BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (13)

New to the Bay Area

Just wanted to stop in and say whats up. Relocated to the bay area (currently East Bay) from Houston. Checking out the car scene over here.

Any tips on indy shops to check out for good work? I think I'll be checking out SF Cars and Coffee this weekend if anyone plans on going.

Just a Quick shot of my car
Attached Images
 
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
aaranzabal
Second Lieutenant
 
aaranzabal's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SD/SF/Houston

Posts: 212
iTrader: (3)

I moved here for the summer and I'm from Houston too! I'll be at Cars and Coffee so I'll say hello if I see your car. I have a black e92 m3 with red volks.
aaranzabal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
italyix
Lieutenant
 
italyix's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 518
iTrader: (1)

Welcome!!!

1. Request an invite on facebook for Drive Club, easiest way to meet up with fellow bay Area BMW guys/gals
2. Check out Performance technic in Dublin, top noth place and they just finished moving to their new location
3. There is a cars and coffee this Sunday at Edge Motorworks and...
4. August 8 Cars and Coffee at Performance Technic, see their FB page for details

Almost forgot...nice ride!!!
italyix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Z K
Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,038
iTrader: (3)

There's a bunch of cars and coffee events going on all over the bay area every weekend. Basically pick one and come on out. Some of us do track days as well so that's a good place to come and have some fun with the car. San Francisco is nice in that it is easy driving distance to 3 well known race tracks.
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Z K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
Flying Ace
Private First Class
 
Flying Ace's Avatar
 
Drives: Sopwith M-Camel
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

I'll be at the Pier 38 C&C event this Saturday. Welcome.
Flying Ace is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
kevin///mlee
Second Lieutenant
 
kevin///mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 238
iTrader: (2)

Welcome to the bay! I love red M3s, nice ride
__________________
Akrapovic | AngeliBright | APEX | Hankook | IND | JRZ RS1 | Macht Schnell | Mode Carbon | Volk Racing | Vorsteiner
kevin///mlee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I'll be at the Pier 38 C&C event this Saturday. Welcome.
Do our cars qualify as "special enough" for the C&C at Pier 38 or do we need to park in the spectator Lot?
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
Z K
Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,038
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Do our cars qualify as "special enough" for the C&C at Pier 38 or do we need to park in the spectator Lot?
The SF meet is a smaller gathering so everyone is welcome.

It's not elite like the Irvine Cars and Coffee which these days is more like a car show than a car meet.
__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!
Z K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #9
Flying Ace
Private First Class
 
Flying Ace's Avatar
 
Drives: Sopwith M-Camel
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Do our cars qualify as "special enough" for the C&C at Pier 38 or do we need to park in the spectator Lot?
oh yeah..no problem. They're hurting for participation and almost solely dependent on a local club to show up to make the show.
Flying Ace is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2014, 10:46 PM   #10
Boo-E
Captain
 
Boo-E's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP DCT AW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 784
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Boo-E
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman
Just wanted to stop in and say whats up. Relocated to the bay area (currently East Bay) from Houston. Checking out the car scene over here.

Any tips on indy shops to check out for good work? I think I'll be checking out SF Cars and Coffee this weekend if anyone plans on going.

Just a Quick shot of my car
Great looking car! +1 get on drive club. Alekshop does really good work, but they're on the pricier side. Meeting up with a few ///M guys for lunch in Burlingame tomorrow at 1pm if you want to come out.
__________________
2011.75 E90 ZCP DCT AW OEM CF splitters, mirror, and spoiler, Challenge race diffuser, Dinan Exhaust, ESS Mid Pipe, ESS VT2-625, P3 Gauge, Brembo 380mm 6/4, Endless pads, Dinan Struts, BMW performance steering wheel, Platte Forme AG side skirts, and 20'' Strasse Forged SM7
Boo-E is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
Boo-E
Captain
 
Boo-E's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP DCT AW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 784
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Boo-E
Oh btw, C&C SF is at pier 32. We're "special enough" lol. There's room for 800 cars. It's from 8-11 the first Saturday of each month.
__________________
2011.75 E90 ZCP DCT AW OEM CF splitters, mirror, and spoiler, Challenge race diffuser, Dinan Exhaust, ESS Mid Pipe, ESS VT2-625, P3 Gauge, Brembo 380mm 6/4, Endless pads, Dinan Struts, BMW performance steering wheel, Platte Forme AG side skirts, and 20'' Strasse Forged SM7
Boo-E is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
Loft23
Private
 
Loft23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

I'll be there too. Did you guys register or will you just roll up to the exhibitors parking?
__________________
Loft23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 12:35 AM   #13
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,789
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo-E View Post
Great looking car! +1 get on drive club.
What's Drive Club? Is that like Fight Club for cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
Welcome!!!

1. Request an invite on facebook for Drive Club, easiest way to meet up with fellow bay Area BMW guys/gals
Yeah, what's Drive Club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Just wanted to stop in and say whats up. Relocated to the bay area (currently East Bay) from Houston. Checking out the car scene over here.

Any tips on indy shops to check out for good work? I think I'll be checking out SF Cars and Coffee this weekend if anyone plans on going.

Just a Quick shot of my car
OP Love MR!
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #14
Boo-E
Captain
 
Boo-E's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP DCT AW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 784
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Boo-E
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo-E View Post
Great looking car! +1 get on drive club.
What's Drive Club? Is that like Fight Club for cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
Welcome!!!

1. Request an invite on facebook for Drive Club, easiest way to meet up with fellow bay Area BMW guys/gals
Yeah, what's Drive Club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Just wanted to stop in and say whats up. Relocated to the bay area (currently East Bay) from Houston. Checking out the car scene over here.

Any tips on indy shops to check out for good work? I think I'll be checking out SF Cars and Coffee this weekend if anyone plans on going.

Just a Quick shot of my car
OP Love MR!
First rule of DC is we don't talk about DC
__________________
2011.75 E90 ZCP DCT AW OEM CF splitters, mirror, and spoiler, Challenge race diffuser, Dinan Exhaust, ESS Mid Pipe, ESS VT2-625, P3 Gauge, Brembo 380mm 6/4, Endless pads, Dinan Struts, BMW performance steering wheel, Platte Forme AG side skirts, and 20'' Strasse Forged SM7
Boo-E is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #15
Sco Cuddie
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 121
iTrader: (1)

Someone fill me in on Drive Club...I want in!
Sco Cuddie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #16
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco Cuddie View Post
Someone fill me in on Drive Club...I want in!
Yea how does one find this Drive Club?
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #17
Flying Ace
Private First Class
 
Flying Ace's Avatar
 
Drives: Sopwith M-Camel
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

oops sorry for the confusion. It is Pier 32!

If you show up, we'll fill you in on Drive Club...but there's some type of initiation process where you buy everyone lunch...or was I duped by Randy?!?!?! lol
Flying Ace is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #18
Flying Ace
Private First Class
 
Flying Ace's Avatar
 
Drives: Sopwith M-Camel
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loft23 View Post
I'll be there too. Did you guys register or will you just roll up to the exhibitors parking?
roll into the lot and you'll pay to be an exhibitor. Nothing complicated, if you don't want to pay for it, don't pull into that lot and just look for street parking (good luck with that!)


Also, last week, I came with 2 others in my car and we ALL got free coffee and pastries (but maybe b/c the guy remembered me from the prior event)
Flying Ace is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #19
Loft23
Private
 
Loft23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
roll into the lot and you'll pay to be an exhibitor. Nothing complicated, if you don't want to pay for it, don't pull into that lot and just look for street parking (good luck with that!)


Also, last week, I came with 2 others in my car and we ALL got free coffee and pastries (but maybe b/c the guy remembered me from the prior event)
As an exhibitor, do I have to stay there the entire time or can I leave a little before 11.
__________________
Loft23 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #20
blast1st
Test
 
blast1st's Avatar
 
Drives: DAILY DRIVER IMFAMOUS 'H-FIT'
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SO-CAL!

Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)

welcome!
blast1st is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #21
Flying Ace
Private First Class
 
Flying Ace's Avatar
 
Drives: Sopwith M-Camel
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loft23 View Post
As an exhibitor, do I have to stay there the entire time or can I leave a little before 11.
you're free to enter or leave at any time. If you decide to join Drive Club, leaving the club is a whole different matter...
Flying Ace is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #22
youngnastyman
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
you're free to enter or leave at any time. If you decide to join Drive Club, leaving the club is a whole different matter...
the only way you leave is in a box??
youngnastyman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST