BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

08-13-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
swhat
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 MW E92

ED Drop off

Hello guys,
Still doing some research for european delivery and I had a quick question. If i drop my car off in paris, will they offer me a ride back to munich or to the train station? or do I have to pay for a taxi? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Even at the Munich drop off location I had to find my own way back to the train station. Actually split a taxi with a fellow EDer at the time.

My guess same holds true for the Paris drop off.
      08-13-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
You will need to arrange your own transportation. They can probably help you call a taxi, but you still have to pay for it yourself.

For my Frankfurt drop off, we just walk to the nearest bus station and take the bus to the train station.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #4
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

You don't want to pay for a taxi from Paris to Munich, assuming you could even find one. Even flying would be cheaper...
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem

Last edited by aajami; 08-13-2010 at 03:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #5
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

why don't you just drive it back to munich if you are heading there anyways.
      08-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #6
swhat
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 MW E92

i was planning on taking a train back to munich because i have to fly out the following day. I don't want to drive 10 hours then pass out and then fly off. I want to relax a little before the 15 hour flight
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #7
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

its about 7 hours granted without much traffic, but understand if you don't want to sit in a car driving right before a flight. its a nice drive especially if you can plan in a little detour. like driving a piece of the romantic road. does dropping off in paris delay the delivery back home? i figure they need to get it back to munich anyways to prepare it for shipment and then off it goes with the other cars.

on a side note, i have flown from LA to Paris CDG, then drove directly to the Nordschleife, dropped off the wife/kid at hotel and commenced doing laps. i'm insane however. lol. good luck with your plans!
      08-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
its about 7 hours granted without much traffic, but understand if you don't want to sit in a car driving right before a flight. its a nice drive especially if you can plan in a little detour. like driving a piece of the romantic road. does dropping off in paris delay the delivery back home? i figure they need to get it back to munich anyways to prepare it for shipment and then off it goes with the other cars.

on a side note, i have flown from LA to Paris CDG, then drove directly to the Nordschleife, dropped off the wife/kid at hotel and commenced doing laps. i'm insane however. lol. good luck with your plans!
Any drop off outside of Germany further delays the re-delivery time. That's for sure.
Appreciate 0