|11-13-2010, 10:29 AM||#1|
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Drives: FJ Cruiser
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast
Detailer's Domain: Subaru STI - Sticky Paint
Here we have an 06 STI...WOW is all I can say, STICKY Paint!
As Dave has said on a few occasions Subies have some major sticky paint! We have done a few of them in WRB/White/Silver but this is one of the first ones (Black) in which we encounter some really STiCKY paint, everything I put on this turn to paste, and each time we wiped off we would mar and put tiny scratches back in the STICKY and super soft paint.
After about 15-18 hours I really lost track of time we finally got it done.
The exterior is all we worked on with this one.
What was done -
- Wheels were prepped with Sonax Wheel Cleaner and cleaned up with various brushes
- Tires were spritzed down with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and washed down
- Wheel wells were cleaned up
- Wash down and rinsed
- Door jambs were cleaned up
- Tires dressed
- 3 Step Paint correction (Meg's M105, Menzerna Power Finish, Menzerna Super Finish)
- Inspection with Fenix, 3m Sun Gun, Infratech, and natural sunlight
- Last Step - Menzerna Power Lock and Lusso Oro
- Rubber and Plastics Treated
- Exterior windows and mirrors cleaned and sealed
- Exhaust tips cleaned
- Windows were clayed and sealed
(feel free to click the link below for more info)
Lusso Auto Bathe
Adam's All Purpose Cleaner
Uber Yellow Wash Sponge
Uber Clay Bar kit with Optimum No Rinse
Einszett Spray Wax
Menzerna Power Finish
Menzerna Super Finish
Menzerna Power Lock
Uber Wheel and Tire Kit
Adam's Glass Cleaner
Adam's Glass Sealant
The Uber Foam Pads (5.5inch)
Tons of "Uber" Microfiber Towels
Uber Drying Towels
Cam Spray Pressure Wash and Foam Canon Attachment
Sonax Wheel Cleaner in action
Adam's All Purpose was used to strip all the waxes (not much off the paint)
Adam's All Purpose and the SV Brush was used to clean up the door jambs
Rinsed down ready for claying
It read about 90-140 microns all around
This was one of the first panels it wasn't all too bad
The doors were a HUGE obstacle to tackle....this is where it got bad.
(Permission for the write up granted by the customer)
Use BMW for 10% off at checkout.
Tips/How To's/Videos, Deals, and More
Click here to subscribe to the current promotions offered out to all members here.
Like Us on Facebook
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|