BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
duke10
Private First Class
2
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: In between cars
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (1)

Escort Passport 9500ci

Getting Passport 9500ci installed this weekend. Anyone have experienced this system care to chime in about pros and cons? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
i don't have it but i do have the QI-45. Personally my escort has saved me on more than 10+ occasions when i take long drives.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
9
Rep
724
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

IMO

Cannot go wrong with Escort. I have the 9500ix. I am happy with its performance and I like the autoLearn system.
__________________
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan free flow exhaust | Dinan performance engine software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio upgrade | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10 et 20 | Michelin PSS 245/30/20 and 275/30/20 | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
ersin
Brigadier General
ersin's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
4,068
Posts

 
Drives: 08 IB E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

The 9500ci is pretty good. A better system would be the Bel STi-R+ with a Laser Interceptor jammer. The STi-R+ is virtually the same detector as the 9500ci, however there are some addition parameters that you can set on the Bel that you cannot on the Escort. This ups the performance of the STi-R+ beyond that of the 9500ci. Secondly, the Laser Interceptor jammer performs better than the laser "shifters" of the 9500ci. However, you still have one of the best countermeasure systems out there. I hope they do a good job of installing it. Try to get it tested against lidar so that you can adjust the shifter heads for best performance.


Cheers.
__________________

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
duke10
Private First Class
2
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: In between cars
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
i don't have it but i do have the QI-45. Personally my escort has saved me on more than 10+ occasions when i take long drives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinzo View Post
IMO

Cannot go wrong with Escort. I have the 9500ix. I am happy with its performance and I like the autoLearn system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
The 9500ci is pretty good. A better system would be the Bel STi-R+ with a Laser Interceptor jammer. The STi-R+ is virtually the same detector as the 9500ci, however there are some addition parameters that you can set on the Bel that you cannot on the Escort. This ups the performance of the STi-R+ beyond that of the 9500ci. Secondly, the Laser Interceptor jammer performs better than the laser "shifters" of the 9500ci. However, you still have one of the best countermeasure systems out there. I hope they do a good job of installing it. Try to get it tested against lidar so that you can adjust the shifter heads for best performance.


Cheers.
Thanks for the input guys. I'm actually gonna get BMW Edition Quad and passport 9500ix with a plan to upgrade to STi-R Plus later on when I recover the bank account LOL.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
ersin
Brigadier General
ersin's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
4,068
Posts

 
Drives: 08 IB E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Sounds like a good plan to me. Although, I would get the redline instead of the 9500ix.


Cheers,

Ersin
__________________

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
duke10
Private First Class
2
Rep
128
Posts

 
Drives: In between cars
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me. Although, I would get the redline instead of the 9500ix.


Cheers,

Ersin
What's the difference?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
ersin
Brigadier General
ersin's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
4,068
Posts

 
Drives: 08 IB E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke10 View Post
What's the difference?
9500ix doesn't perform as well as the redline, however it has GPS.


Cheers.
__________________

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST