BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #23
jprooney
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 1M Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santiago, Chile

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

The C63 AMG isnt that "scary" beast you all seem to think guys, a DCT M3, ca perfectly hang with the C63 AMG , there are plenty of vids proving that in youtube, im talking stock c63 AMG vs. stock DCT M3, and thats only in straight line, because in any corner scenario the AMG would be watching the M3 rear plate all the time.
jprooney is online now   Chile
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #24
shiggy
Major
 
shiggy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2009 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vancouver

Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
but...but until the first corner.


an oldie but a goodie!!
__________________
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
shiggy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Subaru Legacy GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

Posts: 1,794
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post


an oldie but a goodie!!
That's definitely a fun piece, but of course it's got the overdramatized differences you typically find in Top Gear - and in most magazine comparisons as well. I'm not taking pot shots at any of those venues, but drama sells, pure and simple.

In point of fact, these cars are very close, both in acceleration and in the twisties.

I personally feel that the newest, highest-performing version of the M3 will be very close to even in straight line performance to the standard C63, but of course the latest C63 power pack offering will be that much quicker.

In the twisties, the M3 handles fairly well (not terrific, because of its size and weight), and will continue to be quicker than the Merc - but not by a ton.

On track, I personally feel that the C63 can be more fun than the M3 because of the amazing variation you can usefully use in terms of cornering attitudes, but of course no matter how much fun you're having, the M3 will be gradually pulling away.

Overall, I find the C63 to be the more fun and entertaining DD, and it's possible that given free choice (and wallet), I might have to move to the dark side and buy an automatic. In this case the Merc, since I am unimpressed with the bimmer auto in everyday driving.
bruce.augenstein@comcast. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #26
erm324
Major
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,055
iTrader: (1)

M3 DCT vs C63AMG straight line = even
M3 DCT vs C63AMG = a joke of a comparison

bottom line.
erm324 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #27
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
M3 DCT vs C63AMG straight line = even
M3 DCT vs C63AMG in twisties = a joke of a comparison

bottom line.
I think that's what you meant to say.

Regardless of owning and being a fan of the M3, I still love the C63. I almost bought one before I put the deposit down on the M but the turnoff was the rear diff. Just to get an LSD, Merc wanted an extra $3,500 if my memory serves me correctly (combined with some other bullshit like a super detailing or something). How do you give a car 451hp and 420lbft TQ with a peg leg?
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #28
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Subaru Legacy GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

Posts: 1,794
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
M3 DCT vs C63AMG straight line = even
M3 DCT vs C63AMG = a joke of a comparison

bottom line.
I assume you meant that comparing the M3 to the C63 in the twisties is a joke - but how do you know? Give us your experience, please.

In my experience (somewhere around four to five hours in various M3s, extensive and ongoing C63 experience), these cars are not very far apart in the twisties. Advantage M3, but not hugely far apart.

In addition, the C63 is fun right from a twist of the key, while you have to wring the M3's neck to get to the good stuff.
bruce.augenstein@comcast. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #29
adc
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

Posts: 4,033
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
In my experience (somewhere around four to five hours in various M3s, extensive and ongoing C63 experience), these cars are not very far apart in the twisties. Advantage M3, but not hugely far apart.
Try both in the rain too, let us know how it works out.
__________________

2009 E90 M3 ED
2014 X1 28i
2000 Boxster
adc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #30
cole328
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

I LOVE my M3 'vert, and would never own a C63, as it looks, sounds and drives like a "ricky racer" car. That said, it is fast as phuck in a straight line, and I know it would crush most M's in a straightline race....however, that is not at all something that interests me. So, all the C63 owners...I give you props, but different cars for different needs.
cole328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #31
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Subaru Legacy GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

Posts: 1,794
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Try both in the rain too, let us know how it works out.
Haven't driven the current M3 in the wet, but I'd bet it won't be a ton of fun.

Definitely a bunch better than the C63, though.

Personally, I don't tend to be exuberant in the rain while on the street, but just love it on track. In that venue, the M3 would simply walk away from the C63, I'd bet - but also bet that the C63 would be tremendous fun, as well. Just not quick.

Bruce

PS - Now that I think of it, is the bimmer a pig in the rain with the Contis?
bruce.augenstein@comcast. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #32
cole328
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

I think the Conti's stink in general (My '11 'vert came with them). I only have 3500 miles on the clock, as a DD, as they look to be about 50% (orr more) worn. That said, I live in FL, where it rains a ton. As long as you are not driving erratic, I have found the car to be just fine in the rain
cole328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #33
shiggy
Major
 
shiggy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2009 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vancouver

Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
That's definitely a fun piece, but of course it's got the overdramatized differences you typically find in Top Gear - and in most magazine comparisons as well. I'm not taking pot shots at any of those venues, but drama sells, pure and simple.

In point of fact, these cars are very close, both in acceleration and in the twisties.

I personally feel that the newest, highest-performing version of the M3 will be very close to even in straight line performance to the standard C63, but of course the latest C63 power pack offering will be that much quicker.

In the twisties, the M3 handles fairly well (not terrific, because of its size and weight), and will continue to be quicker than the Merc - but not by a ton.

On track, I personally feel that the C63 can be more fun than the M3 because of the amazing variation you can usefully use in terms of cornering attitudes, but of course no matter how much fun you're having, the M3 will be gradually pulling away.

Overall, I find the C63 to be the more fun and entertaining DD, and it's possible that given free choice (and wallet), I might have to move to the dark side and buy an automatic. In this case the Merc, since I am unimpressed with the bimmer auto in everyday driving.
sure its a fun piece...It's Top Gear!....whats your point???!!

but the bottom line is they took all three cars around the same track....same conditions and same driver and the M3 beat the C63 by 5 seconds....I may be stupid...but in the world of track racing, a 5 second beat is an asskicking!
__________________
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
shiggy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #34
shiggy
Major
 
shiggy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2009 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vancouver

Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
I assume you meant that comparing the M3 to the C63 in the twisties is a joke - but how do you know? Give us your experience, please.In my experience (somewhere around four to five hours in various M3s, extensive and ongoing C63 experience), these cars are not very far apart in the twisties. Advantage M3, but not hugely far apart.

In addition, the C63 is fun right from a twist of the key, while you have to wring the M3's neck to get to the good stuff.
and what is yours?!....you always sound so definitive in your replies.
what other cars do you own other than your Legacy?...spending 4 or 5 hours in an M3 makes you a subject expert???
__________________
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
shiggy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #35
phusion974
Lieutenant
 
phusion974's Avatar
 
Drives: OE Tuned C63
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 435
iTrader: (0)

An E92 M3 losses to a CLS 55, What makes you think a M3 would take a C63 in a straight line? Its been proven time and time again that the C63 just has way more brute power then an M3. Just like how the M3 has always handeld better then the C63.
AMG is notorious for big engine, big power. M's are known for handling.
Those are the facts.
phusion974 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #36
shiggy
Major
 
shiggy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2009 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vancouver

Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974 View Post
An E92 M3 losses to a CLS 55, What makes you think a M3 would take a C63 in a straight line? Its been proven time and time again that the C63 just has way more brute power then an M3. Just like how the M3 has always handeld better then the C63.
AMG is notorious for big engine, big power. M's are known for handling.
Those are the facts.
if that was directed at me...I said nothing about straight line.
Look down on this thread...that is a FACT!
__________________
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
shiggy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #37
M3 Montreal
Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

Posts: 2,158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
if that was directed at me...I said nothing about straight line.
Look down on this thread...that is a FACT!
The only thing I care about on this thread is... WHOSE butt is that on you sig Shiggy!?!?!?
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
M3 Montreal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #38
amgeater
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 335i and W220 S55 AMG
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hallandale Beach, FL

Posts: 380
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
if that was directed at me...I said nothing about straight line.
Look down on this thread...that is a FACT!

+ 1 the M is an incredible machine, but when it comes to that V8 nonono sorry they drop the ball.

and yes both cars have been tested many times on the TRACK !!!! and the M3 has beat the C63 all the time on handling....... BUT HERE IS THE THING MOST OF US BUY THIS CARS TO RACE THEM AT A LIGHT, OR DRIVING ON THE CITY, OR THE HIGHWAY, AND ITS ON A STRAIGHT LINE 99% THE TIME, AND THE C63 WILL BEAT THE M3 ALL DAY SINCE IS NOT A TRACK GUYS!!!!

what are you gonna say to the guy on the c63. if we go to the track I will kICK your ass in one lap!!! pleaseeee
amgeater is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #39
shiggy
Major
 
shiggy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2009 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vancouver

Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
The only thing I care about on this thread is... WHOSE butt is that on you sig Shiggy!?!?!?
Lol....her name is keyra augustina!
__________________
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
shiggy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #40
Dntlvet
Dntlvet
 
Dntlvet's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 M3 Sedan,13 GT-R BE,13 Pors
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin

Posts: 448
iTrader: (0)

R8 is a great car
Dntlvet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #41
amgeater
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 335i and W220 S55 AMG
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hallandale Beach, FL

Posts: 380
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
Lol....her name is keyra augustina!
goOD LOOKING BUTT!!!!
amgeater is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #42
amgeater
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 335i and W220 S55 AMG
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hallandale Beach, FL

Posts: 380
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Your post gave me a headache.
SORRY YOU WANT SOME C63 TYLENOL LMAO just playing around bro!!
amgeater is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #43
shiggy
Major
 
shiggy's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2009 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vancouver

Posts: 1,305
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgeater View Post
+ 1 the M is an incredible machine, but when it comes to that V8 nonono sorry they drop the ball.

and yes both cars have been tested many times on the TRACK !!!! and the M3 has beat the C63 all the time on handling....... BUT HERE IS THE THING MOST OF US BUY THIS CARS TO RACE THEM AT A LIGHT, OR DRIVING ON THE CITY, OR THE HIGHWAY, AND ITS ON A STRAIGHT LINE 99% THE TIME, AND THE C63 WILL BEAT THE M3 ALL DAY SINCE IS NOT A TRACK GUYS!!!!

what are you gonna say to the guy on the c63. if we go to the track I will kICK your ass in one lap!!! pleaseeee
The c63 is a one dimensional car...and its ugly too
The M3 is a great looking car, its quick...and excellent handling....it does everything well!...c63 is quick and...ummm...its fast...and...ummmm...its ummmm...yawn....never mind.
__________________
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
shiggy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #44
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
Lol....her name is keyra augustina!
Now THIS is something all you fools should familiarize yourselves with!!!!!

I havent heard that name in a few years. Thanks SHIG
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST