BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GT Haus

02-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #23
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
If you believe that George W. Bush wants to wipe Iraq, Iran, or Korea off the face of the Earth, answer me one question - Why are they still here?

There is absolutely NOTHING stopping the President from doing just that.
Actually, as I stated in another thread...without a total wipe-out...we have no chance in either one....
      02-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #24
mike138
Private First Class

Drives: 335i (c)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Actually, as I stated in another thread...without a total wipe-out...we have no chance in either one....
we one more time!!

i do hate that enter key

Last edited by mike138; 02-09-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: forgot a f#ckin e
      02-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #25
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
I am Jewish and have a lot of Iranian friends, they are all mostly great people and HATE Iran, most grew up there and despise and don't even consider themselves Iranian. They consider themselves of Persian origin but do no associate themselves with any modern culture associated with the state.
hating your own country is wrong...
Hating your own government is your choice (at least it should be in a true democracy)
      02-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #26
mike138
Private First Class

Drives: 335i (c)

doc (dr325i) have you said where you come from yet ....... just wondering

i do hate that enter key
      02-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #27
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike138 View Post
doc (dr325i) have you said where you come from yet ....... just wondering
Many times...
ANyway...aren't you the one freaking out a few days ago and in the middle of some battle...telling us how bad it is...
But then, all of the sudden you'r constantly on-line?
Are you hiding at Starbucks in Baghdad or something?
      02-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #28
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by snawaz View Post
Not like america, the only country to have actually used nuclear bombs- twice.
The use of which saved countless (hundreds of) thousands of lives.
Quote:
On the other hand, we do see the Western governmet publically stating the intention to wipe off three sovereign states -- Iraq, Iran, NK (Axis of Evil). One's down...too late for the other two...
The US doesn't want to wipe anyone off the face of the map. Iran supports genocide, as do many radical elements of Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      02-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #29
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Hello. If this is news to you then the Israeli/American propaganda machine has well and truly done its job.
To cut a long story short, the British and French took over Palestine by force and then handed it to the zionist israelis. You will find a lot of true practicing Jews are also againist the zionist israeli state as they believe they were exhiled from Israel as a punishment from God and would only be allowed to return under certain conditions which have not been met.
However, as Christians and muslims alike believe armagedon cannot take place without there being Jews in the land of Palestine. So as you can see we are in a catch 22.
Are you claiming that the Ottoman Empire is still the legitimate sovereign power in the region? That is who the British defeated to gain control over it.

You sir, are the victim of propaganda here. The State of Israel is as legitimate a state as any other nation in the world.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      02-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #30
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
The use of which saved countless (hundreds of) thousands of lives.
PROPAGANDA!
From who -- Japan against the rest of the world??? Give me a break please. Japan was so weak at that point, Arkansas would have defeated it...
All I know is that 250k INNOCENT people vanished in 10 sec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
The US doesn't want to wipe anyone off the face of the map. Iran supports genocide, as do many radical elements of Islam.
Now it is the genocide, too...
Are we already getting prepared for the next move here by the media???
What a load of crap....
      02-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #31
shipill
Major

Drives: E350 Coupe

Quote:
I am Jewish and have a lot of Iranian friends, they are all mostly great people and HATE Iran, most grew up there and despise and don't even consider themselves Iranian. They consider themselves of Persian origin but do no associate themselves with any modern culture associated with the state.

We dont hate our country !!! WE HATE OUR GOVERNMENT
shipill is offline   Canada
      02-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #32
snawaz
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 335d Msport

Quote:
Are you claiming that the Ottoman Empire is still the legitimate sovereign power in the region? That is who the British defeated to gain control over it.

You sir, are the victim of propaganda here. The State of Israel is as legitimate a state as any other nation in the world.
I like this argument. You say the state of israel is as legitimate a state as any other nation in the world. I would say as legitimate a state as america is. Or say the state of california is. How fortuitous that the europeans discovered the land of the americas. A so called discovered land that was already inhabited by the "red indians" and the incas. How you distort history my friend.
      02-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #33
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
I like this argument. You say the state of israel is as legitimate a state as any other nation in the world. I would say as legitimate a state as america is. Or say the state of california is. How fortuitous that the europeans discovered the land of the americas. A so called discovered land that was already inhabited by the "red indians" and the incas. How you distort history my friend.
Could you name for me a nation where the current dominant ethnic group has always ruled?

Do you believe that the American Indian tribes that controlled areas at the time of the European settlement were the first tribes to settle the area or do you think they conquered it from another tribe? Do you doubt that the Inca and Aztec Empires were built on conquests of other peoples?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      02-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #34
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Now it is the genocide, too...
Are we already getting prepared for the next move here by the media???
What a load of crap....
Quote:
Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement.
Alternate translations exist but they all have the same gist.

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      02-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #35
enwhykiid
Captain

Drives: '06 titanium 330XI

i couldnt care if u were from botswana or bhutan or anywhere else for that matter, i would treat a person the same way

ps persian girls are sexxy
      02-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #36
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
PROPAGANDA!
From who -- Japan against the rest of the world??? Give me a break please. Japan was so weak at that point, Arkansas would have defeated it...
All I know is that 250k INNOCENT people vanished in 10 sec.
Why do you continue to make exaggerated statements that just confirm your ignorance of history?

Study the Battle of Okinawa and then come back and talk about how weak the Japanese were.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      02-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #37
snawaz
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 335d Msport

Quote:
Could you name for me a nation where the current dominant ethnic group has always ruled?

Do you believe that the American Indian tribes that controlled areas at the time of the European settlement were the first tribes to settle the area or do you think they conquered it from another tribe? Do you doubt that the Inca and Aztec Empires were built on conquests of other peoples?
So its ok then to take over a country belonging to others and called it your own.

I like how you talk about european settlers and not ethnic cleansing. Remember how america had to be rid of the indian savages!
You say the american indians controlled areas of america. The majority of america as it stands today is unpopulated, how would your government react if someone powerful enough came in and "settled" (as you put it) on those unpopulated areas. Would your government call them settlers? I think not? Knowing George Dubya he'd probably call them "the wrongdoers", and then go on to anihilate them.
      02-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #38
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Why do you continue to make exaggerated statements that just confirm your ignorance of history?

Study the Battle of Okinawa and then come back and talk about how weak the Japanese were.
Nothing to study there...been there seen the ground zero...talked to my sales rep's parents... Going back there in a week...you want me to take some photos for you or get you any books?

Anyway, the history is clear...Germany was completely defeated. Italy chicken'd out in May of 1945. Japan against the whole World... Cowboy has the WMD. Cowboy orders them to do what we want. They did not. Cowboy kills 1/4 million in an instant then tells us the famous line -- this way we saved millions...

The sad story is that many people bought that line...which is a load of nonsense...
      02-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #39
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
So its ok then to take over a country belonging to others and called it your own.

I like how you talk about european settlers and not ethnic cleansing. Remember how america had to be rid of the indian savages!
You say the american indians controlled areas of america. The majority of america as it stands today is unpopulated, how would your government react if someone powerful enough came in and "settled" (as you put it) on those unpopulated areas. Would your government call them settlers? I think not? Knowing George Dubya he'd probably call them "the wrongdoers", and then go on to anihilate them.
I guess he's completely OK if the settlers from Cuba simply decide to take south Florida away from the USA and call it lets say a Demcratic Republic of Cuba. I mean -- 80%+ of south florida does not speak or write in English, so what's the problem?
      02-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #40
imolazhp_ci
Major

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
I guess he's completely OK if the settlers from Cuba simply decide to take south Florida away from the USA and call it lets say a Demcratic Republic of Cuba. I mean -- 80%+ of south florida does not speak or write in English, so what's the problem?
that's not the point. the fact of the matter is the most powerful wins, when whatever arab nations wants to try and take power away from israel....let them. which will never happen. i mean... honestly, who wins a 4+ front war.... they are obviously doing something right. they have the best airforce in the world, they train the best pilots in the USA. you have to understand, israel will never lose... because they CAN'T lose, the land is ALL they have... without that small little piece of land, they have nothing. the arabs have 100 other places to go. palestine? there is NO palestine.... there are no palestinians... i'm not here to give a history lesson but look at the geneology. palestinians are nothing more than displaced jordanians.
      02-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #41
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
that's not the point. the fact of the matter is the most powerful wins, when whatever arab nations wants to try and take power away from israel....let them. which will never happen. i mean... honestly, who wins a 4+ front war.... they are obviously doing something right. they have the best airforce in the world, they train the best pilots in the USA. you have to understand, israel will never lose... because they CAN'T lose, the land is ALL they have... without that small little piece of land, they have nothing. the arabs have 100 other places to go. palestine? there is NO palestine.... there are no palestinians... i'm not here to give a history lesson but look at the geneology. palestinians are nothing more than displaced jordanians.
I did not say I am for Israel or for Palestine or Egypt or Syria... That thing over there is over my head...
All I said that "settlers" comment makes no sense because we have too many of those in this country and we all know what would happen...if they try what Albanians (for example) did in Serbia that the USA supported them.

So, yes, the most powerful wins, justice does not matter... that is why one day (sooner or later) we're all just going to kill each other...
      02-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #42
imolazhp_ci
Major

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
I did not say I am for Israel or for Palestine or Egypt or Syria... That thing over there is over my head...
All I said that "settlers" comment makes no sense because we have too many of those in this country and we all know what would happen...if they try what Albanians (for example) did in Serbia that the USA supported them.

So, yes, the most powerful wins, justice does not matter... that is why one day (sooner or later) we're all just going to kill each other...
i agree. i didn't say it was right. i said it's just a matter of fact and there is no sense in arguing because human nature is to expand and prosper, and with so many different definitions, and basis, of prosperity, there is sure to be clashes.
      02-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #43
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Nothing to study there...been there seen the ground zero...talked to my sales rep's parents...
You're right, no need to learn any facts when you have anecdotes.

You are sad, I am embarrassed to say we scored the same on the LSAT.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      02-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #44
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Anyway, the history is clear...Germany was completely defeated. Italy chicken'd out in May of 1945. Japan against the whole World... Cowboy has the WMD. Cowboy orders them to do what we want. They did not. Cowboy kills 1/4 million in an instant then tells us the famous line -- this way we saved millions...

The sad story is that many people bought that line...which is a load of nonsense...
Please get your facts straight. First, 250k is a little high, according to Wikipedia it's 214k. Second, those people did not die "in an instant" they died in two separate bombings days apart and then for years afterward from the radiation.

Also, as ganeil said, look at the Battle of Okinawa as a smaller scale example of what an invasion of the Japanese mainland would have been like. 140k civilians (no military deaths included in that number) died in that battle alone, the same as were killed by the first atomic bomb. Now imagine more battles like that and it's not hard to see that the bombs saved more lives than they took.

Quote: