BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #23
1trip5
Captain
 
1trip5's Avatar
 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 627
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
I've got 2. 1 is stock and the other is pretty much loaded and I used it for an endurance race. Let me know which one you'd prefer and I'd be happy to loan it to you.

Also as soon as I can win that race series with my Formula GT I'll send it your way. This car is a pain in the ass to drive fast for 20 laps. And of course the AI doesn't make a mistake >.>

Also if anyone needs a fast car for the "Like the Wind" series I have the Minolta Toyota 88CV race car that can leave them in the dust. Plus you get one for yourself if you win it all.
I don't need to borrow the Z4M, I'm looking to own one. Thanks for the offer though! Let me know if there is something you'd like to trade the stock Z4M for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
I'd like to use them online and just for fun. I'd love to see what times I can put down with an F1 car around the 'ring.

They got for $10-$20 mil usually but the Gran Turismo one is around $4.6 mil used.



1trip5 I'll make sure it's of equal value. If it isn't I'll tune it and throw on racing slicks or whatever is required to get it around $350k-$375k.
Specs on CSL:
434 HP / 1274 kg

Current mods:
Weight Reduc. stg 1
ECU Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Hard Tires

Not sure what the highest HP output is, but it is capable of receive 3 stages of engine tuning. No turbo/supercharging. Im betting right around 600HP.
__________________
E46 M3
1trip5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #24
l4wr3nc3
The Law.
 
l4wr3nc3's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rowland Heights, CA

Posts: 14,277
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
I don't need to borrow the Z4M, I'm looking to own one. Thanks for the offer though! Let me know if there is something you'd like to trade the stock Z4M for.



Specs on CSL:
434 HP / 1274 kg

Current mods:
Weight Reduc. stg 1
ECU Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Hard Tires

Not sure what the highest HP output is, but it is capable of receive 3 stages of engine tuning. No turbo/supercharging. Im betting right around 600HP.
I have a black Z4M thats been driven once or twice at the most. No tunning and no damage. If you are interested i can gift it to you for free. Dont really need it and i'd rather give it to someone that wants it then get ripped off selling it back.


-----edit----
Just noticed you posted this. "Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90 (P) / Black - Tuned and useful for bonus race 1". If you dont mind loaning me the RX7 for the bonus race, i can send it back once im done. Having a hard time finding the car.
__________________

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i

Last edited by l4wr3nc3; 12-29-2010 at 08:05 PM.
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #25
1trip5
Captain
 
1trip5's Avatar
 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 627
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
i dont mind trading you for it. Post up your PSN id. Shoot me the Z4M and I'll send you the RX7.
__________________
E46 M3
1trip5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
I have a black Z4M thats been driven once or twice at the most. No tunning and no damage. If you are interested i can gift it to you for free. Dont really need it and i'd rather give it to someone that wants it then get ripped off selling it back.


-----edit----
Just noticed you posted this. "Mazda RX-7 GT-X '90 (P) / Black - Tuned and useful for bonus race 1". If you dont mind loaning me the RX7 for the bonus race, i can send it back once im done. Having a hard time finding the car.

for your own reference (and possible ease) the GTX you can buy new from a dealership for dirt cheap. taking the trade though is a good idea as well if you're strapped for cash
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #27
l4wr3nc3
The Law.
 
l4wr3nc3's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rowland Heights, CA

Posts: 14,277
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
for your own reference (and possible ease) the GTX you can buy new from a dealership for dirt cheap. taking the trade though is a good idea as well if you're strapped for cash
Thanks for the heads up. I saw that they wanted a 90' RX-7 and automatically assumed it woudnt be available at the dealership and would need to be found through the used car dealer.
__________________

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #28
1trip5
Captain
 
1trip5's Avatar
 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 627
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
mine comes modded and tuned. probably worth the z4m and more ; )
__________________
E46 M3
1trip5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #29
blue2fire
Brigadier General
 
blue2fire's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (8)

I sent you the Seven.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
blue2fire is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #30
1trip5
Captain
 
1trip5's Avatar
 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 627
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
received. you rock.

it's got crazy turbo lag at low rpm. not sure if it can help me win cote d'azur.
__________________
E46 M3
1trip5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #31
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, ohio

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
received. you rock.

it's got crazy turbo lag at low rpm. not sure if it can help me win cote d'azur.
If you are talking B-spec with the 7 I had to tune it a little bit to get the win.

I pulled this information from this thread...

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139467

"
Max Down force

Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40 "

Also I set the max speed of the transmission to 155 and the mid stage turbo only since it's such a contained course. I had to run the race 3-4 times before winning even with this set up (after tuning it I started coming in 2nd, 3rd etc, instead of 10th) I think I ran it about 10 times total, it was driving me crazy since my stupid b-spec driver (even at lvl 23) would get stuck in the chicane constantly and lose 2-6 places at a time. The biggest problem is the lack of passing areas for your "bob" driver, once you get ahead he tears it up.

Granted that the Jag that was kicking my ass may have started behind me before I finally won and this tune might not have had anything to do with it. But this is what I was using when I finally did get the gold, I hope this helps you as much as it helped me so we can both get on to better races 8)

-bmw2006
BMW2006 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2010, 12:03 AM   #32
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, ohio

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
PM'd.



I have the M3 GT-R as well, so I don't have a need to trade for another. I snagged the CSL through used car dealership. I've only seen it once, seems to be rare. I really love the CSL but I know it's a great bargaining car, especially on this forum so I'm willing to part with it till I find another in the used car lot. Keep in mind that it is fully restored which adds a significant amount of value to it.

Do you have any of the following?
Acura NSX 91
Aston DB9
Audi TTS Coupe
BMW Z4M
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLS AMG
RUF Yellow Bird
Toyota Supra SZ-R
After beating the expert races in b-spec I was given a lvl 17 card which yielded me a red NSX prototype, it doesn't list the model year although the year 1992 is listed in the description (although I think they're referring to the normal NSX) is this the car that you are looking for?

-BMW2006
BMW2006 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2010, 12:12 AM   #33
1trip5
Captain
 
1trip5's Avatar
 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 627
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
If you are talking B-spec with the 7 I had to tune it a little bit to get the win.

I pulled this information from this thread...

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139467

"
Max Down force

Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40 "

Also I set the max speed of the transmission to 155 and the mid stage turbo only since it's such a contained course. I had to run the race 3-4 times before winning even with this set up (after tuning it I started coming in 2nd, 3rd etc, instead of 10th) I think I ran it about 10 times total, it was driving me crazy since my stupid b-spec driver (even at lvl 23) would get stuck in the chicane constantly and lose 2-6 places at a time. The biggest problem is the lack of passing areas for your "bob" driver, once you get ahead he tears it up.

Granted that the Jag that was kicking my ass may have started behind me before I finally won and this tune might not have had anything to do with it. But this is what I was using when I finally did get the gold, I hope this helps you as much as it helped me so we can both get on to better races 8)

-bmw2006
Thanks for the tip. I actually obtained a Chaparrel 2D, did a little tuning and won pretty easily. I need to gift the 7 back to blue2fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
After beating the expert races in b-spec I was given a lvl 17 card which yielded me a red NSX prototype, it doesn't list the model year although the year 1992 is listed in the description (although I think they're referring to the normal NSX) is this the car that you are looking for?

-BMW2006
I'm actually looking for the '91 premium NSX that can be converted into a race car.
__________________
E46 M3
1trip5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #34
blue2fire
Brigadier General
 
blue2fire's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (8)

I have a Formula GT that i dont need. Will give for something of substance.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
blue2fire is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #35
1trip5
Captain
 
1trip5's Avatar
 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 627
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
interested. anything you are looking for in particular? i just picked up an M3 GTR race car and 320i touring car.
__________________
E46 M3
1trip5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #36
- Paul -
Major General
 
- Paul -'s Avatar
 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Posts: 7,253
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
GT! What are you after? Very interested too..
__________________
- Paul - is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #37
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,865
iTrader: (8)

I have a great one for you. I just picked up a lightly used Buick GNX She dont take corners to well, but it is pretty slow, so its got that goin for it.

I also have a Dacia Sandero. The car of choice by Top Gears James May. Very rare.

honestly I have fuck all for cars right now. I would like the FGT, but the best I got is full race ZR1 and modded LP560.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I have a Formula GT that i dont need. Will give for something of substance.
HPFREAK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #38
1trip5
Captain
 
1trip5's Avatar
 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 627
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
also, if you are a porsche man... ive got some modded RUFs at my disposal.
__________________
E46 M3
1trip5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #39
GregTheStig
derp
 
GregTheStig's Avatar
 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
For anyone that's won the Formula GT series, did rebuilding the engine and chassis make enough of an improvement to warrant about a million bucks? 500,000 seems a lot for a couple new cylinder heads... but so far my car feels slower than the other guys, and I still suck at driving it hard for 20 consistent laps.
__________________
GregTheStig is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #40
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
For anyone that's won the Formula GT series, did rebuilding the engine and chassis make enough of an improvement to warrant about a million bucks? 500,000 seems a lot for a couple new cylinder heads... but so far my car feels slower than the other guys, and I still suck at driving it hard for 20 consistent laps.
by the time I feel like actually doing the series I'm going to HAVE to do a rebuild my FGT has like 20k miles atm hahaha.

But if you just bought it, there's no point of doing all of that, as long as you have over I think 920 hp, there's not much it's going to do for you. Mine's down to 870
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #41
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Crisp's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5 6 Speed
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
I don't need to borrow the Z4M, I'm looking to own one. Thanks for the offer though! Let me know if there is something you'd like to trade the stock Z4M for.



Specs on CSL:
434 HP / 1274 kg

Current mods:
Weight Reduc. stg 1
ECU Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Hard Tires

Not sure what the highest HP output is, but it is capable of receive 3 stages of engine tuning. No turbo/supercharging. Im betting right around 600HP.
Sorry I haven't touched GT5 for a while... been so busy during the holidays.

I actually don't have the DB9 but I can buy it and mod it to bring it up to the equivalent value of your CSL.

On a side note, what did you use to beat the All Stars race?
The damn Veyron is horrible around turns and I got a McLaren but they out-power me and I can barely pull out of turns without the back end kicking out.
I guess I need to spend more time tuning it.
__________________
Past BMWs: 2009 E93 335i -2010 E60 535i -2008 E60 M5 - 2013 M3
Current BMWs:2008 E64 M6 - 2014 F30 320i
Crisp is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #42
GregTheStig
derp
 
GregTheStig's Avatar
 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
by the time I feel like actually doing the series I'm going to HAVE to do a rebuild my FGT has like 20k miles atm hahaha.

But if you just bought it, there's no point of doing all of that, as long as you have over I think 920 hp, there's not much it's going to do for you. Mine's down to 870
I've been driving mine a lot, and I still can't drive it fast and not spin out every other lap.
__________________
GregTheStig is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #43
1trip5
Captain
 
1trip5's Avatar
 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

Posts: 627
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
Sorry I haven't touched GT5 for a while... been so busy during the holidays.

I actually don't have the DB9 but I can buy it and mod it to bring it up to the equivalent value of your CSL.

On a side note, what did you use to beat the All Stars race?
The damn Veyron is horrible around turns and I got a McLaren but they out-power me and I can barely pull out of turns without the back end kicking out.
I guess I need to spend more time tuning it.
I used the Minolta Toyota you earn from Like the Wind.

Im suddenly less interested in the Aston. Do you happen to have the McLaren MP4? I'd be willing to trade for the MP4.
__________________
E46 M3
1trip5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #44
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Crisp's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5 6 Speed
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,505
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
I used the Minolta Toyota you earn from Like the Wind.

Im suddenly less interested in the Aston. Do you happen to have the McLaren MP4? I'd be willing to trade for the MP4.
No I don't sorry. I only have the old McLaren F1. (1994?)

I wanted to complete the All Stars race to get enough experience to do Like The Wind.
I'm still on level 20.
__________________
Past BMWs: 2009 E93 335i -2010 E60 535i -2008 E60 M5 - 2013 M3
Current BMWs:2008 E64 M6 - 2014 F30 320i
Crisp is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST