BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Racewerkz Engineering

10-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
dbdedel
Registered

Drives: 2006 BMW X3

Inside heater not emitting heat

Hi! I hope everybody is doing well. This is my first post although Iíve been browsing through the forum once in a while. I have a 2006 X3, 3 liter which emitted heavy smoke that smells like hot coolant last April. When i checked the coolant level, i noticed that the coolant tank lost a lot of fluid. I brought this to the dealer and they replaced the Thermostat Housing and the Crank Case Vent Valve and connecting hoses. I was charged about two thousand dollars for that work. Two weeks ago, I noticed that the heater was not emitting warm air and the dealer advised me to have it checked.
This is the matter Iíd like to request a members sound advice. Is the problem related to the work done on the Thermostat Housing and Crank Case Vent Valve? I didnít use the heater last April up to now since it was summer. Iím apprehensive that if this is related to the work done five months ago I will be charged a big amount again because itís past over the warranty period.
Any advise would be appreciated.