BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
F82_SID
Brigadier General
F82_SID's Avatar
85
Rep
3,147
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

iTrader: (2)

Help with my deal?

Can you guys help me out with my deal?..... I have had allot of problems with my 335i so BMW agreed to a trade assist. Basically, they agreed to let me out of my lease early penalty free and sell me an M3 at invoice. Sounds like a great deal right! Well I ordered my M3 but after doing my research I realized that the dealer is marking up the financing from the base rate of .0018 to .0022 They insist that is BMWs rate but I know they are lying. What should I do? Is it unreasonable for me to ask for .0018? After all, this is a trade assist and BMW is trying to act like they are so caring because they are selling me the car at invoice.

I actually am going to try and do BMW Select anyway with leasing as a secondary option but still.
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
2,806
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
Can you guys help me out with my deal?..... I have had allot of problems with my 335i so BMW agreed to a trade assist. Basically, they agreed to let me out of my lease early penalty free and sell me an M3 at invoice. Sounds like a great deal right! Well I ordered my M3 but after doing my research I realized that the dealer is marking up the financing from the base rate of .0018 to .0022 They insist that is BMWs rate but I know they are lying. What should I do? Is it unreasonable for me to ask for .0018? After all, this is a trade assist and BMW is trying to act like they are so caring because they are selling me the car at invoice.

I actually am going to try and do BMW Select anyway with leasing as a secondary option but still.
Put them between a rock and a hard place with their own words that "This is BMWS own rate"

Say that "I have no problems paying BMWs rate whatsoever, and in fact I insist on doing so... so if I can demonstrate that several people from the BMW forums have secured deals at .0018 this month... or if I can provide official BMW documentation that the rates are at .0018 this month... then you shouldn't have a problem giving me that rate right??" ( I can help you get that documentation, by the way.)

Worst case scenario.. they refuse to give it to you... and you then have to decide if the deal is still worth it to you for an extra 15 dollars or whatever a month.

But... if you're financing with BMW select.. there's no room for any of this shennanigans. It's 1.9% for 60 months straight up. (a better rate than the lease, mind you).

- esquire
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
21
Rep
640
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Put them between a rock and a hard place with their own words that "This is BMWS own rate"

Say that "I have no problems paying BMWs rate whatsoever, and in fact I insist on doing so... so if I can demonstrate that several people from the BMW forums have secured deals at .0018 this month... or if I can provide official BMW documentation that the rates are at .0018 this month... then you shouldn't have a problem giving me that rate right??" ( I can help you get that documentation, by the way.)

Worst case scenario.. they refuse to give it to you... and you then have to decide if the deal is still worth it to you for an extra 15 dollars or whatever a month.

But... if you're financing with BMW select.. there's no room for any of this shennanigans. It's 1.9% for 60 months straight up. (a better rate than the lease, mind you).

- esquire
Isn't BMW select the baloon payment? The regular financing from BMW is 1.9% for 60 months. I remember the baloon payment interest rates were higher.

http://fs.bmwusa.com/BmwFsPulp/VEHSEL_BMWSelect.htm
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
kscarrol
Colonel
kscarrol's Avatar
United_States
263
Rep
2,611
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Not knowing the OP but doesn't credit score/history play a role here. You have to have a very strong credit score to get the 1.9% for 60 months and doesn't that apply to the 0.0018 MF in leasing? What does his credit score look like?
__________________
2011 Space Grey E90 M3, DCT, Comp. Pkg.
1997 Z3 2.8, Artic Silver, Tanin Red interior, MT
1974 2002tii, Inka, 5 sp manual
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
2,806
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Isn't BMW select the baloon payment? The regular financing from BMW is 1.9% for 60 months. I remember the baloon payment interest rates were higher.

http://fs.bmwusa.com/BmwFsPulp/VEHSEL_BMWSelect.htm
No they're the same. I know, my brother is doing one right now.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
2,806
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Not knowing the OP but doesn't credit score/history play a role here. You have to have a very strong credit score to get the 1.9% for 60 months and doesn't that apply to the 0.0018 MF in leasing? What does his credit score look like?
Yes no doubt, credit is a key factor. My advice above is premised on his credit justifying his demands. Whereas he made it sound like the dealership is unjustly giving him a higher interest rate.

Truth be told though, Auto FICO scores, typicaly run notably higher than normal (consumer or mortgage) FICO scores.. the algorithm/engine is much more forgiving.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
michaelw9
First Lieutenant
11
Rep
332
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 Yas Marina Blue M4
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

I just did the BMW Select financing, and the interest rate indeed is 1.900% for 60 months.

My credit score was high enough that I also could also raise the normal balloon by 3%; thus increasing the balloon and lowering the payment even further. I just borrowed $72,000~ for about $830 a month.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
2,806
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpuer View Post
see, i heard 1.9% from my CA too but why is it on BMWUSA.com saying the rate is 0.9% ?? Is it only for NON-balloon deals, just normal financing??
.9 is for a shorter term, 36 months i believe... or is it 24? But its definitely 1.9% for 60 month financing.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
michaelw9
First Lieutenant
11
Rep
332
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 Yas Marina Blue M4
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
.9 is for a shorter term, 36 months i believe... or is it 24? But its definitely 1.9% for 60 month financing.
It used to be 0.9% only for 24 months, but they increased that to 36 months for October. If they increase it to 60mo for Nov, I'll be really upset
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #10
hbcpa
Second Lieutenant
hbcpa's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
211
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelw9 View Post
It used to be 0.9% only for 24 months, but they increased that to 36 months for October. If they increase it to 60mo for Nov, I'll be really upset
I'm betting on .9% / 60 mo in Dec.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
F82_SID
Brigadier General
F82_SID's Avatar
85
Rep
3,147
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

iTrader: (2)

Is it pretty much standard that all dealerships mark up the MF the .0004 that BMW allows? That makes a dif of almost 50$ a month!
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
FastM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

same thing that happened to me. threaten to cancel the deal, the song changes real quick. or tell them you have a better quote from another dealership who is giving you the .00175.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
384
Rep
15,821
Posts

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (295)

wait you're doing a buy back and all they're doing is letting you out of the lease early and giving you a M3 at invoice?

either your state's lemon law's suck... or you don't know much about the buy back..

I got 91% of everything i paid back on my car. though it was finance

My friend who leased got all of his payments back after his first HPFP failure and obviously didn't have to continue the rest of the lease

you should get all of your lease payments returned to you (after your first failure) and return the car (getting out of the lease early)

and then go deal for a M3 at invoice
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #14
mrkhanna16
Captain
mrkhanna16's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
964
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 SSII/Fox Red ZCP DCT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
wait you're doing a buy back and all they're doing is letting you out of the lease early and giving you a M3 at invoice?

either your state's lemon law's suck... or you don't know much about the buy back..

I got 91% of everything i paid back on my car. though it was finance

My friend who leased got all of his payments back after his first HPFP failure and obviously didn't have to continue the rest of the lease

you should get all of your lease payments returned to you (after your first failure) and return the car (getting out of the lease early)

and then go deal for a M3 at invoice
+1 thats what im doing. getting all my payments and down-payment back minus like 2000 dollars for miles. getting a m3 at 600 over invoice.
__________________

E92 M3 SSII/Fox Red, DCT, ZCP
past rides-IS350, E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #15
mpardun
CO 14GIPPR
mpardun's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: '11 e90 ///M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

went up by 1% in November

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcpa View Post
I'm betting on .9% / 60 mo in Dec.
Not sure I'd take that bet...

M3's +1% (1.9% in Oct...2.9% in Nov.) for 60 Mo. plus they added $1,500 cash back (on lease, select and finance). Over the term, the new rate (even with cash back) still will cost you more.
__________________
2011.5 e90 M3 ZCP {Space Gray / 1/2 Fox Red & Blk / 6MT / ZCV / ZCW / ZP2 / EP Sound}
Former BMW's: '08 335i sil/blk (6sp) / '03 M3 sil/red (SMG) / '98 540i sil/blk (6sp)
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #16
F82_SID
Brigadier General
F82_SID's Avatar
85
Rep
3,147
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkhanna16 View Post
+1 thats what im doing. getting all my payments and down-payment back minus like 2000 dollars for miles. getting a m3 at 600 over invoice.
How many miles / months did you guys have on your car when they did the buy back?.... When my 1st (of 5) HPFP failed I already had over 20k on the clock.

When you guys say you got all your payments back, are you saying that BMW gave you a giant check?
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
Salespunk
Lieutenant
52
Rep
465
Posts

Drives: Slow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SlowCal

iTrader: (0)

That is the law in California. They must reimburse all payments made on the vehicle. It is their penalty for the hassle that the consumer goes through.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #18
F82_SID
Brigadier General
F82_SID's Avatar
85
Rep
3,147
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

iTrader: (2)

Right however, there are limitations on it. Here in Colorado, the lemon law says the the claim must be made within a certain mileage..... I think.....Thats why im asking how many miles you guys had on your car?
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #19
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
384
Rep
15,821
Posts

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (295)

My first HPFP went out at 2700 miles

Second at around 14k I think

It's usually 1st 18k miles or 18 months but as long as you're within the original warranty you can have your lawyer fight them.
I only had 2 so my case wasnt that strong but mine were low miles... So it helped

You have more mile but also a lot more HPFP

And yes BMW gave me a nice giant check that cashed immediately
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #20
F82_SID
Brigadier General
F82_SID's Avatar
85
Rep
3,147
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

iTrader: (2)

So how long did you have your car Persian54? Lease or purchase?
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #21
mrkhanna16
Captain
mrkhanna16's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
964
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 SSII/Fox Red ZCP DCT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
yes they gave me all my payments back plus my down-payment minus some cash for miles(charged only until the first incident).
__________________

E92 M3 SSII/Fox Red, DCT, ZCP
past rides-IS350, E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #22
F82_SID
Brigadier General
F82_SID's Avatar
85
Rep
3,147
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

iTrader: (2)

This is bull. BMW should have offered this to me a long time ago. I thought they were giving me a good deal by selling me a car a cost and letting me out of my lease 2 months early but not any more!

How did you guys initiate the buy back? How many miles did you have when they approved it?
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST