BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Stick to Clutch

01-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #23
Raustin
Cmd Chief

Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Sedan

Little Rock & San Antonio BMW both have provided my 'loaner' BMWs. Made appointment for service and requested a car...no problem. If I were a customer at Hassle I would keep working up the chain until you get the service you deserve.
Raustin is offline   United_States
      01-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #24
5erman
Banned

Drives: black 5 series

I can attest the biggest 3 dealers in scottsdale/phoenix give loaners out freely and they give a bunch of good stuff. 5 series, x5's 335s etc.

In Columbus Kelly bmw gives only if you bought the car there OR if you are from out of state. MAG gives it to anyone. Both with appointment.

I think it largely depends on the city. Soundsn like the super congested cities get worse service perhaps.

I admit I assumed all bmw dealers gave loaners until I found the internet boards. How dissapointing. I think it makes owning a bmw actually worth it that you can drive in and drive hom in another bimmer for the week if necessary.
      01-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #25
Elaz
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 e92

yes greenwich which is also pace my boy is the service manager there i never have a problem and thats in ny.
Elaz is offline   United_States
      01-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #26
MCarRacr07
Private First Class

Drives: "M"-less for the 1st time ever

In the NY area loaners vary from dealer to dealer...
some give you BMWs...others have rental agency cars for you....
some will only give you a loaner if you purchased the car from them....others don;t...
it would seem that there is not a standard policy ala BMW NA.
with that said...I have always been given a loaner when I requested one during service and I always request it when I make the appointment...
Westchester BMW does not offer loaners to people who did not purchase their cars there...and I did not have a good experience in the service dept. (gave them 3 chances!)
BMW Greenwich/Pace (same service dept. same owners) does...as I have been given loaners even though I purchased my car at Habberstad....their service was VERY VERY spotty when they were first purchased by DCH...but it has gotten very good now....and some of the SA's there are car guys...which always puts you at ease...the facility is ENORMOUS....in fact it bankrupted the prior owners....that is how DCH took over.
      01-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #27
motosan
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 E92 ZCP M3

I live in so cal, and as much as i would love to go to irvine BMW for service because they are like next door to my company (same highway exit), their consumer review on the net has scared me away...

Long stoy short, I ended up having my 1200 miles and today's "squeaking" diagnostic at Newport Sterling BMW. Both time I didn't make an early appointment, which is usually over a week ahead. For my 1200 miles, I almost got the Camry from Hertz, until the front desk asked what BMW I drive and I said with proudness, ///M3, he gave me a mustang convertible. Too bad it rained cats and dogs that day so I couldn't enjoy the top down...

The second time I got a caddy DTS V8, and plus $35/insurance for 3 days... I know insurance is unnecessary but I thought it was only for a day to diagnose my squeaky problem but the dealership has such a good service that they get busy crazily everyday! And today I got off work late so I was rushing to refill the rental gas and not pay attention and actually fill a full tank for the rental lol.... This is like over $100 unnecessary spending that could have been spent on a decent sushi dinner with my gf. I was so upset with myself, the freaking old caddy that makes me a old man, and the full tank of gas I just donated to a for-profit dealership...!!! But, I ended up being a happy camper in the end of day because :

1) the dealer said they will replace my whole inner door panel because the squeaking was bizarrely replicatible on the passengers side
2) I got back my Baby and the sound of the ultimate driving machine V8 just made me smile whoever said he or she gets bored with the M3's daily driving is a spoiled brat who needs to be punished to sit in a premium package-LESS caddy DTS!!!

Take away is
-Only accept the car worth paying the rental insurance, and that won't be a caddy DTS
-loaner is a complimentary service but whichever BMW dealership who hassles with loaner car service is a BMW dealership wannabe
-Yes I pay $80k for a car, which is not an asset but a true expense plus liability to save the economy and unemployment rate of America. Thank you very much, but I believe I (we) deserve your little complimentary loaner which you are going to use as a depreciation item to minimize your tax expense to your country!
motosan is offline   United_States
      01-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #28
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 DCT

I always get a BMW loaner. 328i or 128i maybe 3 or 4 times. Once I got a 1 series vert which was kinda fun. The other day I was at the dealer walking to my car after service and as I passed by a new dealer X5 car a rep I know asked "service taking a long time? they putting you in the X5?". I said "no, but next time I need a loaner I'll take it!" ... he said "sure thing".

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
      01-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #29
ducman
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

Crevier say the same thing if you didn't ask for loaner when you make your appointment.
ducman is offline   United_States
      01-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #30
H2
Second Lieutenant

Drives: LSB E92 M3

I figure the only time I should expect a loaner is when I have coordinated for a loaner when I scheduled my appointment. Part of my decision in determining where and when I get my car serviced is whether a loaner is available. If I were to show up at the dealer unannounced (or show up very late and essentially miss my appointment) or schedule at the last minute, then I wouldn't expect a loaner. I don't expect my dealer to resolve my personal scheduling issues, but if they can work around it that's great.
      01-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #31
Wretched Creature
Private First Class

Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
I always get a BMW loaner. 328i or 128i maybe 3 or 4 times. Once I got a 1 series vert which was kinda fun. The other day I was at the dealer walking to my car after service and as I passed by a new dealer X5 car a rep I know asked "service taking a long time? they putting you in the X5?". I said "no, but next time I need a loaner I'll take it!" ... he said "sure thing".
Hey MDCTFTW,

Where in NorCal are you? What dealer do you go to?
Wretched Creature is offline   United_States
      01-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #32
DBH
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 M3 E92

I've owned five BMW's that have been bought through four dealers (when I lived in CT, there were five dealers w/i 30 minutes of home). I never had a problem getting a loaner. If it was routine service, I always tried to arrange first appointment in the AM and I'd wait. Other times, try to call ahead make appointment and request a loaner. Generally get a late model, white 3 series something or other. The only thing that I don't like is the dealers name and "courtesy car" in big letters on the rear window!!

BTW, a friend bought a car from Hassell. Ordered the car from Germany and specified manual tranny. Eight weeks later the car arrived and guess what? The car came with all requested options and auto trans!! The mistake was only picked up by my friend at delivery! I have very little confidence in Hassell.
      01-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #33
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.

I have always gotten loaners from the dealers here in canada...

7 series, 5 series, X5, X6, X3, 3 Series, 1 series etc. except for a few times I got a X6 M which was quite memorable

Naturally I go to select dealers who know me well enough.
M3 vert is offline   United Kingdom
      01-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #34
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: BMW E92/E60

I use multiple different dealers in Houston area and have a good relationship with all my SA's. I have never had a problem getting a loaner. Off course you can't just show up without an appointment and demand a loaner....that is common sense. If you need a loaner you make an appointment ahead of time so they can reserve one for you.
Cobb tune, RennArt catback non resonated exhaust, M-sport steering (racing alcantara & retrofit M3 paddle shifters.), Alpina B3 transmission flash, AFE powered sealed CAI, LED angels, E93 M3 Front Swaybar, 235/35/19x9 front & 275/30/19x9.5 rear. When in doubt...flat out
Kayani_1 is offline   United_States
      04-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #35
NOcstSrv
Registered

Drives: 5 SERIES

ray catena is crap his "group" is slowly but surely going downhill - management are complete idiots STAY AWAY
      04-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #36
SP330
Lieutenant

Drives: S Class

You know if you have a Hyundai Equus they pick the car up from your house and drop off a nice loaner....

Kidding that's probably because they don't want you in a Hyundai service area after paying $55k+ for your car

Here in PA I always get a loaner car, but I have to book at least a week in advance. Any later and they give me a Camry, which isn't bad.

Some dealers are bad with giving out loaners as others have said. Let us know when you find a good one.

I would second Habberstad, I have heard great things about the place from my friends in NY.