BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Steve Thomas BMW

08-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
M3maniac20
Captain

Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe ZCP

Fixed Problems?

So between all the rattles/DCT issues/Software issues and so on...how many of you think that this stuff will be improved in the 2011's? I'm really not liking how many people are complaining about the rattling. That is the one thing I can not stand, and I know its standard of a high performance car, but you would think BMW would have a way of fixing it.
      08-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
osteome
Major

Drives: 2009 M3 E93 SSII/Bamboo

I cannot comment on the DCT issues as I have a manual, but I did post a single experience in a rattle thread. This episode was easily fixed by the dealer and ended up being a missing screw on the "pan" that covers the underbody near the oil drains, causing to vibrate at higher speeds.

Others seem to have rattles near the I-drive display and in the backseat area, none of which I have experienced. I am pleasantly surprised by this as I drive a convertible and drive it hard (at times) on the Autobahn. Over a little over one year and about 12K miles, I have had no other rattles or issues. It would appear that the rattles are perhaps an intermittent problem with some vehicles rather than a widespread issue.

Just my two cents.....
      08-31-2010, 03:32 AM   #3
M3 Pilot
First Lieutenant

Drives: 13' E92 M3 Comp Pack

I have no rattle since collecting the car.

In regards to DCT issues, the car did have 2nd gear hesitation. This was later rectified by the dealer through an update in which there was a marked improvement in eliminating the lag.
M3 Pilot is offline   Australia
      08-31-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
sameh
Major

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT JetBlk

If this makes you feel better. I have the 2011 4 months so far and I can't say that rattling is a problem I have. At all actually, the car feels (all-together). But there is no sense waiting for a year modle hoping it's a problem free. You might have another problem or non what so ever. The more you wait the closer you get to the all new M3 and you'll keep on waiting, even then cause to be honest, I wouldn't buy the first year model of a new car.
sameh is offline   United_States
      08-31-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
M3maniac20
Captain

Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
If this makes you feel better. I have the 2011 4 months so far and I can't say that rattling is a problem I have. At all actually, the car feels (all-together). But there is no sense waiting for a year modle hoping it's a problem free. You might have another problem or non what so ever. The more you wait the closer you get to the all new M3 and you'll keep on waiting, even then cause to be honest, I wouldn't buy the first year model of a new car.
Oh I Know...its like waiting for the newest phone/computer or whatever...its always going to change. Mine is already on order, and I'm glad I'm 'getting this one since they are going back to a 6 in the new ones.