BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
NPM3
New Member
1
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (2)

Got a 3 point ticket for making an improper left turn last night

On my way home to NJ from NYC last night, I received a ticket for making an improper left turn at the first traffic light after exiting the Holland tunnel. They put up the no left turn sign a month ago according to the officer who gave me the ticket. The ticket is only $85 but carries a 3 point penalty.

Do you think my insurance will increase for this type of traffic ticket? Should I go the court? Or should I hire a lawyer for this? I have a clean driving record if this matters...any comment is appreciated. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
shamoo
Captain
17
Rep
747
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SoCal (Irvine & LA)

iTrader: (1)

If the ticket has points, it will most likely increase your insurance premiums.

I would call your insurance and ask. It really depends. Some of them won't raise premiums until a certain point number is reached (say...4), some raise them immediately. You never know until you call.

In any case, I would definitely go to court. Probably don't need a lawyer for this one. Just inform the prosecutor that you have a clean record and would like his help to get this down to 0 points. Your fine will likely go up, however.
__________________
2008 E92 M3 | 2007 Honda S2000 | 2001 Honda S2000 | 1997 Turbo Integra
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
ilidon
Corporal
ilidon's Avatar
Philippines
10
Rep
968
Posts

 
Drives: E92 ///M
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: L.I., NY

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 335i  [3.50]
happened to me in bowery st. a few months ago with 3 points as well. no change with my premium after.
__________________
2010 E92 ///M3 AW/FRE
2009 E92 335i- SOLD

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
JDy80
Captain
JDy80's Avatar
China
28
Rep
778
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, NY

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to JDy80
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
If the ticket has points, it will most likely increase your insurance premiums.

I would call your insurance and ask. It really depends. Some of them won't raise premiums until a certain point number is reached (say...4), some raise them immediately. You never know until you call.

In any case, I would definitely go to court. Probably don't need a lawyer for this one. Just inform the prosecutor that you have a clean record and would like his help to get this down to 0 points. Your fine will likely go up, however.
Yea, most likely you can get away with no points, just higher fines. Money is really what they are after with the city's deficit and all. It's going to be grandma driving in the city from here on in for me.
__________________


2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
jc9527
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
41
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: nyc

iTrader: (2)

jeffery levine

212 269 3997

he's the best trust me. give him a call
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
NPM3
New Member
1
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (2)

thanks everyone for the help. i went to the court myself. got the points waived but there was a price to pay and the price was $390.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPM3 View Post
On my way home to NJ from NYC last night, I received a ticket for making an improper left turn at the first traffic light after exiting the Holland tunnel. They put up the no left turn sign a month ago according to the officer who gave me the ticket. The ticket is only $85 but carries a 3 point penalty.

Do you think my insurance will increase for this type of traffic ticket? Should I go the court? Or should I hire a lawyer for this? I have a clean driving record if this matters...any comment is appreciated. Thank you.
just watch it.. once the points are access it doesnt take long to accumulate them
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
JDy80
Captain
JDy80's Avatar
China
28
Rep
778
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, NY

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to JDy80
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPM3 View Post
thanks everyone for the help. i went to the court myself. got the points waived but there was a price to pay and the price was $390.
You went to court already? When did you get your ticket? My court dates were set 8 months after I got my ticket. Congrats to getting your points getting waived. I have 2 speeding tickets I hired a lawyer to help me with. Hope he gets it waived too.
__________________


2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #9
romanvn106
Private
United_States
0
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: e93 m3, gs350
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn NY

iTrader: (0)

one word attorney
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST