BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Interesting video...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/blaz...visors-allies/

Every time I hear Maxine Waters open her mouth, it makes me want to put a steel toe boot in it...
      09-23-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
MONSTER11
Private First Class

No responses?
      09-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
EDK99
Captain

Drives: 07 E85 M

At this point none of this is shocking. It is pretty clear this administration is about "Fairness" as currently evident by Obama not wanting to extend the tax cuts for all people.

I need to find the info but I read somewhere that expiring the tax cuts for the so called wealthy will only net the government something like 800 billion over some period of time. If you let all the tax cuts expire the government will net something like 2 trillion over the same period of time. This question was ask to Obama and his response was, letting them expire for the "wealthy" was about "fairness" and not generating money for the government.

There are now 3 social classes in this country, the looters, the moochers and the producers. The looters are in power now and their agenda is to seize wealth from the producers to give to the moochers.

Until this guy is removed from office and other people like Maxine Waters, Pelosi, Reed and so on this countries unemployment will stay where it is at or get worse.

If you are out of a job right now your best bet to finding one is to volunteer for a campaign that is running against a democrat.
      09-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
MONSTER11
Private First Class

I agree. I'm just suprised that no die-hard liberals on this site have tried to defend these idiots... but I guess it's hard to defend things when the opposition has facts, like video.
      09-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER11 View Post
I agree. I'm just suprised that no die-hard liberals on this site have tried to defend these idiots... but I guess it's hard to defend things when the opposition has facts, like video.
Who the hell would want to openly associate themselves with the likes of Nancy Pelosi or Barney Frank?
      09-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Monster, I like how you think just because someone is liberal they have to like politicians that are liberal.
      09-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
Monster, I like how you think just because someone is liberal they have to like politicians that are liberal.
I never said you liked any of these politicians but you do like and agree with their ideas, right? Their ideas is what is really wrong with these people, the fact that they are fucktards is just icing on the cake...
      09-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
I never said you liked any of these politicians but you do like and agree with their ideas, right? Their ideas is what is really wrong with these people, the fact that they are fucktards is just icing on the cake...
What do you mean by ideas? As in the Democrat party ideas and viewpoint of how to best run our country or just the people in power right now?
      09-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
What do you mean by ideas? As in the Democrat party ideas and viewpoint of how to best run our country or just the people in power right now?
The democratic party is who is in power now, so yes.
      09-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
quagmire
I am Gundam

Quote:
The democratic party is who is in power now, so yes.
That didn't exactly answer my question.

Do you not like the ideas of the Democratic Party or just the corrupt people in power now?( because we all know that you may call yourself a Democrat or Republican, but you do not represent the ideas that your party stands for aka Bush and Congress from 2001-2010).

Last edited by quagmire; 09-23-2010 at 04:07 PM.
      09-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
i don't like nancy pelosi or some democrats. i don't like most republicans. lol

haha you are such a typical texan republican.
      09-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #12
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
That didn't exactly answer my question.

Do you not like the ideas of the Democratic Party or just the corrupt people in power now?( because we all know that you may call yourself a Democrat or Republican, but you do not represent the ideas that your party stands for aka Bush and Congress from 2001-2010).
Both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
i don't like nancy pelosi or some democrats. i don't like most republicans. lol

haha you are such a typical texan republican.
And I don't like most democrats nor most republicans in congress now. I am a conservative, never did I state I was republican. Typical democrat/liberal, making things up in your head and then stating them as fact. If conservatives are so bad in Texas then why is do you think Texas is dong so much better than the rest of the country? We need more liberals in control of Texas so we will be equally in the shitter as the rest of the country. Lol.
      09-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #13
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
And I don't like most democrats nor most republicans in congress now. I am a conservative, never did I state I was republican. Typical democrat/liberal, making things up in your head and then stating them as fact. If conservatives are so bad in Texas then why is do you think Texas is dong so much better than the rest of the country? We need more liberals in control of Texas so we will be equally in the shitter as the rest of the country. Lol.
lol sorry, texas conservative...

hahaha yeah because liberals cause all the problems. retards from both sides cause them.
      09-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #14
quagmire
I am Gundam

Quote:

Typical democrat/liberal, making things up in your head and then stating them as fact. If conservatives are so bad in Texas then why is do you think Texas is dong so much better than the rest of the country? We need more liberals in control of Texas so we will be equally in the shitter as the rest of the country. Lol.
Typical conservative insulting people because they don't share the same view as you.

We don't need people like you who go down party lines.

Wish more people were like the person I talked to today. He is a conservative and we actually discussed politics civilly. We talked about what we liked and didn't like about politics/politicians and there were things we agreed and disagreed on. He was respectful of my opinion and I was respectful of his. But, it seems most of the time though people just like to get nasty when it comes to talking about politics and differing views. Where people think they are 100% correct and anyone who doesn't believe in the same values as him is wrong and all his ideas are bad. Seriously, I thought we learned extremism doesn't work when governing. We need to meet in the middle and take up policies that reflect both sides ideas. But, that isn't going to happen anytime soon because people keep on voting in nutjobs today.

Last edited by quagmire; 09-23-2010 at 11:16 PM.
      09-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #15
SonnyJack
First Lieutenant

Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black

Quote:
Both.

Good Morning Sir!

Do you know the answer to the question you asked? It's actually a little on the ironic side based on some of the things in the new GOP proposal unveiled yesterday (i.e. less regulation). The Texas banking economy nearly went bankrupt in the 80's (dependance on falling oil prices and rampant real estate speculation) and as a result of those experiences they instituted MUCH TIGHTER BANKING REGULATIONS to prevent a repeat system failure. Some of the regulations included severe limits on HELOC's, loan to value ratios, and subprime lending. In other words, the Texas banking system learned from its past mistakes and instituted STRICTER regulations. These same tight regulations are what saved Texas from experiencing what other states did during the recent real estate crisis. No miracle cure, just learning from past mistakes and instituting necessary regs.

I believe stricter regulations are what is being instituted now and all of Wall Street is crying about how they are being demonized and treated unfairly by the administration's anti-business stance.

All of this brings up an interesting contradiction: Tighter regulation saved Texas (GOP stronghold) so why is the GOP in Washington screaming for LESS regulation to save the national economy right after this latest financial/real estate catastrophe?

Last edited by SonnyJack; 09-24-2010 at 07:17 AM. Reason: punctuation
SonnyJack is offline   United_States