BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
BarryC
Major
United_States
53
Rep
1,183
Posts

Drives: '15 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

iTrader: (11)

18" wheels and brembo 380mm

Which 18" wheels clear a 380mm 6 pot kit? Looking for a track wheel...

Thanks!

Barry
__________________
'15 M3, '16 911 Turbo S Cab
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
57
Rep
2,808
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
From my past research, I'm pretty sure the Volk TE37s should work. There is a ton of barrel space in mine.

I've been looking into APEX ARC-8s, I'll let you know when I find out.

:EDIT: ARC-8s only clear the StopTech 380mms.
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread

Last edited by flipm3; 09-29-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
Martin_D's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,789
Posts

Drives: Ford Super Duty
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (34)

HRE Fall Line
Volk TE37
Advan RS
CCW Corsair series
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
BarryC
Major
United_States
53
Rep
1,183
Posts

Drives: '15 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

iTrader: (11)

Thanks guys. Just got off the phone with Apex and they plan on having a version of the Arc-8 in Q1CY11 that will clear the 380mm brembo...

BC
__________________
'15 M3, '16 911 Turbo S Cab
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
57
Rep
2,808
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Thanks guys. Just got off the phone with Apex and they plan on having a version of the Arc-8 in Q1CY11 that will clear the 380mm brembo...

BC
nice! good to know! did they mention any progress on an 18x10.5 +27 by any chance?
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
BarryC
Major
United_States
53
Rep
1,183
Posts

Drives: '15 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

iTrader: (11)

Sorry but no didn't know to ask about it.....
__________________
'15 M3, '16 911 Turbo S Cab
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
57
Rep
2,808
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
no worries, just curious

and as always, car looks HOT!! what's your new "race car" that you mentioned in your For Sale thread?
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
BarryC
Major
United_States
53
Rep
1,183
Posts

Drives: '15 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
no worries, just curious

and as always, car looks HOT!! what's your new "race car" that you mentioned in your For Sale thread?
'03 M3 that we're converting into a dedicated track car. I was thinking about switching the brembos I have on the E90 to the E46 hence this post. I'm thinking about the Volk G2 in 18x10 et27 if I can figure out if they'll clear the calipers. Worst case I go with a 355mm rotor and get a bracket to make it work....

Thx!
BC
__________________
'15 M3, '16 911 Turbo S Cab
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
57
Rep
2,808
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
'03 M3 that we're converting into a dedicated track car. I was thinking about switching the brembos I have on the E90 to the E46 hence this post. I'm thinking about the Volk G2 in 18x10 et27 if I can figure out if they'll clear the calipers. Worst case I go with a 355mm rotor and get a bracket to make it work....

Thx!
BC
Nice!! E46 M3 ftw! i'm slowly building mine into a more streetable, yet track competitive car.

If you are really set on switching your E90 kit to the E46, then I'm pretty sure TE37s will fit. If those fit, I'm sure the G2's will as well. I've been in the E46 scene for quite some time now and people have come to the consensus that a 355mm kit is more than enough for our cars. Anything larger may give too much unsprung weight. The 380mm will also be a tight fit on these Volks, and although Brembro says that it's enough space, I'd personally be paranoid about sand, grass, dirt, rubber, rocks getting stuck. But people say that it can work, totally up to the owner of the car if they want to risk it.

Check out this link:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...ghlight=brembo

and here's a used set of TE37s for sale:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...highlight=TE37

i'd love to hear your plans for your E46 M3. i've been compiling a nice list of stuff i want to upgrade on mine. taking my car to track showed me that there is much to improve on these cars for reliability sake.
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #10
BarryC
Major
United_States
53
Rep
1,183
Posts

Drives: '15 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

iTrader: (11)

Thanks for the info! I'm most likely not going to make the switch - just thinking about it. I also have a 355mm Stoptech kit front only that I was also considering so I'll more than likely go that route...

I'll post up some pics on m3forum or something once I have some real progress to post up. Generally I plan to:

acid dip the car, paint it gt3rs orange, add a cf roof
full cage with race seats and fire suppresion
moton or tck coilovers, camber plates, rear control arms
bbk
headers and possible bimmerworld race exhaust, software
lexan windows
shortshiftkit
replace all bushings
subframe reinforcement
maybe csl type intake from VAC
apex arc-8 wheels

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Thanks again!
BC
__________________
'15 M3, '16 911 Turbo S Cab
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
rzm3
Moderator
rzm3's Avatar
302
Rep
4,655
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (16)

My CCW C14s are also designed to clear 380mm BBK. Forged for only ~$700 each wheel.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 DCT
1991 Spec Miata
2008 E92 M3 DCT - KW Competition 2-way / Brembo 365 BBK / OMP ARS racing seats / rear seats delete / GT4 aero / AiM EVO4 data logger / SmartyCam racing camera
2008 E92 M3 6MT
2008 E92 335xi
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
Cadence
Private First Class
8
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cool

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
My CCW C14s are also designed to clear 380mm BBK. Forged for only ~$700 each wheel.
Could you please post some pics? I could only find one dark front shot of your car with these wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 12:22 AM   #13
bunnn
Colonel
bunnn's Avatar
41
Rep
2,266
Posts

Drives: like a grandma
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (12)

I think the NEEZ CSC7 in 18s were suppose to be designed to clear up to 430mm brakes. Could be an option?
__________________
Cheers
Ben
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #14
biglare
Bulldog
biglare's Avatar
United_States
289
Rep
3,358
Posts

Drives: BMW & Porsche
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

Volk G2's will do the trick!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436827


__________________
Prev: Individual F80 M3 - Fjord Blue/Silverstone(interior) | Fashion Grey(exterior)

GTS
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #15
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
57
Rep
2,808
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm most likely not going to make the switch - just thinking about it. I also have a 355mm Stoptech kit front only that I was also considering so I'll more than likely go that route...

I'll post up some pics on m3forum or something once I have some real progress to post up. Generally I plan to:

acid dip the car, paint it gt3rs orange, add a cf roof
full cage with race seats and fire suppresion
moton or tck coilovers, camber plates, rear control arms
bbk
headers and possible bimmerworld race exhaust, software
lexan windows
shortshiftkit
replace all bushings
subframe reinforcement
maybe csl type intake from VAC
apex arc-8 wheels

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Thanks again!
BC
that seems like quite a good list!! i just most of my bushings replaced, as well as a subframe reinforcement.

IND will be installing my RE SSK and Tranny Mounts this winter. Then I might head to VS Motorsports to do my front subframe, engine mounts, control arms, and alignment.

When I recently took my car to the track, I noticed my brakes and engine temps getting pretty hot. With about 75k miles on the car, I may look into replacing the whole cooling system.

I spoke with Steve from VAC on the phone the other day, they're working on some way to pass to emissions, so if that works out, that may be in my near future as well. Although, I may go with their race box instead.

All the while, I'm saving up pennies on the side to get a Performance Friction BBK.....and the list goes on, hehe
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #16
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
57
Rep
2,808
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
hows your caliper clearance? did you ever get a chance to measure it?

oh and the car looks...
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #17
rzm3
Moderator
rzm3's Avatar
302
Rep
4,655
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Could you please post some pics? I could only find one dark front shot of your car with these wheels
click on the links in my sig below...
__________________
2011 E92 M3 DCT
1991 Spec Miata
2008 E92 M3 DCT - KW Competition 2-way / Brembo 365 BBK / OMP ARS racing seats / rear seats delete / GT4 aero / AiM EVO4 data logger / SmartyCam racing camera
2008 E92 M3 6MT
2008 E92 335xi
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #18
fatpanda
Private First Class
fatpanda's Avatar
1
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: M3 E90
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Uranus

iTrader: (0)

Hi, can Rays VRG2 18" also clear BBKs such as Brembo, AP or Endless?

oops just realised its been answered... looks like v tight clearance...

if theres no enough clearance, will it affect the brake performnace in terms of heat dissipation?

my friend's GTI had prodrives with minimal clearance, then switched to oz ultralegs for to b safe...

Last edited by fatpanda; 09-30-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #19
biglare
Bulldog
biglare's Avatar
United_States
289
Rep
3,358
Posts

Drives: BMW & Porsche
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
hows your caliper clearance? did you ever get a chance to measure it?

oh and the car looks...
At first I thought it was less, but I just went out there and it is closer to 3-4mm of clearance.

Brembo recommends 3mm of minimal clearance.

http://www.brembo.com/CatalogoHPGT/D...22A&idLingua=1



Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post
Hi, can Rays VRG2 18" also clear BBKs such as Brembo, AP or Endless?

oops just realised its been answered... looks like v tight clearance...

if theres no enough clearance, will it affect the brake performnace in terms of heat dissipation?

my friend's GTI had prodrives with minimal clearance, then switched to oz ultralegs for to b safe...
Yes, Volk G2's in 18" will fit the BBK!

It is tight and I am not sure about the heat question. I have yet to track this setup as they went on two days ago.
__________________
Prev: Individual F80 M3 - Fjord Blue/Silverstone(interior) | Fashion Grey(exterior)

GTS
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #20
MK599
I like Polar Bears..
MK599's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
HRE Fall Line
Volk TE37
Advan RS
CCW Corsair series
First of all, sorry to revive an old thread.

Martin: does the Advans RS clear a Brembo 380mm 6pot? I hear it will clear a Stoptech 380mm.
Im trying to not run spacers..
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #21
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
Martin_D's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,789
Posts

Drives: Ford Super Duty
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK599 View Post
First of all, sorry to revive an old thread.

Martin: does the Advans RS clear a Brembo 380mm 6pot? I hear it will clear a Stoptech 380mm.
Im trying to not run spacers..
Thanks
brembo 380 disc is for show. take that junk off and get the smaller rotors. race tech made the 380 kit for show, it is marketing bullshit.

get the smaller discs
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #22
MK599
I like Polar Bears..
MK599's Avatar
Canada
16
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
brembo 380 disc is for show. take that junk off and get the smaller rotors. race tech made the 380 kit for show, it is marketing bullshit.

get the smaller discs
Thanks for the advice Martin.
I was thinking that route as the 355mm kit is way more than I need. But who doesnt like a little show
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST