BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GT Haus

08-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #45
graider
Colonel

Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
really? not saying it looks bad, but the wing on the GTS seems out of place. the proportion just doesn't look right...
i think it looks great and I prefer it over the gt3 rs wing. the gts looks more business to me.

gt3 wing is the best though.

Last edited by graider; 08-12-2010 at 02:57 PM.
      08-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #46
graider
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
No suprises here...you just cant beat THE BEST in the GT3 & GT3 RS.

Just imagine how much more the GT3 RS would have crushed it if the GT3 RS had PDK.
a counter point. no surprise here given the rs is some 300-400lbs lighter than the gts. if bmw get more serious to pit their car directly against the porsche though, the new z4m coupe gt3 would give the rs a run for the money even if it have pdk http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/04/b...-you-can-race/. i'm pretty sure they can turn this into production easily, but i'm not sure why they don't. hehe

i also think the z4 gt3 is better looking than the rsr or cup car.
      08-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #47
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

The GTS is a fantastic car.
MediaArtist is offline   United_States
      08-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #48
karussell
Major

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
a counter point. no surprise here given the rs is some 300-400lbs lighter than the gts. if bmw get more serious to pit their car directly against the porsche though, the new z4m coupe gt3 would give the rs a run for the money even if it have pdk http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/04/b...-you-can-race/. i'm pretty sure they can turn this into production easily, but i'm not sure why they don't. hehe

i also think the z4 gt3 is better looking than the rsr or cup car.
ok, well the Porsche GT3 R is the competing car for the Z4 GT3 in the FIA GT3 series.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsand...ogyandconcept/

unlike the Z4 V-8 GT3 the porsche is based on the street GT3 RS. actually the engine is the same except its bored out to 4.0L. 480HP/1200kg per the regulations. sequential transmission but definitely not a PDK type box. it also won 8/10 previous 24hr Nurburgring races. oh, its $20K cheaper than the Z4 also.

looks of course subjective. i think the new Z4 looks great. loved the Z3 M coupe way more though. If they make a street Z4 M coupe with S65 that would be awesome. since BMW is only interested in making turbo trucks and SAC's whatever the hell that is, i don't think they are going to go that direction.
      08-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #49
graider
Colonel

not disagree with you at all here.

but i just thinnk bmw is annoying as hell for the fact they don't bring a production version of the z4 gt3 race car to the street. atleast give us some legit gt3 rs competitor to talk about.

nice stable bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
ok, well the Porsche GT3 R is the competing car for the Z4 GT3 in the FIA GT3 series.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsand...ogyandconcept/

unlike the Z4 V-8 GT3 the porsche is based on the street GT3 RS. actually the engine is the same except its bored out to 4.0L. 480HP/1200kg per the regulations. sequential transmission but definitely not a PDK type box. it also won 8/10 previous 24hr Nurburgring races. oh, its $20K cheaper than the Z4 also.

looks of course subjective. i think the new Z4 looks great. loved the Z3 M coupe way more though. If they make a street Z4 M coupe with S65 that would be awesome. since BMW is only interested in making turbo trucks and SAC's whatever the hell that is, i don't think they are going to go that direction.