BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
mucusmembranesmoist
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 STI, 2011 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (0)

I need clarification

Hi Guys,

New to the forum. Spoke with someone today to discuss options but the client adviser I spoke to seemed not to know some of the details. I have a few questions unanswered and I really appreciate some info:

1. Is the M drive standard on all 2011 M3's ( I am looking for a sedan)
2. I was told that when you order the competition package, you cannot order the tech package. In lieu of the tech package, a convenience package can be ordered.
3. what is confusing is that on the online ordering guide the dealer gave me, it says that M drive is standard, yet when you go to the BMWUSA website it does not mention the M drive as an option nor does it mention a tech package option.
4. Then when you go to edmunds and truevalue.com, it seems that tech package can be ordered with comp package and pretty much you can be click happy and get all the packages you want (although some have overlap in what they contain)
5. aye....dios mio....

gracias...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

1. Yes M-Drive is standard. Changes were made for all cars made after September
2. ZTP (Tech Package) no longer exists. It has been replaced with ZCV (convenience package)
3. M-Drive is standard. BMWUSA has the updated information that you are looking for.
4. Edmunds and TV probably haven't updated their system yet.


Also ZPP (premium package) is now ZP2 (premium package 2).


Look here for all info:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/07/14/se...es-in-the-u-s/
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
mucusmembranesmoist
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 STI, 2011 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Thank you so much......I've back in forth with the dealer, brochure, edmunds, true car....dealer selling me comp/convenience/cold weather/prem 2/dct/enhanced sound/moonroof for for 69, 800...seems like a good price....
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

This Thread will give you all the information you need about pricing, and contents of 2011 packages.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427717
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

That's not a good price.

Invoice price for your car comes to 64,895. In essence you are paying roughly 5k over invoice.

PM me and I'll help you out.

Edit: Just realized you can't PM. I'll send you a message
Edit 2: can't pm you either. email is the only way then



Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
This Thread will give you all the information you need about pricing, and contents of 2011 packages.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427717

Yup follow that. If you need a good CA on the East Coast who does invoice pricing let me know and I'll send the contacts
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats


Last edited by VonSwoopington; 10-13-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
motortrend
Goldmember
6
Rep
300
Posts

 
Drives: EM Siree
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (2)

Ive never gotten my question answer, and it's related to this. What happns if you get the zp2 but not the conv package. How would m-drive work without idrive?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
mucusmembranesmoist
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 STI, 2011 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Vonswoopington...my email is primarysurvey@gmail.com...any help is great dude...I was about to pull the trigger on the price but you sparkled an interest in me. I will drive 2 hours to get the price at invoice for a fully loaded jerez black m3...actually my business partner needs one too...I need dct though he wants 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #8
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucusmembranesmoist View Post
Vonswoopington...my email is primarysurvey@gmail.com...any help is great dude...I was about to pull the trigger on the price but you sparkled an interest in me. I will drive 2 hours to get the price at invoice for a fully loaded jerez black m3...actually my business partner needs one too...I need dct though he wants 6 speed
email sent , hope that wasn't some spam account lol... "primarysurvey" sounds shady
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
mucusmembranesmoist
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 STI, 2011 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (0)

"Invoice price for your car comes to 64,895"

does this include destination fee, gas guzzler, regional fee?


I plugged the numbers in the truecar.com site someone here recommended and it came out to 69, 640:

sedan 2011
competition
convenience
premium 2
cold
DCT
moonroof
enhanced sound
extended black novillo
jerez black
carbon leather

for around 65, 000...i will take two.....

or if they have a fully loaded jerez black 2011 with every thing ticked at invoice, I will take two of these instead ( one must be dct though)
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 12:07 AM   #10
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Use the images that esquire linked you to for the pricing. Forget about truecar since you have the actual pricing.

The price I stated is without gas guzzler, tax, titles, destination, regional fee, and tags.

Also check your email
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats


Last edited by VonSwoopington; 10-14-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #11
mucusmembranesmoist
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 STI, 2011 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Jersey

iTrader: (0)

"email sent , hope that wasn't some spam account lol... "primarysurvey" sounds shady"

====

ha ha ha ha......primary survey is the initial stabilization exam in the ER....it does sound shady though....
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
hbcpa
Second Lieutenant
hbcpa's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
211
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 MR E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

I'm sure Von is hooking you up with David. Good guy at invoice pricing.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #13
Nelrock
Lieutenant
Nelrock's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
516
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oklahoma

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucusmembranesmoist View Post
Hi Guys,

New to the forum. Spoke with someone today to discuss options but the client adviser I spoke to seemed not to know some of the details. I have a few questions unanswered and I really appreciate some info:

1. Is the M drive standard on all 2011 M3's ( I am looking for a sedan)
2. I was told that when you order the competition package, you cannot order the tech package. In lieu of the tech package, a convenience package can be ordered.
3. what is confusing is that on the online ordering guide the dealer gave me, it says that M drive is standard, yet when you go to the BMWUSA website it does not mention the M drive as an option nor does it mention a tech package option.
4. Then when you go to edmunds and truevalue.com, it seems that tech package can be ordered with comp package and pretty much you can be click happy and get all the packages you want (although some have overlap in what they contain)
5. aye....dios mio....

gracias...
Never ceases to amaze me how little dealers know about the vehicles they're selling.
__________________

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcpa View Post
I'm sure Von is hooking you up with David. Good guy at invoice pricing.
Correct! I've had a great experience with him and have recommended him to a couple other people too.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
FastM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
134
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

dealers have no clue what they are selling.. there lost
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #16
BMWDavid
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BMWDavid's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
690
Posts


 
Drives: M3 ZCP Fire Orange
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: All of USA! Every BMW! Steve Thomas BMW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [5.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastM3 View Post
dealers have no clue what they are selling.. there lost
Tell me about it...
__________________
David ///M Aviles
Steve Thomas BMW
European Delivery | Performance Center | BMW Individual
Save Time and $ on ANY BMW anywhere in the USA. 202-262-2900

Get your Ultimate Quote here! -->www.bimmerdavid.com
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST