BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
VF-Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
yemenmocha's Avatar
15
Rep
376
Posts

Drives: 14 335i Msport-PPK, 06 M3
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

What are your e92 M3 comparison expectations?

I'm currently an e46 M3 owner and love M cars very much. I'm also enthusiastic about the new model, and in the back of my mind at least I have a few expectations. Of course we don't have the car's performance specs yet, but could you describe your predictions and expectations for how the new M3 will compare in performance to the 997S, base C6 vette, RS4, and e60 M5? What do you think the results will be in times at the 'ring, quarter mile, slalom, etc.?

I'm not looking for a car vs. car flame war, just a feeler for people's expectations of the new M3 with some of the competition listed above.

Peace,
Aaron
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
res_ipsa
Second Lieutenant
res_ipsa's Avatar
10
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 325i SparkGraphite
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I don't own an M3 and have never driven one But with the 335i already having great specs on paper, I expect the M3 will once again blow away the competition. It's hard to imagine BMW's 3-serise and M3 doing it generation after generation but so far the 3-series is still king of the sports sedans/coupes and there's no way they'll let the new M3 be anything but.

What are your expectations?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
junaid786
Private
0
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: Bmw M3 E46
Join Date: May 2006
Location: *

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by res_ipsa
I don't own an M3 and have never driven one But with the 335i already having great specs on paper, I expect the M3 will once again blow away the competition. It's hard to imagine BMW's 3-serise and M3 doing it generation after generation but so far the 3-series is still king of the sports sedans/coupes and there's no way they'll let the new M3 be anything but.

What are your expectations?
totalllly agree
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #4
cntlaw
Major General
cntlaw's Avatar
Hong Kong
106
Rep
6,874
Posts

Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yemenmocha
997S, base C6 vette, RS4, and e60 M5? What do you think the results will be in times at the 'ring, quarter mile, slalom, etc.?

M3 E90 V8 will beat all of them. No doubt about it. 0-100 at least 4.6s.
If the 2007 C63 is not attracting me as much as the C55, I will get the M3 E90 for the sake of BMW always have some nice body paints for the M badge.
__________________
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Garissimo
Captain
Garissimo's Avatar
7
Rep
645
Posts

Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hippie Town, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemenmocha
What do you think the results will be in times at the 'ring, quarter mile, slalom, etc.?
Times at the ring should approach the E46 M3 CSL if the tires are up to par. Quarter mile guess: 12.7@113mph. This will put it comfortably ahead of the RS4 without stepping on the M5's toes too badly.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #6
bmwexecutive
Banned
bmwexecutive's Avatar
83
Rep
2,453
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo
Times at the ring should approach the E46 M3 CSL if the tires are up to par. Quarter mile guess: 12.7@113mph. This will put it comfortably ahead of the RS4 without stepping on the M5's toes too badly.
No. I've got an inside connection and he said the quater mile will be 9.9@142MPH.




On the Porsche Carrera GT that is.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST