BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #111
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

Wow, this Vettel challenge seems impossible. I keep retrying and finally didn't disqualify myself and found myself to be 7 seconds slower than bronze on the first race. Practice practice I guess... any tips?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #112
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

FGT races are a walk in the park comared to this. To those who have completed it, do you use a wheel or controller?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 01:34 AM   #113
Sylon
Brigadier General
Sylon's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,415
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Wow, this Vettel challenge seems impossible. I keep retrying and finally didn't disqualify myself and found myself to be 7 seconds slower than bronze on the first race. Practice practice I guess... any tips?


Wheel or DS3?


I tried doing it with the controller, couldnt even get past turn 1 at Suzuka (I already had bronze in the first 2 using a wheel).


I would watch the demonstration provided when you first load up each track. I think its the blue icon at the bottom of the screen close to the Exit icon. I watched that in the view I drive in and watched where the breaking points were, how long he held the brakes, and what line the computer took on each turns. Then I looked up videos on YouTube to see if there were any corners that could be cut to save some time (like all the chicanes at Monza).


The Nürburgring took me a couple hours, but most of that was getting use to the car. Monza took me about 15-20 minutes, I think that one is the easiest, not as many turns. Suzuka took me roughly 5-6 hours over 2 days to complete. Suzuka was the hardest and Im glad my steering wheel survived my "frustrational impacts" I gave it, lol. That is one tough steering wheel, lol.



If you are using a wheel, someone on the PS3Trophies.org forums mentioned turning down the force feedback to 1. He said it would help keep the wheel from breaking my rig apart with violent shaking and would make driving the car a lot easier. I havent tried it yet, going to do that tonight after work.



I hope this helps, good luck and keep at it.
__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #114
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

sylon did you get gold on all the red bulls? I'm a ways away from that myself unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #115
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Wheel or DS3?


I tried doing it with the controller, couldnt even get past turn 1 at Suzuka (I already had bronze in the first 2 using a wheel).


I would watch the demonstration provided when you first load up each track. I think its the blue icon at the bottom of the screen close to the Exit icon. I watched that in the view I drive in and watched where the breaking points were, how long he held the brakes, and what line the computer took on each turns. Then I looked up videos on YouTube to see if there were any corners that could be cut to save some time (like all the chicanes at Monza).


The Nürburgring took me a couple hours, but most of that was getting use to the car. Monza took me about 15-20 minutes, I think that one is the easiest, not as many turns. Suzuka took me roughly 5-6 hours over 2 days to complete. Suzuka was the hardest and Im glad my steering wheel survived my "frustrational impacts" I gave it, lol. That is one tough steering wheel, lol.



If you are using a wheel, someone on the PS3Trophies.org forums mentioned turning down the force feedback to 1. He said it would help keep the wheel from breaking my rig apart with violent shaking and would make driving the car a lot easier. I havent tried it yet, going to do that tonight after work.



I hope this helps, good luck and keep at it.
Using the controller actually! I thought I'd be able to get by w/o a wheel in this game, but given the speed and precision needed for the turns here, I might have to get one. It's a shame the big shortcuts DQ you. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #116
Sylon
Brigadier General
Sylon's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,415
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
sylon did you get gold on all the red bulls? I'm a ways away from that myself unfortunately

Nope, and I doubt I will too. Unless reducing the force feedback on the DFGT makes a HUGE improvement, then I dont see myself ever getting gold.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Using the controller actually! I thought I'd be able to get by w/o a wheel in this game, but given the speed and precision needed for the turns here, I might have to get one. It's a shame the big shortcuts DQ you. Thanks

You can cut the chicanes at Monza, but you can't touch more than 2 wheels in any grassy areas on either track. Throwing a front wheel in the grass on the apex of a turn scrubs your speed way more than it does in any other car.





I am proud to say that during my hours of grinding the Suzuka circuit, I did manage to understeer off course in the S's and somehow flip the X1, haha!
__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #117
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

After exhaustively trying to get a bronze on the Monza race, I came within .04 seconds of getting it. I think I'm going to go out and buy a wheel setup to use now.

To anyone who has used both, did it make a big difference? Any recommendations? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a decent quality one that can get the job done. I can't believe I want to buy this just for one stupid series of races, lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #118
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

If you can find a DFGT logitech then get it. Not expensive and works pretty well. If you want to spen some real coin go get a T500 RS just to use with GT5 and no other driving game. They may have more drivers out next months for other games and the PC, but who know for sure. It is a lot of money to spend for one game. Logitech is totally out of the G27's as well. I cant find one any place. Forget about Fanatec as well. Unless you only want a wheel for PS3 then I think they have the GT3 RS in stock, but oh wait they do not have any pedals.lol I think that company is going down in flames very soon. A lot of people are canceling orders which only means they will not have those wheels made. Not like it will cause more wheels to be avail for shipping for new orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
After exhaustively trying to get a bronze on the Monza race, I came within .04 seconds of getting it. I think I'm going to go out and buy a wheel setup to use now.

To anyone who has used both, did it make a big difference? Any recommendations? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a decent quality one that can get the job done. I can't believe I want to buy this just for one stupid series of races, lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #119
1trip5
Captain
1trip5's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
627
Posts

 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Holy jesus the FGT Championship A-Spec is intense.

Ya ya, i know... the X2010 stuff is harder. I'm still gonna bitch and moan.
__________________
E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #120
1trip5
Captain
1trip5's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
627
Posts

 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
whew, apparently 3 golds, 1 silver, and a 5th and 12th place finish is good enough to win the FGT championship. Glad that part of my life is over with. Being as OCD as I am, I'll probably go back and finish up the golds.
__________________
E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #121
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

Someone needs to make an app that will allow android phones to use the remote play feature. That would be great so i can do more B-spec.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #122
aretardedorange
Banned
41
Rep
609
Posts

 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Empire State

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
Someone needs to make an app that will allow android phones to use the remote play feature. That would be great so i can do more B-spec.
Brad thanks again for the GTI. I can send that back to you..do you still have that TVR? And are you going to be online tonight? Maybe we can setup a cruise or something.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #123
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

Ya I cansend you the TVR. I should be on in a few hours. I have to go to the gym and eat dinner. there should be new seasonal races today. Do those since you should of gotten a good bit of money from that GTI race. You can get back up to level 20 with ease I would think doing all the seasonals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aretardedorange View Post
Brad thanks again for the GTI. I can send that back to you..do you still have that TVR? And are you going to be online tonight? Maybe we can setup a cruise or something.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #124
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
bluespeed117's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,529
Posts

 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: so-cal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
ok seriously this b-spec shit is pissing me the fuck off. It seems as if none of the commands actually do anything.
__________________
Muffler Delete/ Tien S-tech Springs / De-badged /BBS LM Reps 19"/ Nexen tires/DTM M5 Front bumper/ Injen Intake/Blacklines/M-tech Rear/Custom Muffler Tips.... More mods to come
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #125
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespeed117 View Post
ok seriously this b-spec shit is pissing me the fuck off. It seems as if none of the commands actually do anything.
My driver just sucks period. I'm giving him a Race Modded Camaro and he can barely pass a couple Nissans without screwing something up. I hate it but the prize cars are better.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #126
- Paul -
Major General
- Paul -'s Avatar
England
179
Rep
7,274
Posts

 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
Once the B specs get to 30 they appear to be a little better - still shite at driving though! Level 32 now and will continue till 35 for the redbull x2010 and then stop.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #127
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
Once the B specs get to 30 they appear to be a little better - still shite at driving though! Level 32 now and will continue till 35 for the redbull x2010 and then stop.
I'll banish myself if I get that far. I think once I get the Zonda R I'll stop.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 03:03 AM   #128
- Paul -
Major General
- Paul -'s Avatar
England
179
Rep
7,274
Posts

 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
I can give you the Zonda if you wish?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #129
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
I can give you the Zonda if you wish?
Nah don't worry about it bro, I may just buy my own
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #130
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

The driver does suck until you get him to lv14 or so. Then he will actually pass cars on his own. I just kept doing the easy races to get him to lv 10 then started with the actual lv 8 and 9 races to get him to lv 14. Then do those lv races. The championship to get the zonda was easy since I had him race with a way faster car. No reason to buy the zonda. You will win it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
Nah don't worry about it bro, I may just buy my own
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #131
- Paul -
Major General
- Paul -'s Avatar
England
179
Rep
7,274
Posts

 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
Mine are lvl 32 now and still get stuck behind cars for no reason.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #132
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
Mine are lvl 32 now and still get stuck behind cars for no reason.
It kind of depends on the pace of the car your AI-Bob is driving and the opponent driver's car. I noticed when using Formula GT vs LeMans spec cars or anything slower.

Bob will just overtake it easily, and sometimes on the straight, the lapped car will move over and let you pass.

But of course if both cars are relative similar pace, your bob will have a "hard time" to overtake. You will need to baby-sit him for the duration of the race, such as NASCAR, Formula GT, and 4-hours roadster.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST