BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Long Beach BMW - good spots available on wait list

Well they may just be trying to win my business from another dealer but I got a call from them yesterday. Spot #3 or #4 is available as well as spots higher than those. They did sell M5/6s at MSRP but forced you to take a LoJack plus some other lame non-factory option (so in essense it was not MSRP). I asked them to clarify MSRP as I would not move/place a deposit otherwise. The sales guy said he would get back to me but hasn't yet. Even if they do force a LoJack on you it should be a way to get a firt or second allocation and snag a new M3 very early on. I was suprised that any So. Cal dealers had spots this low. I hope this information can help a fellow board member get his/her baby sooner. Don't write back and shoot the messenger if LB BMW gives you a totally different message, it only means they lied, not me. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
will@longbeachbmw
will@longbeachbmw's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
735
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Well they may just be trying to win my business from another dealer but I got a call from them yesterday. Spot #3 or #4 is available as well as spots higher than those. They did sell M5/6s at MSRP but forced you to take a LoJack plus some other lame non-factory option (so in essense it was not MSRP). I asked them to clarify MSRP as I would not move/place a deposit otherwise. The sales guy said he would get back to me but hasn't yet. Even if they do force a LoJack on you it should be a way to get a firt or second allocation and snag a new M3 very early on. I was suprised that any So. Cal dealers had spots this low. I hope this information can help a fellow board member get his/her baby sooner. Don't write back and shoot the messenger if LB BMW gives you a totally different message, it only means they lied, not me. Good luck.
I'm actually a Forum Sponsor over at E90 post, and I stumbled on this thread. I will take orders for the M3 at MSRP. I'm in Internet Sales at Long Beach BMW.

Let me know who's interested guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 02:16 AM   #3
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
I'm actually a Forum Sponsor over at E90 post, and I stumbled on this thread. I will take orders for the M3 at MSRP. I'm in Internet Sales at Long Beach BMW.

Let me know who's interested guys!
Your welcome, Will! I'm sure my post got you some "mileage".
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
Robert
Major General
116
Rep
6,902
Posts

 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
I'm actually a Forum Sponsor over at E90 post, and I stumbled on this thread. I will take orders for the M3 at MSRP. I'm in Internet Sales at Long Beach BMW.

Let me know who's interested guys!
I have a spot at your dealership but not through internet department. Is there a difference? Will there be markup or extra accessories if not?
I do recommend Long Beach BMW to anyone though because of courtesy sales and no pressure buying. Worth to check them out.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
BMWDavid
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BMWDavid's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
690
Posts


 
Drives: M3 ZCP Fire Orange
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: All of USA! Every BMW! Steve Thomas BMW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [5.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Taking deposits for 2009. We are assuming that if BMW gives us one a month we have the 2008 model year sold. Spot 13 is at MSRP just like 1-3 and 5-12 are (#4 is mine).
__________________
David ///M Aviles
Steve Thomas BMW
European Delivery | Performance Center | BMW Individual
Save Time and $ on ANY BMW anywhere in the USA. 202-262-2900

Get your Ultimate Quote here! -->www.bimmerdavid.com
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2007, 04:22 AM   #6
Robert
Major General
116
Rep
6,902
Posts

 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)



Quote:
Originally Posted by david06M3 View Post
Taking deposits for 2009. We are assuming that if BMW gives us one a month we have the 2008 model year sold. Spot 13 is at MSRP just like 1-3 and 5-12 are (#4 is mine).
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 04:12 AM   #7
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Thumbs down Inconsistency at LBBMW

Well Will in "Internet sales" may be good on his word to get you a new M3 at MSRP. Their other sales folks are not. I just concluded an e-mail exchange with a sales rep there trying to move me from where I have my deposit now. He informed me of the following:

-Spot #n is not really spot #n as the owner will take some cars for his purpose (meaning to drive, sell to his friends or family, etc.) .
-Those willing to pay over list will be able to jump spots in line (i.e. their spot #s mean jack sh%$ !) .
-Early M5/6s at LBBMW sold for $25k over MSRP and still today come with mandatory options as I mentioned above .
-He thought the Car Magazine article had "photos" of the car ... UGH!

Well I don't mean to crush anyones hope but it sounds like LBBMW is a place to stay away from if you want honesty, transparency and MSRP. I can PM a copy of the letter to anyone who wants it or doubts my story.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
Robert
Major General
116
Rep
6,902
Posts

 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

It's cool if anything I will retract my deposit. I am not in a hurry to get first of the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Well Will in "Internet sales" may be good on his word to get you a new M3 at MSRP. Their other sales folks are not. I just concluded an e-mail exchange with a sales rep there trying to move me from where I have my deposit now. He informed me of the following:

-Spot #n is not really spot #n as the owner will take some cars for his purpose (meaning to drive, sell to his friends or family, etc.) .
-Those willing to pay over list will be able to jump spots in line (i.e. their spot #s mean jack sh%$ !) .
-Early M5/6s at LBBMW sold for $25k over MSRP and still today come with mandatory options as I mentioned above .
-He thought the Car Magazine article had "photos" of the car ... UGH!

Well I don't mean to crush anyones hope but it sounds like LBBMW is a place to stay away from if you want honesty, transparency and MSRP. I can PM a copy of the letter to anyone who wants it or doubts my story.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #9
DC52E55
Second Lieutenant
DC52E55's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 6MT, CT200h
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Will never called me back or reply my PMs. How do you get a hold of him?

Anyway, I added my list on steven creek BMW and they didnt promise me anything about price nor take my deposit. Just added my name on their list. Kinda weird.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #10
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
I'm actually a Forum Sponsor over at E90 post, and I stumbled on this thread. I will take orders for the M3 at MSRP. I'm in Internet Sales at Long Beach BMW.

Let me know who's interested guys!

MSRP for the soon to be release M3 is a bargain
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,285
Posts

 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
-Spot #n is not really spot #n as the owner will take some cars for his purpose (meaning to drive, sell to his friends or family, etc.) .
-Those willing to pay over list will be able to jump spots in line (i.e. their spot #s mean jack sh%$ !) .
-Early M5/6s at LBBMW sold for $25k over MSRP and still today come with mandatory options as I mentioned above
Wow, that's lame.

Guys, take your business elsewhere. Dealers like this end up getting stuck with cars. No one pays over MSRP anymore. Ask how long LB BMW had their '06 M Coupes sitting there with a markup. I bet they ended up selling them at a discount 6 months later.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #12
jtown
Lieutenant
jtown's Avatar
12
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC52E55 View Post
Will never called me back or reply my PMs. How do you get a hold of him?

Anyway, I added my list on steven creek BMW and they didnt promise me anything about price nor take my deposit. Just added my name on their list. Kinda weird.
Those guys are a$$holes. I wouldn't go there.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
freddiemac
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90 335i sedan
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Will is a good guy. Even though I didn't end up buying a car from him (I'm in Nor Cal), but he was cool, up-front, and helpful. So I was tempted to go down there and buy the car from him.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #14
imolazhp_ci
Major
12
Rep
1,002
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: orange county

iTrader: (0)

i'm spot number 8. woot!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST