BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-05-2011, 03:47 AM   #463
Tee212
Banned
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Riverside

Posts: 4,545
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2010 335  [4.00]
Send a message via AIM to Tee212 Send a message via MSN to Tee212
lol he just compared AI to one of the all time greats ever on earth in newport beach.
Tee212 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #464
Tee212
Banned
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Riverside

Posts: 4,545
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2010 335  [4.00]
Send a message via AIM to Tee212 Send a message via MSN to Tee212
black swan baby! haha
Tee212 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #465
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 512
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to mylydiamy
Please people, wake up. What is it going to take for you to realize that the Lakers are not good enough to win championship this year. They were extremely lucky last year. This year they are older, and not much motivated. Kobe can not turn it on whenever he wants. His game is getting slower. He has become a shooter. And I don't care how good of a shooter your are, In long run, you can not win championship when you best player is just a jump shooter.

This year west is much weakaer than last year. Besides Spurs and Lakers, thare are no real contenders. Dallas is good, but it is a one man team (Dirk). In 7 game series, Dallas has no chance agains Spurs or LA.

Even if LA manages to come out from west (I doubt), they have less than zero chance against .Boston/Miami.
mylydiamy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #466
Tee212
Banned
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Riverside

Posts: 4,545
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2010 335  [4.00]
Send a message via AIM to Tee212 Send a message via MSN to Tee212
How much money would you put on that? and did you say the same thing last year about kobe and the lakers? lol
Tee212 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #467
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee212 View Post
How much money would you put on that? and did you say the same thing last year about kobe and the lakers? lol
Would you honestly think that Lakers can win with Perkins in the C lineup? Celtics had to use Rasheed as a center..

This year they are prepared. Shaq & Perkin. Celtics is still the deepest team in the league.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #468
Bimmer335i
Major
 
Bimmer335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA US

Posts: 1,346
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Would you honestly think that Lakers can win with Perkins in the C lineup? Celtics had to use Rasheed as a center..

This year they are prepared. Shaq & Perkin. Celtics is still the deepest team in the league.

The Lakers more than struggled in beating NOH where they were without their key guys..and with Memphis coming up, it's gonna be another struggle..Memphis always get up for LA..In any case, I had predicted the Lakers will lose the WCF and it's fun while it lasted..time for Kupchak to rework his magic after this seaon or after the lockout season..so much uncertainty in the next few months.

Meanwhile, Boston is pulling out all stops since they know this is their LAST hurrah, now or never. They know what they're up against and the EAST is seriously improving and the top 5 are all potential contenders if not already contenders. Gonna be helluva exciting playoffs!!
__________________
Enjoy the ride!
Bimmer335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #469
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 512
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to mylydiamy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee212 View Post
How much money would you put on that? and did you say the same thing last year about kobe and the lakers? lol
My comments were all about this year. Last year they were a better team. Entire team was a year younger. But most importantly they were much more focused, especially Artes who was a big factor. Kobe is much slower (age/high mileage on knees). No one buys his fakes anymore. No more free trips to free throw line.

Also no home court advantage in western finals.

They will pass the first round, struggle in the second round. I would be shocked if they can win the west.

Even if they do, there is no way they beat Celtics/Miami.
mylydiamy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #470
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Would you honestly think that Lakers can win with Perkins in the C lineup? Celtics had to use Rasheed as a center..

This year they are prepared. Shaq & Perkin. Celtics is still the deepest team in the league.
Rasheed had a great game 7. Better than Perkins was playing most of the series. 11 pts, 8 rebounds in Game 7.

Kendrick's Finals breakdowns:
Game 6: Injured early.
Game 5 Kperk had 4 pts, 7 rebounds.
Game 4 6 pts 7 rebounds.
Game 3 5 pts 11 rebounds.
Game 2 12 pts 6 rebounds.
Game 1 8 pts 3 rebounds.

I hear over and over again that the Game 7 would have been different if Boston had Kendrick Perkins. Especially because of the rebounding. You telling me a guy that averages 6.8 rebounds over 5 games would have rebounded better? Rasheed had 8 rebounds. Looks like more than KPerk right there.

Or maybe you have proven time and time to be a Lakers hater and not giving credit where credit is due. Bynum was hurt the entire fucking series but do you hear people complaining about that? KPerk was hurt for 2 games. Bynum was out there on one leg. Double standards FTL.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC 335i; 02-06-2011 at 08:00 PM.
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #471
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i View Post

The Lakers more than struggled in beating NOH where they were without their key guys..and with Memphis coming up, it's gonna be another struggle..Memphis always get up for LA..In any case, I had predicted the Lakers will lose the WCF and it's fun while it lasted..time for Kupchak to rework his magic after this seaon or after the lockout season..so much uncertainty in the next few months.

Meanwhile, Boston is pulling out all stops since they know this is their LAST hurrah, now or never. They know what they're up against and the EAST is seriously improving and the top 5 are all potential contenders if not already contenders. Gonna be helluva exciting playoffs!!
Boston are 38-12. (.760 winning %). Boston last year finished 50-32 (.610 winning %)
Lakers are 35-16. (.686 winning %). Lakers last year finished 57-25 (.695 winning %)

I think you guys have a short memory and the Lakers are not fall off record wise from last year (.695 vs .686, not much of a difference).

Also, stop overanalyzing games so much. The Celtics lost to the Rockets this month by 4 points, beat the Bobcats by 5 points, beat the Pistons by 4 points. At the end of the year, a win is a win. And another things about records is the Eastern Conference plays games against teams in the East than the West and vice versa. If the playoffs started today, the Indiana Pacers would be the 8th seed in the East. Guess what they would be in the West? 13th. Injured plagued Portland would be the 8th seed in the West but they would be the 5th seed in the East. There's 8 teams under Golden State's record of .449 in the East and only 3 in the West.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_re...w_Std_Cnf.html

I mean seriously, off the bandwagon already?
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC 335i; 02-06-2011 at 08:23 PM.
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #472
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Please people, wake up. What is it going to take for you to realize that the Lakers are not good enough to win championship this year. They were extremely lucky last year. This year they are older, and not much motivated. Kobe can not turn it on whenever he wants. His game is getting slower. He has become a shooter. And I don't care how good of a shooter your are, In long run, you can not win championship when you best player is just a jump shooter.

This year west is much weakaer than last year. Besides Spurs and Lakers, thare are no real contenders. Dallas is good, but it is a one man team (Dirk). In 7 game series, Dallas has no chance agains Spurs or LA.

Even if LA manages to come out from west (I doubt), they have less than zero chance against .Boston/Miami.
So you cannot win a Championship when your best team is a jump shooter but Boston is the favorite when their best scoring players are... jumpshooters.

Ray Allen
Kevin Garnet
Paul Pierce

All primarily jump shooters.

2010 Points in the paint:
Celtics: 37.3
Lakers: 35.3

Good theory craft bro. Hit me up when you can find Miami's points in the paint. Earlier this year they were one of the fewest actually.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC 335i; 02-06-2011 at 08:13 PM.
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #473
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Rasheed had a great game 7. Better than Perkins was playing most of the series. 11 pts, 8 rebounds in Game 7.

Kendrick's Finals breakdowns:
Game 6: Injured early.
Game 5 Kperk had 4 pts, 7 rebounds.
Game 4 6 pts 7 rebounds.
Game 3 5 pts 11 rebounds.
Game 2 12 pts 6 rebounds.
Game 1 8 pts 3 rebounds.

I hear over and over again that the Game 7 would have been different if Boston had Kendrick Perkins. Especially because of the rebounding. You telling me a guy that averages 6.8 rebounds over 5 games would have rebounded better? Rasheed had 8 rebounds. Looks like more than KPerk right there.

Or maybe you have proven time and time to be a Lakers hater and not giving credit where credit is due. Bynum was hurt the entire fucking series but do you hear people complaining about that? KPerk was hurt for 2 games. Bynum was out there on one leg. Double standards FTL.
O come on.. 611 230 pound guarding 7 feet 300 pound? Perkins isn't in there to score he is in there to play defense. Stats don't mean anything if they are playing defense. Look at Artest stats. It is trash but he plays excellent defense and impacts the game in many different ways. How about Joel Anthony for the Heats? 1.9 PPG 3.6 Rebound? Who the fuck is that guy? Many dont know but he is the anchor for Miami heat's defense.

Bottom line, Stats don't mean shit.

Btw, Bynum for the first championship year he only averaged 6.3 points/3.7 RPG. He had a better average when he was injured. 9+ points/6.9RPB..
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #474
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 512
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to mylydiamy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
So you cannot win a Championship when your best team is a jump shooter but Boston is the favorite when their best scoring players are... jumpshooters.

Ray Allen
Kevin Garnet
Paul Pierce

All primarily jump shooters.

2010 Points in the paint:
Celtics: 37.3
Lakers: 35.3

Good theory craft bro. Hit me up when you can find Miami's points in the paint. Earlier this year they were one of the fewest actually.
Well, there is not much to say after your post which clearly indicates you don't know what you are talking about.

I am not a Celtic fan, I am just a huge fan who has been following NBA very closely (rarely miss a game) for over 20 years.

Ray Allen : Jump shooter, but one the best if not the best ever. This year he is playing much much better than last year.

K.G : I personally hate him for being one the the dirtiest player in the league but at the same time I give him credit for what he does. If you consider him jump shooter you are not a basketball fan. From time to time he gets the ball from Rando when he is wide open and shoots it, but he definelty has postup game.

Paul Pierce : I think you were kidding when you called him jump shooter. Not much else to say.

Also, another post above from another member who has no idea about whay he is talking about. Lakers have more or less same winning percentage as last year. Who cares how many games you win unless you are winning against quality opponents. Laker has loosing % against winning teams. This is what really counts.

Please guys, if you don't know what you are talking about don't make nonsense comments.
mylydiamy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #475
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Well, there is not much to say after your post which clearly indicates you don't know what you are talking about.

I am not a Celtic fan, I am just a huge fan who has been following NBA very closely (rarely miss a game) for over 20 years.

Ray Allen : Jump shooter, but one the best if not the best ever. This year he is playing much much better than last year.

K.G : I personally hate him for being one the the dirtiest player in the league but at the same time I give him credit for what he does. If you consider him jump shooter you are not a basketball fan. From time to time he gets the ball from Rando when he is wide open and shoots it, but he definelty has postup game.

Paul Pierce : I think you were kidding when you called him jump shooter. Not much else to say.

Also, another post above from another member who has no idea about whay he is talking about. Lakers have more or less same winning percentage as last year. Who cares how many games you win unless you are winning against quality opponents. Laker has loosing % against winning teams. This is what really counts.

Please guys, if you don't know what you are talking about don't make nonsense comments.
Ray is playing great this year.

What post moves does KG have? He's typically a turn and fadeaway type of player. KG has been mostly a jumpshooter his whole career. Don't know what you are watching. He is not a low post type of player.

Paul Pierce primarily shoots jumpers with a bunch of pump fakes.

Again, the Celtics score 2 more points in the paint than the Lakers.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #476
Tee212
Banned
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Riverside

Posts: 4,545
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2010 335  [4.00]
Send a message via AIM to Tee212 Send a message via MSN to Tee212
lol enough talk lets just put some money on this or if you lose yous gota trade your car in for an audi.
Tee212 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #477
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 512
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to mylydiamy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Ray is playing great this year.

What post moves does KG have? He's typically a turn and fadeaway type of player. KG has been mostly a jumpshooter his whole career. Don't know what you are watching. He is not a low post type of player.

Paul Pierce primarily shoots jumpers with a bunch of pump fakes.

Again, the Celtics score 2 more points in the paint than the Lakers.
Again, just like any other stats this one is useless when you look at over all average. There are so many bad teams in the league that most stats don't accurately reflect how good or bad a team is. There are basically 12-13 teams that play to win. Others are just sleep walking.
mylydiamy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #478
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
 
NYCGP's Avatar
 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (0)

carmello to the knicks.... carmello to the knicks.... carmello to the knicks


Damn it didn't work. Maybe if we keep saying it over and over it will happen...
NYCGP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #479
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
McMuffin's Avatar
 
Drives: A Widebody 92
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Califas

Posts: 1,550
iTrader: (5)

GO PACKERS!! Oh shit, wrong thread!
McMuffin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #480
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
 
NYCGP's Avatar
 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (0)

Lol.. now it's all about Melo to the Lakers.... You Laker's fans ready to give up Bynum for Melo? Cowherd made a good point today. The league is not a big man league anymore. Celtics will only be the team they are for max another 2 years... most likely after this season is over so is that team. So the lakers stacking themselves with talent is a great way to combat the Heat. The Heat, whether you want to agree or not, are the future of the league.
NYCGP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #481
Kensta335
Brigadier General
 
Kensta335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Lol.. now it's all about Melo to the Lakers.... You Laker's fans ready to give up Bynum for Melo? Cowherd made a good point today. The league is not a big man league anymore. Celtics will only be the team they are for max another 2 years... most likely after this season is over so is that team. So the lakers stacking themselves with talent is a great way to combat the Heat. The Heat, whether you want to agree or not, are the future of the league.
Kobe: Ship his ass (Bynum) out!


Do this Mitch! Bynum is overrated.
Kensta335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #482
choicez
Major
 
choicez's Avatar
 
Drives: you mad
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA

Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Bynum ($13,700,000) and Artest ($6,322,320) for Carmelo ($17,149,243) and another player like Chris Anderson ($4,533,300) to make the numbers work. Guessing they wouldn't need Anderson since they would have Bynum who plays center too.
I was close but they don't want Artest because of his long contract. Let's see if it really happens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6101304
choicez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #483
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Lol.. now it's all about Melo to the Lakers.... You Laker's fans ready to give up Bynum for Melo? Cowherd made a good point today. The league is not a big man league anymore. Celtics will only be the team they are for max another 2 years... most likely after this season is over so is that team. So the lakers stacking themselves with talent is a great way to combat the Heat. The Heat, whether you want to agree or not, are the future of the league.
This is probably just a negotiation ploy to get other teams to offer more for Melo. The Lakers are ALWAYS thrown into the mix year after year.

Other teams just using the Lakers are leverage, nothing to see here.

Heat the future of the league? That's just crazy talk. Let them accomplish something first before branding them the future.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #484
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
And about Cowherd's point. You still need bigs.

That is why Boston loaded up on bigs in the off-season. Look at the previous NBA champions and NBA Finalists.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
i smell a 3 peat!, i smell a sweep, i smell dead people, lakers you let me down, shawn kemp is my dad, yunowinlakers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST