BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

09-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #67
DenverJayhawk
Major

Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Really? I always thought Bernanke was appointed by Bush in 2006, and was again re-appointed by Obama in 2010. So which "Bernanke" saved us all from financial ruin? The Bush-Bernanke or the Obama-Bernanke?

How so? Millions of gallons of oil spilling into the gulf for months on end from a man-made disaster vs. the destruction from a natural occurrence?

In either case, there is plenty of blame to go around for politicians (local and federal.) But to say that Obama handled the BP situation better than Bush handled Katrina is just stupid. Neither performed well, and comparing one bad performance against another bad performance is an idiotic exercise.

How so? What more did you expect Obama to do? They forced BP to ante up and clean up the mess and fork over billions for wages and ways of life that were lost. They didn't just sit on their asses while millions of gallons of oil spilled out each day. Obama was there just a couple days after the initial disaster. I'd say this is exponentially better than how Bush handled Katrina.

And you assumed incorrectly that I was referring to Bernake. I should have been more clear. When I said the "fed", i meant the federal government, not the Federal Reserve and I was referring to the Obama appointment of Sec of Treasury Geithner, who was the real architect that navigated us out of the financial collapse. The "Bush-Obama-Bernake" didn't do shit.

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
      09-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #68
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

I voted for Obama and have no second thoughts/regrets about it. Actually I'm still quite pleased. I voted him in office for 4 years, so he's still got a long ways to go before he gets a final grade.

People from the opposing party were saying he failed 6 months into his term. I mean really? 6 months in? They said he failed...1 year in, they say he failed 1.5 years in...it just goes on and on. But what else do you expect from the opposing party? It's their job to make the other side look bad

All you people in this thread saying "I told you so"...no one cares what you think. You didn't vote for Obama anyway, so makes you think we're going to care about your analysis of the presidents performance so far? You're already baised and where so from the start. From day one you wanted him to fail and will only focus on anything that makes him look bad.

Who else would you have voted for McCain & Palin? An old guy who sold his soul to become POTUS & and a bimbo who knows nothing about everytihing? Like that would have been any better.

I'm curious since some of you "just can't wait" until the next election...who the heck do you want to be president then?
      09-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #69
immiketoo
Colonel

Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
I voted for Obama and have no second thoughts/regrets about it. Actually I'm still quite pleased. I voted him in office for 4 years, so he's still got a long ways to go before he gets a final grade.

People from the opposing party were saying he failed 6 months into his term. I mean really? 6 months in? They said he failed...1 year in, they say he failed 1.5 years in...it just goes on and on. But what else do you expect from the opposing party? It's their job to make the other side look bad

All you people in this thread saying "I told you so"...no one cares what you think. You didn't vote for Obama anyway, so makes you think we're going to care about your analysis of the presidents performance so far? You're already baised and where so from the start. From day one you wanted him to fail and will only focus on anything that makes him look bad.

Who else would you have voted for McCain & Palin? An old guy who sold his soul to become POTUS & and a bimbo who knows nothing about everytihing? Like that would have been any better.

I'm curious since some of you "just can't wait" until the next election...who the heck do you want to be president then?
TMNT, You're wrong. I desperately wanted him to succeed. Unfortunately he has failed miserably. I didn't wan't to have to listen to all if the inane things he says, nor did I ask for him to associate with known felons, that's just what we got after the fact. I don't ever wish for people to fail. I wish for them to succeed, especially in the oval office.

Here is a perfect example of someone who was popular but knew nothing about what he was getting into, and got in way over his head. Look at all the things he promised that haven't happened or are so far from what he originally meant, they no longer remotely resemble what was promised.

That said, even sensible people who voted for him are second guessing their decisions. Just look at the recent approval ratings. Can you tell me the last time a president had such a low rating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
      09-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #70
TMNT
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
TMNT, You're wrong. I desperately wanted him to succeed. Unfortunately he has failed miserably. I didn't wan't to have to listen to all if the inane things he says, nor did I ask for him to associate with known felons, that's just what we got after the fact. I don't ever wish for people to fail. I wish for them to succeed, especially in the oval office.

That said, even sensible people who voted for him are second guessing their decisions. Just look at the recent approval ratings. Can you tell me the last time a president had such a low rating?
GWB highest disapproval rating was 71%. Obama's is currently at 52%. And to go even further the only president in the last 36 years to have a lower disapproval rating than Obama was Ford at 46%. You'll have to go all the way back to Kennedy to find the second president to have a lower disapproval rating than Obama at 30%.

That being said, to give credit where credit is due GWB the president with the highest approval rating ever at 90%...granted that was 10 days after 9/11.

This is all available at gallup.com, but that is beside the point. I'd rather have a president with some lofty goals who tries to solve some serious problems then a president who just lets things go untouched and pass them on the next president. That's been going on for entirely too long. Obama has tackled some serious shit, and gotten things done. Whether its what people wanted or not is besides the point...when you're in a country of 330 million+ people, you can't make everyone happy. Too many opposing interests for that to happen.

If he get's the economy back on track before the next election, he's a lock for re-election.
      09-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #71
TMNT
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
TMNT, You're wrong. I desperately wanted him to succeed.
Unfortunately a quick search of your past posts say otherwise, but whatever.
      09-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #72
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'

Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
How so? What more did you expect Obama to do? They forced BP to ante up and clean up the mess and fork over billions for wages and ways of life that were lost. They didn't just sit on their asses while millions of gallons of oil spilled out each day. Obama was there just a couple days after the initial disaster. I'd say this is exponentially better than how Bush handled Katrina.
So I counter with "What more did you expect Bush to do?" with regards to Katrina? What did Bush do or not do that you think was his responsibility in that event? I love how every one wants to blame Bush for Katrina, but the fucking LOCAL governments were the ones that really failed. The incompetent mayor of NOLA and the Governor of LA were both equally to blame for poor preparations, slow responses and bad planning. But hey, Bush should have been down there before the storm hit, directing traffic....

As far as Obama, I think the only thing he did was make speeches about holding BP accountable and "making them pay." What else did he do? But I don't give a shit about holding them accountable or making them pay at the time, I was more concerned about getting the damn thing stopped. They let BP do all the attempts. I'm just thinking that the Navy has some pretty damn sophisticated technology and equipment to operate at those depths.

Quote:
And you assumed incorrectly that I was referring to Bernake. I should have been more clear. When I said the "fed", i meant the federal government, not the Federal Reserve and I was referring to the Obama appointment of Sec of Treasury Geithner, who was the real architect that navigated us out of the financial collapse. The "Bush-Obama-Bernake" didn't do shit.
Yep, read "fed" and thought Federal Reserve. Which is why I was confused by the comment. As for whether TARP saved the day, that is debatable. I know it is from December 2009, but this doesn't sound like "Knight in shining armor" talk to me:
http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/09/news...tarp/index.htm

Even COP reports aren't saying that the TARP was the sole savior of our financial system.
http://cop.senate.gov/index.cfm

But in the end, it doesn't really matter, because the only thing that has changed in Washington is the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. As long as we keep sending the same politicians back to DC, we shouldn't expect a different outcome. Would McCain/Palin have done any better? Not likely, as McCain is still a long time politician.

What is a definition of insanity? Doing the same exact thing over and over again, but expecting a different result?

So here is my challenge to all the voters here. Regardless of your political affiliation or party preference, vote against the incumbents! Because in reality, we don't have Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Tea Party or any other parties in politics. We have only 2 parties, Incumbents and Long Shots. Throw ALL the bums out!
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
scollins is offline   No_Country
      09-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #73
immiketoo
Colonel

Quote:
GWB highest disapproval rating was 71%. Obama's is currently at 52%. And to go even further the only president in the last 36 years to have a lower disapproval rating than Obama was Ford at 46%. You'll have to go all the way back to Kennedy to find the second president to have a lower disapproval rating than Obama at 30%.

That being said, to give credit where credit is due GWB the president with the highest approval rating ever at 90%...granted that was 10 days after 9/11.

This is all available at gallup.com, but that is beside the point. I'd rather have a president with some lofty goals who tries to solve some serious problems then a president who just lets things go untouched and pass them on the next president. That's been going on for entirely too long. Obama has tackled some serious shit, and gotten things done. Whether its what people wanted or not is besides the point...when you're in a country of 330 million+ people, you can't make everyone happy. Too many opposing interests for that to happen.

If he get's the economy back on track before the next election, he's a lock for re-election.
Point taken on the approval rating, although the points you are arguing are not apples to apples. The numbers are not great no matter how you look at them.

The part in bold is probably the most telling part of this whole administration. Let's do something HISTORICAL regardless of whether the people want it or not.

Quote:
      09-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #74
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Interesting...
OBAMA LIES:
IRAQ..Obama said the Surge would FAIL and the US was defeated but now he takes credit..LIAR
Great Depression..Obama TOLD us that HE averted the next great depression but NOW his administration is telling us they didn't know how bad the economy was..LIARS
GULF OIL Leak..Obama took 7 vacations while telling us "he would not rest "....LIAR
GM..Obama declared "I will not let GM go into bankruptcy", so Obama gives them 40 Billion, 45 days later GM files for bankruptcy.....LIAR
ObamaCare..He says ”the plan will cover everyone”.. accept Obama and Congress"....LIAR
Unemployment..Obama said we would go no higher than 8% if we pass his stimulus...LIAR
GULF Seafood..Obama declared "the seafood from the Gulf is fine to eat then went to MAINE to order his shrimp"...LIAR
GREEN JOBS...Obama said HE would CREATE 5 million green jobs...LIAR
National Debt..Obama said "I will not add 1 DIME to the debt..he's added 5 Trillion...LIAR
PAY/GO...After demanding Pay/Go Obama passes the unemployment bill unfunded..LIAR
Healthcare Negotiations..Obama said "they'll be on CSPAN so everyone can watch"..LIAR
Transparency..Obama claimed "I will not sign a bill until it is POSTED for 72 Hrs....LIAR
GULF COAST..Obama tells us to go to the Gulf for vacation while he takes his family to Maine..LIAR
IRAN..Obama said "I will meet Ahmadinejad one on one"..he called your bluff Obama...LIAR

OBAMA ACTS of STUPIDITY..
Telepromtor with 1st Graders…Obama stood in their classroom telepromtor in hand…FAILURE
BP OIL RIG..Obama gave the rig a SAFETY AWARD just days before it blew up…FAILURE
Summer Jobs Tour..Obama and Biden are celebrating all the new jobs created....FAILURE
9-11 Muslim WAR Memorial at Ground Zero..Obama is actually helping build it...FAILURE
1 Trillion Dollar Government Jobs Bailout (Stimulus) that create no private jobs…FAILURE
Border Security…Obama is fighting against a state trying to protect the US border...FAILURE
9-11 Terrorist Rights..Obama’s first act as president was to give them more rights…FAILURE
BEER Summit..Calls a WHITE cop a racist then tries to have a beer with him at some cheap plastic table on a pile of dirt at the WH...FAILURE
Russian Spy Exchange..Russia gets 6 the US gets 2 (Russian Born)….FAILURE
Illegal Immigration…Obama wants the 32 million law breakers to be citizens…FAILURE
40 Bill Mortgage Plan..Obama claimed "this will keep people in their homes"..FAILURE
Prosecution of 9-11 terrorists...Obama wants them tried at Ground Zero...FAILURE
EGYPT Speech...Obama declares "the US is a Muslim Country"...FAILURE
Flying Air Force 1 over NYC…Obama wanted new pictures of his plane…FAILURE
Kentucky and Tennessee FLOOD Response..Obama did absolutely nothing...FAILURE
27 Billion Dollar follow on Government Jobs Bailout ….FAILURE

OBAMA WORLD STAGE FAILURES
Human Rights..Obama agrees with the UN
2016 Olympics...Obama goes to Copenhagen and gets the US out in the 1st round...FAILURE
Afghanistan..TOP US General RESIGNS over Obama's plan for US DEFEAT...FAILURE
G20 Summit..Obama tells them to keep spending money, they say NO...FAILURE
South America ...Obama sits like a COWARD as Chavez hands him his book to read..FAILURE
Haiti Response..Obama gave it 2 days never to be heard of again…FAILURE
Iranian Uprising...Obama sits on HIS HANDS while people die in the streets..FAILURE
North Korea..Obama hides while he sends Hillary to handle the situation…FAILURE
Global Climate Change Consensus…Obama led but nobody followed…FAILURE
Bowing to 3rd World Leaders…Obama goes to his knees every chance he gets…FAILURE
      09-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #75
DenverJayhawk
Major

You're really reaching and it's obvious.

Cut and paste from the Tea Bagger's web site much do we?

I can cut and paste all the stupid things W ever said and did and lied about in one reply too and it would take up 25 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER11 View Post
Interesting...
OBAMA LIES:
IRAQ..Obama said the Surge would FAIL and the US was defeated but now he takes credit..LIAR
Great Depression..Obama TOLD us that HE averted the next great depression but NOW his administration is telling us they didn't know how bad the economy was..LIARS
GULF OIL Leak..Obama took 7 vacations while telling us "he would not rest "....LIAR
GM..Obama declared "I will not let GM go into bankruptcy", so Obama gives them 40 Billion, 45 days later GM files for bankruptcy.....LIAR
ObamaCare..He says ”the plan will cover everyone”.. accept Obama and Congress"....LIAR
Unemployment..Obama said we would go no higher than 8% if we pass his stimulus...LIAR
GULF Seafood..Obama declared "the seafood from the Gulf is fine to eat then went to MAINE to order his shrimp"...LIAR
GREEN JOBS...Obama said HE would CREATE 5 million green jobs...LIAR
National Debt..Obama said "I will not add 1 DIME to the debt..he's added 5 Trillion...LIAR
PAY/GO...After demanding Pay/Go Obama passes the unemployment bill unfunded..LIAR
Healthcare Negotiations..Obama said "they'll be on CSPAN so everyone can watch"..LIAR
Transparency..Obama claimed "I will not sign a bill until it is POSTED for 72 Hrs....LIAR
GULF COAST..Obama tells us to go to the Gulf for vacation while he takes his family to Maine..LIAR
IRAN..Obama said "I will meet Ahmadinejad one on one"..he called your bluff Obama...LIAR

OBAMA ACTS of STUPIDITY..
Telepromtor with 1st Graders…Obama stood in their classroom telepromtor in hand…FAILURE
BP OIL RIG..Obama gave the rig a SAFETY AWARD just days before it blew up…FAILURE
Summer Jobs Tour..Obama and Biden are celebrating all the new jobs created....FAILURE
9-11 Muslim WAR Memorial at Ground Zero..Obama is actually helping build it...FAILURE
1 Trillion Dollar Government Jobs Bailout (Stimulus) that create no private jobs…FAILURE
Border Security…Obama is fighting against a state trying to protect the US border...FAILURE
9-11 Terrorist Rights..Obama’s first act as president was to give them more rights…FAILURE
BEER Summit..Calls a WHITE cop a racist then tries to have a beer with him at some cheap plastic table on a pile of dirt at the WH...FAILURE
Russian Spy Exchange..Russia gets 6 the US gets 2 (Russian Born)….FAILURE
Illegal Immigration…Obama wants the 32 million law breakers to be citizens…FAILURE
40 Bill Mortgage Plan..Obama claimed "this will keep people in their homes"..FAILURE
Prosecution of 9-11 terrorists...Obama wants them tried at Ground Zero...FAILURE
EGYPT Speech...Obama declares "the US is a Muslim Country"...FAILURE
Flying Air Force 1 over NYC…Obama wanted new pictures of his plane…FAILURE
Kentucky and Tennessee FLOOD Response..Obama did absolutely nothing...FAILURE
27 Billion Dollar follow on Government Jobs Bailout ….FAILURE

OBAMA WORLD STAGE FAILURES
Human Rights..Obama agrees with the UN
2016 Olympics...Obama goes to Copenhagen and gets the US out in the 1st round...FAILURE
Afghanistan..TOP US General RESIGNS over Obama's plan for US DEFEAT...FAILURE
G20 Summit..Obama tells them to keep spending money, they say NO...FAILURE
South America ...Obama sits like a COWARD as Chavez hands him his book to read..FAILURE
Haiti Response..Obama gave it 2 days never to be heard of again…FAILURE
Iranian Uprising...Obama sits on HIS HANDS while people die in the streets..FAILURE
North Korea..Obama hides while he sends Hillary to handle the situation…FAILURE
Global Climate Change Consensus…Obama led but nobody followed…FAILURE
Bowing to 3rd World Leaders…Obama goes to his knees every chance he gets…FAILURE

Last edited by DenverJayhawk; 09-02-2010 at 09:10 AM.
      09-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #76
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Quote:
You're really reaching and it's obvious.

Cut and paste from the Tea Bagger's web site much do we?

I can cut and paste all the stupid things W ever said and did and lied about in one reply too and it would take up 25 pages.
It was cut and paste from Yahoo, genius... You can bow to obama all you want but I know it hurts to know that you are in a very small minority of people that actually support this d-bag. We all know the only reason he was elected was because of his skin color because it definitely wasn't his "huge" resume filled with experience... He is nothing more than a community organizer.
      09-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #77
MJC///M3
Colonel

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:

TMNT,

Your posts are mature and thoughtfully crafted...I commend you. Sometimes its tough to hold back the tongue on issues such as these, especially given some of the responses from "the faithful" on this topic.

That being said, what do you really think O's goals are?? (I'm not being a jerk, I would like to know your opinion).

In all honesty, I just can't see how one can be supportive of this man, (I'm not saying GWB was the greatest president, he certainly had his faults)....all I'm trying to understand is how one actually views what O is doing as positive for our country.

You can't use financial reform and healthcare reform. (Most americans opposed healthcare reform)...that is a fact. Finanical reform is 2000 pages of BS....no one knows what that truly entails...., have you read through the 2000 pages...or are you just taking O's word for it???? How can the "faithful" be so certain this will work....when most in Washington cannot discern the difference between an interest rate swap and a credit default swap.

All I am trying to point out is the uncertainty this man has created......why are businesses holding on to cash with vices....why are businesses not hiring........(and please don't say the economy).....

Again, not at all trying to be a jerk here. Just interested in hearing your thoughts.

~MJC
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
MJC///M3 is offline   United_States
      09-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #78
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
TMNT,

Your posts are mature and thoughtfully crafted...I commend you. Sometimes its tough to hold back the tongue on issues such as these, especially given some of the responses from "the faithful" on this topic.

That being said, what do you really think O's goals are?? (I'm not being a jerk, I would like to know your opinion).

In all honesty, I just can't see how one can be supportive of this man, (I'm not saying GWB was the greatest president, he certainly had his faults)....all I'm trying to understand is how one actually views what O is doing as positive for our country.

You can't use financial reform and healthcare reform. (Most americans opposed healthcare reform)...that is a fact. Finanical reform is 2000 pages of BS....no one knows what that truly entails...., have you read through the 2000 pages...or are you just taking O's word for it???? How can the "faithful" be so certain this will work....when most in Washington cannot discern the difference between an interest rate swap and a credit default swap.

All I am trying to point out is the uncertainty this man has created......why are businesses holding on to cash with vices....why are businesses not hiring........(and please don't say the economy).....

Again, not at all trying to be a jerk here. Just interested in hearing your thoughts.

~MJC
Great post...

According to Pelosi, they had to pass it first so we could then see what was in it. They sure are the "most transparent" congress ever. I can't wait for November, when Pelosi and Reed will be fired...
      09-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #79
MJC///M3
Colonel

Quote:
Great post...

According to Pelosi, they had to pass it first so we could then see what was in it. They sure are the "most transparent" congress ever. I can't wait for November, when Pelosi and Reed will be fired...
Thank you for the plaudits.

I remember when Pelosi said that as if it were yesterday....

and I wonder sometimes why I can't think straight.....literally my brain stopped functioning when I heard her make that comment.

Pelosi needs to take the proverbial long walk of a short pier. How people like her end up in positions of power is unreal...it really is. Come November...she will be history....and our country will be much better off.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
      09-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #80
immiketoo
Colonel

Quote:
Thank you for the plaudits.

I remember when Pelosi said that as if it were yesterday....

and I wonder sometimes why I can't think straight.....literally my brain stopped functioning when I heard her make that comment.

Pelosi needs to take the proverbial long walk of a short pier. How people like her end up in positions of power is unreal...it really is. Come November...she will be history....and our country will be much better off.
Agreed. The really sad part is that she expects people to follow her simply because she says so. She is a zealot.

Quote:
      09-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #81
MJC///M3
Colonel

Quote:

You just lost whatever credibility you ever had in making a statement like that. As I am not one to make assumptions....the mere fact you consider Turbo Tax Timmy...an architect...is downright disturbing.

Do you have any concept of money supply, currency devaluation, asset bubbles??

Keep watching CNBC.
      09-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #82
TMNT
Captain

Quote:
TMNT,

~MJC
Fair quesitons. I think Obama's main goal was to get the economy back on track, but we all know that wasn't going to happen for at least 2-3 years. So Obama needed an earlier win to say he acheived something so he went for healthcare reform. At that point, most would say that was a silly goal because it would never happen...i mean it didn't happen before right?

You said most Americans opposed the healthcare bill and for the most part you're right. However I think they opposed it because they just didn't understand what was in it or its benefit with all the half truths, rumors, and lies going on about it. We all know lies travel faster than the truth and when you have factions spreading false statments about it that's what happens. The whole death panel thing is an example...resonable folks know its bs. I remember when Obama first brought up the challenge, American's didn't have issues with it until the rumors started with what was in the HR bill. Everything went down hill from there

But then again this goes back to politics. I have a lot of disdain for politics as I studied it for 4 years and I know how evil it can be. But that's how it works, its a power struggle and both sides will say whatever they can get away with influence the opinions on its constituents, regardless if its true or not.

I'd like to get into the financial reform part but I have to head out for a weekend trip. I'll revist this topic next week. Have a happy Labor Day.
      09-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #83
MJC///M3
Colonel

Quote:
Fair quesitons. I think Obama's main goal was to get the economy back on track, but we all know that wasn't going to happen for at least 2-3 years. So Obama needed an earlier win to say he acheived something so he went for healthcare reform. At that point, most would say that was a silly goal because it would never happen...i mean it didn't happen before right?

You said most Americans opposed the healthcare bill and for the most part you're right. However I think they opposed it because they just didn't understand what was in it or its benefit with all the half truths, rumors, and lies going on about it. We all know lies travel faster than the truth and when you have factions spreading false statments about it that's what happens. The whole death panel thing is an example...resonable folks know its bs. I remember when Obama first brought up the challenge, American's didn't have issues with it until the rumors started with what was in the HR bill. Everything went down hill from there

But then again this goes back to politics. I have a lot of disdain for politics as I studied it for 4 years and I know how evil it can be. But that's how it works, its a power struggle and both sides will say whatever they can get away with influence the opinions on its constituents, regardless if its true or not.

I'd like to get into the financial reform part but I have to head out for a weekend trip. I'll revist this topic next week. Have a happy Labor Day.

We will discuss whence you return. Have a happy and safe Labor Day.
      09-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #84
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
You just lost whatever credibility you ever had in making a statement like that. As I am not one to make assumptions....the mere fact you consider Turbo Tax Timmy...an architect...is downright disturbing.

Do you have any concept of money supply, currency devaluation, asset bubbles??

Keep watching CNBC.

OK. I'm really concerned about proving credibility to you.

I'll keep watching CNBC as long asn you keep marching with the tea baggers.

In reality, I rarely watch CNBC or FOX News at all.

09-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #85
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
It was cut and paste from Yahoo, genius... You can bow to obama all you want but I know it hurts to know that you are in a very small minority of people that actually support this d-bag. We all know the only reason he was elected was because of his skin color because it definitely wasn't his "huge" resume filled with experience... He is nothing more than a community organizer.
Your ramble and anti Obama hate is par for the course for someone from Texas. And the fact that you think he was elected because of the color of his skin might be the most douche bag thing you've said yet. Keep on marching with the tea baggers and that ultra moron Palin.

09-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #86
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Quote:
Your ramble and anti Obama hate is par for the course for someone from Texas. And the fact that you think he was elected because of the color of his skin might be the most douche bag thing you've said yet. Keep on marching with the tea baggers and that ultra moron Palin.
Here you go... LOL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDlJMtjMMvw
Of course I'm anti Obama, why in the hell would I want this jackass to suceed with his socialist policies... Funny to see how conservative Texas is and we haven't nearly felt as much of the impact of the recession as the rest of the country has... For instance like ultra liberal California. It wasn't only black people voting for him, you also had all the guilty feeling white people and then the younger group voting for him because all the celebrities said he was "cool".
      09-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #87
MJC///M3
Colonel

Quote:
Here you go... LOL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDlJMtjMMvw
Of course I'm anti Obama, why in the hell would I want this jackass to suceed with his socialist policies... Funny to see how conservative Texas is and we haven't nearly felt as much of the impact of the recession as the rest of the country has... For instance like ultra liberal California. It wasn't only black people voting for him, you also had all the guilty feeling white people and then the younger group voting for him because all the celebrities said he was "cool".
Denver's response to everything is "keep marching with the teabaggers"...i was told this in an above post as well.

there is no sense in arguing bud.....looks like the kool aid is flowing via intravenous needle in the rocky mountains.
      09-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #88
radix
there's something different about him

Drives: -

Quote:
Denver's response to everything is "keep marching with the teabaggers"...i was told this in an above post as well.

there is no sense in arguing bud.....looks like the kool aid is flowing via intravenous needle in the rocky mountains.
One tired euphemism begets another.

Each side is just trying to associate their respective opponents' position with cargo-cult thinking. That's all the debate has come to. Sad.
radix is offline   Philippines