BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #23
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,697
Posts

 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
LCI tails are controlled by the FRM, which have nothing to do with the DME.
Understood but Bruno went in for a lci program updated and they just went ahead and updated her dmi ....
Which they do on purpose to unlocked ecu's I've been told
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #24
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
328
Rep
10,632
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Understood but Bruno went in for a lci program updated and they just went ahead and updated her dmi ....
Which they do on purpose to unlocked ecu's I've been told
Good point.

Possibly other updates that specified DME programming, but a routine LCI flash does not call up the DME.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #25
kitw
Colonel
kitw's Avatar
61
Rep
2,632
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW M3/2014 Boxster S
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (14)

The 2011 does indeed have a different encryption than the previous MY. My car is down at Dinan right now having software developed on it.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #26
Sal@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
24
Rep
1,063
Posts


 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire

iTrader: (0)

Almost all BMW specialist tuners can get around this issue now.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #27
ryan@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant
ryan@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
16
Rep
434
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ryan@ActiveAutowerke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
Almost all BMW specialist tuners can get around this issue now.
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #28
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
15
Rep
638
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT JZB/FR
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, England

iTrader: (1)

If I upgrade my 2008 to LCI lights, would it be better to have them coded via autologic before my dealer Dme reflash next week, or shall I leave it until after?

It seems to me that the FRM2 module can be coded at any time, but I would like to know if it makes a difference if it's done before the flash or after.

Also, Can the dealer code the FRM2 module for the LCI lights, or is it just Autologic that can do it?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #29
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
328
Rep
10,632
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina527 View Post
If I upgrade my 2008 to LCI lights, would it be better to have them coded via autologic before my dealer Dme reflash next week, or shall I leave it until after?

It seems to me that the FRM2 module can be coded at any time, but I would like to know if it makes a difference if it's done before the flash or after.

Also, Can the dealer code the FRM2 module for the LCI lights, or is it just Autologic that can do it?
On a 2008 models, the FRM2 coding can be overwritten. Get the DME updated before the LCI coding to save having the need to reprogram tails again.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #30
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
15
Rep
638
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT JZB/FR
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, England

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
On a 2008 models, the FRM2 coding can be overwritten. Get the DME updated before the LCI coding to save having the need to reprogram tails again.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST