BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

ESS Tuning

10-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #45
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '11 E90 M3, '12 958 S

Send a message via AIM to a burrito
Just insane.. Props to you for being extra calm in a situation like this. Very few people with that kind of ability. And for whatever decision you've made for this girl to not press charges, that is extremely kind. I do side with everyone else though, she really should not be on the streets. I am just glad that she did not kill you or anyone else that night..

Good luck with everything. I've seen your work on my buddy James's e90 and your products speak for themselves.

AD08. Akra. Huper Optik. KW V3. Macht Schnell. RE SSK. TMS.
a burrito is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #46
Dntlvet
Dntlvet

Drives: 10 M3 Sedan,13 GT-R BE,13 Pors

She really needs to have you PRESS battery charges because she needs help big time.
Dntlvet is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #47
dardeca
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 M3 E92

You are a better person that me. After the female punched me about 10 times I would have lost it...especially after she already smashed my car!

Glad to hear you're okay...hope the car comes back looking good as new.

M3 Supplemental manual p.38: "The laws of physics cannot be repealed, even with DSC."
dardeca is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #48
Bomis
Captain

Drives: BMW E92 M3

Glad to see your ok Alex! So sorry about the car! Nobody got hurt this time but next time she might kill someone! so sue the BITCH!! I would have!!!!

EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Bomis is offline   Sweden
      10-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #49
Green///Hell
Colonel

Drives: E92 M3 6MT AW

Are you fucking kidding me?? That video hurt to watch
In that situation you should of laid her out
      10-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #50
cyberkaa
:facepalm:

Drives: '03 332i, '89 325i, '02 M3

Garage List
2003 M/332i (325i b ...  [4.67]
2002 M3  [0.00]
1989 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa
Man, that's crazy! Glad you're ok. It's a good thing you kept your cool, too.

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
cyberkaa is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #51
B.G.

Drives: M3

I have to agree with everyone else on this one. I am a pretty easy going guy and dont look for opportunities to ruin other peoples life, but this instance shows some people dont learn their lesson.

THe fact that she has had these before show that the first punishment was not good enough.

The fact that she tried to outrun you, then proceed to run you over shows she has no regard for anyone's life.

The fact that she was beating you was prob an attempt to get you to hit her and flip this thing around.

Bottom line, drunk or not (an excuse allowed to slide waaay too often), this womans actions are unacceptable and she needs to be SEVERELY punished for them. And like the other poster said. I can almost guarantee that if that was a pedestrian she would have PEELED out!!!
      10-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #52
OMID INC
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E70 X5

whoa nuts!! that's a cool story but damn that sucks. good thing you weren't hurt. i would file the battery claim. she could have killed someone that night w her stupid driving.
      10-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #53
fastrack
Captain

Drives: 11 MW e92 M3

Holy shit

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection
fastrack is offline   Canada
      10-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #54
FStop7
I like cars

Drives: M6

He was smart not to fight back when she was attacking him. She could have tried to file charges of her own and if the case goes to court her defense attorney could use that against him to build sympathy.
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
      10-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #55
charlton113
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 Interlagos Blue Coupe

Garage List
2009 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
i'm sorry bro but youre a saint!!! i did really bad things as a kid and PAID my dues for it!!!(jail, probation, institutionalized, reHab, and fines out the ass!!!) this was back in the 90's, but still..i commend your patience and tolerance for such a moron like her.. but maybe your forgiving attitude will hurt her more than help her. Maybe if i didnt have so many chances, i wouldnt of got in so much trouble as a teen.
but forget all that, I WOULDVE ended up going to jail with her ifi was you!!!! i wouldve gone BANANAS!!! HOLSY SH*T!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR..just watching your video and reading the story made my blood BOIL!!!
if you still can.. i would reconsider and press charges to the fullest extent on her... and like i said before, i've been there too, but she deserves more than just a DUI charge/Hit and run charge on her stupid a$$!!!
      10-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #56
JonnyBoost
First Lieutenant

Drives: bmw

crazy!!!
JonnyBoost is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #57
eclipsisNA
Colonel

Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Alex, you should press charges not because you're not a saint, but because it's the right thing to do. By not filing charges, you're giving her a chance to go out and do the same thing again to someone else. Like someone else said, the next person to get hit by her probably won't be twice her size and be able to defend themselves.

If this isn't her first offense, she obviously didn't learn her lesson the first time around. Press charges, let her suffer the consequences of her actions, and save the lives of those around you.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #58
Alex@Alpine
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
I understand where you are coming from, I can tell you this, the fact she was a girl, did not really change anything for me, I did not give her any benefits because she was a girl up until she hit me, at this point if it was a MALE, I would attempt to protect myself unless the guy was very small and I highly over powered him, then I would just pin him down.

I think she blew over a .2, so it was mostly the drinks doing the job. I was not sure if I did the right thing by not pressing charges myself, but when I got home, I couldn't sleep right away out of shock, my car window would not go up also and the door was pushed out, so even if it did go up, there was no seal with the door, so I was thinking on how to cover it, and with what just in case it rained. Between all this, I googled her name, found her, the girl does a lot of charity work, AID's walks, helps homeless kids, etc. At that point I thought I made the correct choice.

However, the police did call me, and said they listened to the 911 call, and the state might be pressing battery charges against her, and at that time I must be a witness to the crime. I will still tell the District Attorneys office what I told the officers, I would not like battery charges to be pressed against her.

Answers to your questions...

How old was she?
Why did she attack you? Did you provoke her? Was she just insane or trying to be hardcore?
She ran, when I found her, I blocked her in, she was so drunk, she couldn't figure out how to put the car in reverse, with a very low tone voice, no anger, I explained to her, all I want is your license, insurance, and for someone to pick her up, I think the last comment for someone to pick her up, got her angry and she told me who the F*** do I think I am, her dad. Then she handed me the medical kit from her car, I asked her what is this? She goes, that is my driver licenses, and she would not give me any of her info, so I was like okay, let me get the plate number down first, as I was taking a picture with my iPhone, I noticed the car jump in reverse really fast, but she hit the curve again, stopping the car, I ran, put the car in park, grabbed the key, this is where she started to attack me. Even as she was attacking me, I was telling her, "PLEASE, your DRUNK THINK THIS OVER!
Would you classify her as a spoiled rich girl?
There is a high chance she might have been, she kept screaming at me, "my dad is the head hancho in town, consider yourself dead if you already called the cops" (cops got that on recording, I was on the phone with them LOL) but she was driving a 2004 C Class Benz, none of the rich kids out here would even sit in that car, they all push 80K+ cars only. I had many rich friends growing up, my family was pretty broke, my dad drove a Taxi, and my mom worked at the bank as a teller, but they kept my sister and I growing up in a good area right next to Century City, Beverly Hills, all the good areas, so I could spot a rich kid from a mile away. The most of them are normal good kids, but there is a few of them who do abuse their nice cars, and act spoiled.
A hardcore cholita?
No
A female crip?
No
A crazy white bitch who forgot her daily dose of meds?
I was speaking to a couple officers for a few hours, being I grew up in the area, at the 18, I got my first car, I invested $500 in the stock market, made about 3K, pulled it out, got a VW Passat hooked it up, the cops would always pull me over for exhaust, no front plate, so on, I'm sure you guys know the deal, so I got to know some of them through the years, and one of them that showed up, was this really cool cop I have known since I was about 18, I am 27 currently. Talking with them, and the way she was acting even when the cops showed up, they figured it was a mix of drugs and drinks, and I would have to agree, I have never seen just drinks do that to someone

If you watch the video, you will notice her front bumper was falling off from the passenger side, and there is a big red stain on rear driver side panel, I thought it was blood at first, but someone had chugged a drink at her car, and there was a few other stains, so I am sure the girl had a very crazy night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
It's commendable that you kept your cool but I have to agree with most here - you should press charges because, as drunk as he might have been, assaulting you was a big mistake. You never know, she did it once and she could do it again. Next time, the other party might not be so lucky or be twice her size.

The fact that you said you felt her hits in the morning (and being twice her size) tells me that she actually struck you hard - she had malicious intent and she should pay for it.

I'm sure the forum would love to know a little more about her...

How old was she?
Why did she attack you? Did you provoke her? Was she just insane or trying to be hardcore?
A hardcore cholita?
A female crip?

DUI's are treated in a very laissez-faire approach here in California and aside from a few thousand dollars in fines, she'll be off the hook.

If she tried to get in your car and drive off (presumably trying to run you over) that's without a doubt attempted vehicular manslaughter, if not attempted murder. Regardless of the law here, she needs to pay for her actions - whether intoxicated or not - as members of society we all have to live together and can't act like this.

I think that you owe it to yourself and to society to make sure she gets the maximum penalty for all of her actions - next time, it could be her vs. one of our kids or one our family members tracking her down for the hit & run - the outcome might not be as positive as yours.

Basically, people like this deserve to pay, and I would have gone out of my way to make sure she spends a few months in jail with a revoked license and tens of thousands of dollars in damages.
      10-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #59
Dan_G

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Manual

Most important thing was you are ok... that said... you showed some serious self discipline... I'm not so sure i would'nt have at least pushed her on the floor.....

end result was good as you managed to get her arrested..

I feel so sorry for your poor M3 though... what a shunt,....
Dan_G is offline   United Kingdom
      10-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #60
phusion974
Lieutenant

Drives: OE Tuned C63

Which 7/11 did this take place at?
phusion974 is offline   Armenia
      10-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #61
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine

Garage List
What you said is just plain wrong in so many levels. As others have said, by letting her go sans charges would not only encourage her to commit the same offense again (the lack of consequence), you are also endangering your fellow citizens (what if there is a next time?). How do you feel if she killed someone next time? I bet you'd feel like an ass for not teaching her a lesson. At age 27, one should be able to understand what their social responsibilities are and what are the consequences of accepting them. That goes for both of you and the girl. As a responsible citizen, you have the duty to cooperate with the DA if they were to press charges. To try to talk them out of pressing charges is just your "Messiah Complex" doing the talking. In the end, it does nothing good to anyone. Seriously if you think that by doing good things and volunteering, one is allowed to commit ciminal offenses without consequences, that is completely lauhqble and naive. Doing good in your free time does not give you a get out of jail free card in real life.

This might all sound harsh but to let this female off the hook is just too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
I understand where you are coming from, I can tell you this, the fact she was a girl, did not really change anything for me, I did not give her any benefits because she was a girl up until she hit me, at this point if it was a MALE, I would attempt to protect myself unless the guy was very small and I highly over powered him, then I would just pin him down.

I think she blew over a .2, so it was mostly the drinks doing the job. I was not sure if I did the right thing by not pressing charges myself, but when I got home, I couldn't sleep right away out of shock, my car window would not go up also and the door was pushed out, so even if it did go up, there was no seal with the door, so I was thinking on how to cover it, and with what just in case it rained. Between all this, I googled her name, found her, the girl does a lot of charity work, AID's walks, helps homeless kids, etc. At that point I thought I made the correct choice.

However, the police did call me, and said they listened to the 911 call, and the state might be pressing battery charges against her, and at that time I must be a witness to the crime. I will still tell the District Attorneys office what I told the officers, I would not like battery charges to be pressed against her.

Answers to your questions...

How old was she?
She ran, when I found her, I blocked her in, she was so drunk, she couldn't figure out how to put the car in reverse, with a very low tone voice, no anger, I explained to her, all I want is your license, insurance, and for someone to pick her up, I think the last comment for someone to pick her up, got her angry and she told me who the F*** do I think I am, her dad. Then she handed me the medical kit from her car, I asked her what is this? She goes, that is my driver licenses, and she would not give me any of her info, so I was like okay, let me get the plate number down first, as I was taking a picture with my iPhone, I noticed the car jump in reverse really fast, but she hit the curve again, stopping the car, I ran, put the car in park, grabbed the key, this is where she started to attack me. Even as she was attacking me, I was telling her, "PLEASE, your DRUNK THINK THIS OVER!
There is a high chance she might have been, she kept screaming at me, "my dad is the head hancho in town, consider yourself dead if you already called the cops" (cops got that on recording, I was on the phone with them LOL) but she was driving a 2004 C Class Benz, none of the rich kids out here would even sit in that car, they all push 80K+ cars only. I had many rich friends growing up, my family was pretty broke, my dad drove a Taxi, and my mom worked at the bank as a teller, but they kept my sister and I growing up in a good area right next to Century City, Beverly Hills, all the good areas, so I could spot a rich kid from a mile away. The most of them are normal good kids, but there is a few of them who do abuse their nice cars, and act spoiled.
A hardcore cholita?
No
A female crip?
No
I was speaking to a couple officers for a few hours, being I grew up in the area, at the 18, I got my first car, I invested $500 in the stock market, made about 3K, pulled it out, got a VW Passat hooked it up, the cops would always pull me over for exhaust, no front plate, so on, I'm sure you guys know the deal, so I got to know some of them through the years, and one of them that showed up, was this really cool cop I have known since I was about 18, I am 27 currently. Talking with them, and the way she was acting even when the cops showed up, they figured it was a mix of drugs and drinks, and I would have to agree, I have never seen just drinks do that to someone

If you watch the video, you will notice her front bumper was falling off from the passenger side, and there is a big red stain on rear driver side panel, I thought it was blood at first, but someone had chugged a drink at her car, and there was a few other stains, so I am sure the girl had a very crazy night.
      10-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #62
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

LMAO at the medical kit part
      10-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #63
zhangzeyuandss
Captain

Drives: 2011 e92 MW m3

Send a message via AIM to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via MSN to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via Yahoo to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via Skype™ to zhangzeyuandss
wow, You do have a nice self control. I am not sure I would do the same in this situation, since she hit your baby M ,runway, trying to reverse you,and then punch you. I would at least pull her out, lay her down on the curb and sit on her head while waiting for the police to arrive. lol still bro, sorry for your lost, hope you can get all the damages fixed properly, and I would serious consider pressing charges on her. Someone just need to learn their lessons the hard way.you might just doing her a favor by doing it. Or next time she piss off someone else, I am sure she is not getting away with that this easy.probably end up getting beat up really bad or killed

2011.5 mineral white e92 zcp 6mt m3
zhangzeyuandss is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #64
rabman5
Lieutenant

Drives: '10 E92 M3 Jet Black

Alex, I really don't understand your thinking on this. Did her "big shot" father make an offer you ca't refuse?

2010 Jet Black DCT Coupe, LUX V3, VRS rep lip, B&B Exhaust, VMR 710 265/295 PSS.
rabman5 is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #65
zhangzeyuandss
Captain

Drives: 2011 e92 MW m3

Send a message via AIM to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via MSN to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via Yahoo to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via Skype™ to zhangzeyuandss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabman5 View Post
Alex, I really don't understand your thinking on this. Did her "big shot" father make an offer you ca't refuse?

2011.5 mineral white e92 zcp 6mt m3
zhangzeyuandss is offline   United_States
      10-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #66
Alex@Alpine
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to Alex@Alpine
Kev, I do understand what your saying, fully, as it stands, she has a reckless DUI, and a Hit and Run, both Felonies, I would have to say, that alone carries a lot of trouble, both carry high punishments, from the looks of things, she was having a crazy night, so I did stop her, and I did remove her key. No way no how was I going to let her drive drunk. I think a Misdemeanor Battery charge will just slow down her chances of getting her life back on track, we can have this argument for days to come, most people who come out of the system, find they are right back to breaking the law. I have seen two of my friends go through DUIs, in California, it is nothing simple when you hit someone in a DUI, its a felony and you get into big trouble.

I am very anti drinking and driving, I do not even believe in the .08 driving limit, I do not step foot in a car if I even had a single drink, I am sure if any of my friends are on the forums here, they will tell you that I am always the driver when we are out at parties or clubs. I drink maybe once every 2-3 months.

I feel drinking highly changes the person, I have this argument with my buddy all the time, he says "drinking brings the truth out of the person" and I say "drinking changes the person." I feel drinking makes you do things you would never do, or even think of doing. Most peoples mistakes, is they have no clue how many drinks they can have, and people need to learn that.

If this girl does not get time, I am sure she will get community service for 30+ Days, probably 50-100 AA classes, and probation from 3-5 years, she is at the start of her life, respected jobs and schools will not allow her to join because of what she now has on her record, and I feel that was enough, a battery charge will just top the scale.

Kev, the cops had me fill a report in, I did not hold back anything, I explained the story from start to finish, signed off on it, and if the DA asks me to be a witness, I will be right there. I will support my states choice in doing what they feel is what they should do, but I will explain to them, I was much more effected about the damages to my car, then her hits, I have no scares, bleeding, or anything at all, and for that I feel I would not like to press charges as a citizen. This my choice Kev, I am pretty sure most people on this forum saw her they would think the girl had no looks or anything that would make me go easy on her, I just plain felt bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
What you said is just plain wrong in so many levels. As others have said, by letting her go sans charges would not only encourage her to commit the same offense again (the lack of consequence), you are also endangering your fellow citizens (what if there is a next time?). How do you feel if she killed someone next time? I bet you'd feel like an ass for not teaching her a lesson. At age 27, one should be able to understand what their social responsibilities are and what are the consequences of accepting them. That goes for both of you and the girl. As a responsible citizen, you have the duty to cooperate with the DA if they were to press charges. To try to talk them out of pressing charges is just your "Messiah Complex" doing the talking. In the end, it does nothing good to anyone. Seriously if you think that by doing good things and volunteering, one is allowed to commit ciminal offenses without consequences, that is completely lauhqble and naive. Doing good in your free time does not give you a get out of jail free card in real life.

This might all sound harsh but to let this female off the hook is just too much.