BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Lux Angel Eyes
View Poll Results: Going through airport security, what would you do?
Naked body scan 25 31.25%
Groped by man 5 6.25%
Groped by woman 48 60.00%
Spouse groped by man 2 2.50%
Spouse groped by woman 13 16.25%
Not fly 7 8.75%
Some other option 7 8.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I heard another great suggestion: If Mr. Obama and Janet Napolitano want the general, innocent public to undergo naked body scans and enhanced pat downs, they should both go on television and have an authentic demonstration done on them, their spouses, and children.

Let's see if that will convince us that it is alright.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #24
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
TSA Now Putting Hands Down Fliers’ Pants



Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #25
Gamoto
Private First Class
35
Rep
183
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E93 M3 6MT/13 335ix/ 13 X3/
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I heard another great suggestion: If Mr. Obama and Janet Napolitano want the general, innocent public to undergo naked body scans and enhanced pat downs, they should both go on television and have an authentic demonstration done on them, their spouses, and children.

Let's see if that will convince us that it is alright.
Great Article. ( I could only copy and paste hope it's not too long. Worth the read.


NAPOLITANO: THE BALL’S IN MY COURT NOW
by Ann Coulter
November 17, 2010

After the 9/11 attacks, when 19 Muslim terrorists -- 15 from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates and one each from Egypt and Lebanon, 14 with "al" in their names -- took over commercial aircraft with box-cutters, the government banned sharp objects from planes.

Airport security began confiscating little old ladies' knitting needles and breaking the mouse-sized nail files off of passengers' nail clippers. Surprisingly, no decrease in the number of hijacking attempts by little old ladies and manicurists was noted.

After another Muslim terrorist, Richard Reid, AKA Tariq Raja, AKA Abdel Rahim, AKA Abdul Raheem, AKA Abu Ibrahim, AKA Sammy Cohen (which was only his eHarmony alias), tried to blow up a commercial aircraft with explosive-laden sneakers, the government prohibited more than 3 ounces of liquid from being carried on airplanes.

All passengers were required to take off their shoes for special security screening, which did not thwart a single terrorist attack, but made airport security checkpoints a lot smellier.

After Muslim terrorist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab of Nigeria tried to detonate explosive material in his underwear over Detroit last Christmas, the government began requiring nude body scans at airports.

The machines, which cannot detect chemicals or plastic, would not have caught the diaper bomber. So, again, no hijackers were stopped, but being able to see passengers in the nude boosted the morale of airport security personnel by 22 percent.

After explosives were inserted in two ink cartridges and placed on a plane headed to the United States from the Muslim nation of Yemen, the government banned printer cartridges from all domestic flights, resulting in no improvement in airport security, while requiring ink cartridges who traveled to take Amtrak.

So when the next Muslim terrorist, probably named Abdul Ahmed al Shehri, places explosives in his anal cavity, what is the government going to require then? (If you're looking for a good investment opportunity, might I suggest rubber gloves?)

Last year, a Muslim attempting to murder Prince Mohammed bin Nayef of Saudi Arabia blew himself up with a bomb stuck up his anus. Fortunately, this didn't happen near an airport, or Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano would now be requiring full body cavity searches to fly.

You can't stop a terrorist attack by searching for the explosives any more than you can stop crime by taking away everyone's guns.

In the 1970s, liberal ideas on crime swept the country. Gun owners were treated like criminals while actual criminals were coddled and released. If only we treated criminals with dignity and respect and showed them the system was fair, liberals told us, criminals would reward us with good behavior.

As is now well known, crime exploded in the '70s. It took decades of conservative law-and-order policies to get crime back to near-1950s levels.

It's similarly pointless to treat all Americans as if they're potential terrorists while trying to find and confiscate anything that could be used as a weapon. We can't search all passengers for explosives because Muslims stick explosives up their anuses. (Talk about jobs Americans just won't do.)

You have to search for the terrorists.

Fortunately, that's the one advantage we have in this war. In a lucky stroke, all the terrorists are swarthy, foreign-born, Muslim males. (Think: "Guys Madonna would date.")

This would give us a major leg up -- if only the country weren't insane.

Is there any question that we'd be looking for Swedes if the 9/11 terrorists, the shoe bomber, the diaper bomber and the printer cartridge bomber had all been Swedish? If the Irish Republican Army were bombing our planes, wouldn't we be looking for people with Irish surnames and an Irish appearance?

Only because the terrorists are Muslims do we pretend not to notice who keeps trying to blow up our planes.

It would be harder to find Swedes or Irish boarding commercial airliners in the U.S. than Muslims. Swarthy foreigners stand out like a sore thumb in an airport. The American domestic flying population is remarkably homogenous. An airport is not a Sears department store.

Only about a third of all Americans flew even once in the last year, and only 7 percent took more than four round trips. The majority of airline passengers are middle-aged, middle-class, white businessmen with about a million frequent flier miles. I'd wager that more than 90 percent of domestic air travelers were born in the U.S.

If the government did nothing more than have a five-minute conversation with the one passenger per flight born outside the U.S., you'd need 90 percent fewer Transportation Security Administration agents and airlines would be far safer than they are now.

Instead, Napolitano just keeps ordering more invasive searches of all passengers, without exception -- except members of Congress and government officials, who get VIP treatment, so they never know what she's doing to the rest of us.

Two weeks ago, Napolitano ordered TSA agents to start groping women's breasts and all passengers' genitalia -- children, nuns and rape victims, everyone except government officials and members of Congress. (Which is weird because Dennis Kucinich would like it.)

"Please have your genitalia out and ready to be fondled when you approach the security checkpoint."

This is the punishment for refusing the nude body scan for passengers who don't want to appear nude on live video or are worried about the skin cancer risk of the machines -- risks acknowledged by the very Johns Hopkins study touted by the government.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that we need to keep the government as far away from airport security as possible, and not only because Janet Napolitano did her graduate work in North Korea.

COPYRIGHT 2010 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL UCLICK
1130 Walnut, Kansas City, MO 64106
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #26
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamoto View Post
Great Article. ( I could only copy and paste hope it's not too long. Worth the read.
That's a pretty good piece.

If the TSA naked scanned, strip searched, and cavity searched every passenger to secure our safety in air travel, what would be next? Without any doubt, they would have to do the same for travel by rail. Then these same procedures would have to be used at schools, sports stadiums, and other places. Eventually, the terrorists that are no longer able to strap on a bomb and have their way will poison the food supply or water supply. They will do any number of things to put a hurt on their enemy.

Now, back to reality... If the terrorists were really determined to damage America, what would they do? Would they do whatever damage they could achieve by the easiest means?

Maybe the easiest damage is turning our protectors against us. We give up our rights. It has become the police state.

One of the greatest men in American history said, "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto

Last edited by scottwww; 11-23-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #27
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
TSA procedures are designed to harass people - intimidate people - into submitting to naked body scans. These rules are not making us safer.

Boycott the Airlines

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #28
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I thought maybe Janet Napolitano was a dyke and that was why she thought it would be just fine being groped by the same sex.



After seeing this picture, just not sure what to think of her motivations.



Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum and Jerusalem Post columnist:

Abdulmutallab’s near-success and Napolitano’s idiotic response tell Americans about the weakness of counter-terrorist efforts so many years after 9/11.

Napolitano seems to be saying, "I can't hear you."



How much PETN would the underwear bomber have had to hide up his ass rather than in the waistband of his underwear to be able to do serious damage to a commercial airliner?

This is 20 grams of PETN (about 3/4 of one ounce). If they already know they are going to die in their terrorist act, why would they not put it up their ass if security measures don't call for a cavity search?



To be an example, shouldn't these people be naked body scanned and submit to the enhanced pat down procedure on national television for all to see?


Last edited by scottwww; 11-23-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #29
boymonkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
11
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Are these new standard procedures at US airports? I have to think twice about going to the states.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #30
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
43
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
That's a pretty good piece.

If the TSA naked scanned, strip searched, and cavity searched every passenger to secure our safety in air travel, what would be next? Without any doubt, they would have to do the same for travel by rail. Then these same procedures would have to be used at schools, sports stadiums, and other places. Eventually, the terrorists that are no longer able to strap on a bomb and have their way will poison the food supply or water supply. They will do any number of things to put a hurt on their enemy.

Now, back to reality... If the terrorists were really determined to damage America, what would they do? Would they do whatever damage they could achieve by the easiest means?

Maybe the easiest damage is turning our protectors against us. We give up our rights. It has become the police state.

One of the greatest men in American history said, "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
This is it. The terrorists have won, ultimately they would like all infidels to die, but the next best thing is to put a dent in our way of life. If they had and objectives during the planning on 9/11; damaging our way of life was one of them, and they have succeeded.

These extra "security" measures are nonsense. A hi-jacking is the last thing i'm thinking of when flying. I'm far more worried about mechanical failure due to budget cuts and layoffs. I'm quite confident the next attack on US soil will have nothing to do with an air plane. And i'm quite confident they will succeed. When you have people who are willing to give their life to take yours, there really isn't much you can do to stop them. Unless of course you know exactly who they are. But even then the possibility of stopping them from doing what they want are very remote.

It's like car alarms. They worked for a little while, now however; if they want your car bad enough, they'll get it. The terrorists who are planning to attack us inside the US are not trying to figure out how to hi-jack a plane while everyone in the damn country seems to be trying to stop that. They will simply find other means. Malls at Christmas time, sporting events, water supplies, power plants, etc....

I suppose there is a possibility that 9/11 was the result of one brazen terrorist.... but i don't think we're that lucky. It will happen again and there isn't much we can do about it. The best deterrent would be a complete change in how the US conducts itself around the world. Not only was Ben right about not deserving freedom, but i believe those who sacrifice liberty for security will also lose both.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #31
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
This is it. The terrorists have won,...
Agreed. They have succeeded more significantly in the destruction of liberty than in the destruction of buildings and aircraft. It has given a green light to those among us who would want to suspend freedom.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #32
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
17
Rep
523
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Gloom and doom, it's all going to hell in a hand basket and America is changed forever. Bull! Americans are infinitely adaptable and will move past this so fast it will be as if nothing has changed. And nothing substantive has changed. The vast majority of Americans never see the inside of an airport and the ones that do will, for the most part, be glad for the speed through security that the imaging devices afford. In the life of Americans, these security measures are almost meaningless. The terrorists have won? Please...there are serious challenges out there. Focus.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #33
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Gloom and doom, it's all going to hell in a hand basket and America is changed forever. Bull! Americans are infinitely adaptable and will move past this so fast it will be as if nothing has changed. And nothing substantive has changed. The vast majority of Americans never see the inside of an airport and the ones that do will, for the most part, be glad for the speed through security that the imaging devices afford. In the life of Americans, these security measures are almost meaningless. The terrorists have won? Please...there are serious challenges out there. Focus.
The TSA gropings and nudie pictures is simply the most recent and visible infringement. In the American people being capable of moving on, I tend to agree. But the government is the entity that cannot return to us what they have taken away. The government has ceased being for us. Other than dealing with us enough to manipulate a popular majority vote, they view us with contempt. It is becoming more a police state day by day.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 02:50 AM   #34
tony20009
Brigadier General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
4,603
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Why not just prohibit clothed passengers on airplanes?

I'm serious, sort of, I mean I don't have problems being seen naked, so I could at least consider it...

At first, flying would be rather awkward, but over time it could become a much more pleasant thing.
  • You, your friends, family, whomever, go to the airport. You all go in and hang together waiting for the flight doing whatever
  • You check every bag you brought with you (no personal bags you didn't purchase inside the airport would be allowed in the passenger cabin). When it's time to board, you step behind a blind, disrobe and walk onto the plane.

If you are alone at the airport:
  • you try 'n' guess which hot chicks in the waiting area are about to get on the plane
  • then you figure out who's got a seat next to her
  1. People would be more inspired to get in shape, which in turn will do wonders to reduce health care costs!
  2. airlines could do away with the added cost of assigned seating, which in turn would mean that people would get in shape because all the thin folks would sit together, necessarily forcing the overweight ones to sit together. Have you ever seen a row in an airplane with three overweight folks in it? Those are three very uncomfortable people.
  3. No more long security lines. Naked people ain't carrying no damn bomb they can't sneak in now. What's a terrorist gonna do, hold his farts for a week and light them when the plane's in mid-air? LOL
  4. Millions of tax dollars saved by reducing the amount of equipment and staff TSA have to buy/maintain/employ. Also, let's face facts, one reason the gov't keeps proposing all these gizmos to detect stuff is because there's no money for corporations if everyone on the plane is naked. Those companies would have to build sh*t you and I -- rather than only the gov't -- can afford to buy.

As crazy as this sounds, it could work...

On a more serious note, I'd opt for the scan.

I've never seen one TSA employee that I'd want groping me. Those folks aren't hired for their looks. And I don't want a German Shepherd sniffing my crotch; he might smell my date from last night 'n' try to take a bite! DOH!!!
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #35
1speedbike
Colonel
1speedbike's Avatar
82
Rep
2,934
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
This is it. The terrorists have won, ultimately they would like all infidels to die, but the next best thing is to put a dent in our way of life. If they had and objectives during the planning on 9/11; damaging our way of life was one of them, and they have succeeded.

I agree. We've lost. Terrorists want to instill terror in their enemies. When they have us cowering behind humiliating scanners just to visit our family for the holidays, they've really won. Every time they inconvenience us even the tiniest bit more, they start winning.

Half the time our own government and news stations terrorize us (by the definition of terrorism itself!). This color coded terror threat meter? Bogus news stories about some "possible" plot that aren't substantiated and just speculative? All of this sensationalism just makes us more terrified of a group of people with an weapons stockpile smaller than the average county in Texas (okay I made that up but you get the idea).

Not all terrorists even want to "kill infidels," it's just this recent bubble of misinformed terrorists twisting the religion of Islam. McVeigh (Oklahoma city) was a white non-Muslim.. The unabomber was a white non-Muslim.. All terrorists aren't Muslim and vice versa. It's a simple fact that well over half of America can't seem to get past. A friend is "suspicious" of his MOROCCAN Muslim neighbor because he installed a separate satellite dish to get his home country's TV shows. But who knows.. he's dark skinned.. he could be communicating with "his people" back home. Morocco obviously is in on this whole Taliban thing.



But back to my main point.. if these intrusive and humiliating scans are deemed necessary, we lost. The FBI failed us. Aren't they supposed to stop these plots? Since when is it the TSA's job to stop terrorists, I thought that's what the FBI and the military were for..


The worst part of all of this is that these scans are DANGEROUS!

The company making these scanners is a bunch of crooks. They got around safety regulations by saying these scanners emit "so and so amount of radiation", less than an x-ray would give. The problem is that this low-level radiation doesn't penetrate the skin. That's partially the point of it, the TSA doesn't wanna see your bones, it needs the scan to not penetrate your skin in order to see anything you might be hiding. However, a regular x-ray goes through your whole body, so it has your whole body as a medium for the radiation to diffuse through. This scan stops at the top millimeter of your skin. So while it's less radiation overall, it's ALL being absorbed by your top thin layer of skin, and it's still more radiation than you get from the sun, tanning beds, or x-rays since it's all in your skin. Hello skin cancer!

Anyway.. end rant.
__________________

Year 1 of the 1

Last edited by 1speedbike; 11-30-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #36
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
43
Rep
1,204
Posts

 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Why not just prohibit clothed passengers on airplanes?

I'm serious, sort of, I mean I don't have problems being seen naked, so I could at least consider it...

At first, flying would be rather awkward, but over time it could become a much more pleasant thing.
  • You, your friends, family, whomever, go to the airport. You all go in and hang together waiting for the flight doing whatever
  • You check every bag you brought with you (no personal bags you didn't purchase inside the airport would be allowed in the passenger cabin). When it's time to board, you step behind a blind, disrobe and walk onto the plane.

If you are alone at the airport:
  • you try 'n' guess which hot chicks in the waiting area are about to get on the plane
  • then you figure out who's got a seat next to her
  1. People would be more inspired to get in shape, which in turn will do wonders to reduce health care costs!
  2. airlines could do away with the added cost of assigned seating, which in turn would mean that people would get in shape because all the thin folks would sit together, necessarily forcing the overweight ones to sit together. Have you ever seen a row in an airplane with three overweight folks in it? Those are three very uncomfortable people.
  3. No more long security lines. Naked people ain't carrying no damn bomb they can't sneak in now. What's a terrorist gonna do, hold his farts for a week and light them when the plane's in mid-air? LOL
  4. Millions of tax dollars saved by reducing the amount of equipment and staff TSA have to buy/maintain/employ. Also, let's face facts, one reason the gov't keeps proposing all these gizmos to detect stuff is because there's no money for corporations if everyone on the plane is naked. Those companies would have to build sh*t you and I -- rather than only the gov't -- can afford to buy.

As crazy as this sounds, it could work...

On a more serious note, I'd opt for the scan.

I've never seen one TSA employee that I'd want groping me. Those folks aren't hired for their looks. And I don't want a German Shepherd sniffing my crotch; he might smell my date from last night 'n' try to take a bite! DOH!!!
guess that would be the last time i fly with my mother and sister.....
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #37
tony20009
Brigadier General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
4,603
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
guess that would be the last time i fly with my mother and sister.....
Fly with them, just don't sit with them...
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #38
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
All terrorists aren't Muslim...
McVeigh and the Unabomber were Christians? Where do you get that info? Did they say they were Christians? Or that they were doing their bombings in the name of Jesus Christ? I guess I assumed they were "uncommited", agnostic, atheist or something undefined.

I almost hate to point out where we disagreed, because I agreed with much of what you said.

That's interesting info I hadn't seen before about the reasons for potential danger from the radiation of the naked body scanners.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #39
1speedbike
Colonel
1speedbike's Avatar
82
Rep
2,934
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
McVeigh and the Unabomber were Christians? Where do you get that info? Did they say they were Christians? Or that they were doing their bombings in the name of Jesus Christ? I guess I assumed they were "uncommited", agnostic, atheist or something undefined.

I almost hate to point out where we disagreed, because I agreed with much of what you said.

That's interesting info I hadn't seen before about the reasons for potential danger from the radiation of the naked body scanners.


Sorry, in my ranting I said christians but I should have just said NOT muslim; my point was mainly to point out they were white non-muslim American citizens who just went crazy.

McVeigh was raised Roman catholic and stated in an interview that he believed in god but "lost touch" with Christianity, but Kaczyinski I'm not sure about.

I didn't mean to be inflammatory or anything, but just used a poor choice of words in my writing. Thanks for the correction.
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #40
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I'm with those who say profiling (especially identifying suspicious behavior) should be used. And use dogs to sniff those who are fingered. Grope those who should be groped, rather than every fifth passenger. The thought of terrorists being out there somewhere has brought us to accepting government randomly putting their hands down our pants.

What they are trying to do it to intimidate everyone to timidly accept naked body scans. I would bet that even if they really do delete the pictures, that they have a computer that identifies your body like a fingerprint. They anticipate one day having naked body scanners in many public passageways, like train depots, bus stations, sports arenas, public schools, court houses, concert halls, shopping malls... you name it. They will have the data that shows where you go. They can then track you without installing a microchip in your flesh.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #41
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
I said christians but I should have just said NOT muslim...
There's nothing to disagree about now.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #42
1speedbike
Colonel
1speedbike's Avatar
82
Rep
2,934
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
There's nothing to disagree about now.

Yup, now it's just us vs the greater majority of America. Every one of these ridiculous and humiliating "security measures" takes a little more of our freedom away, but nobody cares because we're too busy being scared shitless by sensationalism and exaggeration on the news, refusing to profile at least a little bit in smart ways to appear politically correct, while at the same time hypocritically being fearful of all brown people, even if they're our neighbors across the street we've lived next to for 20+ years. FYI, if there's a sudden emergence of a terrorist group composed primarily of 20 to 30 -something white males, I wouldn't mind being profiled.
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #43
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
167
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Former Miss USA left in tears at TSA checkpoint

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #44
VenomBMW
Banned
United_States
5
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: 128i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a house

iTrader: (0)

Christianity is pretty much the only religion where the more religious the people get the more peaceful they become. Think about it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST