BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lux Angel Eyes
View Poll Results: Which of these questions would you support for your candidates?
Will you cosponsor H.R. 1207/ S. 604 [See original post for full text] 1 33.33%
Will you support legislation removing capital gains and sales taxes on gold and silver coinage? 1 33.33%
Will you vote to oppose... [See original post for full text] 0 0%
Will you support a Balanced Budget Amendment [See original post for full text] 0 0%
Will you support legislation that forbids U.S. troops from serving under United Nations command? 1 33.33%
Do you support and will you vote to protect states asserting their rights under the Tenth Amendment? 1 33.33%
Will you oppose Big Labor's Card Check bill [See original post for full text] 1 33.33%
Do you support U.S. withdrawal from the United Nations? 0 0%
Will you support the American Sovereignty Act [See original post for full text] 1 33.33%
Will you oppose using U.S. forces to occupy a foreign nation without a declaration of war? 2 66.67%
Will you oppose any attempt to nationalize our health care [See original post for full text] 1 33.33%
Will you oppose so-called "Cap and Trade" legislation? 2 66.67%
Will you vote to eliminate the IRS? 2 66.67%
Will you vote against any budget that increases our debt? 1 33.33%
Will you oppose federal power grabs [See original post for full text] 1 33.33%
Will you oppose any...National Identification Card [See original post for full text] 1 33.33%
Will you oppose the so-called "NAFTA Superhighway" and any move toward a North American Union? 1 33.33%
Will you support...72 hours to read [See original post for full text] 1 33.33%
Will you oppose all tax increases? 2 66.67%
Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for: Across the Board Income Tax Cut 1 33.33%
Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for: Capital Gains Tax Cut 1 33.33%
Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for: Business Tax Cut 1 33.33%
Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for: Estate Tax Cut 1 33.33%
Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for: Cut other taxes or fees 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

10-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Twenty Questions for Candidates

Which of these 20 questions would you answer "yes"? (or at least prefer that your candidate would answer yes)

Several of the questions had too many words to fit in the space allowed for a poll. Here is the full text for those questions:

1. Will you cosponsor and call for roll call votes on Ron Paul's Audit the Fed bill, designed to bring transparency to the Federal Reserve (H.R. 1207/ S. 604 in the 111th Congress)?

3. Will you vote to oppose any legislation that allows the federal government to prohibit the sale, use, or carrying of firearms?

4. Will you support a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution that includes hard spending limits and allows for no increase in taxes or other federal revenue enhancements?

7. Will you oppose Big Labor's Card Check bill and any other legislation designed to empower union bosses?

9. Will you support the American Sovereignty Act to restrict the Executive's ability to forge international agreements that lessen our sovereignty?

11. Will you oppose any attempt to nationalize our health care system, including any sort of public option for insurance?

15. Will you oppose federal power grabs like roving wiretaps and warrantless searches, and oppose Patriot Act renewal that includes such items?

16. Will you oppose any legislation that requires states and citizens to participate in a National Identification Card program?

18. Will you support legislation that ensures Members of Congress have at least 72 hours to read any bill before it is allowed to come to the House floor?

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto

Last edited by scottwww; 10-17-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

On a different day,there are a few questions I might answer differently than I did. But any candidate whose answers had significant correlation to mine would be worth a closer look.

For the answers provided by all candidates on the ballot seeking national office, see the originating website.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post

1. Will you cosponsor and call for roll call votes on Ron Paul's Audit the Fed bill, designed to bring transparency to the Federal Reserve (H.R. 1207/ S. 604 in the 111th Congress)?
While I love transparency, I can't say until I learn more about the Fed.

Quote:
3. Will you vote to oppose any legislation that allows the federal government to prohibit the sale, use, or carrying of firearms?
No. While I don't think owning an AK-47 or a ridiculously( but, legal) powerful firearm is important to self-defense, I wouldn't outright ban them. I would approve of things like mandatory safety/training classes so the user can handle the weapons they are buying safely and smartly though.

Quote:
4. Will you support a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution that includes hard spending limits and allows for no increase in taxes or other federal revenue enhancements?
No. I don't see why we need a constitutional amendment for it. Plus, we are a big country and we shouldn't limit ourselves of how much we spend( just as long as it is within our means requiring very little if any borrowing). With the state of our country is in, it is going to take a big investment into fixing the issues like infrastructure. Plus, Americans have to stop demanding lower and lower taxes. Hey, I am with you that I don't like my money is going to the government. But, it is a necessary evil. If we keep on reducing our government's revenue, the less money our government has to maintain and expand/improve our countries needs. For example, S. Korea is expanding their broadband to 1,000 Mbps by 2012. The US doesn't even come close to that. And the investment needed to do the same here would be pretty big. If we limit ourselves on what we can spend, we will not keep up with other countries competitively and technologically. Our taxes just need to be spent responsibly.

Quote:
7. Will you oppose Big Labor's Card Check bill and any other legislation designed to empower union bosses?
Tough one for me. I have seen both sides of this issue. I have seen a union destroy the company they work for( UAW and GM, Ford, and Chrysler) and I also have seen the executives try to scam their employees out of a paycheck( American Airlines and their unions). There needs to be a balance between these two forces.

Wouldn't exactly mind a law that requires executives to take a pay cut, no bonuses, and benefits cut if they ask their employees to do the same. Though I don't think that will gain much support.

Quote:
9. Will you support the American Sovereignty Act to restrict the Executive's ability to forge international agreements that lessen our sovereignty?
No. I thought Congress already had to approve of any treaty or something like this. So the check and balance is already set. Plus, I am not opposed to a North American Union( we would still have our border and deal with our own issues, but work closer together with Canada and Mexico on issues as well).

Quote:
11. Will you oppose any attempt to nationalize our health care system, including any sort of public option for insurance?
This isn't a simple answer for me. I do oppose a total takeover of healthcare with no option to buy private insurance. But, I do support a public option.

Quote:
15. Will you oppose federal power grabs like roving wiretaps and warrantless searches, and oppose Patriot Act renewal that includes such items?
Yes. Most definitely.

Quote:
16. Will you oppose any legislation that requires states and citizens to participate in a National Identification Card program?
Yes.

Quote:
18. Will you support legislation that ensures Members of Congress have at least 72 hours to read any bill before it is allowed to come to the House floor?
Yes.

Surprised there was no question about supporting term limits. I think that is a major issue that needs to be done. Congress has way too much power in our government. They can put a limit on the Presidential terms, but not for themselves.

Last edited by quagmire; 10-17-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
While I love transparency...
What do you think of the rest of the questions?

2. Will you support legislation removing capital gains and sales taxes on gold and silver coinage?

5. Will you support legislation that forbids U.S. troops from serving under United Nations command?

6. Do you support and will you vote to protect states asserting their rights under the Tenth Amendment?

8. Do you support U.S. withdrawal from the United Nations?

10. Will you oppose using U.S. forces to occupy a foreign nation without a declaration of war?

12. Will you oppose so-called "Cap and Trade" legislation?

13. Will you vote to eliminate the IRS?

14. Will you vote against any budget that increases our debt?

17. Will you oppose the so-called "NAFTA Superhighway" and any move toward a North American Union?

19. Will you oppose all tax increases?

20. Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for:

* Across the Board Income Tax Cut
* Capital Gains Tax Cut
* Business Tax Cut
* Estate Tax Cut
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine

Drives: 07 GTI