top 3 IT market. Contracts tend to run shorter these days but if you are in a top IT market then you'll be able to get another contract within a few days....
bmw_guy_2020 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST