BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

08-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Flight Attendant Steven Slater is an IDIOT

Nothing a passenger does gives ANY Flight Attendant the right to get on the loud speaker and cuss back at the passenger or commit a felony by opening up the escape door on the plane.

Steven Slater acted like a complete and utter idiot. Very unprofessional.

This guy has done nothing more than encourage others that are tired of their jobs to act in a similiar idiotic, unlawful way.

I hope he is convicted of the felony and spends a good long time in jail, so he has time to reflect on his idiotic actions.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Though grabbing a few beers before "ejecting" made the story even more epic though. In either case, I am happy it brought to light at how much bullshit flight attendants have to endure and how some passengers have too much of an entitlement issue. Though I know it can be switched around easily.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Though grabbing a few beers before "ejecting" made the story even more epic though. In either case, I am happy it brought to light at how much bullshit flight attendants have to endure and how some passengers have too much of an entitlement issue. Though I know it can be switched around easily.
this.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Awesome, then when he sits in his jail cell, at least he'll be able to reflect all day about how much better all the other flight attendants are now being treated. Unfortunately, I don't believe he'll ever reap the rewards, as no airline will hire him after JetBlue cans his sorry a$$. I predict he's served his last beverage at 40k feet.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
this.
..and that?

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 08-11-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
..and that?

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #7
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Interesting how it seems to have really touched a chord with the public. There are a lot of people out there in the service industry who have been stretched too thin for too long, dealing with increasingly unruly customers (who are not always right).

It's one thing if it's someone at a restaurant, or in retail or something, who goes off the deep end, and swears over the PA system, then stomps off in a big huff. It's kinda amusing for others to watch, and yes they'll never work in that field again (which they probably dont care about), but overall, no serious harm done.

If I was in the Gap and I heard someone do that, I'd think it says more about them than it does about the Gap, and I'd probably continue to shop there.

However, at 30,000 feet, where irrational actions of someone who has snapped could result in a disaster with fatalities, that is a whole other ballgame !

One flight attendant being interviewed commented about the lack of psychological screening, despite the rest of the detailed training they get. Perhaps they should think about doing that...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Can't say I agree or disagree with what he did.

But I can't believe people call him a hero.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
vioaltec
Sasha Fierce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 3 series coupe

shit........i think hes a hero.....bravo for him....
      08-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
james426
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i Sedan

I don't think the plane was actually in the air, my understanding is it was on the ground.

The straw that broke the camel's back was something about that unruly passenger's luggage falling on him (the bin at the top was not closed properly).

Anyhow he is definately a hero in books and has a place in pop culture history
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #11
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
My Godmother and Mom are both retired flight attendants. They both told me there were times they wish they could have done that, and all their current/retired flight attendant friends said the same thing.
      08-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Nothing a passenger does gives ANY Flight Attendant the right to get on the loud speaker and cuss back at the passenger or commit a felony by opening up the escape door on the plane.

Steven Slater acted like a complete and utter idiot. Very unprofessional.

This guy has done nothing more than encourage others that are tired of their jobs to act in a similiar idiotic, unlawful way.

I hope he is convicted of the felony and spends a good long time in jail, so he has time to reflect on his idiotic actions.

1. Say "fuck you" to a douchebag passenger

2. Grab two beers

3. Jump down escape slide

4. Go straight home and have sex

Fucking epic in my book.

He's on the beach hanging out right now. So much win.

And besides: he's gay. If he went to jail he wouldn't care.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by james426 View Post
I don't think the plane was actually in the air, my understanding is it was on the ground.

The straw that broke the camel's back was something about that unruly passenger's luggage falling on him (the bin at the top was not closed properly).

Anyhow he is definately a hero in books and has a place in pop culture history
He definitely has a place in my "book" as the "IDIOT of Year", hands down.... just ahead of Kanye West.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #14
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post

1. Say "fuck you" to a douchebag passenger

2. Grab two beers

3. Jump down escape slide

4. Go straight home and have sex

Fucking epic in my book.

He's on the beach hanging out right now. So much win.

And besides: he's gay. If he went to jail he wouldn't care.
LOL

Now that's funny!!!

Good to see he is the butt of many jokes.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #15
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

I think all domestic flights should have parachutes on them for unruly passengers.

After a vote from all the passengers (this would keep it entertaining on coast-to-coast flights), unruly passengers get a parachute slapped on them, the plane drops to 10,000 and they get kicked out out the door. I'm so fucking sick and tired of idiotic/arrogant people... especially in enclosed spaces, planes/trains/busses, etc.

As soon as your "freedoms" starts to impede mine, you are nothing but a waste of space.

Not condoning the actions of the flight attendant it was certainly unsafe (i've dealt with some real winner flight attendants BTW), but more often than not it's the passengers that are the problem/have put the flight attendants in the bad mood.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #16
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I think all domestic flights should have parachutes on them for unruly passengers.

After a vote from all the passengers (this would keep it entertaining on coast-to-coast flights), unruly passengers get a parachute slapped on them, the plane drops to 10,000 and they get kicked out out the door. I'm so fucking sick and tired of idiotic/arrogant people... especially in enclosed spaces, planes/trains/busses, etc.

As soon as your "freedoms" starts to impede mine, you are nothing but a waste of space.

Not condoning the actions of the flight attendant it was certainly unsafe (i've dealt with some real winner flight attendants BTW), but more often than not it's the passengers that are the problem/have put the flight attendants in the bad mood.
I'm all for that idea, but we also need to give the passengers the option to vote off an unprofessional steward or stewardess as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #17
purespeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 67 cobra

Steven Slater worked for Jet Blue Airlines before his departure. Seems like good help is hard to get at Jet Blue Airlines. Another one of their employees hit the news in a bad way.

On Friday, August 13, Javier Alberto Diaz, DOB 11/8/1986, of 1939 Fairway Loop Drive in Kissimmee, a materials handler for Jet Blue Airlines, drove to the undercover location to have sex with a 14-year-old girl. Diaz was one of many suspects who came to the house with condoms in his pocket. Diaz was booked into the Polk County Jail on charges of: 1 count Traveling to Meet a Minor for Sex (F-2). He has bonded out of jail.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/polk-c...c/420062818620
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #18
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by purespeed View Post
Steven Slater worked for Jet Blue Airlines before his departure. Seems like good help is hard to get at Jet Blue Airlines. Another one of their employees hit the news in a bad way.

On Friday, August 13, Javier Alberto Diaz, DOB 11/8/1986, of 1939 Fairway Loop Drive in Kissimmee, a materials handler for Jet Blue Airlines, drove to the undercover location to have sex with a 14-year-old girl. Diaz was one of many suspects who came to the house with condoms in his pocket. Diaz was booked into the Polk County Jail on charges of: 1 count Traveling to Meet a Minor for Sex (F-2). He has bonded out of jail.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/polk-c...c/420062818620

...and you wanta be my baggage handler?

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 08-25-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #19
purespeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 67 cobra

Where is Steven Slater when you need him?

Looks like JetBlue is having some bad luck.

JetBlue Airbus Crashes On Sacramento Airstrip

August 26, 2010. By Lucy Campbell

Sacramento, CA: A plane crash involving a JetBlue Airbus A320 took place during landing at Sacramento airport Thursday afternoon. Reports indicate that passengers were told to evacuate via the emergency slides as a fire broke out on the underside of the plane.

So far, reports indicate that 15 passengers were injured and four were sent to local hospitals with minor injuries.

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...s-Crashes.html
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #20
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vioaltec View Post
shit........i think hes a hero.....bravo for him....
Yup he's a great hero... right up there with Barry Bonds.

Kids of America, did you hear this!!!!! Feel free to act just like Mr. Bonds and Mr Slater. They have been annointed your heroes.

....and by 2030, we'll have a whole world full of ignorant, self absorbed assholes, just like Bonds and Slater.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 08-30-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Yup he's a great hero... right up there with Barry Bonds.

Kids of America, did you hear this!!!!! Feel free to act just like Mr. Bonds and Mr Slater. They have been annointed your heroes.

....and by 2030, we'll have a whole world full of ignorant, self absorbed assholes, just like Bonds and Slater.
yep....

I worked in various service industries for over 8 years, mostly in industries where my tip was also reliant on the asshole customers.... you suck it up and you be a fucking big boy.

I really don't see where all this 'hero' crap is coming from. He's a flight attendant, take an attitude back with the guy if you want and that's the end of it....try having someone be a dick to you, and then affect your wage (i.e. not tip you), that's a whole other league rather than having to put up with a guy for 3 hours and never seeing him again....
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #22
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep
Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
yep....

I worked in various service industries for over 8 years, mostly in industries where my tip was also reliant on the asshole customers.... you suck it up and you be a fucking big boy.

I really don't see where all this 'hero' crap is coming from. He's a flight attendant, take an attitude back with the guy if you want and that's the end of it....try having someone be a dick to you, and then affect your wage (i.e. not tip you), that's a whole other league rather than having to put up with a guy for 3 hours and never seeing him again....
Agreed. If you can't do this ^^ in life, you haven't got a chance.

A hero for being a dick.... geezzz. America is really on a downward spiral.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0