BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #155
saeedg48
Brigadier General
Iran
126

 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown


Posts: 3,499
iTrader: (1)

I don't care.. it's a mussstang pshhhh M3 FTW
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #156
WestRace
New Member
0

 
Drives: Infiniti G35
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angels, Ca.


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
im very impressed by the mustang. now if they could improve the looks i would definately consider buying it.
I wish Ford had made this:
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:16 AM   #157
STARSKI
Private
United_States
3

 
Drives: '11 VO BMW 1M, '09 JrzB BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BAY AREA, CA


Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to STARSKI
I'm kind of surprised by some of the comments on most people not being able to tell the M3 from a 335/328 etc. Being someone that has just recently gotten my M3 and had a 335i for over 2 years I have to say I disagree. I get more looks and people asking about my car or commenting on it than I ever did in my 335i. Some of them don't know what it is even but they know it's something cool haha. Anyways I did cross shop a lot of vehicles when I decided on the M3 including SRT8 Challengers, Camaro SS's, and the Mustang. It came down to what I really wanted. I love BMW's and there is definitely a difference in feel when driving them compared to most cars especially American ones. Having said that, I also have a 93 CHP 5.0 mustang that I'm restoring, and have had other american cars too. Buying a car like this is an emotional and personal thing. Everybody knows there's always gonna be someone out there in something cheaper that can smoke you. Let's see what all this competition for the M3 does for the next one that comes out though, and their obviously is a reason they keep using it as THE car to be judged by.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #158
graider
Colonel
26

 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto


Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

haters gonna hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
I'm kind of surprised by some of the comments on most people not being able to tell the M3 from a 335/328 etc. Being someone that has just recently gotten my M3 and had a 335i for over 2 years I have to say I disagree. I get more looks and people asking about my car or commenting on it than I ever did in my 335i. Some of them don't know what it is even but they know it's something cool haha. Anyways I did cross shop a lot of vehicles when I decided on the M3 including SRT8 Challengers, Camaro SS's, and the Mustang. It came down to what I really wanted. I love BMW's and there is definitely a difference in feel when driving them compared to most cars especially American ones. Having said that, I also have a 93 CHP 5.0 mustang that I'm restoring, and have had other american cars too. Buying a car like this is an emotional and personal thing. Everybody knows there's always gonna be someone out there in something cheaper that can smoke you. Let's see what all this competition for the M3 does for the next one that comes out though, and their obviously is a reason they keep using it as THE car to be judged by.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #159
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
39

 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada


Posts: 2,331
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
Both cars had 6 speed manuals. so it was a fair race. and, as long as BMW uses Continental as OEM tires, it too is fair. I highly doubt the PS2's would've made a big difference if any.
+1

The M3 doesn't need excuses made for it like 6 Spd and Continental tires. The Mustang was just as quick and it handled just as well in this test.

With that being said, I am not going to the Ford dealer to trade in my M3 for a Mustang GT 5.0 today. I honestly have to say though I am probably going to go test drive one and see for myself how it drives. Maybe my Fiance can get a new Mustang GT for her next new car!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!

Last edited by BMRLVR; 08-26-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #160
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
United_States
24

 
MAZNG's Avatar
 
Drives: :o)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 954 - SoFla


Posts: 954
iTrader: (14)

These Mustang/M3 comparisons are so old & lame already. No way a current day Mustang will ever beat out an M3 (in all categories). It's the same as going to McDoanld's and then Ruth Chris' Steak house (or even Red Lobster -lol) for Dinner , they will all get the job done, but which would you really prefer and/or enjoy better?

Drive one and then the other and unless you're Helen Keller, Ray Charles, or Stevie Wonder... you'll see the light.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #161
omegaslast
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2003 330ci
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ca


Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

this post is apparently all facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I kinda find this test funny, Ford builds one qood car and that is it they are suddenly the premier automaker on the planet!

The M3 and Mustang GT are almost never cross shopped. I do respect that the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 is an amazing performer and give credit where credit is due but I for one don't place all my weight on 0-60 and quarter-mile times. You see for me a car is about the total experience...... how it drives, sounds, handles, the fit and finish, the quality of the materials, how it holds up after a few years of use, etc. I doubt you will be seeing M3's piling up on Ford lots in the near future.
Ford builds the most popular and well reviewed truck out there.. the f150. as well as some of the best cars in europe and australia. Durrrr

Top gear named them the best car company in the world. I think ill give them more authority on cars than you


Quote:
You see most people who think a 2011 Mustang is better than an M3 have never driven an M3. As far as the Numbers go the Mustang is better than the M3 in all but one category in this test...... but numbers don't illustrate the driving experience. Is the Mustang convertible a better car than a Rolls Royce Drop Head simply because it performs better in 0-60, quarter-mile, and braking?

A car company has to earn a reputation by building quality products over a long period of time. The Germans have been getting praise and accolades for 25 years now for delivering amazing cars that people loved to own and drive. During the time BMW has been earning the reputation they enjoy today the big three have been building crap,losing market-share, and tarnishing the good reputation they built in the 50's, 60's and 70's to the point of almost folding.

Just because Ford built a great car with the new Mustang GT 5.0, it probably won't make everyone believe every Ford car from here on in will be great...... Ford is going to have to keep this up for a long time to change peoples opinion of their brand. If Ford continues to deliver products like this for the next 5, 10, 20 years then maybe they will enjoy a reputation as a true competitor to the German marques. I guess we will have to wait and see, good job Ford but it takes a lot longer to erase a bad reputation than it takes to get one.
again wtf is this fail. ill tell you what german car companies reputation is unanimously across america: expensive as hell to maintain after the warranty goes out, and youll have to make a LOT of repairs since they arent engineered too well. older VWs, mercedes, audis, bmws all have that reputation. Fords reputation on the other hand is: cheap interiors, not great looking on the outside, but at least you can drive it into the ground for cheap. Might have to make some cheap repairs here and there but your yearly cost is chump change vs a used bimmer.

Quote:
By The Way: One thing a Mustang owner will never get is Exclusivity..... no matter what model or colour mustang you get there are gonna be tens of thousands out their exactly like yours. That may not matter to most people but it matters to me.
Yeah, those ten 3 series i see every day sure screams exclusivity. i dont see M3s much but you said "no matter what color or model" afterall. 3 series is a 3 series. Lets compare apples to apples here.. ive seen maybe 1 2010/2011 GT500, while ive seen 5+ M3s just in the last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I don't see anything defensive in that post do you???? Just stating facts!
If you call those facts then you must think the moon is made of friggin cheese. Please dont impart such wisdom in the future.

Quote:
Do you honestly think a Mustang is an equal car to the M3 in all ways??? If so we can agree to disagree

I don't live in SoCal so I can't comment but I do know I drove from Northern Alberta to Southern Saskatchewan to Chicago to Newfoundland and I am currently in Nova Scotia. I'd say I've seen approximately 12-15 M3's (and that counts 5 days at IND..... it was a slow week I guess) in the whole 1.5 months I have been on Vacation. As for Mustang GT's I have seen in the 100's maybe 1000's. No matter how common an M3 becomes Mustangs will always out number them by a minimum of 20-1 maybe more.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #162
omegaslast
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2003 330ci
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ca


Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph328 View Post
Don't forged , that you are paying for someone's Mustang with your tax money...

If there would be no government money , there would be no new 2011 Mustang , and if yes, how much it would have to be so it would be profitable for Ford ? 70k $ ?

It's nice they put these really low pricetags on a "sports car" .. but seriously , think about it You are donating it.
youve probably been smacked for this already but my god, ford didnt accept government loans you tosser. Your brain is desperately trying to make up crap in an attempt to justify the reason why the GT 2011 matched an M3 around a track. Instead of embracing a $30k sports car that can perform as well as an M3 you make retarded statements like the above.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #163
omegaslast
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2003 330ci
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ca


Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNG View Post
These Mustang/M3 comparisons are so old & lame already. No way a current day Mustang will ever beat out an M3 (in all categories). It's the same as going to McDoanld's and then Ruth Chris' Steak house (or even Red Lobster -lol) for Dinner , they will all get the job done, but which would you really prefer and/or enjoy better?

Drive one and then the other and unless you're Helen Keller, Ray Charles, or Stevie Wonder... you'll see the light.
That must be some god damn light for $30,000.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #164
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
39

 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada


Posts: 2,331
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post
this post is apparently all facts
And apparantly everything you say is as well!!! Hypocrite? I think yes!


Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post
Ford builds the most popular and well reviewed truck out there.. the f150. as well as some of the best cars in europe and australia. Durrrr
Top gear named them the best car company in the world. I think ill give them more authority on cars than you
The title of best truck according to Motor Trend (who wrote this article that is causing us to all heatedly argue our points of view) for the last 5 years has went like this:

2006: Honda Ridgeline http://www.motortrend.com/auto_news/...ear/index.html
2007: Chevrolet Silverado http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...ado/index.html
2008: Toyota Tundra http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...ner/index.html
2009: Ford F150 http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...150/index.html
2010: Dodge Ram HD http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...uty/index.html

By looking at the above results ford does build a highly reviewed and good truck but not the "BEST" anymore. What I can surmise from the above results From Motor Trend (which is apparantly the authority on everything automotive) is that basically anyone can make the best truck on the market if they give it a try. Ford hardly swept the competition every year..... at least how I read it.

Have you ever seen what Topgear thinks of American cars before. GM, Ford and Dodge won't even give them cars to test anymore>

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post
again wtf is this fail. ill tell you what german car companies reputation is unanimously across america: expensive as hell to maintain after the warranty goes out, and youll have to make a LOT of repairs since they arent engineered too well. older VWs, mercedes, audis, bmws all have that reputation. Fords reputation on the other hand is: cheap interiors, not great looking on the outside, but at least you can drive it into the ground for cheap. Might have to make some cheap repairs here and there but your yearly cost is chump change vs a used bimmer.
I am a mechanic by trade and I fix my own stuff so I can tell you that I honestly feel that of all my previous cars the BMW's have the best build quality of them all. I say this because I have worked on everything I have owned from a maintenance and repair standpoint. (I have had 7 VW's, 1 Hyundai, 3 BMW's and currently have a 2008 Honda Civic Si, 2008 Toyota Tundra Doublecab Limited, and my 2011 M3 Sedan).

My Father has had nothing but American Cars (Mostly GM and 1 Ford..... about 25-30 in total) and he even commented on the beautiful way my BMW is put together, how easy it was to work on (when we installed all of my parts), and how amazing it drives. Keep in mind he is also a Mechanic by trade with over 40 years experience..... american car experience mainly. I have had the privelige of learning from my Father and working on cars all of my life..... everything from Engine rebuilds to transmissions you name it I have done it. I feel I have enough experience to speak from when considering mine and my Fathers combined. By the way my father just bought his first non american car this year..... an Audi A4!

How much experience do you have working on Cars and what is your qualification to cut down my post besides reading magazines and looking at the webfourms? Maybe you are more qualified than me... please tell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post
Yeah, those ten 3 series i see every day sure screams exclusivity. i dont see M3s much but you said "no matter what color or model" afterall. 3 series is a 3 series. Lets compare apples to apples here.. ive seen maybe 1 2010/2011 GT500, while ive seen 5+ M3s just in the last year.
Excellent those 5+ M3's have bridged over 4 model years and the 2010/ GT500 has been out for one. There are at least 5 GT500's in my little town of 90000 people (2 of which are 2010/2011 GT500's) and 5 M3's (2 E46's and 3 E90/92's).

Again those statements are not even sensible. A GT500 is a rare Mustang we are talking about GT 5.0's in this thread!



Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post
If you call those facts then you must think the moon is made of friggin cheese. Please dont impart such wisdom in the future.
Have you been to the moon to say otherwise???? by some of your comments you must live on the moon.

You are commenting on the M3 versus the Mustang GT 5.0 and you drive a 2003 330Ci. There is nothing wrong with driving a 2003 330Ci..... I infact really like them but please don't get all heated in here if you don't even own an M3. an M car is much different than a Regular BMW!

I look forward to your reply..... please make it a useful one!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!

Last edited by BMRLVR; 08-27-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #165
omegaslast
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2003 330ci
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ca


Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
And apparantly everything you say is as well!!! Hypocrite? I think yes!




The title of best truck according to Motor Trend (who wrote this article that is causing us to all heatedly argue our points of view) for the last 5 years has went like this:

2006: Honda Ridgeline http://www.motortrend.com/auto_news/...ear/index.html
2007: Chevrolet Silverado http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...ado/index.html
2008: Toyota Tundra http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...ner/index.html
2009: Ford F150 http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...150/index.html
2010: Dodge Ram HD http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...uty/index.html

By looking at the above results ford does build a highly reviewed and good truck but not the "BEST" anymore. What I can surmise from the above results From Motor Trend (which is apparantly the authority on everything automotive) is that basically anyone can make the best truck on the market if they give it a try. Ford hardly swept the competition every year..... at least how I read it.

Have you ever seen what Topgear thinks of American cars before. GM, Ford and Dodge won't even give them cars to test anymore>



I am a mechanic by trade and I fix my own stuff so I can tell you that I honestly feel that of all my previous cars the BMW's have the best build quality of them all. I say this because I have worked on everything I have owned from a maintenance and repair standpoint. (I have had 7 VW's, 1 Hyundai, 3 BMW's and currently have a 2008 Honda Civic Si, 2008 Toyota Tundra Doublecab Limited, and my 2011 M3 Sedan).

My Father has had nothing but American Cars (Mostly GM and 1 Ford..... about 25-30 in total) and he even commented on the beautiful way my BMW is put together, how easy it was to work on (when we installed all of my parts), and how amazing it drives. Keep in mind he is also a Mechanic by trade with over 40 years experience..... american car experience mainly. I have had the privelige of learning from my Father and working on cars all of my life..... everything from Engine rebuilds to transmissions you name it I have done it. I feel I have enough experience to speak from when considering mine and my Fathers combined. By the way my father just bought his first non american car this year..... an Audi A4!

How much experience do you have working on Cars and what is your qualification to cut down my post besides reading magazines and looking at the webfourms? Maybe you are more qualified than me... please tell!


Excellent those 5+ M3's have bridged over 4 model years and the 2010/ GT500 has been out for one. There are at least 5 GT500's in my little town of 90000 people (2 of which are 2010/2011 GT500's) and 5 M3's (2 E46's and 3 E90/92's).

Again those statements are not even sensible. A GT500 is a rare Mustang we are talking about GT 5.0's in this thread!





Have you been to the moon to say otherwise???? by some of your comments you must live on the moon.

You are commenting on the M3 versus the Mustang GT 5.0 and you drive a 2003 330Ci. There is nothing wrong with driving a 2003 330Ci..... I infact really like them but please don't get all heated in here if you don't even own an M3. an M car is much different than a Regular BMW!

I look forward to your reply..... please make it a useful one!
I guess i didnt make my comment clear enough for those who are as dense as a neutron star. "this post is apparently all facts" was in reference to YOUR post. which was not facts at all. It was subjective bullcrap or flat out wrong statements

BTW, in this memoir of yours you forgot to even address most of my points.

You attack my claim of F150 with "well its not the best truck ANYMORE LOOK AT THESE MAGAZINES", okay? Point out to me where i even USED the word best. Over the course of the past 25 years its more favorably reviewed and far more purchased than any truck. period. please dont try to refute this and make a bigger fool of yourself by completely misconstruing my argument again. Especially if youre not going to bring anything to the table regarding the overseas popularity and incredibly well reviewed ford focus RS, ford mondeo, ford falcon, etc,

In terms of "holy crap is this guy replying to the same post i made?" you dont cease to amaze. Your tirade on how you repair all your cars and think a bmw is well built is great, they are very fancily built, as is all german engineering. note how you completely avoided mentioning the reliability of all the cars youve done maintenance on. You didnt actually address what i said either, which is german cars still need lots of repairs and expensive ones at that. Fords need repairs, yes, but they arent very expensive and they arent as frequent. Please dont bring up some crap about "well i repair them so its free!", VERY FEW people repair their own bmws, most take it to mechanics, so who cares that you work on your cars with your own labor.

Also lol at "GT500s are rare mustangs please we are talking about 5.0s". Yes thats the point, thats the definition of apples to apples. You say "well the m3 isnt a 3 series, BUT A GT500 IS A VERY RARE MUSTANG AND CANT BE COMPARED TO THE M3". This is literally what youre arguing. The M3 is a 3 series, just like the GT500 is a mustang. Your original argument is "well everyones going to have a mustang 5.0" problem is everyone has a 3 series as well. If you want a rare 3 series you buy an M3, if you want a rare mustang you buy a GT500 (which for 48k after SVT pack will easily beat an M3 in every performance category).

It scares me that someone so illogical can afford an m3.

Last edited by omegaslast; 08-27-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #166
SnakeKiller
Private
1

 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San diego


Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

wow The S*&T hit the fan..lol
Guys lets no get carried away here.
both this cars are very comparable on the performance side, MT never compared the other side.

The M3 became the sport's car standard of the world, so its only logical that other cars will target it. on the other had the mustang has 45 years of history and basically has its own class. i think its awesome that ford when't back to its original pony car concept, that of a light v8 powered coupe, with european like styling.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #167
M3ryder55
Major
28

 
Drives: 15' MW/SO ETA August
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chatsworth, CA


Posts: 1,107
iTrader: (2)

good job ford. but at the end of the day its a rustang. and that has to be one of the ugliest colors I have ever see. Oh well, hopefully this will keep the number of E9x M3's down.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #168
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
39

 
BMRLVR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada


Posts: 2,331
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post
I guess i didnt make my comment clear enough for those who are as dense as a neutron star. "this post is apparently all facts" was in reference to YOUR post. which was not facts at all. It was subjective bullcrap or flat out wrong statements

BTW, in this memoir of yours you forgot to even address most of my points.

You attack my claim of F150 with "well its not the best truck ANYMORE LOOK AT THESE MAGAZINES", okay? Point out to me where i even USED the word best. Over the course of the past 25 years its more favorably reviewed and far more purchased than any truck. period. please dont try to refute this and make a bigger fool of yourself by completely misconstruing my argument again. Especially if youre not going to bring anything to the table regarding the overseas popularity and incredibly well reviewed ford focus RS, ford mondeo, ford falcon, etc,

In terms of "holy crap is this guy replying to the same post i made?" you dont cease to amaze. Your tirade on how you repair all your cars and think a bmw is well built is great, they are very fancily built, as is all german engineering. note how you completely avoided mentioning the reliability of all the cars youve done maintenance on. You didnt actually address what i said either, which is german cars still need lots of repairs and expensive ones at that. Fords need repairs, yes, but they arent very expensive and they arent as frequent. Please dont bring up some crap about "well i repair them so its free!", VERY FEW people repair their own bmws, most take it to mechanics, so who cares that you work on your cars with your own labor.

Also lol at "GT500s are rare mustangs please we are talking about 5.0s". Yes thats the point, thats the definition of apples to apples. You say "well the m3 isnt a 3 series, BUT A GT500 IS A VERY RARE MUSTANG AND CANT BE COMPARED TO THE M3". This is literally what youre arguing. The M3 is a 3 series, just like the GT500 is a mustang. Your original argument is "well everyones going to have a mustang 5.0" problem is everyone has a 3 series as well. If you want a rare 3 series you buy an M3, if you want a rare mustang you buy a GT500 (which for 48k after SVT pack will easily beat an M3 in every performance category).

It scares me that someone so illogical can afford an m3.
Ok..... I thought we were debating here but obviously you are taking this to a whole new level. I post my opinions in this forum and try to add some useful posts if I can. You on the other hand have 4 posts on here and each and every one of them has been trying to discredit someone.

Try and follow me here..... you are in an M3 webforum and can't understand why almost everyone on here is an M3 fan and that they believe an M3 is superior to a Mustang..... Why is that??? That is kinda the same as if I went on a Mustang Forum and said "Mustangs suck M3's are better". What kind of reaction you think I would get??? Probably the same reaction a Mustang enthusiast would get on here, Right?

Anyway I will make my point one last time and then bow out of this thread all together. So here goes:

I respect the performance and value the new Mustang GT 5.0 delivers. I realize that it's performance numbers are so close to that of my M3 that in a race, (drag race or road course) it would be a drivers race as there is virtually no difference in the performance. With all this being said I would still prefer my M3 to the Mustang because I feel the M3 is a more complete package and a better built and engineered car. I base this opinion on the fact that I am a Mechanic and I feel I am qualified to make that observation due to my background of working on cars. Just because I feel this way I also realize everyone is not necessarily going to agree with my opinion or feel I am right. I feel this way so I bought an M3. Other people feel that the Mustang (or the Corvette, or Camaro, or RS4, etc.) is a better car or better value or whatever they feel so they buy Mustangs (or whatever else they buy). You see cars and brand loyalty are like Religion..... and there is no winning an argument when it comes to Religion.

Please respect the people of this Forum and put some time in making useful posts and comments before you try and make people look like idiots or insult their intelligence. With only 4 posts and also considering the fact that you don't even own an M3 you don't command a lot of attention or weight here. I will debate cars with you all day long as long as it stays civil but lets not start a pissing match or say who should be able to afford an M3.

Good day!
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Moonstone/Individual Amarone Extended/Individual Piano Black With Inlay:LINK!!!
1994 Euro E36 M3 Sedan - Daytona Violet/Mulberry:LINK!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #169
alms211
Banned
9

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD


Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Ok..... I thought we were debating here but obviously you are taking this to a whole new level. I post my opinions in this forum and try to add some useful posts if I can. You on the other hand have 4 posts on here and each and every one of them has been trying to discredit someone.

Try and follow me here..... you are in an M3 webforum and can't understand why almost everyone on here is an M3 fan and that they believe an M3 is superior to a Mustang..... Why is that??? That is kinda the same as if I went on a Mustang Forum and said "Mustangs suck M3's are better". What kind of reaction you think I would get??? Probably the same reaction a Mustang enthusiast would get on here, Right?

Anyway I will make my point one last time and then bow out of this thread all together. So here goes:

I respect the performance and value the new Mustang GT 5.0 delivers. I realize that it's performance numbers are so close to that of my M3 that in a race, (drag race or road course) it would be a drivers race as there is virtually no difference in the performance. With all this being said I would still prefer my M3 to the Mustang because I feel the M3 is a more complete package and a better built and engineered car. I base this opinion on the fact that I am a Mechanic and I feel I am qualified to make that observation due to my background of working on cars. Just because I feel this way I also realize everyone is not necessarily going to agree with my opinion or feel I am right. I feel this way so I bought an M3. Other people feel that the Mustang (or the Corvette, or Camaro, or RS4, etc.) is a better car or better value or whatever they feel so they buy Mustangs (or whatever else they buy). You see cars and brand loyalty are like Religion..... and there is no winning an argument when it comes to Religion.

Please respect the people of this Forum and put some time in making useful posts and comments before you try and make people look like idiots or insult their intelligence. With only 4 posts and also considering the fact that you don't even own an M3 you don't command a lot of attention or weight here. I will debate cars with you all day long as long as it stays civil but lets not start a pissing match or say who should be able to afford an M3.

Good day!
Great post...and not just because I share the same exact opinion

If you like the Mustang and think it's the car for you, go buy it; join the Mustang forum and enjoy your car. No fuss, no muss.

I wil tell you, I am a big fan of the Corvette. Actually went to Corvettes at Carlisle today. The performance of a stock Z06 will thump a stock E9xM3 and I love the exterior styling of the Z06...even more so than the M3. Having said that, I most likely will not buy one again and will opt for the M3 instead as, IN MY OPINION, it is a much better overall car with considerably better build quality and engineering....same holds true of my opinon of the M3 vs the Mustang. (not comparing a Z06 vs a Mustang here as there isn't a stock Mustang on the planet that has the performance of a C6Z06).

Lastly, price point discussions only go so far. Is the E9xM3 a $25-30K better car than the Mustang we are discussing? I would say it isn't......but you can bet your ass it is $15-20K better. I'll pay the $10-15K premium new....but I don't have to because you can pick up a slightly used '09 M3 for mid $50's these days with less than 10k miles. That's only a $10-15K delta vs this new Mustang. No brainer to me.

Last edited by alms211; 08-28-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 02:52 AM   #170
omegaslast
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2003 330ci
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ca


Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Ok..... I thought we were debating here but obviously you are taking this to a whole new level. I post my opinions in this forum and try to add some useful posts if I can. You on the other hand have 4 posts on here and each and every one of them has been trying to discredit someone.

Try and follow me here..... you are in an M3 webforum and can't understand why almost everyone on here is an M3 fan and that they believe an M3 is superior to a Mustang..... Why is that??? That is kinda the same as if I went on a Mustang Forum and said "Mustangs suck M3's are better". What kind of reaction you think I would get??? Probably the same reaction a Mustang enthusiast would get on here, Right?

Anyway I will make my point one last time and then bow out of this thread all together. So here goes:

I respect the performance and value the new Mustang GT 5.0 delivers. I realize that it's performance numbers are so close to that of my M3 that in a race, (drag race or road course) it would be a drivers race as there is virtually no difference in the performance. With all this being said I would still prefer my M3 to the Mustang because I feel the M3 is a more complete package and a better built and engineered car. I base this opinion on the fact that I am a Mechanic and I feel I am qualified to make that observation due to my background of working on cars. Just because I feel this way I also realize everyone is not necessarily going to agree with my opinion or feel I am right. I feel this way so I bought an M3. Other people feel that the Mustang (or the Corvette, or Camaro, or RS4, etc.) is a better car or better value or whatever they feel so they buy Mustangs (or whatever else they buy). You see cars and brand loyalty are like Religion..... and there is no winning an argument when it comes to Religion.

Please respect the people of this Forum and put some time in making useful posts and comments before you try and make people look like idiots or insult their intelligence. With only 4 posts and also considering the fact that you don't even own an M3 you don't command a lot of attention or weight here. I will debate cars with you all day long as long as it stays civil but lets not start a pissing match or say who should be able to afford an M3.

Good day!
Discuss the merits of a mustang and how much you do or dont like it but dont try to discredit ford as a whole. Notice how i didnt attack anyone who said "wow thats impressive, but i would still buy the bmw, i prefer how they drive, look (etc), plus i (maybe) have had bad experience with fords" or "i like bmws for their badge and image.... so the ford is a no buy". I dont care that they dont like it, as long as they are truthful about why they dont like it and dont fabricate a bunch of lies about a company in an attempt to lessen the cars achievements.

Ford has made some nice cars for the past 10 years, most of them arent sold in america, but regardless they have some impressive feats of engineering. The Ford GT was a beast for its price, so is the focus RS in europe/australia, and the ford falcon in australia. Ford is currently dominating in WRC, and has more heritage in racing than almost any other company out there. Plus the mustang has always been the pony car to beat, and the cobra fastback is still one of the best looking cars out there.

Also what kind of religion is bmw if it means you have to trash another company to make you feel better (although i have to admit, a lot of religions love doing that, since theyre arrogant and insecure as shit). Ultimately i like a lot of BMWs stuff, the z4 m coupe is one of the best looking cars ever id say, e46 3 series is aging like a fine wine (just like the bmw 2002 has and older 5 series), the 135i amazes me because its ballsy and vulgar and seems like a "risky" car for bmw, etc (i could go on). Unfortunately their cars are just expensive as hell to maintain so bmw ownership is not as widespread as it should be. Problem is the bmw crowd is just ridiculous about this stuff. Blind devotion to bmw is stupid, appreciate what other companies bring to the table, otherwise you can just stop calling yourself a car fanatic. I keep the subjective things subjective and the objective, objective. I dont like GM much, the corvette does nothing for me, but whenever i read some stats on the z06 or zr1 it i have to go "DAMN that is ridiculous, what a fantastic car, and a fantastic feat they can bring it out for that much money". I also applaud their cheap and readily available LS crate engines that open up all sorts of engine swap projects that we otherwise would never see.

If GM brings out a camaro that whups the mustang and a bunch of mustang fanboys started shit talking GM with lies, id say the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 04:38 AM   #171
SnakeKiller
Private
1

 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San diego


Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post
Discuss the merits of a mustang and how much you do or dont like it but dont try to discredit ford as a whole. Notice how i didnt attack anyone who said "wow thats impressive, but i would still buy the bmw, i prefer how they drive, look (etc), plus i (maybe) have had bad experience with fords" or "i like bmws for their badge and image.... so the ford is a no buy". I dont care that they dont like it, as long as they are truthful about why they dont like it and dont fabricate a bunch of lies about a company in an attempt to lessen the cars achievements.

Ford has made some nice cars for the past 10 years, most of them arent sold in america, but regardless they have some impressive feats of engineering. The Ford GT was a beast for its price, so is the focus RS in europe/australia, and the ford falcon in australia. Ford is currently dominating in WRC, and has more heritage in racing than almost any other company out there. Plus the mustang has always been the pony car to beat, and the cobra fastback is still one of the best looking cars out there.

Also what kind of religion is bmw if it means you have to trash another company to make you feel better (although i have to admit, a lot of religions love doing that, since theyre arrogant and insecure as shit). Ultimately i like a lot of BMWs stuff, the z4 m coupe is one of the best looking cars ever id say, e46 3 series is aging like a fine wine (just like the bmw 2002 has and older 5 series), the 135i amazes me because its ballsy and vulgar and seems like a "risky" car for bmw, etc (i could go on). Unfortunately their cars are just expensive as hell to maintain so bmw ownership is not as widespread as it should be. Problem is the bmw crowd is just ridiculous about this stuff. Blind devotion to bmw is stupid, appreciate what other companies bring to the table, otherwise you can just stop calling yourself a car fanatic. I keep the subjective things subjective and the objective, objective. I dont like GM much, the corvette does nothing for me, but whenever i read some stats on the z06 or zr1 it i have to go "DAMN that is ridiculous, what a fantastic car, and a fantastic feat they can bring it out for that much money". I also applaud their cheap and readily available LS crate engines that open up all sorts of engine swap projects that we otherwise would never see.

If GM brings out a camaro that whups the mustang and a bunch of mustang fanboys started shit talking GM with lies, id say the same thing.
++1
very well said, theres Brand enthusiast and car enthusiast.
currently there no mach for the M3 as a whole package, on the performance side the mustang is currently the most matched rival. they basically have identical specs.

for the most part this forum change my view of BMW drivers, i very impressed with this forum community.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #172
Buck24bmw
New Member
0

 
Drives: 11 Shelby GT500
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern VA


Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Ok..... I thought we were debating here but obviously you are taking this to a whole new level. I post my opinions in this forum and try to add some useful posts if I can. You on the other hand have 4 posts on here and each and every one of them has been trying to discredit someone.

Try and follow me here..... you are in an M3 webforum and can't understand why almost everyone on here is an M3 fan and that they believe an M3 is superior to a Mustang..... Why is that??? That is kinda the same as if I went on a Mustang Forum and said "Mustangs suck M3's are better". What kind of reaction you think I would get??? Probably the same reaction a Mustang enthusiast would get on here, Right?

Anyway I will make my point one last time and then bow out of this thread all together. So here goes:



I respect the performance and value the new Mustang GT 5.0 delivers. I realize that it's performance numbers are so close to that of my M3 that in a race, (drag race or road course) it would be a drivers race as there is virtually no difference in the performance. With all this being said I would still prefer my M3 to the Mustang because I feel the M3 is a more complete package and a better built and engineered car. I base this opinion on the fact that I am a Mechanic and I feel I am qualified to make that observation due to my background of working on cars. Just because I feel this way I also realize everyone is not necessarily going to agree with my opinion or feel I am right. I feel this way so I bought an M3. Other people feel that the Mustang (or the Corvette, or Camaro, or RS4, etc.) is a better car or better value or whatever they feel so they buy Mustangs (or whatever else they buy). You see cars and brand loyalty are like Religion..... and there is no winning an argument when it comes to Religion.

Please respect the people of this Forum and put some time in making useful posts and comments before you try and make people look like idiots or insult their intelligence. With only 4 posts and also considering the fact that you don't even own an M3 you don't command a lot of attention or weight here. I will debate cars with you all day long as long as it stays civil but lets not start a pissing match or say who should be able to afford an M3.

Good day!
+1000

I don't post often but this subject has been a lightening rod on all forums I seem to frequent. I own a GT500 and love it for what it is. My buddy just bought a 5.0 and it's a fantastic performance bargain. That being said my Dad has a 2008 E90 M3 and for all all around car there is nothing out there, in my opinion that is better. We all are passionate about what we spend our hard earned money on, especially in these hard times. It's great to see most on this forum and even most on the mustang forum respect each car for what it is and nothing more. I urge some that have not been able to drive an M3 at length that are subscribed to this post to go out and do so. There is much more to a car besides the 0-60 times and lap times, the feel from the chassis is superb and the reason why it is considered the gold standard that the magazines compare to. This is coming from a guy who owns a mustang .
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #173
HebrewhaM3r
Enlisted Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Great room


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckistryke View Post
NO more excuses... same track, same day, same driver, M3 wins. but Ford is the real winner here. life goes on... goood day
+1

Maybe now BMW M should pride itself more in the luxury area than performance.

On the other hand I think a nicer interior/exterior design,quality of materials is worth another another 25 grands.
People buy the more expensive Porsche 911 over an M3,they get pretty much the same performance yet they might like the Porsche experience even more.

I would like to see a 911 vs Mustang GT comparo.
__________________
what's your slip angle?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #174
SnakeKiller
Private
1

 
Drives: Ford F150
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San diego


Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrewhaM3r View Post
+1

Maybe now BMW M should pride itself more in the luxury area than performance.

On the other hand I think a nicer interior/exterior design,quality of materials is worth another another 25 grands.
People buy the more expensive Porsche 911 over an M3,they get pretty much the same performance yet they might like the Porsche experience even more.

I would like to see a 911 vs Mustang GT comparo.
their not so comparable.
911 mid-engine
mustang front engine
M3 front engine
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #175
HebrewhaM3r
Enlisted Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Great room


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeKiller View Post
their not so comparable.
911 mid-engine
mustang front engine
M3 front engine

The 911 is a rear-engined vehicle not a mid engine like a Boxster,there was a 911 vs M3 comparo where the M3 took 1st place.

Almost every reputable car mag has a 911 vs Corvette (front engine)comparo...
__________________
what's your slip angle?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #176
HebrewhaM3r
Enlisted Member
United_States
0

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Great room


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

I see a trend forming((IS F,RS5,CTS V,C63 AMG, and now the brand new Mustang GT 5.0), a Win is a Win.

And the E9X being usually the oldest of the bunch... the little 4.0 liter engine that could. If price and performance was everything people wouldn't be driving Bentley's,Maserati's etc.
__________________
what's your slip angle?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST