BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

What to do?

I sold a blinder laser jammer to a guy in new york

he never requested insurance or ANYTHING like that

Fedex lost the package, and now he wants his money back

He went as far as filing a lawsuit in the new york court for 400 dollars

he says I have untill this Thursday to appear in court


This is completely insaine


What do I do?

Last edited by Hunter399; 02-05-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,037
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i dont think applies huh.... thats pretty shady... e90post roadtrip to NY to kick his ass...
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #3
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

lol
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
Bimmerista
Major General
 
Bimmerista's Avatar
 
Drives: superstock
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Posts: 5,698
iTrader: (0)

File in Court your story and proof of shipment - you sold and shipped, your terms are that your delivery obligations cease when product shipped.

You should win based on that - I say should bcs one never knows in small claims court...
__________________
__________________________
2012 335i, saphire black, coral red leather interior, sport line, sport suspension, 6mt, premium package
2011 Lincoln MKX, black on black, premium package - that's right! Techno-Groovy baby
Bimmerista is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

Hunter,

You can tell that to the Judge, and if you’re a minor than your parents would be responsible for your actions, which mean they would have to come up as well. This is where you learn to Cover Your Ass and Never Assume anything in regards to the signature. You have two choices

A) Reimburse me for the amount or
B) Explain what you just told me to the Judge

You have by 5:00pm on Thursday February 8th, 1007 to let me know what you want to do. Once I have these papers sent to the sheriff’s department, you will have to appear in court. If that happens, one of two things will happen.

A) You’ll win the case, but you’ll still have to appear in court with your parents in NYC and you’ll only have travel expenses or
B) You’ll lose the case, and you’ll be liable for the full amount plus your travel expenses

I have already filed the paperwork, which means I’m ready to go all the way. The choice is yours.

~R
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #6
18LLC
Major General
 
Drives: e89
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California

Posts: 5,079
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399 View Post
I sold a blinder laser jammer to a guy in new york

he never requested insurance or ANYTHING like that

Fedex lost the package, and now he wants his money back

He went as far as filing a lawsuit in the new york court for 400 dollars

he says I have untill this Thursday to appear in court


This is complete insaine


Whatt do I do?
$400? it must be small claim court. If that's small claim court, it must be appear in your area. Which means he have to fly to tx to claim his $400 bucks?

screen shot the fedex page and send it to him. tell him you are doing what you should do in your end, just need time to talk to fedex, and ask for his understanding. If he doesn't want to do it this way, let him come over, the worse case is you loss $400 in court. Since small claim court doesn't need lawyer, so you don't have to pay for that part. I believe fedex will cover at least some of your loss.
__________________
18LLC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #7
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista View Post
File in Court your story and proof of shipment - you sold and shipped, your terms are that your delivery obligations cease when product shipped.

You should win based on that - I say should bcs one never knows in small claims court...
I know, but how do i file without going to NYC?
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
The flying Dutchman
New Member
 
The flying Dutchman's Avatar
 
Drives: 525d \e61
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Netherlands

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Relax, go in court and behave to the judge.
If you have proof of shipping (i hope you have?) you have nothing te fear.

Doesn't have the shipper a standard insurance?

Good luck
The flying Dutchman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #9
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

I live in Houston, NYC is far away
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #10
Bimmerista
Major General
 
Bimmerista's Avatar
 
Drives: superstock
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Posts: 5,698
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399 View Post
I know, but how do i file without going to NYC?
You need to be served with the papers - you can actually ask your unsatisfied customer for them.

Then you will have the info on the court (where, district-address). You can prepare a written statement notarized and supporting documents and send them by messenger in court. In essence you will make your case in writing rather than go in person.
__________________
__________________________
2012 335i, saphire black, coral red leather interior, sport line, sport suspension, 6mt, premium package
2011 Lincoln MKX, black on black, premium package - that's right! Techno-Groovy baby
Bimmerista is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
18LLC
Major General
 
Drives: e89
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California

Posts: 5,079
iTrader: (0)

He suit you, he needs to go to tx, not you going to nyc.
__________________
18LLC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #12
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

I think we need to ask mrsilver about this...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,037
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
e90post lawyer... where art thou?
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #14
Ghunger
Major
 
Ghunger's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 1,025
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista View Post
You need to be served with the papers - you can actually ask your unsatisfied customer for them.

Then you will have the info on the court (where, district-address). You can prepare a written statement notarized and supporting documents and send them by messenger in court. In essence you will make your case in writing rather than go in person.
+1

To add, have you been served at all yet? In Washington you must be served the papers and he can't do that himself. Calling or email doesn't count. You must recieve the actual papers. NY may be similar. Like bimmerista said, The papers he sends you when he serves you should have all the info you need.
__________________

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Ghunger is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #15
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

To tell you the truth, I think all the things hes been sending me are fake

I will post them when I get home
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #16
darkcloud
Colonel
 
darkcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
He can't just mail you the papers Hunter. I serve process here in Ohio and most states are pretty much the same more or less. The documents would have to be sent to a process server in Houston which he would then have to attempt service on you. Once you're served you shouldn't technically have to appear in NYC court. You can call the courts and arrange where your documentation of shipping verification and all notes regarding the matter needs to be sent.

Cliffs; Don't do shit untill you have legal documents in your hands. He could in the end be bluffing trying to get you do send back the money, even though he fucked up not requestion shipping insurance. At most you MAY have to give a verbal deposition over the phone. They won't make you come all the way to NYC over $400.
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
darkcloud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #17
nmulax
Brigadier General
 
nmulax's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit

Posts: 4,323
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
Has Fed-Ex admitted to losing the package, or did he just say they lost it?

If it's the second, he may just be trying to scam you.

via the NY courts website:
"after your claim is filed, the Small Claims Court clerk will serve a notice of your claim by sending it to the defendant. The notice of claim tells the defendant when to appear in Small Claims Court, and includes a brief statement of your claim and the amount of money requested.
The notice of your claim will be sent to the defendant by certified mail and by ordinary first class mail. If the notice sent by ordinary first class mail is not returned by the post office within 21 days as undeliverable, the defendant is presumed to have received notice of your claim, even if the notice of claim sent by certified mail has not been delivered."

Basically don't do a thing till you hear from the courts.
__________________
nmulax is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #18
Bimmerista
Major General
 
Bimmerista's Avatar
 
Drives: superstock
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Posts: 5,698
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
He can't just mail you the papers Hunter. I serve process here in Ohio and most states are pretty much the same more or less. The documents would have to be sent to a process server in Houston which he would then have to attempt service on you. Once you're served you shouldn't technically have to appear in NYC court. You can call the courts and arrange where your documentation of shipping verification and all notes regarding the matter needs to be sent.

Cliffs; Don't do shit untill you have legal documents in your hands. He could in the end be bluffing trying to get you do send back the money, even though he fucked up not requestion shipping insurance. At most you MAY have to give a verbal deposition over the phone. They won't make you come all the way to NYC over $400.

Aha, listen to this man.
__________________
__________________________
2012 335i, saphire black, coral red leather interior, sport line, sport suspension, 6mt, premium package
2011 Lincoln MKX, black on black, premium package - that's right! Techno-Groovy baby
Bimmerista is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #19
BMW E90
Major General
 
BMW E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Around the Bay

Posts: 8,213
iTrader: (8)

I say you should just fly to NYC, counter-sue his ass and make a vacation out of it.
BMW E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #20
18LLC
Major General
 
Drives: e89
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California

Posts: 5,079
iTrader: (0)

according to small claims court home page:

"What if I don't have a contract, but the defendant owes me money?
File your case in the county where the defendant lived or where the defendant's business was located when you made the agreement. You can also file where the defendant lives or where the defendant's business is located now.

If you know the right court to use, click here for help filling out your forms."

isn't that means he needs to go to tx, not hunter go to nyc?
__________________
18LLC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #21
nmulax
Brigadier General
 
nmulax's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Metro-Detroit

Posts: 4,323
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LLC View Post
according to small claims court home page:

"What if I don't have a contract, but the defendant owes me money?
File your case in the county where the defendant lived or where the defendant's business was located when you made the agreement. You can also file where the defendant lives or where the defendant's business is located now.

If you know the right court to use, click here for help filling out your forms."

isn't that means he needs to go to tx, not hunter go to nyc?
correct
__________________
nmulax is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #22
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

I sent it to my dad, and he sent it to his lawyer, i cant wait to hear what he has to say

hah
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST