BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2010, 11:50 PM   #89
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
Getting close!

I think I'm just going to use PPF on the front bumper and side skirts (probably Ventureshield). If you want to do the whole hood in one piece I think you may have to use Ventureshield as the 3M stock doesn't come that size. No pricing yet from David.

Northwest will also be installing the CF front splitters and rear trunk spoiler.

It's so sad. I'm a grown man and feel like a 5 year old. This car is occupying my thoughts 24/7.
Me too... I can't wait to get it. I emailed them asking for a price but haven't heard back either.

Any reason why you chose not to do the full hood?
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #90
fastrack
0
Captain
 
fastrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 MW e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Penticton, BC

Posts: 782
iTrader: (4)

On marinetraffic it's still showing the elektra in Europe, what am i doing wrong?
__________________

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection
fastrack is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #91
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack View Post
On marinetraffic it's still showing the elektra in Europe, what am i doing wrong?

Go to the vessels tab up top and type in the name. Then click on ELEKTRA. Then click on show position. If its in range it will show up.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #92
fastrack
0
Captain
 
fastrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 MW e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Penticton, BC

Posts: 782
iTrader: (4)

it's like 100 miles from Halifax
__________________

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection
fastrack is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #93
fastrack
0
Captain
 
fastrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 MW e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Penticton, BC

Posts: 782
iTrader: (4)

It's in Halifax
__________________

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection
fastrack is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #94
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack View Post
It's in Halifax
Yup wasn't there for very long. It left for NJ a couple hours ago.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #95
Fsarc
0
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

Home stretch boys!!!

Fsarc is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #96
dexx
0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

Supposed to be docked in 4 hours.. I suppose we lose all tracking until it shows up at the dealership then right?
dexx is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #97
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
Supposed to be docked in 4 hours.. I suppose we lose all tracking until it shows up at the dealership then right?
I think so. ED cars have the longest wait too so I'm in it for the long haul..
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #98
fastrack
0
Captain
 
fastrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 MW e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Penticton, BC

Posts: 782
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
I think so. ED cars have the longest wait too so I'm in it for the long haul..
At least on don't have to wait for 10 day train ride
__________________

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection
fastrack is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2010, 06:25 AM   #99
Fsarc
0
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

If you track through E.H. Harms there is a field that says "Customs Clearance Date". At least this should tell us the vehicle has been released and should be at/or headed to the VPC. I think once it's cleared from Customs, the CA can track the vehicle again. Customs is my biggest worry for the car being held up. I'm really hoping to take delivery by the week of November 15th.
Fsarc is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #100
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
If you track through E.H. Harms there is a field that says "Customs Clearance Date". At least this should tell us the vehicle has been released and should be at/or headed to the VPC. I think once it's cleared from Customs, the CA can track the vehicle again. Customs is my biggest worry for the car being held up. I'm really hoping to take delivery by the week of November 15th.
Hey could you post the link if you can? I'm at work so don't have it bookmarked here.

Thanks

edit: nvm found it: https://eurodelivery.ehharms.com/Edts/audi/Default.aspx
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats


Last edited by VonSwoopington; 10-26-2010 at 09:54 AM.
VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #101
dexx
0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

If you look at the satellite view for the ship, it certainly looks like Elektra!! Perhaps it's just the same model ship, but it looks green as well. Neat.
dexx is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #102
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
If you look at the satellite view for the ship, it certainly looks like Elektra!! Perhaps it's just the same model ship, but it looks green as well. Neat.
Yeah I thought that was pretty cool too

Does anyone know if the WW tracking updates to reflect if the car was unloaded from the ship? Mine is still at "Loaded onto Vessel." I dont' expect the changes to show up anytime soon but I was jut wondering what the next step was.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #103
dexx
0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Yeah I thought that was pretty cool too

Does anyone know if the WW tracking updates to reflect if the car was unloaded from the ship? Mine is still at "Loaded onto Vessel." I dont' expect the changes to show up anytime soon but I was jut wondering what the next step was.
This is what I have.. I assume this is the last update from 2wglobal.com

DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 26-10-2010 13:00:00 1
DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 26-10-2010 08:00:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 13-10-2010 16:09:20 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 12-10-2010 15:03:23 1
BOOKED BREMEN 07-10-2010 14:38:45 1
dexx is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #104
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
This is what I have.. I assume this is the last update from 2wglobal.com

DELIVERED FROM NEW YORK, NY 26-10-2010 13:00:00 1
DISCHARGED NEW YORK, NY 26-10-2010 08:00:00 1
LOADED ON VESSEL BREMERHAVEN 13-10-2010 16:09:20 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL BREMERHAVEN 12-10-2010 15:03:23 1
BOOKED BREMEN 07-10-2010 14:38:45 1
Thanks. Just checked again and mine says the same thing. Woo!
I guess now we lose all tracking until it shows up at the dealer.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #105
dexx
0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

My dealer said no problem it should be in by next week, maybe even this week. LOL. I don't see it making it this week!
dexx is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #106
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
My dealer said no problem it should be in by next week, maybe even this week. LOL. I don't see it making it this week!
If you didn't do ED then you might have a very slight chance lol
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #107
cipher5
0
 
cipher5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 2,801
iTrader: (10)

None of you guys had a status entry for "Customs Release"?
My ship (Torino) is still pulling into port and hasn't docked yet, and I have an entry for Customs Release...
cipher5 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2010, 07:26 AM   #108
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Non ED cars get cleared before the ship docks in some cases
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #109
Fsarc
0
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Non ED cars get cleared before the ship docks in some cases
Correct. They get cleared while they are still on the ship. My car has been "acknowledged", but E.H. Harms has not provided the paperwork to Customs yet for clearance. I'll know as soon as this is done. I believe they have 5 working days once the cargo arrives to provide the paperwork to Customs or they start to face fines and storage fees. Once Customs gets the paperwork the car could be delayed by them if they want to further scrutinize it or if there are errors in the documentation that need to be resolved. I'm hoping my car is cleared by tomorrow or Monday and can head over to the VPC.
Fsarc is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #110
VonSwoopington
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
Correct. They get cleared while they are still on the ship. My car has been "acknowledged", but E.H. Harms has not provided the paperwork to Customs yet for clearance. I'll know as soon as this is done. I believe they have 5 working days once the cargo arrives to provide the paperwork to Customs or they start to face fines and storage fees. Once Customs gets the paperwork the car could be delayed by them if they want to further scrutinize it or if there are errors in the documentation that need to be resolved. I'm hoping my car is cleared by tomorrow or Monday and can head over to the VPC.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about this. Where did you check to see that your car was "acknowledged". The Harms site doesn't have any update for "Customs Clearance Date".
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST