BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Alpine HID
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
matrocks
New Member
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Maser Gt Or M3 E92

Hey Folks, im owner of e46 than after e60, and right now thinking of changing to M3 E92...but having to see maserGT zooming down e road occasionally,its really a sexy car as well.. im really tempted to deflect...anyone here owns or testdrove both of em before? need your comments . Btw, i dont track
matrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
 
Drives: 335i E93 750Li
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton Florida

Posts: 3,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrocks View Post
Hey Folks, im owner of e46 than after e60, and right now thinking of changing to M3 E92...but having to see maserGT zooming down e road occasionally,its really a sexy car as well.. im really tempted to deflect...anyone here owns or testdrove both of em before? need your comments . Btw, i dont track
I have a similar dillema. I can't decide whether I should spend my vacation at the Ritz Carlton in Paris or the Holiday Inn in Newark, New Jersey.

CA
__________________

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center
Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
The Glen Club - Sports Car Club of America
captainaudio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
onefastman
Major General
 
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Earth

Posts: 5,698
iTrader: (15)

Maserati. Its sexy!
__________________
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
onefastman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
shchow
Second Lieutenant
 
shchow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CTS-V sedan, black raven
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hainesport, New Jersey

Posts: 294
iTrader: (0)

Interesting comparison that you would throw the M3 in there...
I would have thought either the Granturismo or a Porsche GT3/Turbo, since these cars are in the same ballpark cost wise...
__________________
Current rides: 2010 CTS-V sedan, black raven; 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV, black raven
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 M5, metallic sapphire black, SMG; 2004 645ci, metallic sapphire black, SMG
shchow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
AMOCHOSTO
Major
 
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Faster------------------->M3
Nicer sound------------->Maserati
Better looking----------->Maserati
Much more expensive--->Maserati

So are you go or show?

Everytime I see a Maserati GT I see a poser driving it who never shifts out of second gear so he can make a lot of (beautiful) noise, I always say to myself "I got a better all round car for less money and I can blow you away at the stoplight or on the track."

Sorry to be blunt and I do like the Maser very much, but you asked for opinions.
__________________
E90 Interlagos Blue, (Winter Beater) Bamboo Beige, M-Drive, EDC, PDC, USB 6MT.
Mods to date; Curb rash, Scraped front spoiler, Installed RAC Monolite RG63 Silver
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (ROW)

AMOCHOSTO is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 14,954
iTrader: (4)

so the M3 is faster then the mas? i was curious about this, we have a customer who has a brand new mas GT and when i drove it, it felt hell of a lot faster but i guess its not. good to know. thanks
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Our Parts Store--> http://www.bmwpartspros.com
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
Mahmood07
Captain
 
Mahmood07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boston->San Diego->Bahrain

Posts: 808
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
Faster------------------->M3
Nicer sound------------->Maserati
Better looking----------->Maserati
Much more expensive--->Maserati

So are you go or show?

Everytime I see a Maserati GT I see a poser driving it who never shifts out of second gear so he can make a lot of (beautiful) noise, I always say to myself "I got a better all round car for less money and I can blow you away at the stoplight or on the track."

Sorry to be blunt, I do like the Maser, but you asked for opinions.
hit the nail right on the head! I test drove one a few months ago (not the S), and it is sexy. The interior i felt was a bit cheap. It was like a cheap version of a ferrari with all the bright red leather. Performance and fun factor goes to the M3 hands down. So its all about: you want to look good vs. having more fun driving
__________________
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Mahmood07 is offline   Bahrain
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #8
AMOCHOSTO
Major
 
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
so the M3 is faster then the mas? i was curious about this, we have a customer who has a brand new mas GT and when i drove it, it felt hell of a lot faster but i guess its not. good to know. thanks
Road tests I've seen have said so, but maybe the Maser is real world faster, more low rev torque? I've neve driven one, so I'm relying on the press.
__________________
E90 Interlagos Blue, (Winter Beater) Bamboo Beige, M-Drive, EDC, PDC, USB 6MT.
Mods to date; Curb rash, Scraped front spoiler, Installed RAC Monolite RG63 Silver
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (ROW)

AMOCHOSTO is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
 
Drives: 335i E93 750Li
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton Florida

Posts: 3,215
iTrader: (0)

So now we have the "people who don't like the M3 are jealous haters who can't afford one" crowd telling us about how they got a better all around car for less money.

They are both great cars that and they appeal to different market segments and are rarely cross shopped.

The claims that the Maserati has a cheap interior are ludricous. I have no issue with the M3 interior but it is not remotely in the same league as the Maserati.

The M3 is very likely a faster track car but the Maserati is not being marketed as a track car. It is a luxury GT.

CA
__________________

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center
Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
The Glen Club - Sports Car Club of America

Last edited by captainaudio; 12-14-2010 at 11:47 PM.
captainaudio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #10
henryyxyu
Lieutenant
 
Drives: AW E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 551
iTrader: (0)

My family owns both and I think they are both fantastic cars. I haven't had much seat time in the Maser, but everything about it seems amazing. I think the interior quality is ok.. its not exceptionally great but its not too shabby either. My dad gets most of the seat time in the Maser and he actually prefers my car (E90 M3) more than the Maser. He got the GT version and he complains about the lack of feel that the car provides.. so if the budget allows, get the Maser GTS? Its hard to describe what he means since I haven't driven it before first hand, but sitting in the passenger seat, it does seem more like a refined GT car than a performance car.

If you plan on selling the car anyway, get the Maser. If you plan on keeping it, get the M3. Upkeep and maintenance on the Maser would probably kill you in the long run x.x.
henryyxyu is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #11
matrocks
New Member
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shchow View Post
Interesting comparison that you would throw the M3 in there...
I would have thought either the Granturismo or a Porsche GT3/Turbo, since these cars are in the same ballpark cost wise...
price of maserGT is no where near porky GT3 or turbo ,seriously u cannot compare them. If same , turbo will be the way to go ( no brainer) .
THe reason im askin is therz a 2nd hand MaserGT with 5k mileage, going around 15,000usd more than a brand new m3.....so....u noe...
matrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #12
matrocks
New Member
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
So now we have the "people who don't like the M3 are jealous haters who can't afford one" crowd telling us about how they got a better all around car for less money.

They are both great cars that and they appeal to different market segments and are rarely cross shopped.

The claims that the Maserati has a cheap interior are ludricous. I have no issue with the M3 interior but it is not remotely in the same league as the Maserati.

The M3 is very likely a faster track car but the Maserati is not being marketed as a track car. It is a luxury GT.

CA
+1
matrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #13
matrocks
New Member
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
hit the nail right on the head! I test drove one a few months ago (not the S), and it is sexy. The interior i felt was a bit cheap. It was like a cheap version of a ferrari with all the bright red leather. Performance and fun factor goes to the M3 hands down. So its all about: you want to look good vs. having more fun driving
well...its always the case isnt it ? juz cant find the balance...
matrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
matrocks
New Member
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
Faster------------------->M3
Nicer sound------------->Maserati
Better looking----------->Maserati
Much more expensive--->Maserati

So are you go or show?

Everytime I see a Maserati GT I see a poser driving it who never shifts out of second gear so he can make a lot of (beautiful) noise, I always say to myself "I got a better all round car for less money and I can blow you away at the stoplight or on the track."

Sorry to be blunt and I do like the Maser very much, but you asked for opinions.
from the way u said, it seems u wld join the poser if ur pocket is deep enuf
matrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:26 AM   #15
AMOCHOSTO
Major
 
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrocks View Post
from the way u said, it seems u wld join the poser if ur pocket is deep enuf
Read what I said. I said I like the Maser, but folks who drive those things in Toronto are posers who drive in gridlock in first gear to make lots of noise then I said I'm happy with my car vis-a-vis the Maser.

By the way, you have no idea how deep my pocket is. As for me wanting to be a poser, I want to own a Ferrari one day so I guess you are right, but I think I'd take it to the track on weekends so that's kind of a mid range rather than total poser no?

But I did say are you go or show? Which I guess could be considered an insult so I'm sorry for that, no wrong decisions in this contest IMO, but the M3 is the right decision for me.
__________________
E90 Interlagos Blue, (Winter Beater) Bamboo Beige, M-Drive, EDC, PDC, USB 6MT.
Mods to date; Curb rash, Scraped front spoiler, Installed RAC Monolite RG63 Silver
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (ROW)


Last edited by AMOCHOSTO; 12-15-2010 at 12:31 AM.
AMOCHOSTO is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #16
richardbb85
Major
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: annandale, va

Posts: 1,459
iTrader: (0)

my pocket is deeper than urs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
2011 E92 Space Grey/black + Tech + Premi + Heated Seats
richardbb85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #17
matrocks
New Member
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
Read what I said. I said I like the Maser, but folks who drive those things in Toronto are posers who drive in gridlock in first gear to make lots of noise then I said I'm happy with my car vis-a-vis the Maser.

By the way, you have no idea how deep my pocket is. As for me wanting to be a poser, I want to own a Ferrari one day so I guess you are right, but I think I'd take it to the track on weekends so that's kind of a mid range rather than total poser no?

But I did say are you go or show? Which I guess could be considered an insult so I'm sorry for that, no wrong decisions in this contest IMO, but the M3 is the right decision for me.
sorry i hurt u feelings...my joke was lame...i take it back yea?
noted your opinion . thanks alot !
matrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #18
AMOCHOSTO
Major
 
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
my pocket is deeper than urs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probly
__________________
E90 Interlagos Blue, (Winter Beater) Bamboo Beige, M-Drive, EDC, PDC, USB 6MT.
Mods to date; Curb rash, Scraped front spoiler, Installed RAC Monolite RG63 Silver
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (ROW)

AMOCHOSTO is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #19
AMOCHOSTO
Major
 
AMOCHOSTO's Avatar
 
Drives: IB BB E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto.

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrocks View Post
sorry i hurt u feelings...my joke was lame...i take it back yea?
noted your opinion . thanks alot !
I guess I'm too tired, time for bed, to lick my wounds.
__________________
E90 Interlagos Blue, (Winter Beater) Bamboo Beige, M-Drive, EDC, PDC, USB 6MT.
Mods to date; Curb rash, Scraped front spoiler, Installed RAC Monolite RG63 Silver
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (ROW)

AMOCHOSTO is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 02:54 AM   #20
brava09
Captain
 
Drives: '11 Audi RS5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Europe

Posts: 694
iTrader: (0)

I drove Maser GT. Performance wise is on par with 335i stock.

Look wise different story....
__________________
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
brava09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 03:22 AM   #21
matrocks
New Member
 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: singapore

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
I drove Maser GT. Performance wise is on par with 335i stock.

Look wise different story....
V8 + 1.9ton body = Slow
matrocks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2010, 03:26 AM   #22
TommyK
Brigadier General
 
TommyK's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 3,326
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i LCI  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to TommyK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
hit the nail right on the head! I test drove one a few months ago (not the S), and it is sexy. The interior i felt was a bit cheap. It was like a cheap version of a ferrari with all the bright red leather. Performance and fun factor goes to the M3 hands down. So its all about: you want to look good vs. having more fun driving
i agree completely with that comparison. The Maserati V8 has all ways sounded amazing but the M3 is much more of a drivers car. I could only see my self in a Maserati if i was taking my golf clubs to the club and parking it in the parking lot and looking at it. beyond that I think the M3 has a lot more going for it as it has more of a complete package and is very well rounded.
TommyK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST