BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source

10-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #67
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine

Garage List
Very well then, major props to you, Alex

I'm glad that you walked out of all this a better person. Hope they'll get your car back together flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Kev, I do understand what your saying, fully, as it stands, she has a reckless DUI, and a Hit and Run, both Felonies, I would have to say, that alone carries a lot of trouble, both carry high punishments, from the looks of things, she was having a crazy night, so I did stop her, and I did remove her key. No way no how was I going to let her drive drunk. I think a Misdemeanor Battery charge will just slow down her chances of getting her life back on track, we can have this argument for days to come, most people who come out of the system, find they are right back to breaking the law. I have seen two of my friends go through DUIs, in California, it is nothing simple when you hit someone in a DUI, its a felony and you get into big trouble.

I am very anti drinking and driving, I do not even believe in the .08 driving limit, I do not step foot in a car if I even had a single drink, I am sure if any of my friends are on the forums here, they will tell you that I am always the driver when we are out at parties or clubs. I drink maybe once every 2-3 months.

I feel drinking highly changes the person, I have this argument with my buddy all the time, he says "drinking brings the truth out of the person" and I say "drinking changes the person." I feel drinking makes you do things you would never do, or even think of doing. Most peoples mistakes, is they have no clue how many drinks they can have, and people need to learn that.

If this girl does not get time, I am sure she will get community service for 30+ Days, probably 50-100 AA classes, and probation from 3-5 years, she is at the start of her life, respected jobs and schools will not allow her to join because of what she now has on her record, and I feel that was enough, a battery charge will just top the scale.

Kev, the cops had me fill a report in, I did not hold back anything, I explained the story from start to finish, signed off on it, and if the DA asks me to be a witness, I will be right there. I will support my states choice in doing what they feel is what they should do, but I will explain to them, I was much more effected about the damages to my car, then her hits, I have no scares, bleeding, or anything at all, and for that I feel I would not like to press charges as a citizen. This my choice Kev, I am pretty sure most people on this forum saw her they would think the girl had no looks or anything that would make me go easy on her, I just plain felt bad.
      10-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #68
NewYearsBoy
Colonel

Drives: IS 300

Garage List
[quote=Alex@Alpine;8247714]Thank you man

The camera system did not have a DVD drive, nor USB ports, so I was forced to record the screen, I was very lucky the 7-11 manager was a very nice guy and let me get the footage.

Oh ok... Wow... u should do very well in this situation... GOODLUCK..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
NewYearsBoy is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #69
Alex@Alpine
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
You should still sue her for all the damages you and your car sustained in the Civil Court. I know in CA you cannot sue for diminished value of your car, but you can make her pay for the physical and psychological damages that she caused you. Basically, she tried to kill you by backing her car into you. She deserves no mercy.
I might sue her for damages, she kicked my car many times, and an insurance agent told me, her insurance will only cover the damage made by her car, so the kicks are probably not covered, I will probably just take her to small claims to remove damages for the kicks she did to my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
commendable for not pressing charges...it depends on the person at fault i guess. it seems like you made a decision on the spot and i trust you made the right one.

glad you're OK. car looked awesome

Thank you for the support man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
That is a really great story, without the video I'd probably call bs.
To be honest with you, I had to walk outside my house and look at the car before it settled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
So sorry to hear dude. It's awesome that you were able to catch her though!
Thank you, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart@AUTOcouture View Post
Some people geez.. what a story!
Tell me about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini330zhp View Post
Get the news to show the footage and make everyone see her on TV!!!!
haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
You should have made her disappear.
LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krozi View Post
Damn thats crazy! You actually got footage of it too! You kept your cool man, well done.

Man I would have pressed charges on anything I possibly could have.....
Yeah, I was amazed how cool the 7-11 guy was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
youre kind for not pressing charges against her. hopefully the insurance will take care of all the damages to the car. sad to see the car all banged up like that.

good thing you managed to catch her! if this happened while you were in a movie theatre or a restaurant, you probably wouldnt have been able to catch the lady.

Your very right man, that is what always worries me, parking in these large full lots, you never know what could happen, that is why my deductable is always at the lowest option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974 View Post
WOW im really sorry to hear about that man. I would have been absolutely FURIOUS!!!! I hope everything turns out good for you.
Hey thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by compm3e92m3 View Post
That pisses me off. Your car will be back and better but her life is done. Your car is sick. Ive seen it before
Hey, thank you man, I have already spoke to the body shop, the car will be back to 100%, they will be cutting the panel out, and replacing it with a BMW Original one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Damn man! I cringed when I saw her slam into your car. Glad to see you're okay and I hope she gets locked up in "federal pound me in the ass prison".
haha, thank you man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@alpine View Post
We must stay strong my brotha...
Trying to man, sure am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyCSL View Post
OMG dude im sorry. that freakin sucks!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
This can be a movie! Glad you are okay dude
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczer34 View Post
I would like to know the answer to these questions as well. Most importantly...

Was she hot?? LOL

Crazy story man....glad to hear you're OK and that it wasn't some psychotic maniac with a weapon.
haha, thank you man, the answer is, no she was not hot, I would give her a 6 maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nition View Post
It was very kind of you not to file charges. All I can say is Karma has her ways. I can't guarantee I would've done the same but I completely understand what you did. But it always sucks when the innocent ends up getting really hurt (I mean your car of course). Hope your days get better.
Thank you for the support man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Well, if she's hot... other arrangements could then be made.

Otherwise you should help get rid one drunk on the road. It's pretty scary to drive on weekends because Cali is so damn liberal about everything, including DUI's.
hahaha, your funny man, she was not hot, and I have been with my girl for 9 years, she is the only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I don't understand the mercy here... it was because she was a woman? Not only she was drunk while driving, she hits and runs, and then when confronted she tried to run you over although you offered to not call the cops (that was really stupid, IMO) and then you get bitch-slapped by this person...

Damn. You should be glad that you were not shot.

Good luck getting your car fixed.
Only difference would be, I would attempt to protect myself, or pin the person down if it was a male.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
jesus man i dont know how you kept your composure, and you still offered her a chance to skip the DUI?!? not sure i would have done that, youre too nice man.

glad thats all that happened, things could have been a lot worse for both of you

+1000000

if this ended at the parking lot and she didnt drive away, i could understand letting it go, but she went wayyyy beyond that
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
I have a sickening feeling after seeing that video. Sorry man.
Yeah, does suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooowowizstev View Post
+1111111111111111111111111111000000000000000000000 000000

Alex man... you're the nicest guy in the world! I have no idea how it was possible for you to keep your composure after that. I agree with almost everyone in this thread, you should press charges. If it were me, I'd do everything in my power to make sure she gets the maximum penalty. Just her trying to back her car into you is enough to tell me that she does not belong on the streets. She may have been a young and small girl but she could've done damage. But I'm glad you're ok and I'm sure you'll be back in the M in no time.
Hey, thank you very much for the kind words man, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife 335I 2008 View Post
I would have to say you have some patients from that video. The only reason you should press charges is she did a hit and run. If she didnt then i would say no but its fact that she drove off. Even after you confronted her tried to stop her from getting a dui she still tried to get aggressive. I bet she will drive drunk again sometime soon if you don't...
Thank you, I hope not!
      10-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #70
bobbyd1961
Banned

Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

what do you expect from someone driving a piece of crap mercedes benz. she did it on purpose
      10-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #71
Alex@Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
Just insane.. Props to you for being extra calm in a situation like this. Very few people with that kind of ability. And for whatever decision you've made for this girl to not press charges, that is extremely kind. I do side with everyone else though, she really should not be on the streets. I am just glad that she did not kill you or anyone else that night..

Good luck with everything. I've seen your work on my buddy James's e90 and your products speak for themselves.

Hey thanks man, and thank you for the great comments, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dntlvet View Post
She really needs to have you PRESS battery charges because she needs help big time.
She sure does need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
You are a better person that me. After the female punched me about 10 times I would have lost it...especially after she already smashed my car!

Glad to hear you're okay...hope the car comes back looking good as new.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomis View Post
Glad to see your ok Alex! So sorry about the car! Nobody got hurt this time but next time she might kill someone! so sue the BITCH!! I would have!!!!
haha, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green///Hell View Post
Are you fucking kidding me?? That video hurt to watch
In that situation you should of laid her out
hahaha, can't believe your selling your car, it was a dream!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Man, that's crazy! Glad you're ok. It's a good thing you kept your cool, too.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.G. View Post
I have to agree with everyone else on this one. I am a pretty easy going guy and dont look for opportunities to ruin other peoples life, but this instance shows some people dont learn their lesson.

THe fact that she has had these before show that the first punishment was not good enough.

The fact that she tried to outrun you, then proceed to run you over shows she has no regard for anyone's life.

The fact that she was beating you was prob an attempt to get you to hit her and flip this thing around.

Bottom line, drunk or not (an excuse allowed to slide waaay too often), this womans actions are unacceptable and she needs to be SEVERELY punished for them. And like the other poster said. I can almost guarantee that if that was a pedestrian she would have PEELED out!!!
That is a scary thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMID INC View Post
whoa nuts!! that's a cool story but damn that sucks. good thing you weren't hurt. i would file the battery claim. she could have killed someone that night w her stupid driving.
Your right in a sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack View Post
Holy shit
Took the words out my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
He was smart not to fight back when she was attacking him. She could have tried to file charges of her own and if the case goes to court her defense attorney could use that against him to build sympathy.
Thats a great point, happy I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlton113 View Post
i'm sorry bro but youre a saint!!! i did really bad things as a kid and PAID my dues for it!!!(jail, probation, institutionalized, reHab, and fines out the ass!!!) this was back in the 90's, but still..i commend your patience and tolerance for such a moron like her.. but maybe your forgiving attitude will hurt her more than help her. Maybe if i didnt have so many chances, i wouldnt of got in so much trouble as a teen.
but forget all that, I WOULDVE ended up going to jail with her ifi was you!!!! i wouldve gone BANANAS!!! HOLSY SH*T!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR..just watching your video and reading the story made my blood BOIL!!!
if you still can.. i would reconsider and press charges to the fullest extent on her... and like i said before, i've been there too, but she deserves more than just a DUI charge/Hit and run charge on her stupid a$$!!!
You guys sure have me thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBoost View Post
crazy!!!
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsis View Post
Alex, you should press charges not because you're not a saint, but because it's the right thing to do. By not filing charges, you're giving her a chance to go out and do the same thing again to someone else. Like someone else said, the next person to get hit by her probably won't be twice her size and be able to defend themselves.

If this isn't her first offense, she obviously didn't learn her lesson the first time around. Press charges, let her suffer the consequences of her actions, and save the lives of those around you.
:X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
Most important thing was you are ok... that said... you showed some serious self discipline... I'm not so sure i would'nt have at least pushed her on the floor.....

end result was good as you managed to get her arrested..

I feel so sorry for your poor M3 though... what a shunt,....

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974 View Post
Which 7/11 did this take place at?
Little Santa Monica Blvd, half a block east of Westwood Blvd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabman5 View Post
Alex, I really don't understand your thinking on this. Did her "big shot" father make an offer you ca't refuse?

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangzeyuandss View Post
wow, You do have a nice self control. I am not sure I would do the same in this situation, since she hit your baby M ,runway, trying to reverse you,and then punch you. I would at least pull her out, lay her down on the curb and sit on her head while waiting for the police to arrive. lol still bro, sorry for your lost, hope you can get all the damages fixed properly, and I would serious consider pressing charges on her. Someone just need to learn their lessons the hard way.you might just doing her a favor by doing it. Or next time she piss off someone else, I am sure she is not getting away with that this easy.probably end up getting beat up really bad or killed
      10-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #72
Alex@Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
what do you expect from someone driving a piece of crap mercedes benz. she did it on purpose
hahaha, oh man that was funny!
      10-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #73
EDM92
Colonel

Drives: Low&Slow

I almost cried for you. Not really, but that is some fcked up stuff right there. I always think about how I want a really crappy daily driver, but then again when would I have fun with my baby? Driving weekdays or weekends, it's all the same chance of getting hit no matter where you are, even in a 7-11 parking lot that's pretty empty....

Sorry about the loss, hopefully it will be back in your hands just the way it was before all this happened. I still can't get over the fact that she kicked your car...and then tried to drive away IN YOUR CAR! People these days....

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
EDM92 is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #74
JohnnyRoaster
Captain

Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

Damn good thing you didn't have a passenger with you that was getting out when she hit you. Your car moved quite a bit when she hit it. I am sure you know, but make sure they check the alignment and suspension for any damage.

Did the passenger side air bag deploy? It looks like something came out near the upper part of the passenger side window.

Good luck on getting things sorted out.
      10-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #75
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
I still can't get over the fact that she kicked your car...and then tried to drive away IN YOUR CAR! People these days....
Well she was quite drunk you know. I am glad no one was hurt. What happened on the side of the road could have turned into something really bad. I say go after her insurance on anything you can think of, personal injury from the collision, loss of use and suffering..., just as a backup in case you can't get much out of her to repair all the damages.

Small claims is too much hassle, it is much easier to go after her insurance than going after her, for your own sanity. Good luck.
      10-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #76
LACSTER
Major General

Drives: very slow

I'm pretty sure you were part of the MFEST group going to SEMA this year too right?

Glad you're okay and good things happen to good people
      10-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #77
blueaudi18
Colonel

Drives: e92 08' 335i , mb sl500

Send a message via AIM to blueaudi18
sorry if someone asked this already... but was she hot?!!!

POSTED WITH APOLOGIES FOR POOR SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE
blueaudi18 is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #78
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

sorry hear and see.
good thing is you found her and most importantly that you're ok.

"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #79
CarForHire
Major

Drives: Slow in the left lane.

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Glad you're okay. I hope everything works out well for you. To forgive someone in a situation like this makes you that much of a better person.
      10-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #80
esquire
Colonel

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe

truly sorry about your car man. but i suppose, in the grand scheme of things, things could have been much worse. i'm just glad you're safe and healthy.

and even though there is nothing funny about what happened to you last night... i have to tell you, i couldn't help but laugh when i noticed her ACCELERATING into you from what looked to be a super slow roll. Its almost as if she took aim, and just decided to floor it. it's like.. ARE YOU FOR REAL??? you're going to accelerate NOW???

then after that, there is a delayed crashing sound on your video. i'm not sure if that's the actual sound of her hitting your car, or if that's something going on in the background of the store, like someone dropping a slurpee, but that somehow made her backing into you seem even more outlandish.

count your blessings brother. you're safe, and we can live to laugh about the situation. its commendable how you handled yourself with grace under fire. hope the car gets fixed asap

- esquire

p.s. i'm also guessing this is NOT her first DUI. that kind of over the top behavior isn't from someone who's ashamed of what they've done.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #81
chrisE92
Brigadier General

Drives: Monaco Blue E92

glad to see you're ok man. good luck with the situation, although I'm sure things will work out in your favor.
      10-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #82
yeefoo335
Private

Drives: 335i

Cha Ching! Lol
      10-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #83
pittsy
Captain

Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

wow, what a dumb bitch
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
pittsy is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #84
Year's_End
Local Jabroni

Drives: '08 E92 335i

I'd feel destroyed if someone did that to my car. You're far better at controlling your anger than I would be if I was in that situation. I would've definitely pursued the battery charges.

I'm hoping the legal system doesn't go easy on her. Good to hear you're okay too, man.

Hold out for the BRZ STI or... Rocket Bunny FRS. Update: Scratch that. I've got a 2015 5.0/6MT with my name on it.
Year's_End is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #85
shoei
Major

Drives: 2010 E92 M3 AW...

Alex... crazy shit, I can't believe that went down at our 7-11... and to think I always park where you did, lol...

when I first clicked on the video, I thought to myself; damn, that looks like the 7-11 right by my house, they even have the red box machine in the same spot and the mountain of water cases piled up outside... and then I saw your car... and the I cried when I saw the violence... violence being the Mercedes on BMW crime... or the white on white crime, whatever...

it's our neighborhood man, 2 days ago, I saw a lady in a white Mercedes (coincidence? I think not) sideswipe a parked escalade... a brand new escalade... she was too busy yapping on her cell phone... then, she looks all around and takes off...

but I'm glad you're alright and your baby will be as good as new shortly... and next time, if you can't hit her, pay one of the homeless guys that are always camped outside that 7-11 to tackle her for u...
      10-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #86
pentaxis
Lieutenant

Drives: Space Grey E92 335i

The fact that she has the audacity to attempt a physical assault on you and your property warrants charges being brought against her even if she wasn't successful.

Outrageous behavior like that should not be condoned through dismissal. Her attack to your vehicle and person happened AFTER she hit your vehicle, and after she attempted evasion.

If this is her second DUI, it is obvious that a slap on the wrist doesn't help this girl. Get her locked up or off the streets as long as possible so it doesn't happen again soon. What if you could prevent someone from dying or being severely injured by making sure this doesn't happen again soon? Not your fault obviously if it did happen, but I surely would like to know that I could prevent as much pain and suffering of other people as possible.

Good job keeping your cool regarding the whole situation. It is nice to see an adult response to an incident such as this.

Cheers,

-Paul
pentaxis is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #87
ss134
Brigadier General

Drives: E90 M3 DCT & COOPER S

You handled that situation a lot better than i would have done - i would probably have been facing charges if i'd got hold of her! Hope things are sorted quickly
ss134 is offline   United Kingdom
      10-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #88
auggiem3
Captain

Drives: e92 M3 / former e46 M3 owner

As mentioned, way to keep cool. I'm glad you're ok and sorry you need to deal with life without the ///M for a few weeks.
auggiem3 is offline   United_States