BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2010, 03:33 AM   #1
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SD/Bay Area

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

coldsores/herpes

Hey guys,

This is a serious post. I shared a drink with my friend about a week to 2 weeks ago. At the time we were rushing to get in the club so we just pre-gamed and drank straight from the bottle, with me taking the last swig right after my friend, who has major outbreaks (coldsores) every 2 weeks. At the time I totally forgot about the fact that he has this problem, and being the idiot that I was, I drank from the bottle without thinking about it (I had an open cut on my lip too). Currently, I am having coldsore outbreaks on my outer lip, I am fuckin' paranoid right now. I read somewhere that this Type 1 virus may transmit to other parts of the body, specifically the genital area. Can I give myself genital herpes (I wash my face prior to washing my body in the shower)? Sorry if this was poorly written, its 1:30 in the morning and I'm worrying like crazy. Any input would be much interested. Thanks.
BOOSTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
YellowFinger
Private
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HK

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

just dont suck your own dick and you will be fine..



on a more serious note, usually the Type 1 virus is also known as HPV Virus, the virus, in theory is transmittable to other body parts but it is heavily depended on the type of Herpes virus you have. I recommend you see a doc to find out.
YellowFinger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SD/Bay Area

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

man...being in college sucks. you're exposed to a countless number of diseases. I even caught the swine flu last year since everyone at my university had it.
BOOSTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 03:55 AM   #4
YellowFinger
Private
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HK

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

i'm in Hong Kong and didn't even catch the swine..

however when i was in san diego for college.. I did caught something quite wicked as well.
YellowFinger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #5
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
 
Drives: ????
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: los angeles

Posts: 558
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFinger View Post
just dont suck your own dick and you will be fine..



on a more serious note, usually the Type 1 virus is also known as HPV Virus, the virus, in theory is transmittable to other body parts but it is heavily depended on the type of Herpes virus you have. I recommend you see a doc to find out.
hpv and herpes are two completely different things.
Socale92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Fucking disgusting
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
 
headlee103's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA

Posts: 1,624
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [5.00]
You should be fine, dont worry about it... That is actually what brings herpes out alot, being stressed out and such.
headlee103 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

inb4 jaykay
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Well... you want the real answer?

HSV1 (herpes simplex virus 1) is considered to be a above the belt infection but can also occur below the belt but in a less mild form than HSV2.

Even when your friend doesn't have outbreaks hes still massively shedding viruses. If he has constant recrudescence its likely that he has straight up HSV1. Not your run of the mill random cold sore. The virus is likely latent within him and he has outbreaks often. He should be on antivirals.

The worse the initial outbreak the worse they tend to be in the future while a mild initial outbreak, not so much.

On the other hand, you can give your partner herpes while being in contact with her. Above the belt or below the belt. You can then have her transmit this back to you, above or below the belt.

Remember, just because you dont have sores doesn't mean you cant spread it. Its estimated that nearly 80% of herpes infections occur when there are no visible signs of an outbreak due to whats known as virus shedding.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

my above post was seconds before jaykays

man im good
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #11
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Lucky. I almost didn't add in the part about how hes going to give it to people when he doesn't have outbreaks.

OP, acyclovir. Antivirals. Talk to your Doc about getting on them if this is a recurring problem.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #12
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SD/Bay Area

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Well... you want the real answer?

HSV1 (herpes simplex virus 1) is considered to be a above the belt infection but can also occur below the belt but in a less mild form than HSV2.

Even when your friend doesn't have outbreaks hes still massively shedding viruses. If he has constant recrudescence its likely that he has straight up HSV1. Not your run of the mill random cold sore. The virus is likely latent within him and he has outbreaks often. He should be on antivirals.

The worse the initial outbreak the worse they tend to be in the future while a mild initial outbreak, not so much.

On the other hand, you can give your partner herpes while being in contact with her. Above the belt or below the belt. You can then have her transmit this back to you, above or below the belt.

Remember, just because you dont have sores doesn't mean you cant spread it. Its estimated that nearly 80% of herpes infections occur when there are no visible signs of an outbreak due to whats known as virus shedding.
Thanks, JayKay. So according to your post, basically self inoculation is highly unlikely? As in touching my cold sore then proceed to touch my penis won't do anything? I called an advice nurse but she didn't exactly have an answer so I'm waiting for a response from my doctor.
BOOSTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #13
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SD/Bay Area

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Also, when is it safe to go down on a girl? I don't want to give my partner herpes.
BOOSTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:05 AM   #14
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

While its unlikely, I would try your best to not touch your face at all, ever, anyway. But try extra hard to not touch it now. Along with that, wash your hands before you beat it. Anything can happen when the planets align. You may want to get in the habit of washing your hands before peeing. Just be careful.

Like I said, if it becomes a recurrent problem, talk to your doc about a drug regimen.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #15
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SD/Bay Area

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

My sex life is ruined, I don't want to worry about things like this. I'm going to kick my friend's ass now.
BOOSTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #16
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTFTW View Post
Also, when is it safe to go down on a girl? I don't want to give my partner herpes.
Short answer, never. Basically any time you make out with a girl or go down on a girl, you have the chance of spreading it. You can just as easily spread the virus while there is no lesion.

If its a 1 time cold sore and it never comes back, then you should be fine and chalk it up to stress. You usually get a cold sore when young and become infected with HSV1 which is more of a disease of childhood then a STD.

In all honesty I would go and find out whether you have HSV1 or HSV2. 2 is considered to be the STD. While its generally of genital origin, it can affect the mouth.

If it is recurring, there are multiple drugs to help decrease outbreaks, decrease viral shedding, etc.

Also, HSV1 usually is just latent with you for life, and is kept under wraps by the immune system. Reactivation may never occur and you may be alright. Just be safe.

I'd get tested to be sure, and tell your partner.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #17
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SD/Bay Area

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Short answer, never. Basically any time you make out with a girl or go down on a girl, you have the chance of spreading it. You can just as easily spread the virus while there is no lesion.

If its a 1 time cold sore and it never comes back, then you should be fine and chalk it up to stress. You usually get a cold sore when young and become infected with HSV1 which is more of a disease of childhood then a STD.

In all honesty I would go and find out whether you have HSV1 or HSV2. 2 is considered to be the STD. While its generally of genital origin, it can affect the mouth.

If it is recurring, there are multiple drugs to help decrease outbreaks, decrease viral shedding, etc.

Also, HSV1 usually is just latent with you for life, and is kept under wraps by the immune system. Reactivation may never occur and you may be alright. Just be safe.

I'd get tested to be sure, and tell your partner.
Thanks for your incredible insight, JayKay. I'm going to get some blood test done tomorrow to stop the speculation.
BOOSTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #18
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

I dont know much about the testing side to be honest. It lies latent in neurons. Not sure whether its a blood test or a culture of the sore to determine virus type.

Don't get too down about it. May be something, may be nothing. There are vast amounts of people in the US and around the world who live with it daily and the new drug treatments are huge leaps forward from not long ago. You'll be fine. Dont worry.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:39 AM   #19
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Post e36m3 pictures. Now. Please. Thanks.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:43 AM   #20
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SD/Bay Area

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I dont know much about the testing side to be honest. It lies latent in neurons. Not sure whether its a blood test or a culture of the sore to determine virus type.

Don't get too down about it. May be something, may be nothing. There are vast amounts of people in the US and around the world who live with it daily and the new drug treatments are huge leaps forward from not long ago. You'll be fine. Dont worry.
Thanks. I would assume they would either require a blood test (to see if antibodies have built up to fight the disease) or perform a cotton swab test of the lesion...But my cold sores are healing already so I'm not sure if the cotton swab would be effective.

Are you a doc or med school student?
BOOSTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #21
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Student.

Come to think about it, may be a saliva sample.
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2010, 02:09 AM   #22
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
 
Alexander's Avatar
 
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deal's Gap

Posts: 2,472
iTrader: (0)

Man that sucks... Fuck your friend for not having the proper restraint... Seriously, if I had herpes or even just a cold sore I would be careful as fuck about it. I get kankersores (sp?) often and I make sure that I tread carefully.
Alexander is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST