BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #67
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

After speaking with David I believe it's Cliff from Auto Armour. As detailed in this thread- http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324938

Should be a great install if it's the same guy.

Group (2) buy if you're interested!
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #68
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Sweet I was looking into getting either from him or Raja Ventureshield. I'm down for the group buy. I think I can also get our M6 , and my friend's Acura TL, and perhaps an Acura MDX.

That comes out to 4 cars plus yours. PM me the pricing info you received from him if you don't mind. I have some quotes that other people sent me so it would be good to compare.

Thanks!
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #69
dexx
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

I need a clearbra too, how would a group buy work unless we drive down to NJ?
dexx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #70
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
I need a clearbra too, how would a group buy work unless we drive down to NJ?
Hi dexx- The dealer is in Owings Mills, MD. That is where me and VS will be picking our cars up from. Auto Armour is in MD also and works with that dealership so we can have the Clear Bra installed and ready for when we pick up the cars. Drive away protection from the dealership. Where are you picking your car up?

VS- David said that is definitely the same guy (Cliff) and sees him all the time at the dealership. Good to know- should be a quality install. He will contact Cliff and get pricing. I told David you are also interested. If you are changing anything out on the front bumper/fender like me we can send the parts down to David, and Cliff can install them when he does the PPF since some of those parts are removed anyway. That is exactly how I wanted it done so this sounds like a win-win.
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #71
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
Hi dexx- The dealer is in Owings Mills, MD. That is where me and VS will be picking our cars up from. Auto Armour is in MD also and works with that dealership so we can have the Clear Bra installed and ready for when we pick up the cars. Drive away protection from the dealership. Where are you picking your car up?

VS- David said that is definitely the same guy (Cliff) and sees him all the time at the dealership. Good to know- should be a quality install. He will contact Cliff and get pricing. I told David you are also interested. If you are changing anything out on the front bumper/fender like me we can send the parts down to David, and Cliff can install them when he does the PPF since some of those parts are removed anyway. That is exactly how I wanted it done so this sounds like a win-win.
Sweet. Keep me updated man. It would be nice to have the clearbra done by the time I pick up the car! Which parts are you considering to clearbra? I'm thinking of doing the entire front up to the hood, mirrors, sideskirts, and rear bumper.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #72
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

Front bumper, side skirts, mirrors, and now you have me thinking rear bumper. You getting the whole rear bumper wrapped? I was just thinking the area behind the rear wheels but I guess the rear bumper is a good idea also. Not sure about the hood. My 335 is 3 years old and most all of the chip/nicks are on the front bumper. Probably less than 5 total on the hood.
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #73
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
Front bumper, side skirts, mirrors, and now you have me thinking rear bumper. You getting the whole rear bumper wrapped? I was just thinking the area behind the rear wheels but I guess the rear bumper is a good idea also. Not sure about the hood. My 335 is 3 years old and most all of the chip/nicks are on the front bumper. Probably less than 5 total on the hood.
I think I was going to get the whole rear bumper but we'll see depending on the price. I don't think I'll be doing the roof. I might do it later on though.

Where did you purchase the exterior stuff like front grill and reflectors?
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #74
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

OEM Edition Series grills and gills from Tischer- everything else from IND.
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #75
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
OEM Edition Series grills and gills from Tischer- everything else from IND.
Thanks I'm planning on purchasing from them too. Are you going to run with plates or no plates? Isn't it NJ law to have them on the front? I know it is in VA.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #76
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

Probably do one of the options that don't require drilling the front bumper. Might run without for a while and see what happens. David already assured me the front bumper will not be drilled.
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #77
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
Probably do one of the options that don't require drilling the front bumper. Might run without for a while and see what happens. David already assured me the front bumper will not be drilled.
Yup I talked to him about that today also. to holes on the bumper.

I guess the only hole-less way is either the m-fest tow hook for $180 or http://www.wstoshop.com/servlet/the-...e-Plate/Detail for $56 after 5% coupon. Both are pricey for front plate holders but what can ya do... I just wish they were in the center though.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #78
dexx
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
Hi dexx- The dealer is in Owings Mills, MD. That is where me and VS will be picking our cars up from. Auto Armour is in MD also and works with that dealership so we can have the Clear Bra installed and ready for when we pick up the cars. Drive away protection from the dealership. Where are you picking your car up?
New Hampshire!
dexx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #79
dexx
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
Front bumper, side skirts, mirrors, and now you have me thinking rear bumper. You getting the whole rear bumper wrapped? I was just thinking the area behind the rear wheels but I guess the rear bumper is a good idea also. Not sure about the hood. My 335 is 3 years old and most all of the chip/nicks are on the front bumper. Probably less than 5 total on the hood.
I'm going to bet the front of the hood bulge is going to get a lot of chips. I guess the only choice is to do the whole hood? hmm. Well at least it's aluminum, it won't rust when it chips.
dexx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #80
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
I'm going to bet the front of the hood bulge is going to get a lot of chips. I guess the only choice is to do the whole hood? hmm. Well at least it's aluminum, it won't rust when it chips.
You can do half the hood but I think it looks stupid. Some people say they can't see the line where the clear bra ends but I see it for some reason.

fsarc did you get a price estimate from them?
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #81
dexx
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

of course you can see it, it's just a question of from how far away. Most people are nearly blind anyway (well compared to me).
dexx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #82
dexx
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 05 LGT w/AVO380, '11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (0)

There's a fine line between having some protection and being like your parents and wrapping everything in plastic so instead looking like shit someday, it looks like shit all the time. Headlights are manditory, that plastic will be pitted like crazy in no time.
dexx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #83
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
of course you can see it, it's just a question of from how far away. Most people are nearly blind anyway (well compared to me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
There's a fine line between having some protection and being like your parents and wrapping everything in plastic so instead looking like shit someday, it looks like shit all the time. Headlights are manditory, that plastic will be pitted like crazy in no time.
That's what I'm hoping the lifetime warranty will be useful for. You really can't see the "plastic" at all if you do the whole hood. About how it holds up over time.. not sure... but as I said, that's what the warranty is for.

I'm only really intersted in hood, mirror, and bottom of the rear bumper. If side skirts are cheap then I'll throw that in too.
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #84
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

Nothing yet on pricing. Have you done any reading on Ventureshield vs 3M etc? I'm beginning to question whether the VS is a good choice for a DD. A highly reputable shop in NYC wanted to do 3M instead of VS and said it is much more durable. From what I've read VS is easier to install, looks better, but is not a durable. I'm OCD with cleaning my car so I want to get this right and have no regrets, plus it's a lot of $$$. Let me know your thoughts. I'm thinking only front bumper and side skirts. I read this which is also unsettling...........

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=ventureshield
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #85
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
Nothing yet on pricing. Have you done any reading on Ventureshield vs 3M etc? I'm beginning to question whether the VS is a good choice for a DD. A highly reputable shop in NYC wanted to do 3M instead of VS and said it is much more durable. From what I've read VS is easier to install, looks better, but is not a durable. I'm OCD with cleaning my car so I want to get this right and have no regrets, plus it's a lot of $$$. Let me know your thoughts. I'm thinking only front bumper and side skirts. I read this which is also unsettling...........

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=ventureshield
Interesting find. Seems like VS requires a lot more work to maintain. I wonder how big the difference is in looks between Scotchguard and VS.

You aren't looking into getting your whole hood done anymore?
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #86
VonSwoopington
Captain
 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

Posts: 636
iTrader: (0)

Elektra's showing up on MarineTraffic again... It's getting close to Halifax!!

Can't wait!
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

VonSwoopington is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #87
fastrack
Captain
 
fastrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 MW e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Penticton, BC

Posts: 782
iTrader: (4)

I wish I lived in Halifax right now... Actually, no. I like bc better lol. I'll have a couple more weeks lol
__________________

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection
fastrack is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #88
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 418
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Elektra's showing up on MarineTraffic again... It's getting close to Halifax!!

Can't wait!
Getting close!

I think I'm just going to use PPF on the front bumper and side skirts (probably Ventureshield). If you want to do the whole hood in one piece I think you may have to use Ventureshield as the 3M stock doesn't come that size. No pricing yet from David.

Northwest will also be installing the CF front splitters and rear trunk spoiler.

It's so sad. I'm a grown man and feel like a 5 year old. This car is occupying my thoughts 24/7.
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST