BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #89
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
can you comment on the settings used to achieve gold in these races (TCS, ASM, etc)? I'm about 0.5 sec away from gold time and I'm having a hard time improving. I have a feeling it has to do with driving settings.
Well I can at least say I have ABS on to 3, and TCS on like 4 or 5. I have ASM off, and only a few silvers left in it all.

Also just a tip, it's worked for me: on the wet track, brake in the normal racing line which is the slickest (if you have ABS turned up a bit you'll still slow down effectively), and turn in the middle line where the most grip is.

I don't know if that's what you needed help with or not but that's just a pointer for anyone
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #90
Sylon
Brigadier General
Sylon's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,414
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
Kinda long, but I had the worst luck with Monaco race, but still pulled off the win. I moved up thru the pack just to get knocked back to last about 4 times. I tried to speed up some of the boring parts.


__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #91
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

Problem solved. I had all my driver aids turned off, lol. Retrying!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #92
blue2fire
Brigadier General
blue2fire's Avatar
Cayman Islands
73
Rep
4,289
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

iTrader: (8)

I need a Redbull X1, have the FGT and a few others including all Race Modified cars. Any takers? Will probably give away one more car along with it.

Of interest, i managed to get the only E90 in the game. That was brilliant.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #93
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
I couldnt come close to golds. I have one silver the rest are bronze, but I have not even done the advanced series yet.

ANyone able to even finish in the top 5 in the advanced Nascar series on Daytona? I was right up in 2nd then got passed no matter what I did and fell back to 10th. I tried it several times and can never manage to stay with the pack.

I ended up doing and endurance race last night, and I will never do another one again.lol

it's because you didn't realize the bug I was about to throw my control against the wall when I realized it.

Your ASM is bugged 'on' and you can't turn it off. The way to get around that? Turn off the ABS (set to 0). The race is easy then
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #94
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
can you comment on the settings used to achieve gold in these races (TCS, ASM, etc)? I'm about 0.5 sec away from gold time and I'm having a hard time improving. I have a feeling it has to do with driving settings.
For the dry tracks, don't use ANY aids but ABS 1 and TCS a 0 or a 1 (depending on your driving style).

The wet ones, it varies, most people use a little more aids.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #95
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

Ok cool. I will give it another try with those settings. I also gave up on the rally challenges. I have no idea how to drift in this game. I can do it in forza 3, but in GT5. The Eiger mountain challenge is hard as hell. I couldnt come cloe to the bronze time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
it's because you didn't realize the bug I was about to throw my control against the wall when I realized it.

Your ASM is bugged 'on' and you can't turn it off. The way to get around that? Turn off the ABS (set to 0). The race is easy then
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #96
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

Ya I should of stayed out on the track with race tires. It is over now, and I aint doin that race again.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
That's interesting. I think the weather actually changes. After racing a rainy Monza, Suzuka loaded up and it appeared to be rainy. I was on the phone for a while, and by the time I hit start, it was sunny and dry. I was pissed because I still had my rain tires on and had to pit which lost me the race.

I guess it's safe to say the best thing is to keep race tires on the whole time.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #97
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

In B-Spec, what is the Pit Stop Strength Level measured in? I see it's from 10 to 90. Is that in laps?

I hate having to rerun the same races to level up.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #98
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
In B-Spec, what is the Pit Stop Strength Level measured in? I see it's from 10 to 90. Is that in laps?

I hate having to rerun the same races to level up.
--------nevermind....
__________________

Last edited by GregTheStig; 01-12-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: cuz i'm a b-spec n00b
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #99
1trip5
Captain
1trip5's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
627
Posts

 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
In B-Spec, what is the Pit Stop Strength Level measured in? I see it's from 10 to 90. Is that in laps?

I hate having to rerun the same races to level up.
what you are seeing is the minimum driver strength level before he auto pits. leave it off or he will pit as soon as he gets back on the track if his strength level is below the setting.

I'm still trying to figure out if drivers regain strength when they are out of the car. Any bspec experts on multi driver races?
__________________
E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 06:13 AM   #100
- Paul -
Major General
- Paul -'s Avatar
England
179
Rep
7,274
Posts

 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
They do appear to be a little rested on multi driver races. I set mine to 10%
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #101
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
what you are seeing is the minimum driver strength level before he auto pits. leave it off or he will pit as soon as he gets back on the track if his strength level is below the setting.

I'm still trying to figure out if drivers regain strength when they are out of the car. Any bspec experts on multi driver races?
yes they regain strength slowly.

let me warn you of a potential problem though, you CAN'T auto pit with the REALLY long races, if you do they'll just constantly stay pitting when they're all worn out.

Had my guys using a FGT for the 9 hour race, and he got second place because of this, the last like 50 laps they pitted every time.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #102
1trip5
Captain
1trip5's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
627
Posts

 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
ya, its a very crude method that PD has implemented here. What they should have done is had a meter for 'out of car' driver strength regain before current driver pits. If both of the drivers are worn down to nothing, they will just keep re-pitting as Freakazoid has pointed out. What's worse, a driving slowing down due to a loss of stamina or making a 10 sec pit stop every lap and remaining as slow as he was before? Let's hope for a fix here.
__________________
E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #103
Freakazoid
Captain
Freakazoid's Avatar
36
Rep
967
Posts

 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
ya, its a very crude method that PD has implemented here. What they should have done is had a meter for 'out of car' driver strength regain before current driver pits. If both of the drivers are worn down to nothing, they will just keep re-pitting as Freakazoid has pointed out. What's worse, a driving slowing down due to a loss of stamina or making a 10 sec pit stop every lap and remaining as slow as he was before? Let's hope for a fix here.
yea they just need more options for auto pitting. auto pit after X laps, auto pit at X fuel, etc etc
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #104
1trip5
Captain
1trip5's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
627
Posts

 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
exactly. its not as if the game cannot handle all of those options. the more the better.

also, there should be on the HUD a strength/mental strength meter for the driver in the pit so you can monitor his progress as well. It would also be nice to get driver data/facts after the race. Average speed, no. of pit stops, no. of passes, fastest lap/slowest lap, etc. CMON PD, pull your shit together!
__________________
E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #105
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

Wow, so there's no setting to auto pit when the car's gas tank is close to empty?

Has anyone successfully left their PS3 alone successfully while running a 4+ hour endurance race? If so, what were the auto pit settings, # of drivers, driver levels, etc?

I'll have to check out this GTplanet website...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #106
1trip5
Captain
1trip5's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
627
Posts

 
Drives: Emme Tres
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
the game will turn on pit when your fuel level runs too low. That being said, you will never run out of fuel if you leave the game unattended for any duration of time.

Unless your drivers are ranked so high that they gain enormous amounts of strength while out of car, you should leave the auto-pit strength setting "off" and monitor your position and strength levels yourself. HINT: If you pick a car that overpowers the competition, you can leave 1 driver in for the entire race. If he is running super cool, he wont make mistakes even if his strength has completely diminished.

I know for a fact that by the time my second driver has gone through his strength, my 1st driver has only regained maybe 20% of his initial strength. Then you spiral into a pit-every-lap mode. Also, both of my drivers are equal level (18).
__________________
E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #107
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,873
Posts

 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

iTrader: (8)

I still have not figured out how to make another driver. Do you have to retire your first driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
the game will turn on pit when your fuel level runs too low. That being said, you will never run out of fuel if you leave the game unattended for any duration of time.

Unless your drivers are ranked so high that they gain enormous amounts of strength while out of car, you should leave the auto-pit strength setting "off" and monitor your position and strength levels yourself. HINT: If you pick a car that overpowers the competition, you can leave 1 driver in for the entire race. If he is running super cool, he wont make mistakes even if his strength has completely diminished.

I know for a fact that by the time my second driver has gone through his strength, my 1st driver has only regained maybe 20% of his initial strength. Then you spiral into a pit-every-lap mode. Also, both of my drivers are equal level (18).
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #108
- Paul -
Major General
- Paul -'s Avatar
England
179
Rep
7,274
Posts

 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
As you level up in B spec - it gives you teh chance to add another ai driver.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #109
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
You can add one Driver for each 5 level up in B-Spec...
now i'm at level 17 and can have up to 4 drivers...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #110
.:bHd:.
Major
.:bHd:.'s Avatar
Armenia
70
Rep
1,149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Finally beat the FGT Championship. Not fun at all. 20 laps a race is way too much. I got first place in 4 of the races. 4th place in Monaco. Didn't even try to do Suzuka since I had enough points to win the championship.
__________________

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST