BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
MRSSIIM3
General
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,322
Posts

Drives: M4 SO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (5)

First Exterior Mods?

Hey everyone, still waiting on my M3. Should come in a few weeks.

My sales advisor told me that I could order 'OEM Performance Parts' through the dealer and if they install them before the car arrives, the cost of these would go into my monthly payment. Wondering what I should do.

Car is silverstone metallic with the silver/black/ interior with the CF roof and ZCP.

That said, I am going with that new carbon fiber spoiler, the carbon fiber mirror caps and carbon fiber front splitters.

However, should I keep the theme of CF going by getting aftermarket CF front kidney grilles? Or should I go with the OEM Black Kidney Grilles? I'm leaning towards the Black Kidney Grilles but just want some thoughts on this.

Next, what are everyones thoughts on the black side grilles on the 'Edition' M3s? I'm thinking about replacing the stock chrome side grilles (on the fenders) with the black ones from the Edition M3.

Finally, I want to replace the stock chrome exhaust tips with Black ones from the M3 GTS.

I'm not asking anyone to flame me or anything, just want to know peoples thoughts on what I'm thinking of modding.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Maseroche
Major
Maseroche's Avatar
Bahrain
15
Rep
1,402
Posts

Drives: '08 BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bahrain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
You're on the right track as far as going with the OEM performance front splitters, mirror caps and rear spoiler. I would do the OEM Black kidneys and sides as well. Exhaust tips are also a great idea, one that I had also done and it does make a difference.
__________________
Khalid
'08 BMW M3


Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
MRSSIIM3
General
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,322
Posts

Drives: M4 SO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseroche View Post
You're on the right track as far as going with the OEM performance front splitters, mirror caps and rear spoiler. I would do the OEM Black kidneys and sides as well. Exhaust tips are also a great idea, one that I had also done and it does make a difference.
thanks!! just what i wanted to hear
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
jonasaurus's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
3,151
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

If you're going edition side gills perhaps match the front with with edition kidneys and edition exhaust tail pipes!
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
MRSSIIM3
General
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,322
Posts

Drives: M4 SO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
If you're going edition side gills perhaps match the front with with edition kidneys and edition exhaust tail pipes!
by 'black' thats what i meant

edition everything on this car hahaha
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #6
Alex1911
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: M3 Sedan 2011
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Get the Edition grills/gills, they are worth the price of admission IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 03:58 AM   #7
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
4,957
Posts

Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1911 View Post
Get the Edition grills/gills, they are worth the price of admission IMHO.
1 have them..love them.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
2,922
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Don't forget to get rid of the orange markers....

I've also added the CF Hood Vents to match the roof.....
__________________
Retired: 2011 E92 M3 AW w/ Silver Novillo ZCP, ZTP, ZPP, 494, 6FL, 507, 302 & 415.....ED April 29th, 2010
Retired: 2007 E92 335i -Space Gray, Black Leatherette + Alum, Nav, ZCW, ZSP, PDC, CA & Sunshade.....ED Oct 19th, 2006
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
klammer
Brigadier General
43
Rep
3,245
Posts

Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

iTrader: (0)

agreed, have space gray with all cf accents and love it, go big or go home
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
MRSSIIM3
General
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,322
Posts

Drives: M4 SO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (5)

by dilema is that im not getting ALL carbon fiber accents. im getting a mix of black and cf accents. thats whats worrying me. should i get CF hood vents to match the roof? or black hood vents to match my theme of 'Edition' and 'M3GTS' m3s?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
wchow16
Private First Class
wchow16's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (3)

IMO Carbon is over done. Go with the gloss black hood vents (IND sells them - OEM parts painted). I went with the edition grill, gills, exhaust tips, IND hood vents, black M frame and gloss black M3 badge (IND as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamama3 View Post
by dilema is that im not getting ALL carbon fiber accents. im getting a mix of black and cf accents. thats whats worrying me. should i get CF hood vents to match the roof? or black hood vents to match my theme of 'Edition' and 'M3GTS' m3s?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #12
MRSSIIM3
General
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,322
Posts

Drives: M4 SO
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchow16 View Post
IMO Carbon is over done. Go with the gloss black hood vents (IND sells them - OEM parts painted). I went with the edition grill, gills, exhaust tips, IND hood vents, black M frame and gloss black M3 badge (IND as well).
can you point me in the direction of getting in contact with IND's stuff?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
wchow16
Private First Class
wchow16's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamama3 View Post
can you point me in the direction of getting in contact with IND's stuff?
Pm Nate. He has many posts in the vendor section. You can pick up painted reflectors too. Here is the link to there website.


http://http://parts.ind-distribution.com
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
wchow16
Private First Class
wchow16's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (3)

By the way the painted hood vents are not on their website. I had to request for them..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #15
J BONE
The Boss
J BONE's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,886
Posts

Drives: '13 F10 535xi, '15 F15 X5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wchow16 View Post
Pm Nate. He has many posts in the vendor section. You can pick up painted reflectors too. Here is the link to there website.


http://http://parts.ind-distribution.com
Def give Nate a call, great guy and awesome customer service. They have packages that will fit what you are looking to do and save you some money. I picked up some painted refelctors from him and the paint was a perfect match. Very happy
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
MantoM3
Private
2
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NAPLES

iTrader: (0)

I am new to the sight and just love the challenge trunk lid however by the looks of it you have to have them painted is this correct ?

thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #17
klammer
Brigadier General
43
Rep
3,245
Posts

Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantoM3 View Post
I am new to the sight and just love the challenge trunk lid however by the looks of it you have to have them painted is this correct ?

thanks in advance!
yep, i've got the challenge race trunk and have to paint it
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST