BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

PYSPEED

08-31-2010, 08:23 PM   #45
wisesoul
Savoir Faire

Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I don't think I'd be panicking either lol. I would totally trust that Tiff knew what he was doing knowing his capabilities are vast
wisesoul is offline   Philippines
      08-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #46
Jack28
HUSTLER

Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryyxyu View Post
Judging by the white inserts on the car, it seems like they used one of those pricey limited edition M3's (not sure which one though, theres over 9000 different varients ) nice find!
lol I noticed the white armrest, center counsel and seat inserts as well... I suppose its the Edition M3...

Tiff Needell is one awesome dude, man he drove the crap out of that M3 didnt he? Very Badass Driving, and the sound was
It was funny looking at the passengers face lol, at the end of the ride i think he was happy he made it out alive
If I got a ride with him in an M3, I would have the biggest smile on my face and it wouldnt go away for weeks

Great video, Really shows us what our cars are capable of doing

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
      08-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #47
blueshark
First Lieutenant

Drives: "transportation" for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
I'm mostly impressed that he can so clearly verbalize what he's doing. I know a lot of guys that can drive well, but it takes all of their concentration, it looks effortless for him.
+1

Yes, he's incredible!
      08-31-2010, 10:58 PM   #48
soberin
Second Lieutenant

Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark View Post
+1

Yes, he's incredible!
As a former F1 and Le Mans driver, he should be incredible.
      09-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #49
bobbyd1961
Banned

Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

cool
      09-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #50
EA51 LAY
Ex-Blighty

Drives: 2010 MINI JCW, AW 1M Enroute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
I don't think I'd be panicking either lol. I would totally trust that Tiff knew what he was doing knowing his capabilities are vast
Its funny you're quite right. When I worked at a BMW dealership in England (before my Canadian adventure), we ran a customer appreciation day at Goodwood and all vehicles in the model line up were there to drive, from an R56 Mini Cooper S to an M6.......

Tiff was running E60 M5 hot lap passenger rides (usually with 4 up) for the entire day. It was so hard on the car that 2 were used one before and one after lunch!!!!

For anyone who has driven at Goodwood, it has kind of a wide, slightly dogleg, straight (like a larger scale version of the kinked straight at the Mosport DDT track, when heading Clockwise) on which a quick car (M6) can see the healthy side of 145/146 mph, but Tiff in the M5 would just carry the speed into the following apex and we'd be looking out of the side windows at 135 mph!!

Superb
EA51 LAY is offline   Canada
      09-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #51
NYYSR
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i

Send a message via AIM to NYYSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark View Post
+1

Yes, he's incredible!

+ 1
      09-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #52
Wads
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E93 M3 & Tuned Focus ST

Garage List
Sorry late to the party on this one..... I'm the boring bastard sitting in the passenger seat, and I have to admit when I saw the video back that I thought the same thing!

I was calm because I had seen Tiff drifting the M3 all day and knew there wasn't a hope in hell of him crashing, I was too engrossed in the drive to worry about screaming like a little girl. It was great fun but also a little of a let down after having driven the Scuderia a few minutes before..... I think I was still shell shocked at how amazing that was! Ferrari was stunning even compared to the Lambo LP670 SV I drove the week before..... main difference is that the Scud instructor was happy for all of the revs to be used while the guy in the Lambo (also the owner of the car!) didn't allow more than about 6000rpm before asking for a gearchange.

Apologies for being a boring twat I'll try weeping with joy or pissing my pants next time

Testing soon: Lambo LP670 SV and Ferrari 430 Scuderia