BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Race Precision Motorsport

02-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
shipill
Major

Drives: E350 Coupe

IRAN !!!!

Hi every one ,
as a Iranian I like to hear what you guys think of Iran and Iranian!

I am Iranian and I live in Canada , I love Canada so much (very safe country , nice People Actually more than nice !! )

but some people dont like Iranian , and they say bad things about us. I know that our government is fucked up but this is

not people's fault.

Lets Be Good to Each Other

cheers

Last edited by shipill; 03-13-2008 at 08:17 PM.
shipill is offline   Canada
      02-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipill View Post
Hi every one ,
as a Iranian I like to hear about Iran from you guys ?
I am Iranian and I live in Canada as a International Student and I love Canada so much (very safe , People are more than nice !! ) but sometimes I see some people when they find out I am Iranian They act like they dont like Persian(Iranian) , but the truth is our government is fucked up and that's not people's fault.
I just Wanna say lets be cool with eachother !!!
cheers
Hey there,
I am originally from Serbia, American citizen now...
I really do not judge people by their origin. And of course, most of the Governments are dirty (dirty politics), therefore, what matters is the way you are, not where you come from.

Cheers!
      02-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!

Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
salam.

i have nothing against iranians. im actually more used to saying persian. haha.

my best friend is persian and his family considers me an "honorary persian" its jsut funny becasue im vietnamese..lol..i try to speak farsi becasue his granma is over and i figured it would be easier for me to learn some farsi than her to learn some english...

anyway..

i agree that the political state of your country may not be at its best and i personally do not see it improving anytime soon, but the government of the country should not be reflected onto its people. i know that some of my friends as they travel through europe do get some harsh treatment becasue they are american.
      02-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
Iguy
Private First Class

Drives: 335i coupe

Hey Shipill, hope you enjoy your stay here in Canada! Your right, most people are very friendly here. If you ever encounter those who judge you because your Persian, then just don't associate with them. I have friends of varying ethnicities, and the Persians are really getting singled out in todays times. There will always be bigots and racists no matter where you go.
      02-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
shipill
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguy View Post
Hey Shipill, hope you enjoy your stay here in Canada! Your right, most people are very friendly here. If you ever encounter those who judge you because your Persian, then just don't associate with them. I have friends of varying ethnicities, and the Persians are really getting singled out in todays times. There will always be bigots and racists no matter where you go.
Thanks buddy , I really love Canada , and I am planing to stay here .
      02-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
Iguy
Private First Class

Drives: 335i coupe

Good for you! Get a passport before you head into the US
      02-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
shipill
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguy View Post
Good for you! Get a passport before you head into the US
Sure , I applied for Canadian passport !
      02-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
dr335is
Brigadier General

damn it, can I trade mine
      02-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #9
shipill
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
damn it, can I trade mine
Trade what ?
      02-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #10
Marven
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 E90 Sedan

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi every one ,
as a Iranian I like to hear from you guys about Iran ?
I am Iranian and I live in Canada as a International Student , I love Canada so much (very safe , People are more than nice !! ) but sometimes I see some people when they find out I am Iranian They act like they dont like Persian(Iranian) , but the truth is our government is fucked up and that's not people's fault. I just Wanna say lets be cool with eachother !!!
cheers
Hey Bro - glad to hear both statements..I must admit when I watch the news and stance of the Iranian government it is worrying..thx for reaching out!

BTW I am returning back to Toronto from VA in March...there is nothing like the folks of Toronto...

M.
      02-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #11
Juggs
Bavarian Motor Werks Fanatic

Drives: BMW 325i sport

salam! Trust me, im half iranian and i get BS for it all the time
Juggs is offline   United_States
      02-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #12
snawaz
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 335d Msport

Quote:
Hi every one ,
as a Iranian I like to hear from you guys about Iran ?
I am Iranian and I live in Canada as a International Student , I love Canada so much (very safe , People are more than nice !! ) but sometimes I see some people when they find out I am Iranian They act like they dont like Persian(Iranian) , but the truth is our government is fucked up and that's not people's fault.
I just Wanna say lets be cool with eachother !!!
cheers
I dont think you have anything to be ashamed of about your government. The western propaganda machine has obviously convinced you aswell that your goverment(iranian) is truly the axis of evil, whereas infact if you look at all the evils in the world you will find the american and british government have something to do with it. Its all about power mate.
If you get a chance go onto google video and watch "The Power of Nightmares". That will open your eyes and make you feel a little better about yourself and your government.
      02-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #13
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by snawaz View Post
I dont think you have anything to be ashamed of about your government. The western propaganda machine has obviously convinced you aswell that your goverment(iranian) is truly the axis of evil, whereas infact if you look at all the evils in the world you will find the american and british government have something to do with it. Its all about power mate.
If you get a chance go onto google video and watch "The Power of Nightmares". That will open your eyes and make you feel a little better about yourself and your government.

Well said!

The best is (IF YOU CAN) to leave the politics out of your life. In Canada, it is maybe possible. In the US -- hell no -- Bush made it the mandatory part of our lives...
      02-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #14
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
I agree that all governments do things that are wrong, but you don't see any western governments publically stating their desire to wipe Israel off the face of the map and denying the Holocaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      02-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #15
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
I agree that all governments do things that are wrong, but you don't see any western governments publically stating their desire to wipe Israel off the face of the map and denying the Holocaust.
On the other hand, we do see the Western governmet publically stating the intention to wipe off three sovereign states -- Iraq, Iran, NK (Axis of Evil). One's down...too late for the other two...
      02-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #16
snawaz
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
No instead they support the illegal state of israel as they go about wiping the indigenous people of that land. Something they are experts in, as we can see in the case of the poor indigenous americans (the so called red indians). What a dirty and injust world we live in, full of greed, deceit and treachery.
      02-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #17
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
No instead they support the illegal state of israel as they go about wiping the indigenous people of that land. Something they are experts in, as we can see in the case of the poor indigenous americans (the so called red indians). What a dirty and injust world we live in, full of greed, deceit and treachery.
Could you educate me on how Israel is an illegal state?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      02-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #18
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
On the other hand, we do see the Western governmet publically stating the intention to wipe off three sovereign states -- Iraq, Iran, NK (Axis of Evil). One's down...too late for the other two...
If you believe that George W. Bush wants to wipe Iraq, Iran, or Korea off the face of the Earth, answer me one question - Why are they still here?

There is absolutely NOTHING stopping the President from doing just that.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      02-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #19
snawaz
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Could you educate me on how Israel is an illegal state?
Hello. If this is news to you then the Israeli/American propaganda machine has well and truly done its job.
To cut a long story short, the British and French took over Palestine by force and then handed it to the zionist israelis. You will find a lot of true practicing Jews are also againist the zionist israeli state as they believe they were exhiled from Israel as a punishment from God and would only be allowed to return under certain conditions which have not been met.
However, as Christians and muslims alike believe armagedon cannot take place without there being Jews in the land of Palestine. So as you can see we are in a catch 22.
      02-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #20
imolazhp_ci
Major

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

I am Jewish and have a lot of Iranian friends, they are all mostly great people and HATE Iran, most grew up there and despise and don't even consider themselves Iranian. They consider themselves of Persian origin but do no associate themselves with any modern culture associated with the state.
      02-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #21
snawaz
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
I am Jewish and have a lot of Iranian friends, they are all mostly great people and HATE Iran, most grew up there and despise and don't even consider themselves Iranian. They consider themselves of Persian origin but do no associate themselves with any modern culture associated with the state.
I would say they hate the fact that in their country they do not have the same freedoms we have in the western countries. Unfortunately the Western countries have no intentions of allowing these same freedoms to the poor people of iran. It is only a matter of time before the state of israel or america stop President Ahmedinajad in his tracks. "How dare this muslim have the aspiration to attain nuclear power, they would not be able to control themselves with such power at their disposal." Not like america, the only country to have actually used nuclear bombs- twice.
      02-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #22
imolazhp_ci
Major

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
I would say they hate the fact that in their country they do not have the same freedoms we have in the western countries. Unfortunately the Western countries have no intentions of allowing these same freedoms to the poor people of iran. It is only a matter of time before the state of israel or america stop President Ahmedinajad in his tracks. "How dare this muslim have the aspiration to attain nuclear power, they would not be able to control themselves with such power at their disposal." Not like america, the only country to have actually used nuclear bombs- twice.
i would say you are wrong, since i KNOW them. and you are in another country and have never met them. dude, you are bordering radical. lucky you are in the UK where people can get away with that shit.